SB 9101: Consistency in Immigration Status Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 9101: Consistency in Immigration Status Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 9101: Consistency in Immigration Status Act  (Read 846 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People's House of Representatives
Passed in the House of Representatives 6-3-0-0

[/quote]

Sponsor: Needed
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:00:59 PM »

This needs a sponsor.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »

I shall sponsor.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 11:58:41 PM »

This doesn't apply to people who, for whatever reason, did not seek out the nonimmigrant visa - despite the fact that they were given amnesty in 2007 prior to the reset.

Also, for that matter, current law only applies to undocumented immigrants who have been in the country prior to 2004, as none who arrived after that point could have ever been in the "U.S." illegally.

US-Atlasian Origination Confusion: Now with a vengeance post reset.

There is a great deal of confusion regarding the shift from US To Atlasia, pre-reset. Partly because the game started out as a gov't for the members of Atlas, as opposed to a government of a distinct fictional universe that is a part of, but not inclusive of the whole Atlas community.

The Reset adds to the mess because we reset everything to US Status quo of 2016. So in essence this acts like the 2004 switch over never happened and that everything up until 2016 that happened to the US legislatively and legally speaking would have still applied. So from a legal standpoint, the US would have indeed existed in 2007 even though the game still dates back to 2004.

I guess it could be considered a retcon of the US back into existence for that period.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 12:16:18 AM »

The irony is if you go back in time, I stand out as one of the most vocal of the immigration restrictionists on the Forum and indeed it has shaped at lot of my political support for various candidates in real life, between say 2006 and 2014.

However, this is an ironic case of the real life situation going a little too far in the opposite direction. There used to be a group of people who supported was known as "Enforcement First" and I would have generally agreed with that category and at the time this was considered to be the "Conservative alternative" to the bipartisan supported Comprehensive approach. Overton window anyone?

In game, I have been more accepting of something along the lines of a comprehensive approach because it is assumed that stuff is generally by defacto being enforced though this could use a lot more exploration in game in terms of effectiveness of how bills are enforced and such forth but at the very least I am confident that big agra isn't walking into the department agency head's office with a brief case full of money in this game.

As such I am open to possibly supporting this as an improvement towards the provisions that were already accepted with the Come out of the Shadows Act. That being said I do have some questions about the state of things presently and though some of this might be beyond our ability to quickly ascertain I would be curious as to the level of progress made on things like Visa Entry-Exit system, which was contained in that bill.

Come out of the Shadows also moved us towards a more economic need based approach to visas and I would be interested to know how that is working as well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »

Oh yeah MAINEiac is the sponsor of this.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 02:04:43 PM »

Are there any other comments on this? Do we want to go to a final vote?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »

Just my desire for knowledge about the present state of things in terms of security/enforcement from the Come Out of the Shadows Act. I don't think I can support this without knowing those details.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 05:12:21 AM »

^There's probably some good reason to hold off until more details can be found then.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 02:52:47 AM »

Well all I will say is the presidential race was Sestak/me vs. YT/RC and now it's me/Jimmy vs. TMTH/Lumine since this was lasted commented on.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »

To get some progress here, I have contacted the GM team to do an analysis of Come out of the Shadows Act.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 04:25:10 AM »

I have been told that the GM request s being worked on, but it could be a while because of a backlog and other difficulties.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies