Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:37:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]  (Read 11200 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 11:35:58 PM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:13 PM »

Yeah, maybe I should declare for three separate offices to make up for it.
I don't go out of my way calling people c*nts simply for running for office. Nor do I have a need to fake who I am to people so that they see me as "nice guy ff".

As much as you want to say terrible things behind my back, at least I'm honest about how I feel towards people. No one likes a disingenuous c*nt. The sooner you learn that, the better Wink

Are there any more "dindu compilation" videos you'd like to share with us? Wink

Says a guy who has also openly posted attacks towards someone over their brother's drug addiction. As much as you want to claim I'm some sort of troll going out of my way to trigger the libs, there are lines I certainly do not cross. It's a shame you can't even be bothered to share those morals.

It must be hard having to try so hard to act like a victim all the time. Racking up pity points sure isn't easy.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2019, 11:43:01 PM »

Yeah, maybe I should declare for three separate offices to make up for it.
I don't go out of my way calling people c*nts simply for running for office. Nor do I have a need to fake who I am to people so that they see me as "nice guy ff".

As much as you want to say terrible things behind my back, at least I'm honest about how I feel towards people. No one likes a disingenuous c*nt. The sooner you learn that, the better Wink

Are there any more "dindu compilation" videos you'd like to share with us? Wink

Says a guy who has also openly posted attacks towards someone over their brother's drug addiction. As much as you want to claim I'm some sort of troll going out of my way to trigger the libs, there are lines I certainly do not cross. It's a shame you can't even be bothered to share those morals.

It must be hard having to try so hard to act like a victim all the time. Racking up pity points sure isn't easy.

That was right after said individual mocked a mother who lost a child when he was in ICE custody, and we have since made amends.  You wrote off said individual's comments as "trolling."  Quit digging up old sh!t when you have nothing else.

You've gotten into fights with just about everyone in this game who's on the left and I just happen to be the latest on your list.  This really is nothing new for you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2019, 02:11:41 AM »

I've deleted the reported posts due to profanity. I'm just going to warn everybody here, keep it civil and don't force me to use the flamethrower.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2019, 03:45:35 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

I would like to make a brief statement on what transpired over the last 16 hours or so.  While I would prefer not to spiel over every detail, there was a fight on Discord between fhtagn and myself and several other individuals who were involved.  I did say some things which I now regret.  I have since spoken to fhtagn about the incident and we both agreed not to let this feud carry over for the next several months, whether we are elected to the same government or not, regardless of how we might feel personally about what went on.

As someone who's gotten into personal fights with people revolving around this game before (one which resulted in me exiting the forum for over a year), I try to steer away from all the drama that takes place here and in this instance I failed to not become involved with it.  So for all those whom I've offended, I apologize, but to those who do not accept my apology, I will not ask for their forgiveness or friendship.

Right now, I am hoping we can all agree to a truce and move on to the real issues impacting the game, because we've had enough people caught up in these webs of drama that only exist to exclude people from the game and discourage new people from wanting to get involved.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »

I would like to make a brief statement on what transpired over the last 16 hours or so.  While I would prefer not to spiel over every detail, there was a fight on Discord between fhtagn and myself and several other individuals who were involved.  I did say some things which I now regret.  I have since spoken to fhtagn about the incident and we both agreed not to let this feud carry over for the next several months, whether we are elected to the same government or not, regardless of how we might feel personally about what went on.

As someone who's gotten into personal fights with people revolving around this game before (one which resulted in me exiting the forum for over a year), I try to steer away from all the drama that takes place here and in this instance I failed to not become involved with it.  So for all those whom I've offended, I apologize, but to those who do not accept my apology, I will not ask for their forgiveness or friendship.

Right now, I am hoping we can all agree to a truce and move on to the real issues impacting the game, because we've had enough people caught up in these webs of drama that only exist to exclude people from the game and discourage new people from wanting to get involved.

Thank you for this statement.
I will give you my vote for re-election as FM on the understanding that you are sincere in your regret over what you said and are committed to doing better in the future.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2019, 09:10:32 PM »

Thank you for this statement.
I will give you my vote for re-election as FM on the understanding that you are sincere in your regret over what you said and are committed to doing better in the future.

I appreciate that, shua.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2019, 01:45:27 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2019, 10:51:04 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

Scott delivers victory speech at election night watch party in Cheyenne, WY1

We did it, folks!  We did it!

This election turned out to be substantially closer than January's.  But, I think that's pretty easy to say seeing as our last election went unopposed!

[laughter]

I just got off the phone with Jackson Hitchcock and thanked him for a clean, competitive race.  And I hope you will all join me in wishing him the best in his endeavors.

[applause]

Thank you.

We've got quite a busy plate ahead of us for the next three months, and I'm happy to say that, because politics simply doesn't work in regions that lack ideas, lack activity, and lack people willing to put their names forward and keep these important elections contested.

As most of us are aware, there was some strife at the end of the campaign between myself and another Atlasian.  I want to reiterate the regret I have for my involvement in this incident, and I hope that I might regain the trust and respect of those I've disappointed in the months to come.  Personal vendettas serve no purpose other than to alienate and exclude people from the game.  This hurts not only the game, but real people who become targets of this hostility.  I have tried my hardest to avoid the drama that goes on in-game and on Discord, and in this instance I failed.  I promise to learn from my mistake and do better going forward.

Now we have an excellent slate of legislators - particularly YE, Harry Truman, and shua - all of whom have contributed to Fremont and Atlasia in momentous ways.  Let us give them, and the rest of tonight's winners, a round of applause.

[applause]

Now our first item on the agenda for the 11th Parliament which starts on Wednesday.  My first priority will be to extend the Teacher's Tax Credit to private school teachers, who as we all know are just as hard-working as our public schools, but are paid less and afforded fewer job benefits.  This is a commonsense proposal that I anticipate will pass with unanimous or near-unanimous support in Parliament, and we're gonna get it done as soon as our new government is established!

[applause]

And we are going to raise teachers' wages!  We'll get it done, folks.  We'll get it done.

[louder applause]

Next, I shall look forward to working with First Minister YE and First Minister-elect shua on price transparency in the healthcare marketplace.  It is a fact that the vast majority of price gouging comes from healthcare providers.  This is a problem that demands increased transparency and accountability, and I look forward to exploring this issue further with these two gentlemen, as well as former President/First Minister Truman, who will also be serving in our next Parliament.

[applause]

I want to thank all of you for making this victory possible once again.  I want to thank our campaign staff, our volunteers, and all our supporters who voted this weekend and even did some canvassing on our behalf.

During these next few months, let us continue with what we set out to do three months ago.  Let's continue to work together to build an active, more prosperous Fremont for the average citizen.  With the team I have been elected to serve with this weekend, I am fully confident that we will do just that.

Thank you, everyone!  Dave bless this great Commonwealth, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

[cheers and applause]

1 U.S. Rep. Mark Udall, D-Colo., and his wife Maggie Fox acknowledge supporters at a Democratic Victory party in Denver, Colo., Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008.
(AP Photo/Ed Andrieski)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2019, 12:22:59 AM »

Full election results to be certified later today.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:37 AM »

Congratulations on your reelection! Cheesy I'm looking forward to working with you again in the next parliament.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2019, 12:35:16 AM »

Congratulations on winning a well deserved re-election!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »

Woohoo!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »

Congratulations!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2019, 05:53:00 PM »

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »

Congratulations on your reelection! Cheesy I'm looking forward to working with you again in the next parliament.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2019, 06:19:56 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT

It has come to my attention that Paul Lockett's Single Transferable Vote Counter, a tool which has often been used in past elections by multiple election administrators, has been criticized by prominent Atlasians (notably our nation's math experts) for being unreliable in determining winners for elections.  As a person who has admittedly little skill in math, I trust the convictions of those such as Encke, Wulfric, and Australian Swing Voter himself that, in last weekend's elections for Fremont Parliament, ASV lost his bid for reelection.

For the sake of preventing future election disputes, I will be creating Fremont's first ever cabinet position to assist in these matters.  This new position, that of the Fremont Chief of Staff, will be responsible for helping to administer elections which require single-transferable vote calculations and for conferring with our fellow election trackers to reach a consensus as to how to rightly administer STV.

According to Deputy GM Encke, it is in my discretion as the elections administrator to use the STV Counter, because the method of STV is not specified in statute.  But it is my desire to ensure that all elections are determined fairly, and I believe that going forward oversight of these elections should be a group effort to ensure accuracy and transparency.

Therefore, I will be using ASV's calculation of the election to certify the results for Parliament.  While ASV will not be elected to the next Parliament as a result of these elections, I will be appointing him to be our Commonwealth's first official Chief of Staff to help to ensure that our democratic process remains fair.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »

I would also just like to say that even though it is my responsibility, in the interests of fairness and checks and balances, every election I will separately task a few individuals to make their own separate calculations, to ensure no mistakes are made. This election I employed Wulfric and Encke as checks on my math, and both of them separately confirmed my calculations to be correct.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 3

Whereas, the methodology of Paul Lockett's Single Transferable Vote Counter, as it is commonly used to calculate elections, has been widely disputed by math experts

Whereas, every Commonwealth election ought to be conducted in a fair, accurate, and transparent manner,

Now, therefore I, Scott, First Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont, do hereby establish the Office of Chief of Staff for assistance in oversight of elections.  Appointed Chiefs of Staff need not withstand Parliamentary approval and may seek the assistance of fellow Atlasians in carrying the duties of the office.

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 4

Whereas, in the aftermath of the April 2019 elections, a calculation error would have allowed the reelection of MP AustralianSwingVoter, who upon conclusion of the election declared that he would not be reelected under fairer rules.

Whereas, Mr. AustralianSwingVoter set an example of true integrity in correcting a technical error that would have allowed him to retain his seat in Parliament.

Now, therefore I, Scott, First Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the Commonwealth of Fremont, do hereby appoint AustralianSwingVoter to the Office of Fremont Chief of Staff, for assistance in oversight of all Parliamentary elections.

Furthermore, for his honesty and integrity displayed in the aftermath of the April 2019 elections, under the authority vested in me by the Order of the Commonwealth of Fremont Act, I hereby award AustralianSwingVoter the title of Guardian.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2019, 07:40:06 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2019, 10:22:53 AM »

As most of you know by now, Fremont has its own Discord server!

https://discord.gg/TmD47Zn

Tomorrow on the first day of the session, there will be an informal vote in Parliament as whether to allow the general public or Fremonters only to use the server.  In the interests of transparency, I am strongly encouraging a vote to allow the server to remain accessible to everyone.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »

With fhtagn and Jimmy both taking their House seats in the coming weeks, and the former not planning to swear in for tomorrow's opening session, a vacant seat in Parliament is now available.  Please message me if you are interested in an appointment to this vacancy or if you plan to run in this weekend's special election.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies