Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:15:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]  (Read 11268 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »

The PEA 2.0 has passed.  In accordance with the amendment, a special election shall be held this weekend.  Please declare if you are interested!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »

My mother is in the hospital once again.  Activity may be limited for the next few days.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2019, 03:27:04 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2019, 03:40:39 AM »

They say that Fremont doesn't get enough elections... which is why next weekend we will be voting on ratification of the Including Overlooked Constitutional Powers Amendment to our federal Constitution!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2019, 05:41:19 AM »

With the ascension of Speaker YE to the House of Representatives, we will need an interim replacement for MP very soon.  Please PM me if you are interested in the job!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2019, 02:14:34 PM »

A special election shall be held to fill the MFP seat currently held by outgoing Speaker YE from July 12th through July 15th.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2019, 07:48:53 PM »

Wow, four candidates so far for the interim vacancy!  Keep 'em coming!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »

Wow, four candidates so far for the interim vacancy!  Keep 'em coming!

Four??
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2019, 12:22:40 AM »

Thank you First Minister!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2019, 02:09:20 AM by Warren Peace🦋 »

Thank you, friends and colleagues, for joining me at my new ranch in Missoula, Montana!  It's always a pleasure to connect directly with constituents and members of the press in this way.

As you all know, agriculture is the backbone of Montana's, and Frémont's, great economy.  One year and a half ago, I founded the Meadowlark Party because I viewed the farmer as more than a job occupation.  The farmer and the rancher represent the very values that our great Commonwealth are founded on: hard, honest work and integrity.  Now, as I speak, farmers and ranchers throughout Fremont and across the Midwest are currently facing the fallout from severe winter storms, bomb cyclones, and spring flooding.  Many farmers will be forced to plant quick cover tops once their fields finally dry out and protect the soil from erosion.  It is clear, from these past months of extreme weather, that aid is needed.

And today, as part of our government's regionalization effort, it is with great pride that I sign into law the Frémont Farm Bill.  The farm bill establishes our region's own Department of Agriculture, to be tasked with the duties of executing our laws that pertain to agriculture and forestry as well as ensuring the quality of our food.  With this law, we will create the Fremont Farmer's Fund: a pilot program to analyze and distribute subsidies pertaining to agricultural activities and determining which ones help our farmers and poor and working-class families.

We're repealing unnecessary and burdensome regulations so that small farmers can enter the market more easily, without compromising economic and safety protections for our region's workers and families.  Perhaps most importantly, we are leveling the legal playing field with Monsanto so that corporations can't abuse patent laws to their own benefit.  Farmers provide a public service, and for that we owe a debt of gratitude.

And now, it is my honor to sign this bill into law!

[loud applause]

AN ACT
To protect and preserve the agriculture industry of Fremont

Section 1: Title

This legislation may be cited as the Fremont Farm Bill of 2019.

Section 2: Establishment of Fremont Department of Agriculture

1. The Fremont Department of Agriculture (FDAG) shall be established for the execution of regional laws related to farming, forestry, and food.

2. The Fremont Department of Agriculture shall be responsible for helping farmers with price support subsidies, inspecting food and ensuring safety of the public, providing financing needed to create jobs, improving housing, utilities, and infrastructure in rural Fremont, and improving nutrition and health by providing food assistance and education, as directed by regional law.

3. The Director of the Fremont Department of Agriculture shall be a non-playable character appointed by the First Minister and may serve indefinitely until resignation, termination, or death.

Section 3: Establishment of Fremont Farmers' Fund

In order to protect and preserve the farming industry in the Commonwealth of Fremont, the following provisions shall be adopted:

1. Every State in the Commonwealth of Fremont shall be required to protect its lands currently used for any farming-related activities (taken in this context to mean agricultural activity as well as livestock raising.)

2. A Farmers' Fund shall be established, operating under the Fremont Department of Agriculture, which will analyze and distribute subsidies pertaining to agricultural activities.  This fund will operate with $5,000,000 (five million dollars) during the first part of the program's existence, and the Department shall have the right to ask the House of Commons to consider an extension of the funding, which the House shall then evaluate and either grant the requested funding, increase the funding, diminish it, or terminate the program.

Section 4: Rights of Farmers

In order to improve efficiency in the farming process, the following provisions shall be adopted;

1. For the purposes of this act, a farmer is any person or persons engaged in the growing of plants for private use or resale (excluding trees harvested for timber but including edible mushrooms) or engaged in the raising, breeding, or collection of animals or animal products for private use or resale.

2. No farmer shall be required to join any marketing board in order to participate in farming activities, nor shall any farmer be required to make any mandatory payment to a marketing board for any purpose.

3. No farmer shall be required to comply with any marketing orders issued by a marketing board, including but not limited to price setting, minimum and maximum product weight, product packaging, product advertising, or territorial restrictions on sale.  This subsection does not preclude the government from enforcing laws prohibiting fraudulent advertisement or laws prescribing minimum safety and cleanliness standards for the sale of plant or animal products.

4. No farmer shall be required to withhold from commerce any portion of their plant or animal products nor be required to deposit any amount of their plant or animal product in a collective reserve pool, unless such products shall stem from a plant or animal deemed endangered or the commerce therefrom produced shall harm the producing species in any way.  Any farmer who by such a provision is not able to sell or trade any produce of their farm shall get just compensation from the regional government equal to the value of the unsold item.

5. No farmer shall be required to implant in their animals any form of tracking chip or associated technology in order to engage in commerce.

6. No farmer shall be required to grow plants from a patented seed, unless the farmer voluntarily enters into a multi-year contract with the patent holder.  If it is discovered that patented seeds are growing on a farm not under a licensing agreement, the Circuit Court shall have jurisdiction to determine the origin.  If it is determined by clear and convincing evidence that the unlicensed seeds were illegally purchased by a farmer, the farmer shall be liable to the patent holder for the cost of the seed, the cost of court filings, and the reasonable costs of the investigation.  If, however, it is shown by preponderance of the evidence that the farmer did not purposefully acquire and then plant the patented seeds, the patent holder shall be liable to the farmer for all legal expenses as well as treble damages on the value of the crop yield.

7. Farmers on farms employing 10 or fewer full-time employees who allow their child or children to assist in farm activities shall not be guilty of violating any Regional or local law against child labor, provided the child or children are not truants or operating heavy machinery for which they have not been properly trained or work for hours too long for the child.

8. Farmers who own a milk-producing cow or goat may sell raw or unpasteurized milk, provided the milk is contained in packaging which clearly states that the product has not been pasteurized. Ownership includes subscribers to a cow or goat sharing agreement which involves subscribers pooling money to collectively own an animal or animals as well as a fixed percentage of any milk.

Section 5: Effectiveness

This law shall take effect immediately upon passage.

1 President Ronald Reagan signs the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981, Rancho del Cielo, 1981.  Courtesy of the Reagan Presidential Library.  Photoshopped
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2019, 11:49:53 PM »

God that's a dreary photo op. You really need to get better Media advisors.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2019, 01:28:26 AM »

As the board's fascist image commissar I'll have to ask for image attributions.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2019, 02:09:55 AM »

As the board's fascist image commissar I'll have to ask for image attributions.

The image is edited and attributions have been added.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2019, 04:38:17 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2019, 04:42:45 AM by Warren Peace🦋 »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2019, 12:12:08 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2019, 12:02:52 AM by Warren Peace🦋 »

First Minister Scott (Meadowlark Party - Montana) announces reelection campaign in Dubuque, Iowa

Good afternoon, everyone.  And happy Pride Day to you all.

We've made great strides in this administration, as now we are on the edge of fully reforming our election laws so that our process may be more efficient while retaining transparency and upholding the spirit of democratic values.  As we open the July session of Parliament, we will begin crafting a new budget that will formally absorb state services.  I have appointed our new Budget Minister, shua, and with his and the GM Department's expertise I am confident that we will craft a budget by the end of this month.

But we must remain diligent and committed to this goal, and we need the right leaders to deliver on that promise.  Time goes fast in Atlasia, and at the end of a momentous campaign for President comes a new campaign for our Commonwealth.  That is why today, I am formally announcing my bid for reelection.

So far in my third term (boy it feels weird saying that!), we've drastically reformed healthcare by banning for-profit exchanges and making prices more transparent.  We've reformed our criminal justice system, restoring voting rights to former felons. And with the help of my friend, Harry Truman, we improved our pretrial detention system to ensure equal justice for the accused.

We also became the first region to abolish toll roads!

And we kept our promise to farmers, establishing the new Frémont Department of Agriculture and restructuring our laws to be fair to small farmers by repealing policies that large corporations like Monsanto lobbied for so long.

Progress continues to be made in our great Commonwealth, and I'm so proud of what we've accomplished.  I hope you will join me as I seek a fourth consecutive term in August.

(Photo credit: Fortress America/Gawker)

Endorsements
Vice President Lumine
Congressman Razze
Deputy GM Sestak
Vice President-elect Jimmy
Lincoln Governor Peanut
Fremont Parliament Speaker YE
Fremont Senator Devout Centrist
MFP Virginia
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »

I should add that I very much look forward to engaging with my opponent - whomever he or she is, and I encourage people to run.  We're not North Korea.  We're not a one-party state.  And competitive elections are vital to the life of the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2019, 01:25:12 PM »

Strongly endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »

We also became the first, and so far only, region to abolish toll roads!

Lincoln would like to dispute that notion, thanks to "Griffin's Transportation Improvement Bill" Tongue

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=320994.msg6837474#msg6837474

Although Fremont was indeed the first region to abolish toll roads, and the Lincoln bill was pretty much following Fremont's lead.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Vice President!

We also became the first, and so far only, region to abolish toll roads!

Lincoln would like to dispute that notion, thanks to "Griffin's Transportation Improvement Bill" Tongue

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=320994.msg6837474#msg6837474

Although Fremont was indeed the first region to abolish toll roads, and the Lincoln bill was pretty much following Fremont's lead.

My apologies - the record has been corrected. Tongue
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »

Endorsed! You da best
Just Passion Through