Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:22:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Sept. 29 federal election ?
ÖVP

SPÖ

FPÖ

NEOS

NOW

Greens

KPÖ

Change

A regional party

Invalid/Blank

I wouldn't vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)  (Read 141953 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2019, 08:08:08 AM »

All happening today, just watching the end of the election results in Australia!

Tender thanks for all the updates and a question for you, why would Kurz hold off holding the election until Sep/Oct if he collapses the coalition, isn't that a bit risky?

Why not hold the election in late June or is that too tight a timetable under Austrian election law?

Vielen dank,

DC

Too tight.

The Austrian election calendar is ca. 80-90 days long (I would have to look it up) starting the day the parliament is dissolved and a new election is set.

So, the earliest date would be in August, if the parliament decides next week already to hold a new election.

But nobody would ever vote in August or early September because of the summer vacation for students. Only if students are back in school and the parents back home from vacation and that's in mid-September.
Omega21

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »

All happening today, just watching the end of the election results in Australia!

Tender thanks for all the updates and a question for you, why would Kurz hold off holding the election until Sep/Oct if he collapses the coalition, isn't that a bit risky?

Why not hold the election in late June or is that too tight a timetable under Austrian election law?

Vielen dank,

DC

Too tight.

The Austrian election calendar is ca. 80-90 days long (I would have to look it up) starting the day the parliament is dissolved and a new election is set.

So, the earliest date would be in August, if the parliament decides next week already to hold a new election.

But nobody would ever vote in August or early September because of the summer vacation for students. Only if students are back in school and the parents back home from vacation and that's in mid-September.

What is your personal hope, a continuation with Hofer or new elections?

I basically see any coalition breakdown only resulting in a new "emasculated" Kurz without all the good immigration/benefit cuts in favour of citizens/longtime residents, which I personally hold very dear to my heart (even though I'm a relatively new immigrant lol).
Double Carpet
Rookie
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »

Thanks Tender yes that makes sense - I bet he wishes it was Denmark where you can have a 3 week campaign!

What's your gut feel, will Kurz collapse the coalition and go for new elections or will he just have new FPO ministers and keep black-blue (or turquoise-blue?!) going?

Is OVP + Greens/Neos a realistic outcome of a Sep/Oct election?

Many thanks again,

DC
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2019, 08:14:47 AM »

Vielen dank,

DC

Too tight.

What is your personal hope, a continuation with Hofer or new elections?

I basically see any coalition breakdown only resulting in a new "emasculated" Kurz without all the good immigration/benefit cuts in favour of citizens/longtime residents, which I personally hold very dear to my heart (even though I'm a relatively new immigrant lol).

I wouldn't mind both a continuation of ÖVP-FPÖ under Hofer (because of their good work on immigration), but only under the terms I have previously posted - nor would I mind new elections in the fall (there is only the Vorarlberg state election this fall, an easy ÖVP-win) and later a new ÖVP-NEOS-(Green) government.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »

Thanks Tender yes that makes sense - I bet he wishes it was Denmark where you can have a 3 week campaign!

What's your gut feel, will Kurz collapse the coalition and go for new elections or will he just have new FPO ministers and keep black-blue (or turquoise-blue?!) going?

Is OVP + Greens/Neos a realistic outcome of a Sep/Oct election?

Many thanks again,

DC

A) after all, he will go for new elections after being convinced by the state Governors etc. that it is the best option for the ÖVP.

B) yes, it is realistic.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2019, 08:21:34 AM »

Meanwhile, with the Strache and Gudenus resignations today, Veronika Matiasek will become the new Vienna-leader of the FPÖ (state elections there are planned for next year, but the SPÖ there could take advantage of the situation as well and call early elections. After all, nobody knows that new FPÖ-woman and the FPÖ will start from scratch) ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »

Reports are that Kurz's press statement (now long overdue) is being pushed back further and further because FPÖ-Interior Minister Kickl is refusing to resign as well, as Kurz wants (to start over with the "new" FPÖ).

If Kickl refuses to resign in the coming hours, new elections are more and more likely. At some point Kurz will lose patience with Kickl I guess.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »

lölsterreich
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2019, 08:29:43 AM »

At least these developments are better than the last season of Game of Thrones ... Wink
Omega21

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2019, 08:30:55 AM »

Just resign Kickl goddamnit, I refuse to see new migration waves.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33:02 AM »

This day brought me up. Thanks FPÖ, you incompetents of the Western Europe right-wing scene.

Just resign Kickl goddamnit, I refuse to see new migration waves.

And what? Lose his perks early for party integrity? Nah, he’ll go crazy before his termination
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »

The FPÖ-scandal villa on Ibiza has been found on AirBnB.

I guess leftists all over Europe will see it as their new Mecca, but the price is 1.067€ per night !

Here, you can clearly see the cocaine lines on the table:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2019, 08:47:32 AM »

Going to barbecue now, will update you during the late evening ...
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »

Reports are that Kurz's press statement (now long overdue) is being pushed back further and further because FPÖ-Interior Minister Kickl is refusing to resign as well, as Kurz wants (to start over with the "new" FPÖ).

If Kickl refuses to resign in the coming hours, new elections are more and more likely. At some point Kurz will lose patience with Kickl I guess.

New FPO? I thought Strache was the new FPO. Somehow they keep snaking their way into government and embarrassing Austria. It's amazing that Kurtz would try to keep this clown car on the road.
Keep Calm and ...
OldEurope
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »

Kurz's press statement at 7.45pm
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2019, 10:09:54 AM »

I hope that Kurz will finally drain the swamp.

#TakeOutTheTrashDay
pilskonzept
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.67, S: -2.92

« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

I hope that Kurz will finally drain the swamp.

#TakeOutTheTrashDay

U kurcu, as they say in some countries that used to be part of Austria.

Isn't a coalition partner that can be blackmailed at any moment exactly what Kurz prefers?
Unimog
Namibia

Political Matrix
E: -3.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »

this are good news from Austria.

this story is really disgusting.

i hope the people of Austria (and other European countries as well) realize, what kind of people this FPÖ/afd/lega/fn… really are.
pilskonzept
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.67, S: -2.92

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2019, 11:03:44 AM »

i hope the people of Austria (and other European countries as well) realize, what kind of people this FPÖ/afd/lega/fn… really are.

People are fully aware of that fact.
Omega21

« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »

FPÖ and ÖVP circles saying New Elections are now a sure thing.
rob in cal
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »

and with new elections the question is, what if the results are fairly similar to the last ones?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2019, 11:32:43 AM »

It's one case, and those kind of #gates and all are not entirely a far-right phenomen. Centrists can do the same, i mean, and you'll find corrupt and fake politicians in every layer, and on every side of the political spectrum. It's sad, but it's the task to cleanse the world from those swamps as much as possible, at a continuous and rapid rate.
Omega21

« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »

and with new elections the question is, what if the results are fairly similar to the last ones?

As Tender said, Greens Neos and Kurz is most likely.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »

What kind of people are they? Do you believe Europe's mainstream parties are beacons of integrity? At least here in Germany there is a revolving door between parliament and various companies/lobbying groups.
Omega21

« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »

What kind of people are they? Do you believe Europe's mainstream parties are beacons of integrity? At least here in Germany there is a revolving door between parliament and various companies/lobbying groups.

Fully agree.

Not long ago, the SPÖ was caught employing a "dirty campaign architect", who was later arrested and charged with multiple offences, so not much better.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies