Is Trump a tankie? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:05:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Trump a tankie? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Trump a tankie?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Is Trump a tankie?  (Read 3898 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 04, 2019, 04:42:11 AM »

Two of his three wives are from former Eastern Bloc countries.
This is an ignorant statement and also incredibly xenophobic if advanced as an argument for Trump being pro-Soviet.

I can assure you that the Soviet Union got very little support from peoples connected to nations within the Soviet bloc, except for some Jewish families that brought proto-Bolshevik values with them. America got many Russian refugees hostile to Bolshevism.

Ferocious opposition to Communism is commonplace among Polish-Americans, the Slavic-Americans with which I have the most familiarity in view of living in a community that has many of them. If I lived in certain parts of Texas I would probably say the same of Czech-Americans, and if I lived in certain parts of Ohio I would say much the same about Hungarian-Americans (OK, they are not Slavs, but that is not the point).

The only Americans sympathetic to any officially-Marxist regime who have ethnic connections to a Commie state of the Cold War are Korean-Americans whom the People's Republic of China (PRC) has cultivated as allies. South Korea is a significant trading partner of the PRC, and Korean-Americans have plenty of commercial ties to the PRC.  Korean-Americans might be delighted if the People's Liberation Army (of the PRC) liberates North Korea in response to something that a state grossly-undemocratic state best described as an absolute monarchy that in no way represents any part of the Korean people does something really stupid, like launching a missile at the United States over Chinese airspace.

If you know anything about the DPRK, it makes China look like a free country by contrast!     
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies