Boisanaro to allow all Brazilians without criminal records to own firearms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:30:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Boisanaro to allow all Brazilians without criminal records to own firearms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boisanaro to allow all Brazilians without criminal records to own firearms  (Read 2034 times)
1978 New Wave skinny trousers
HenryWallaceVP
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »

A huge uptake in people owning firearms in a country whose social fabric is already being torn apart at the seams?

What could go wrong...

Also, Atlas "lefties" are so terrible on this issue. If you wanna be #populists, be populists on the backs of your own school kids. Don't strive for other countries to become shooting-infested nations like your country. It's not even funny seeing all of you cheer for this with the full knowledge that dozens of kids are dying every year in your country because of gun violence, with weak gun control being the only thing differentiating you from other countries and thus the probable cause for these deaths- it's disgusting.

There is a line of logic that goes something like -

I want to be populist to prove I am in in touch with the "white working class", so I need to be Socially Conservative. I don't want to be nasty to immigrants, cos that's racist; and I don't want to be nasty to LGBT people, cos that's homophobic - so how about guns and abortion? They don't affect me in any way whatsoever, so may as well have them as my token "Socially Conservative" issues, right?

I'm always surprised how many Dems here support gun rights so strongly. It's basically the equivalent of climate denial.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies