Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 08:38:34 am
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (General) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Gustaf, Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Southern Legislation Introduction Thread - 2019  (Read 3640 times)
Sqad Member Omar
DeadPrez
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2019, 01:17:18 am »

Poor Tax Abolition Act - South

AN ACT
to stop robbing the poor to feed the rich

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Poor Tax Abolition Act." It may be cited as "PTAA."
ii. "Lottery" in this legislation shall refer to the practice of selling numbered tickets and awarding prizes to holders of numbers drawn at random, as well as to all other schemes wherein cards or tickets are sold and prizes are awarded to some holders.

Section 2 (Abolition of the lottery)
i. No state or other jurisdiction from the South shall operate or draw revenue from a lottery.
ii. All existing state and municipal lotteries are hereby disbanded.

Section 3 (Precluding complicity)
i. No revenue generated by a lottery shall be paid into the treasury of the South.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the Fiscal Year of 2020.
Young Texan
TexasConservative
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.88, S: -1.98

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2019, 09:19:55 pm »

Executive Order #15

Tea Party Hater is hereby appointed Senator for the Southern Region for the remainder of Senator Vern’s term effective immediately.

x Young Texan

For our regions sake, I ask this be put in the emergency slot so we get this done.
Southern Speaker Muaddib
Muaddib
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2019, 02:08:17 am »

Chamber of Delegates Voting Clarity Amendment

To provide greater clarity around what defines a passed and failed vote and how to handle a tie.

The following amendments to the Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

Section VI: Voting
1.) A vote passes or fails if it has a majority of votes in the chamber.

2.1.) Votes on legislation shall last for a maximum of 2 days (i.e. 48 hours).

3.2.) When a piece of legislation has enough votes to pass or fail, the office in control of the legislative slot shall announce that he or she will close the vote in 16 hours and that any Delegate who wishes to change his or her vote must do so during that interval. If all delegates have voted, the vote may be closed immediately.

4.3.) If a piece of legislation is vetoed by the Governor, the bill's sponsor may request an override of the veto within 3 days, i.e. 72 hours, of the veto taking place. The Speaker may extend this period if the bill's sponsor is on a publicly-declared leave of absence.

5.4.) For the purposes of overriding vetoes, any Delegate who abstains from voting shall be counted as a vote against overriding the veto.

6) In the event of a tie, a tie breaking vote can occur after a motion to tiebreak has been put forward by a delegate. A tiebreak vote will last no longer than 24 hours. If the vote is still tied the governor casts the deciding vote.

Southern Speaker Muaddib
Muaddib
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2019, 12:57:53 am »

For the Introduction to the 16th Chamber of Delegates

Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT)
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, water going vehicles used for the transportation goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has two month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay an additional registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur an additional registration fee of $2,400 annually.
Southern Delegate West_Midlander
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -0.35

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2019, 08:06:43 am »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 12:19:55 pm by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

The Southern Environmental Act (The SEA Act)
- Whereas human activity has a major impact on climate change.
- Whereas increasing global temperatures will lead to severe environmental deterioration, habitat destruction for animals, and a decrease in the quality of life for humans in coastal areas.
- Whereas non-renewables such as plastics emit harmful gases into the atmosphere upon burning.
- Whereas considerable amounts of recyclables are burned, end up in landfills, or are sent to other countries to the same effect.
- Whereas the large-scale consumption of meat, especially red meats such as beef and lamb, contributes to the methane emission crisis as well as to negative health effects in humans such as an increased amount of carcinogens and worsening heart health.

Be it resolved that:

Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting recycling.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Environmental Quality or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on December 1, 2019.

Article II
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting a lowered consumption of meat, especially beef, lamb, and other red meats.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Environmental Quality or equivalent.
Section III) Each state’s Department of Health and Human Services or equivalent shall work with that state’s Department of Environmental Quality or equivalent to compile information citing health and environmental benefits as a result of consuming less meat for use in the aforementioned advertisements.
Section IV) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section V) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article II shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section VI) Article II shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on December 1, 2019.

Article III
Section I) The Southern region shall not dispose of recyclable material by means of burning, disposal in landfills, or shipment to other regions or countries for the purpose of burning or disposal in landfills.
Section II) Article III shall take effect on January 1, 2020.

Article IV
Section I) The government of the Southern region shall end public contracts with corporations that continue to use plastic (including styrofoam) disposables, among them plastic straws, plastic cups, plastic bowls, plastic plates, styrofoam boxes, styrofoam trays, styrofoam containers, and plastic utensils.
Section II) Article IV shall take effect on May 1, 2020.
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:27 pm »

Whereas: “Right-to-work” laws across the South greatly reduce the ability of workers of all creeds from seeking and securing the rights of sufficient pay, a decent working environment, just amounts of vacation time, and sick and parental leave.

As a result: I hereby introduce this legislation to the Chamber of Delegates.

The LABORER’s Act of 2017
Article I — The long title of this bill shall be “The Laborer’s Assurance Bill Offering Registration and Entrance into Regional & Federal Labor Unions Act”. The bill may be referred to as “The LABORER’s Act” or “The LABORER Act”.
Article II — “Right-to-work” laws are hereby defined for the purposes of this legislation to be any law that prohibits contracts requiring union membership as a condition for employment, between unions and employers.
Article III — So called, “right-to-work” laws currently in effect anywhere under Southern jurisdiction are hereby invalidated.
Article IV — No state, locality, or another level of government under the jurisdiction of the Southern Region shall enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article V — The Southern Region shall not enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article VI — Articles I, II, IV, and V shall go into effect immediately after the approval of this legislation. Article III shall go into effect on May 1, 2020.
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2019, 12:11:59 pm »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 12:19:19 pm by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

The Universal Self-Determination Act (The USD Act)
- Whereas the People's Republic of China has not fulfilled the 1997 Handover Agreement in allowing Hong Kongers to elect all of their legislators rather than reserving seats for business interests.
- Whereas Hong Kong does not receive an option for self-determination.
- Whereas Hong Kong does not receive the right to choose its own executive.
- Whereas Hong Kongers are being stripped of civil liberties that all people deserve.
Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting the purchase of American-made goods and the deterrence of purchase of foreign-made, particularly Chinese-made goods.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Commerce or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on January 1, 2020.
Article II
It is the position of this chamber to object to the withdrawal of civil liberties, including the rights of public demonstration and assembly, of Hong Kongers by the government of that city, under undue influence from the People's Republic of China.
Article III
It is the position of this chamber to request that the People's Republic of China hold a status referendum in Hong Kong. This chamber also requests that such a referendum be legally binding if a majority of Hong Kong voters participate. This chamber requests that United Nations and Carter Center election observers be present to ensure a lack of voter intimidation in a completely free and fair referendum.
Article IV
It is also the request of this Chamber that the People's Republic of China honor the 1997 Handover agreement in allowing Hong Kong citizens to elect all of their legislators, as opposed to reserving a portion of seats for pro-PRC business interests. It is also the position of this chamber to request that the People's Republic of China (PRC) allow Hong Kong to elect its own executive without influence from the PRC. This chamber requests that Hong Kongers be able to determine their own future, even into 2047 and onward.
Article V
It is the position of this Chamber to request the Nyman government to enact a similar bill. It is the position of this Chamber to urge the Nyman government to seriously consider an end to CAFTA, most-favored-nation status with the PRC and the beginning of economic sanctions against the PRC due to the situation in Hong Kong.
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2019, 08:47:37 pm »

Standardizing Election Times Amendment
Section III, subsection 2 of the Constitution of the Southern Region is amended to read as follows:
2. The governor must be elected democratically by the people of The South. Elections are to be held every January, April, July and October February, June, and October for governor. The appropriate election administrator will open the voting booth at 12:00:00am EST of the penultimate Friday of the month and will close said booth the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm EST. The election administrator must accept any absentee ballot received no more than 168 hours prior to the opening of the polls.

Section IV, subsection 3 of the Constitution of the Southern Region is amended to read as follows:

3. Elections to the Southern Legislature shall take place once every January, April, July and October February, June, and October. The appropriate election administrator will open the voting booth at 12:00:00am EST of the penultimate Friday of the month, and will close said booth the following Sunday at 11:59:59pm EST. The election administrator must accept any absentee ballot received no more than one week prior to the opening of the polls.
Non-delegate (Federal Senator) Co-sponsor and Writer: MB
Sponsor: myself
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2019, 09:13:26 pm »
« Edited: November 07, 2019, 09:37:36 pm by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

The New! Cis Tax Act v. 2.0
1. The annual tax form will include a question, asking if the tax-filer is cisgender, with an explanation as to what cisgender means.
2. If the cisgender box is selected, an additional tax will be applied to that citizen's tax bill.
        a. The tax rate under the "cis tax" will have the following brackets:
                0.01% for annual incomes up to $28,000
                0.03% for annual incomes above $28,000 and up to $56,000
                0.05% for annual incomes above $56,000 and up to $112,000
                0.10% for annual incomes above $112,000 and up to $250,000
                0.50% for annual incomes above $250,000 and up to $1,000,000
                1.00% for annual incomes above $1,000,000 and up to $2,000,000
                2.00% for annual incomes above $2,000,000 and up to $1,000,000,000
                5.00% for annual incomes above $1,000,000,000
        b. The "cis tax" will be a progressive tax so only the portion of income exceeding the relevant threshold(s) (if any) will be taxed at the higher rate.
        c. The tax rates listed in Article 2, Section b will be applicable for total household income, whether married or single.
3. The funds accumulated from this additional tax--the "cis tax", if you will--will go toward providing hormone replacement therapy for non-cisgender Atlasians.
        a. The proceeds raised from this tax will be provided to the Southern Department of Health and Human Services in order to provide hormone replacement therapy to non-cisgender Southern citizens on a first-come-first-serve basis.
        b. Verification of gender dysphoria by one psychologist is necessary to apply for free hormone replacement therapy.
4. This act will take effect on May 1, 2020.

Non-delegate (Attorney General) co-sponsor: Peebs
Sponsor: myself

Author: Peebs
Co-Author: myself
PragmaticPopulist
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2019, 08:53:04 am »

Comprehensive Southern Electoral Act

Section 1. Repeals

1. The Southern Election Act is hereby repealed.
2. The Regional Election Department Act is hereby repealed.
3. The Electoral System Clarification Act is hereby repealed.

Section 2. Qualifications to Vote
1. The ballot of any Southern citizen who has not been registered to vote in a Southern state for at least 168 hours shall be rendered invalid, unless they were not previously registered in another region.
2. Should a ballot have been deleted by an Atlas forum moderator or administrator, the affected citizen shall be allowed to cast a replacement ballot.
3. Should 2 ballots have been accidentally cast within 5 minutes of each other, the affected citizen shall be allowed to delete one of the two.

Section 3. Election Secretary
1. The Southern Election Secretary will be appointed by the Governor.
2. If a Delegate requests a confirmation hearing for the nominee, the Speaker will be required to open one immediately. Otherwise, a Gubernatorial appointment is all that is necessary to become Southern Election Secretary.
3. All valid citizens of the South can become Southern Election Secretary, including the Governor themselves.
4. With approval from the Governor, the Southern Election Secretary can appoint a Deputy Southern Election Secretary, and transfer any Southern Election Secretary duties to the Deputy Southern Election Secretary. The Deputy Southern Election Secretary will have the same eligibility requirements and nomination procedure as the Southern Election Secretary, as detailed above.
5. It is the job of the Southern Election Secretary to administer elections under the South's jurisdiction, according to all relevant law. This includes opening the voting booth and delivering a certified count of valid votes.
6. If fifteen minutes has passed beyond the time a regionally-ran Southern election is scheduled to commence and the voting booth is yet to be opened, any member of the Southern government is allowed to open the new voting booth in the Southern Election Secretary's absence.
7. Should a candidate for office wish to appear on the ballot under something other than their permanent Atlas Forum username, the Southern Election Secretary shall accommodate that request unless it would confuse them with another user.
8. Should the federal Registrar General not keep a roll of Southern voters including their federal and regional party affiliation, the Southern Election Secretary shall fulfill that duty.

Section 4. Electoral System Clarification
1. The Election Administrator or someone authorized to act in their place shall determine a fair form of instant runoff voting (STV).
2. They must include information on which system will be used in the ballot details in the voting booth.
Author: MB
Southern Speaker Muaddib
Muaddib
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2019, 07:25:32 am »

Quote from: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing
Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting the purchase of South Atlasian made goods and the deterrence of purchase of foreign-made, particularly Chinese-made goods.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Commerce or equivalent.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on January 1, 2020.
Sponsors: Delegate Muaddib, Delegate West_Midlander
Southern Speaker Muaddib
Muaddib
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2019, 07:26:53 am »

Quote from: The Value of Self Determination Resolution
It is the position of this Chamber to urge the Federal government in Nyman to seriously consider an end to CAFTA, most-favored-nation status with the PRC and the beginning of economic sanctions against the PRC due to the situation in Hong Kong.
Sponsors: Delegate Muaddib, Delegate West_Midlander
West_Midlander
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2019, 04:15:39 pm »

Owners' Association Regulation Act

Be it enacted by the Southern Chamber of Delegates:

1.) An "owners' association" shall be defined as any private, non-governmental organization operating within a locality, subdivision, or neighborhood that manages homes and lots and regulates the activities of the owners of such lots.

2.) In any newly constructed residential subdivision, no new owners' association may be formed until all lots have been sold. Once all lots are sold, two-thirds of homeowners must vote to form an owners' association.

3.) Owners' associations may not regulate any portion of the property not directly visible from the street, or anything inside the house itself.

4.) Unless approved by the city or county in which it is situated, owners' associations may not fine homeowners any amount exceeding $10 for a single infraction.

5.) Owners' associations may not foreclose on any property for any reason, including unpaid fines or dues.

6.) Owners' associations may not prohibit freedom of speech, assembly, or expression within their jurisdiction.

7.) Homeowners shall reserve the right to opt-out of the owners' association, provided they give the association at least a thirty-days notice prior to withdrawing.
Author: MB
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies