Finnish parliamentary election – 14 April 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:55:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Finnish parliamentary election – 14 April 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finnish parliamentary election – 14 April 2019  (Read 19145 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: January 10, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »

I am guessing with the current polling probably some form of a grand coalition with parties on both sides of the spectrum.  Either Social Democratic Party or National Coalition Party is probably favoured although it does seem in Nordic Countries governing parties have a tendency to poll low in between elections than what they actually get.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:07:51 PM »

So this includes some of the e-day vote but excludes that 25% of the early vote that was not counted?
I don't think there's anything from today yet. When the election day votes do come, they will first come from small municipalities. So expect Centre to rise first before starting a steep decline later in the evening.

So with current results is SDP or KOK more likely to lead the government?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »

How close are they to forming a government and what parties are likely to be part of the coalition.  I presume the Social Democratic Party will supply the PM, but which other parties will be part of it.  I am guessing Greens will be maybe Left Alliance.  National Rally is possible for a more centrist one, but doubt Centre Party wants to be part of it and I think all parties promised to excluded Finns.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 12:06:03 PM »

Since I cannot read Finnish, what are some of the major points in the coalition document.  I would be interested on environment, social programs, taxes, immigration, debt/deficit, and European Union.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies