Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Sept. 29 federal election ?
ÖVP

SPÖ

FPÖ

NEOS

NOW

Greens

KPÖ

Change

A regional party

Invalid/Blank

I wouldn't vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 5.0 (Burgenland state election - January 26)  (Read 141928 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: November 01, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »

New Ö24 poll for Styria:

Conducted the past week.

The FPÖ is embarrassingly high at 21%, hopefully they drop to at least 15% after they were exposed as actual Nazis recently.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1376 on: November 01, 2019, 12:54:05 PM »

H.C. Strache yesterday:

Wink

Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1377 on: November 01, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »

Greens overtake the FPÖ for the first time in ~15 years nationally:

#MAGA
Omega21

« Reply #1378 on: November 01, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »

New Ö24 poll for Styria:

Conducted the past week.

The FPÖ is embarrassingly high at 21%, hopefully they drop to at least 15% after they were exposed as actual Nazis recently.

What happened? Surprise

Busy with upcoming exams so I didn't read as much as usual...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: November 02, 2019, 01:01:34 AM »

What happened? Surprise

Read more here.
Omega21

« Reply #1380 on: November 02, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »

What happened? Surprise

Read more here.

Thanks!

They should reroute my GIS Gebühr to you for providing so much info Tongue

This is definitely deeply disturbing, and I'm really disappointed in their unwillingness to clean up. Even though it would temporarily cause problems for the party, the only way they can become a serious party again is by taking stuff like this seriously.

If they don't, they will slowly become an Austrian AfD, even if their leader does not say the same foul things like Höcke.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: November 02, 2019, 10:02:41 AM »

What happened? Surprise

Read more here.

Thanks!

This is definitely deeply disturbing, and I'm really disappointed in their unwillingness to clean up. Even though it would temporarily cause problems for the party, the only way they can become a serious party again is by taking stuff like this seriously.

If they don't, they will slowly become an Austrian AfD, even if their leader does not say the same foul things like Höcke.

The FPÖ slowly becoming like the German AfD ?

LOL.

The FPÖ has already been like the German AfD, long before the German AfD even existed ...

The party has just been more effective during the past few years to hide their Nazi nature, but eventually they cannot hide what they really are.
Omega21

« Reply #1382 on: November 02, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »

What happened? Surprise

Read more here.

Thanks!

LOL.

The FPÖ has already been like the German AfD, long before the German AfD even existed ...

The party has just been more effective during the past few years to hide their Nazi nature, but eventually they cannot hide what they really are.

I mean, I really doubt Hofer is a Nazi...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: November 02, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »

What happened? Surprise

Read more here.

Thanks!

LOL.

I mean, I really doubt Hofer is a Nazi...

Maybe not, but his silence in this new songbook scandal speaks volumes.

In recent years he always talked about "zero tolerance" in such cases bla bla bla and now that he's in charge of the party ... he does nothing. Trying to sit things out. Tolerate it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1384 on: November 02, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »

Today:

Another marathon meeting between the ÖVP and Green delegations, followed by 2 more rounds on Tuesday and Friday, after which Kurz will announce official coalition talks with a party (almost 100% guaranteed that it will be the Greens).

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/politik/Poker-um-Tuerkis-Gruen-wird-dramatisch/404360738
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1385 on: November 03, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »

The other parties, the media, actors, writers etc. are putting more and more pressure on the FPÖ & Hofer to act in their new Nazi songbook scandal:

Source: APA/Krone

https://orf.at/stories/3142966

Today, the ÖVP called on Hofer to ask for Zanger's removal in parliament. Before that, all the other parties have asked him to resign or for Hofer to suspend him.

The head of the Jewish Community in Austria, Oskar Deutsch, has also called for the resignation of Hofer himself, which caused the FPÖ (Vilimsky) to attack Deutsch ("He wants to destroy the FPÖ.")
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: November 03, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »

BTW: good luck on those. Where and what are you studying ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: November 03, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »

A new OGM/Kurier poll shows that 42% of Austrians now prefer an ÖVP-Green coalition, with just 26% ÖVP-FPÖ and 16% ÖVP-SPÖ.

That's the highest support measured so far.

ÖVP voters only: 48% ÖVP-Greens, 33% ÖVP-FPÖ, 12% ÖVP-SPÖ.

Green voters only: 96% (!) ÖVP-Greens, 2% ÖVP-FPÖ.

SPÖ voters only: 54% ÖVP-SPÖ, 36% ÖVP-Greens, 3% ÖVP-FPÖ.

FPÖ voters only: 96% ÖVP-FPÖ, 1% ÖVP-SPÖ.

NEOS voters only: 59% ÖVP-Greens, 35% ÖVP-SPÖ, 3% ÖVP-SPÖ.

---

When it comes to coalition talks and topics between ÖVP-Greens, Austrian voters want Werner Kogler (Greens) to cave on immigration and balanced budgets, while voters want Kurz to give in on climate topics. Voters favour strong compromises on all other topics, such as healthcare, pensions etc.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: November 03, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »

ÖVP-Green coalition talks have come to a conclusion ... in Vorarlberg.

The coalition there will be renewed for another 5 years.

https://www.vol.at/vorarlberger-regierungsverhandlungen-offenbar-vor-abschluss/6409238
Omega21

« Reply #1389 on: November 03, 2019, 04:46:13 PM »

BTW: good luck on those. Where and what are you studying ?

Thanks man! Smiley

I am at Uni Wien, studying Economics.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed as well in Hofer's actions. I get he doesn't want any more internal disruptions, but people who are tied to such things should not be allowed a seat in any major party.

I'm also on board with the upcoming coalition now, the FPÖ needs to take things more seriously if they wish to govern again.

As long as everyone sticks to what they are good at, we will hopefully have a good Government. 
rob in cal
« Reply #1390 on: November 03, 2019, 11:11:07 PM »

So lets say an OVP Green government is formed and the Greens don't get many or any real concessions on immigration, but do on other issues like climate change, would the typical Green voter really care that much? It would be an intresting test case of what issue concerns drive the Green electorate.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: November 05, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »

The ÖVP-Green coalition has been approved by both party committees:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000110674169/oevp-und-gruene-einigen-sich-in-vorarlberg

Will be sworn in tomorrow.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: November 05, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »

After Vorarlberg has renewed its ÖVP-Green coalition today, there’s also movement on the federal level:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000110715525/tuerkis-und-gruen-drehen-vorletzte-sondierungsrunde

Today, ÖVP and Greens met again for a few hours and then Friday a last time.

Kurz told reporters that there could already be a decision on Friday night about a coalition and the Greens have set a party committee meeting for Sunday, where they will vote on Kurz and Koglers decision.

Official coalition talks should then start next week and a new government could be ready by Christmas or New Year.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1393 on: November 05, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »

So lets say an OVP Green government is formed and the Greens don't get many or any real concessions on immigration, but do on other issues like climate change, would the typical Green voter really care that much? It would be an intresting test case of what issue concerns drive the Green electorate.

The typical Green voter (like myself) is well aware that this government can only work with some compromise. The Greens should definitely give in on immigration and let the ÖVP continue the successful work of the ÖVP-FPÖ government before on that matter (just without all the Kickl-ish drama in the Interior Ministry and without being too harsh on young asylum seekers in an apprenticeship). After all, the ÖVP got 38% in the election and the Greens 14%. No reason for the Greens to make big demands here, like getting the Interior Ministry etc., while on the other hand, the ÖVP should definitely do something to enforce climate protection. The plastic bag ban with the FPÖ starting next year was a good first step, but it needs more than that: a carbon tax. But not with a new burden on working people, but by shifting the tax burden. Tax diesel fuel more, so that German border crossers are not filling up their cars any longer in the cheaper Austria and a reduction of emissions because of it, while paying back to the middle class the higher fuel prices with a general tax cut.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: November 06, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »

ÖVP-Greens 2.0 sworn in today in Vorarlberg.

Markus Wallner (3rd from left) was re-elected as Governor with 26/36 votes in the state parliament (ÖVP+Greens have 24 seats, so he got 2 additional votes from FPÖ, SPÖ or NEOS).

The new state government members (2x Greens on the left, 5x ÖVP on the right):

Source: ORF/Land Vorarlberg

https://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/3020445
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1395 on: November 07, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »

Today, „Krone“ and „Ö24“ newspapers speculated about possible cabinet posts in the coming Black-Green government, apparently based on some leaks coming out of the talks.

Depending on the final number of cabinet posts (between 12 and 18), the Greens will get between 3-5 ministries or posts (if there’s a state secretary again).

There’s probably a big re-shuffling of responsibilities coming: a super ministry for ecology, environmental protection, transport, traffic, infrastructure etc. could be created for the Greens.

Social/Labour would also go to the Greens, maybe even Defense.

The important Green mayor of Innsbruck, Willi, today demanded that the Greens get the Finance Ministry, but I guess the ÖVP will never give it to them ... (just like Interior).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: November 08, 2019, 12:23:55 AM »

Today, „Krone“ and „Ö24“ newspapers speculated about possible cabinet posts in the coming Black-Green government, apparently based on some leaks coming out of the talks.

Depending on the final number of cabinet posts (between 12 and 18), the Greens will get between 3-5 ministries or posts (if there’s a state secretary again).

There’s probably a big re-shuffling of responsibilities coming: a super ministry for ecology, environmental protection, transport, traffic, infrastructure etc. could be created for the Greens.

Social/Labour would also go to the Greens, maybe even Defense.

The important Green mayor of Innsbruck, Willi, today demanded that the Greens get the Finance Ministry, but I guess the ÖVP will never give it to them ... (just like Interior).

The "Standard" speculates that the Greens will get Environment/Infrastructure, Social/Labour and Education/Integration + 1 state secretary. Nobody really wants the chronically underfunded Defense Department, so that could stay with the ÖVP (even though it is currently actually led by the Independent but Green-affiliated Thomas Starlinger).

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000110800907/wer-unter-tuerkis-gruen-was-bekommen-koennte
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1397 on: November 08, 2019, 02:44:07 PM »

All exploration talks have concluded.

K&K just delivered a few very vague statements to the press, confirming that the Greens will decide Sunday afternoon in a committee meeting if coalition talks will be started with the ÖVP.

Kurz whined around how easy it was 2 years ago with the FPÖ and how quick the coalition was formed („we were almost identical issue-wise“) and lamented that the FPÖ took itself out of consideration.

Kurz will talk with a lot of important ÖVP-people during the next few days and decide after the Greens on Monday or Tuesday what he will do.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1398 on: November 09, 2019, 02:59:11 AM »

A couple interesting new polls, as we are heading towards a final decision for intense ÖVP-Green coalition talks in the next days:

The new Ö24 poll shows a largely stable picture, with the ÖVP far ahead and the Greens slightly ahead of the FPÖ.

ÖVP-Greens is the preferred coalition now, with ÖVP-FPÖ falling further.

In another ATV poll, 55% of Austrians support the expected in-depth coalition talks of ÖVP-Greens either very strongly or somewhat. 36% are very or somewhat opposed to ÖVP-Green coalition talks, with 9% undecided.

96% (!) of Green-voters support coalition talks with the ÖVP, as do 79% of NEOS-voters and 68% of SPÖ-voters.

Now the ÖVP-voters: 61% support, 33% oppose.

Which means that a third of the ÖVP's current 37-38% would NOT support a coalition with the Greens. Experts think that these 12-13% are the more conservative/nationalist/anti-immigrant FPÖ loan voters that Kurz attracted over the past few years.

Therefore he has to be very, very careful in the coalition talks with the Greens so as to not make any concessions to them on immigration/asylum.

FPÖ-voters of course are opposed to ÖVP-Green talks with 71% (which is kinda low, but there are probably many FPÖ-voters who think Kurz should try and fail ...)

Ö24 Poll

ATV Poll
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1399 on: November 10, 2019, 02:31:39 AM »

With 2 weeks until the Steiermark (Styria) state election, here's a "new" poll by IMAS for the "Kronen Zeitung":

It appeared today, but was already conducted between Oct. 16-29 and therefore before the Nazi songbook scandal of the FPÖ there ...

The ÖVP does a bit worse than in other polls and the SPÖ a bit better.

The poll also shows that the SPÖ's candidate is seen quite positively, unlike the party as a whole.

https://www.krone.at/2039107
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies