DRA 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  DRA 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DRA 2020  (Read 7426 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 01, 2019, 08:48:51 PM »

It seems to get glitchy the longer you use it. I kept having the currently drawn district erased when I let go of the mouse and it got worse and more frequent as I used it.

I was doing a Cube Root Rule Massachusetts and by the time I got to Essex, I had to throw in the towel.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:40:55 PM »

There are some issues with the Partisan data. PA is missing about 150,000 Clinton votes.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:38 PM »

They've made some changes to the program.  It could be that they weren't able to make the changes they wanted and maintain compatibility with existing maps,  The product is in beta and it's not ready for prime time yet.

Yea this is to be expected at this stage. I really hope it gets the bugs worked out of it and thus I am certainly willing to be patient while they work through this.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 12:51:22 AM »

I really dislike the changes to the graphical user interface of the program. I felt that 2.5 was actual perfection in the interface. I really wanted it to remain the same.

I thought Windows XP was perfection in terms of a graphical user interface, but Microsoft thought otherwise.

A big consideration has to be that the program is no longer using Silverlight,which is another Micro&oft product left for dead that no one is supporting. As a result there are a number of changes that are probably unavoidable, while some others are by choice.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies