Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Sept. 29 federal election ?
ÖVP

SPÖ

FPÖ

NEOS

NOW

Greens

KPÖ

Change

A regional party

Invalid/Blank

I wouldn't vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)  (Read 141902 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 03:12:08 AM »
« edited: January 28, 2019, 12:44:25 PM by Kalwejt »

Austrian opposition call on interior minister to step down

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.politico.eu/article/herbert-kickl-austrian-opposition-call-on-interior-minister-to-step-down

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-01/25/c_137774556.htm
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »

If NEOS had to choose between the red green alliance and an OVP-FPO coalition, who would they choose?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »

If NEOS had to choose between the red green alliance and an OVP-FPO coalition, who would they choose?

This is only a question for Vienna, because Austria-wide it is not relevant as ÖVP+FPÖ have a clear majority.

As for Vienna 2020, NEOS is still unsure about what to do - especially if they are kingmaker. Both SPÖ+Greens and FPÖVP would get around 44% right now in the polling.

NEOS has said they want to oust the SPÖ from the mayoral post in 2020 and would be willing to vote for an independent mayor instead (nominated by the ÖVP, but not the FPÖ).

NEOS would not enter a coalition with the FPÖ though, because their voter base would go nuts in such a case.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »

Tender, please refrain from posting more than about 20% of an article you're linking. You know Dave's policy on copyright.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »

Tender, please refrain from posting more than about 20% of an article you're linking. You know Dave's policy on copyright.

Usually I do, but sometimes I just copy the whole text.

You can then shorten it if you like. It's your job (again ?!?)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 01:06:21 PM »

Look, I'm sorry, but I must insist you show some restrain yourself. Dave's rules.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »

Look, I'm sorry, but I must insist you show some restrain yourself. Dave's rules.

This doesn't happen often anyway ...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »

I've just had to modify like six posts, so just saying.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »

It would be better if you are not modifying old posts. I guess you have something better to do in your free time. But I will look more carefully in the future.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »

It would be better if you are not modifying old posts. I guess you have something better to do in your free time. But I will look more carefully in the future.

Thank you.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2019, 02:34:26 PM »

The opposition (SPÖ, NEOS, Now) tried to remove Interior Minister Kickl (FPÖ) from office yesterday for the 6th or 7th time already with a no-confidence vote in parliament.

They failed of course, because ÖVP+FPÖ voted it down.

Kickl has come under fire lately because he wants to deport to Syria as well (which 3/4 Austrians support).

After the no-confidence vote failed, Kickl said that he'll continue his "work to keep Austrians safe from criminal asylum seekers".

https://diepresse.com/home/innenpolitik/5571506/Koalition-vertraut-Innenminister-Kickl

In other news, Austrian GDP went up by 2.7% last year - twice the growth rate of the EU.

This is interesting, because Germany's growth has come to a standstill and Italy has dropped into recession territory. Both countries are our most relevant business partners of course.

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/nachrichten/wirtschaft/oesterreich/1015482_Oesterreichs-Wirtschaft-waechst-konstant.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 06:36:15 AM »

The opposition (SPÖ, NEOS, Now) tried to remove Interior Minister Kickl (FPÖ) from office yesterday for the 6th or 7th time already with a no-confidence vote in parliament.

They failed of course, because ÖVP+FPÖ voted it down.

2 new polls show that Austrians are mixed to negative about FPÖ Interior Minister Kickl:

One poll shows that 40% want Kickl to step down, but 41% do not.

Another poll shows that 52% think that Kickl and his definition of the (asylum) law is "dangerous", whereas 31% say the recent debate about it is "overblown".

https://www.heute.at/politik/news/story/Wie-viele--sterreicher-sich-gegen-Herbert-Kickl-stellen-49289578
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »

Steiermark (Styria) is set to hold state elections next year during the fall, but there has been some talk recently that the ÖVP there wants to vote early (in the spring of 2020, or even in the fall of this year).

There's a new poll by Market out today in the "Standard" for those elections:

30% ÖVP (+1.5% compared with 2015)
27% SPÖ (-2.3%)
24% FPÖ (-2.8%)
  9% Greens (+2.3%)
  4% KPÖ (-0.2%)
  4% NEOS (+1.4%)
  1% Others

Voters strongly oppose early elections though: 72% say ÖVP-SPÖ should work until their term is over in late 2020, while only 14% want earlier elections.

56% say that Styria is heading in the right direction, while only 20% say that the state is moving in the wrong direction - which would explain the small changes in the poll compared with 2015.

The current government is ÖVP-SPÖ (in 2015, the SPÖ actually finished ahead of the ÖVP in the state election, but got screwed over in the coalition talks by the ÖVP and they gave up their claim for the Governor post).

https://derstandard.at/2000097462230/OeVP-dominiert-steirische-Politik-Neuwahlen-will-fast-niemand
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »

The not so important elections:

* Chamber for Workers and Employees (= union vote, January to April)

The first round of this union vote representing the 4 million workers in Austria was held over the past week or so in Tyrol, Salzburg and Vorarlberg.

Tyrol and Vorarlberg have already released their results.

It should be noted that those states are the only 2 among the 9 states where historically the ÖVP-aligned Unionists are dominant, whereas in the other states the SPÖ-aligned Unionists are dominant.

In both states, the ÖAAB/FCG lost ground a bit while the FSG gained slightly. Still, the ÖAAB/FCG won with 61.4% in Tyrol and with 47.3% in Vorarlberg (they lost their absolute majority though).

The results for Salzburg will be out tomorrow I guess (I didn't even vote in this one, because the FSG will win with around 70% anyway).

https://derstandard.at/2000097743505/Arbeiterkammer-Wahl-OeAABFCG-verliert-in-Vorarlberg-Absolute-FSG-legte-zu

Explanation about the Chamber of Labour
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 09:07:20 AM »

The election results for here in Salzburg are out:

FSG = SPÖ Unionists
FCG = ÖVP Unionists
FA = FPÖ Unionists
AUGE = Green Unionists
GLB = Left Block Unionists
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »

There are 2 additional polls out of Styria to the one I posted above (one conducted for the SPÖ and one for the Greens):

https://www.krone.at/1860459

Bottom line of those polls:

* The ÖVP is doing better than in the 2015 state election.
* The SPÖ is losing a bit, just like the FPÖ.
* The Greens are doing surprisingly well.
* NEOS might gain a seat for the first time next year.
* The Communists are losing a bit or seem to be stable.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:13 PM »

There's also a poll for the Vorarlberg state election in September (the only state election this year), commissioned by the "VN" newspaper and conducted between Dec. 27 and Jan. 10th:

ÖVP and NEOS would be stable compared with the 2014 state election, while the FPÖ and Greens would drop a bit. Considering that Vorarlberg is the Greens best state, their 12% right now are really good news for them. The SPÖ would also gain a bit.

Currently, there's a ÖVP-Green state government and based on the poll results, it could continue for another term.

Important: the poll was done during the Christmas holidays, which is a terrible time to do a poll. It was also done before the murder of a welfare employee in Vorarlberg last week by an illegal asylum seeker, which could benefit the FPÖ in the next months.

https://www.vol.at/sonntagsfrage-wie-wuerde-vorarlberg-jetzt-waehlen/6090919
rob in cal
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »

Would there be any pressure on the OVP Vorarlberg Party to join with the FPO in a coalition, as this is the federal model?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 12:39:04 PM »

Would there be any pressure on the OVP Vorarlberg Party to join with the FPO in a coalition, as this is the federal model?

Pressure maybe, but the Vorarlberg ÖVP Governor Wallner has already said he won't govern with the FPÖ and prefers the Greens instead.

After the Salzburg state election last year, Kurz also pressured the ÖVP-Governor Haslauer (who's even more popular than Kurz) to go with the FPÖ, but he dumped Kurz and the FPÖ and created a ÖVP-Green-NEOS state government instead.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »

Well this is happening...
Swiss Vet tries to re-establish noble naming rites
Will this issue be pushed by ÖVP and FPÖ to stick it to the freaks  and Turks in Vienna? I wonder, what are the possibilities that this will be a new calling cry for the EU elections for each party? What will the forum’s Austrian expert, Tender Branson, weigh in on this. Something articulate and informative, I presume?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »

Well this is happening...
Swiss Vet tries to re-establish noble naming rites
Will this issue be pushed by ÖVP and FPÖ to stick it to the freaks  and Turks in Vienna? I wonder, what are the possibilities that this will be a new calling cry for the EU elections for each party? What will the forum’s Austrian expert, Tender Branson, weigh in on this. Something articulate and informative, I presume?

First time I have heard about this thing and I cannot imagine that this will become an issue of some kind in the EU elections ... it's extremely meaningless after all.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2019, 02:08:02 AM »

In the latest "Profil" magazine poll, the FPÖ gains 4% (!) compared with last month.

That is probably either a reaction to the murder of a welfare agency worker by an illegal asylum seeker, or just a return to normal polling numbers after a few outlier polls. But I suspect it is the first one because of the outrageous nature of this killing. The illegal asylum seeker went into the office of the district welfare worker, shouted "Give me the welfare money ! I'm entitled to it !" and then stabbed the worker to death, showing no remorse to police afterwards.

32% ÖVP (-3)
26% SPÖ (-1)
25% FPÖ (+4)
  8% NEOS (n.c.)
  6% Greens (n.c.)
  1% Now (-1)
  2% Others (+1)

https://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OTS_20190216_OTS0004/profil-umfrage-fpoe-erholt-sich
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2019, 07:20:16 AM »

Another new poll by Demox Research (Feb. 5-8, n=1000) and appearing in the "Presse" newspaper today has different results:

34.0% ÖVP
27.0% SPÖ
22.0% FPÖ
  8.5% Greens
  5.0% Greens
  1.5% Now
  2.0% Others

By a 59-37 margin, voters approve of the ÖVP-FPÖ government.

https://diepresse.com/home/innenpolitik/5580266/Sonntagsfrage_OeVP-voran-FPOe-verliert-SPOe-stabil

But the Vorarlberg murder happened on Feb. 6, so the FPÖ-bump might not be visible in this poll yet.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2019, 10:08:42 AM »

I received my postal ballot for the March 10 Salzburg municipal elections yesterday.

I voted straight-ticket SPÖ, for both mayor and city council.

The mayoral post as well the 25-member city council are in ÖVP control, based on the '14 elections though: ÖVP 13 seats, SPÖ 8 seats, 2 seats Greens, 2 seats FPÖ.

I assume that not a lot will change and that the ÖVP will easily hold both the mayor and city council.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »

2 female FPÖ-candidates for upcoming elections with migrant background are making headlines, one positively for the party and one negatively for the party:

Vesna Schuster, the FPÖ's frontrunner in Lower Austria for the EU elections, has been heavily attacked by a Green unionist (also with a Serb migration background). He literally called her a "dumb farmers bi*ch". The union which he belongs to demanded his resignation.

https://www.noen.at/st-poelten/ak-noe-distanziert-sich-gruener-kammerrat-beschimpftfp-abgeordnete-wilhelmsburg-vesna-schuster-samir-kesetovic-fpoe-beschimpfungen-136062666

Here in Salzburg on the other hand, Canan Brenner (FPÖ, Turkish migration background), is hunting for votes in the upcoming municipal election - also by sending out SMS and Whatsapp messages in Turkish. The FPÖ doesn't like this of course.

https://www.krone.at/1861624
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies