FT 9-19: Carry On My Wayward Son Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:51:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 9-19: Carry On My Wayward Son Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 9-19: Carry On My Wayward Son Act (Passed)  (Read 911 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2019, 08:02:21 PM by Sinema-Hobbs-Hoffman-Trump Voter »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sponsor: Scott

24 hours to advocate
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »

Last month, the South passed an anti-Fremont poaching bill to attempt to lure residents out of our region and into theirs.  This bill responds in kind, with a slightly more generous tax credit.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »

This is in response to the South's bills which originates from weeks of higher than I'd like tensions due to attacks from them in regards to how the budget has been handled and escalated after an ASV joke.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:19:07 PM »

Pre-motioning (if that's a word) for a final vote once the 72 hour debate clock is up.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »

Shall we take this to a vote?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:41:44 AM »

I messaged him on Discord the other day to get the ball rolling and move the new legislation to the floor. It probably slipped through his mind.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 12:50:46 AM »

I'll take this to a vote.

I'd like to request a waiver, if at all possible, to the 24 hour waiting period on this.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:05 AM »

Motion to suspend the rules retroactively. 24 hours to object.

Unless there's an objection, in which the vote is cancelled, a vote can be opened now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

Aye.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 01:09:53 PM »

Nay
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »

Last month, the South passed an anti-Fremont poaching bill to attempt to lure residents out of our region and into theirs.  This bill responds in kind, with a slightly more generous tax credit.
The South's bill was not anti-Fremont, it was pro-Fremont citizens. I would happily support a repeal of our bill once Fremont gets it's affairs in order. Rather than focusing on this tick-for-tack legislation, I encourage you (and all of the Fremont government) to invest your time in creating a budget that puts the taxpayer's first instead of the Legislature's own interests.

See my full response:

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

Fremont is currently debating legislation that would give a tax break to citizens who move from The South to Fremont. Per FM YE:

This is in response to the South's bills which originates from weeks of higher than I'd like tensions due to attacks from them in regards to how the budget has been handled and escalated after an ASV joke.

I pointed out concerns with Fremont's budget process for months and was almost completely ignored. When I finally got a response from the FM, it was weak and lacked real facts. My statements regarding Fremont's budget is not an "attack" as Sensitive YE puts it - Fremont's budget still doesn't cover basic necessities, instead primarily covering its pet projects. They blame this on the lack of a GM office, yet they've put in no work from what I've seen to actually fix this. We now have a competent GM office as well as all of the information on state budgets currently out on the web. I know this for a fact because I am working now on reforming The South's budget.

Our bill was not an act of aggression towards Fremont, rather, it was offering a helping hand to the citizens of Fremont who have a regional government that has a tumultuous history and is not business friendly. I am very concerned for the citizens of Fremont. When the Fremont legislature finally seemed to realize this was an important issue, FM YE decided to punt it until 2020 (a long time in Atlasia!!).

I will happily support rescinding our bill once Fremont's government starts performing the basic functions it is intended to do. I am not concerned about the ramifications of the "Carry On My Wayward Son Act" because it will result in few, if any, Southern citizens moving to Fremont. The South will continue to strive to be the most business friendly region in Atlasia.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »

The South's bill was not anti-Fremont, it was pro-Fremont citizens. I would happily support a repeal of our bill once Fremont gets it's affairs in order. Rather than focusing on this tick-for-tack legislation, I encourage you (and all of the Fremont government) to invest your time in creating a budget that puts the taxpayer's first instead of the Legislature's own interests.

See my full response:

Statement from Governor Tmthforu94

Fremont is currently debating legislation that would give a tax break to citizens who move from The South to Fremont. Per FM YE:

I pointed out concerns with Fremont's budget process for months and was almost completely ignored. When I finally got a response from the FM, it was weak and lacked real facts. My statements regarding Fremont's budget is not an "attack" as Sensitive YE puts it - Fremont's budget still doesn't cover basic necessities, instead primarily covering its pet projects. They blame this on the lack of a GM office, yet they've put in no work from what I've seen to actually fix this. We now have a competent GM office as well as all of the information on state budgets currently out on the web. I know this for a fact because I am working now on reforming The South's budget.

Our bill was not an act of aggression towards Fremont, rather, it was offering a helping hand to the citizens of Fremont who have a regional government that has a tumultuous history and is not business friendly. I am very concerned for the citizens of Fremont. When the Fremont legislature finally seemed to realize this was an important issue, FM YE decided to punt it until 2020 (a long time in Atlasia!!).

I will happily support rescinding our bill once Fremont's government starts performing the basic functions it is intended to do. I am not concerned about the ramifications of the "Carry On My Wayward Son Act" because it will result in few, if any, Southern citizens moving to Fremont. The South will continue to strive to be the most business friendly region in Atlasia.

I've explained you the logic behind this region's current 2019FY proposal before last month but I'll do it again. A massive surplus came from the fact Fremont was barely functioning prior to the passage of this federal act in early 2017, and what few bills were passed that were related to fiscal matters were taxes. This is somewhat understandable IMO; it's hard to get a real budget together when you don't have activity and as such, it does not assume the region is responsible for services from the make believe states (which seems to greatly bother you). FY2019 at least attempts to keep things somewhat realistic as it keeps income taxes low for the non-millionaires and billionaires (and basically alienated the left when I tried to slash the carbon tax since it was believed - until an error was discovered - to be bringing in more money than the entire spending allocated) and reduces the burden on the common man but that didn't stop you from acting. Yes, Fremont will assume going forward a list of services from the states as already documented but considering it's January 10, and I wanted FY2019 budget done in September so especially with a new FM incoming in a week and a half and the legislative turnover dealt with this session, making radical changes now seems problematic. FY2020 isn't too far away either since I'd argue the budget process is something that needs to be factored in on a year around basis and should be asked anytime a spending bill is on the floor. I started planning the FY2019 budget internally as soon as I got into office last May even though it was something I planned to tackle in my second term and if my successor were to do the same in regards to FY2020, that'd allow amble time to introduce legislation regulating said services the region will be absorbing.

Nothing is stopping you from passing laws in your region encouraging Fremont individuals from moving there but keep in mind that we have the money to take action back.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

Aye
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada