KY-GOV: Bevin reportedly considering withdrawing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-GOV: Bevin reportedly considering withdrawing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: KY-GOV: Bevin reportedly considering withdrawing  (Read 6031 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2019, 07:41:11 PM »

The KY House is 63% Republican and the KY Senate is 71% Republican. Clearly whatever residual strength Democrats had outside their base there is rapidly dwindling.

And as clearly - without running candidates with crossover (far beyond "base") appeal Democrats can't win statewide. Exactly because this reason.

Kentucky is too far gone no matter who the Democrats run. It was a miracle they held on as long as they did, but their luck has finally run out.
Yeah, that's why Democrats picked up 8 seats in the state Senate this year that Trump won with 80%+. I really wouldn't be so confident, if I were you.

The same thing happened in Oklahoma, no?
no?we actually lost a ton of dixiecrat seats, iirc

I didn't follow them closely, but I remember a lot of people here jerking off to the fact that Democrats were winning lots of Trump landslide districts in Oklahoma special elections. This was also used as justification for why Edmondson could/would win.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »

I think the point is that dems actually picked up some super trumpy seats this year during Novembor in the kentucky state house.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »

I think the Democrats could take back the KY Governorship with the right candidate and the right campaign.  The Democrats in Kentucky, at a local level, are not as decimated as, say, the Democrats in West Virginia or Arkansas.

I also wonder if McConnell won't covertly help the Democrats in order to eliminate Bevin, who is clearly a rival, not just as a primary challenger, but as the top Republican in the State.  Normally, the Governor is at the top rung of Kentucky politics, but Kentucky's Senators have immense prominence right now, so the Governor isn't the leader of his party in the way past Governors have been. 

Bevin is much like Rick Scott; he's not real likable, but he is wealthy, can self-fund, and has a coherent record focused on a few issues that resonate with who they need to resonate with.  Scott, as well, was an underdog for re-election in 2014, and look at him now.  Bevin could lose, but he has more going for him than any Democrat right now when you factor in the advantages of being the incumbent.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »

Grimes not running for Governor or anything else.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2019, 04:13:38 PM »

Matt Bevin dropped Lt. Governor Jeanne Hampton in favor of State Senator Ralph Alvarado: https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article225085955.html
JMT

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2019, 11:18:56 PM »

I'm not too surprised to see Bevin is running again. For anyone more knowledgable of KY politics than me -- is there any reason Bevin decided to pick a new Lt Gov running mate this time?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »

Why?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2019, 02:51:29 AM »

Apparently he wants to mend relationships with the republicans in the state senate
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »

Inb4 IceSpear says "HES TRYING TO APPEAL TO MUH RACIST HICKS"
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »

Bevin continues to be an idiot.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »

lol . Picking a black women than a hispanic man. The dems might have a slight chance if they go after the hispanic man. They could atleast win Elliot then.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »

lol . Picking a black women than a hispanic man. The dems might have a slight chance if they go after the hispanic man. They could atleast win Elliot then.

What evidence is there that Elliot County is MORE racist than any other rural county in KY?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »

What evidence is there that Elliot County is MORE racist than any other rural county in KY?

The primary profession in Elliott is probably prison guard, I don't know if that makes them more or less racist than their neighbors.  Though EKY is filled with prisons.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2019, 11:10:01 AM »

The primary profession in Elliott is probably prison guard, I don't know if that makes them more or less racist than their neighbors.  Though EKY is filled with prisons.

Just saying, Elliott enjoys this pedestal of being a "Deplorable™" place on this forum, and it consistently receives more negative attention from lefties and independents than other rural Kentucky counties that have been Republican WAY longer and, you know, didn't vote for a Black man twice.  I find that completely nonsensical, LOL.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2019, 12:53:17 PM »

Just saying, Elliott enjoys this pedestal of being a "Deplorable™" place on this forum, and it consistently receives more negative attention from lefties and independents than other rural Kentucky counties that have been Republican WAY longer and, you know, didn't vote for a Black man twice.  I find that completely nonsensical, LOL.
I haven't seen this hate? But if your point is true, it is probably it is the most recent to snap away from dems, and lefties are still mad.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »

im not
Im just saying Elliot is the only coal county winnable
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »

Trying to keep the state warm with his hot takes.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2019, 05:34:02 PM »

https://youtu.be/qiGK3imYA8Q

When Al Roker calls you out, you know you done said something stupid
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length