Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:14:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35
Poll
Question: Is she a good candidate?
Yes

No

HAHA LOL NO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 234

Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 37581 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »

She doesn't have much to lose by staying in the race, at least until the debates.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »

She doesn't have much to lose by staying in the race

Her House seat? Not that I'd complain.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »

She doesn't have much to lose by staying in the race

Her House seat? Not that I'd complain.

I seem to recall you saying that she was guaranteed to lose her seat last year.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2019, 05:50:47 PM »

Of course not.

Gabbard and Warren should keep taking from Bernie’s base. If anyone needs to drop out we need one of Harris or Booker to drop out so that they can sweep the south.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »

Of course not.

Gabbard and Warren should keep taking from Bernie’s base. If anyone needs to drop out we need one of Harris or Booker to drop out so that they can sweep the south.

Honestly the most amusing part of Sanders getting in has been watching the poor moderates lose ther collective minds.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2019, 11:35:26 PM »

The pro-dictator crowd needs someone to support; Omar doesn't seem to be running (yet).
Put up or shut up. No one is pro dictator, but it also isn’t America’s job to go around overthrowing sovereign governments.

The U.S. isn't overthrowing Maduro.

And what does "put up or shut up" mean, anyway? Cheesy
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2019, 12:26:37 AM »

The pro-dictator crowd needs someone to support; Omar doesn't seem to be running (yet).
Put up or shut up. No one is pro dictator, but it also isn’t America’s job to go around overthrowing sovereign governments.

Put up a favorable regime in all of the countries of Latin America or shut up the US border, I think.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2019, 12:51:38 AM »

Of course not.

Honestly the most amusing part of Sanders getting in has been watching the poor moderates lose ther collective minds.

Are you gonna enjoy being unable to vote for Bernie Sanders?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2019, 03:01:32 AM »

Of course not.

If I had to pick one to drop out it’d be Booker. He’s rather lackluster and inauthentic. I’m actually hoping this wave of Democratic candidates rejecting PAC money whittles the field down faster so we can coalesce the anti-Bernie vote as soon as possible.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2019, 03:15:56 AM »

Of course not.

Are you gonna enjoy being unable to vote for Bernie Sanders?

Ah yes. Can you, you know, come up with a substantive argument? If your logic about me not being able to comment on American politics is right, then that means, by extension, Americans shouldn't be allowed to comment on the politics of other nations.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:59 AM »

Why does this site hate Sanders so much? Given that most of the posters here are only marginally to the right of Chairman Mao, you'd think he'd be right up your alleys.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2019, 04:32:51 AM »

Why does this site hate Sanders so much? Given that most of the posters here are only marginally to the right of Chairman Mao, you'd think he'd be right up your alleys.

Mao was little different from a fascist in execution of government and elimination of control of labor from those the workers that should own it. No dictator can ever hope to achieve the ideals of the left as they require a solid democratic core to finally unite the worker with the benefit of their labor fully.

Or in other words, get better jokes. This one's used up.

As for my general shying away from Sanders this round:
-Kind of tone deaf on important issues (that Clinton was worse with last time so he got a pass on)
-Making the election about him, not us (he generally hasn't been supportive of voices that aren't able to directly help his electoral efforts)
-Questionable history regarding guns
-Coming into this election expecting to be the nominee because he was runner up last time (I have several reasons to dislike this 'my turn!' mentality both in terms of character and ability to run a competent general election campaign)
-He lacked the skills and qualities capable of overcoming the strategy challenged Clinton campaign last time, thus making it doubtful that he'll be able to have a campaign better this time than the one that lost to Trump last time. Aka: why should we trust you to not screw this up?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2019, 05:09:44 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 05:17:23 AM by Beto Bro »

He's trash.

-Bernie played up his wins in places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Kansas while implying Hillary's massive sweep of the South was tied to the Old Confederacy (weird considering black voters gave her those margins)
-Breached Hillary's data, complained about the consequences, victim blamed and made the DNC apologize to HIM
-When his campaign was mathematically eliminated after the NY primary he kept his campaign going under the pretense that he would convince the superdelegates to overturn the will of the people and give HIM the nomination
-Bernie took his time offering soft criticisms of surrogates and supporters who violently harassed Clinton supporters
-He showed his lack of knowledge of the legality of breaking up big banks (the centerpiece of his campaign) in the April 2016 interview with the NY Daily News
-Never released his tax returns, blamed it on his wife, never produced them, but used Hillary's tax returns to deride her record
-Bernie used campaign contributions to charter a private jet to take him and his family to the Vatican so he could bother the Pope in a hallway.
-Said he would run an issues based campaign but had a surrogate call Hillary Clinton a WHORE at a rally in Brooklyn and he himself insisted that she was UNQUALIFIED to be POTUS
-Minimizes violence of Trump supporters and ignores that class in this country has always been deeply tied to race
-Bernie claims he has always been consistent but gets defensive when reminded of his vote for the Crime Bill, his votes for shadow banking, his speaking well of Castro, his work to dump nuclear waste in a predominantly poor Hispanic community.

He is flawed as hell and while we have our favorites, I hope after Super Tuesday if he is left standing everyone drops out and allows whomever is best positioned to defeat him take him on one on one so we can unite the anti-Bernie vote. He is a nasty piece of work.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2019, 07:18:23 PM »

This forum can be so negative. Regardless if a candidate is electable or not, they should be able to debate if there's enough public interest in them, because they can inject their policies into the discourse and bring light to issues that would otherwise be uncovered.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »

If your logic about me not being able to comment on American politics is right, then that means, by extension, Americans shouldn't be allowed to comment on the politics of other nations.

Good deal. I’ll take it.

Now go talk about whatever pressing issues Australians face.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »

He's trash.

-Bernie played up his wins in places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Kansas while implying Hillary's massive sweep of the South was tied to the Old Confederacy (weird considering black voters gave her those margins)
-Breached Hillary's data, complained about the consequences, victim blamed and made the DNC apologize to HIM
-When his campaign was mathematically eliminated after the NY primary he kept his campaign going under the pretense that he would convince the superdelegates to overturn the will of the people and give HIM the nomination
-Bernie took his time offering soft criticisms of surrogates and supporters who violently harassed Clinton supporters
-He showed his lack of knowledge of the legality of breaking up big banks (the centerpiece of his campaign) in the April 2016 interview with the NY Daily News
-Never released his tax returns, blamed it on his wife, never produced them, but used Hillary's tax returns to deride her record
-Bernie used campaign contributions to charter a private jet to take him and his family to the Vatican so he could bother the Pope in a hallway.
-Said he would run an issues based campaign but had a surrogate call Hillary Clinton a WHORE at a rally in Brooklyn and he himself insisted that she was UNQUALIFIED to be POTUS
-Minimizes violence of Trump supporters and ignores that class in this country has always been deeply tied to race
-Bernie claims he has always been consistent but gets defensive when reminded of his vote for the Crime Bill, his votes for shadow banking, his speaking well of Castro, his work to dump nuclear waste in a predominantly poor Hispanic community.

He is flawed as hell and while we have our favorites, I hope after Super Tuesday if he is left standing everyone drops out and allows whomever is best positioned to defeat him take him on one on one so we can unite the anti-Bernie vote. He is a nasty piece of work.
Well said. I couldn't have said it any better.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »

Put up a favorable regime in all of the countries of Latin America or shut up the US border, I think.

Interesting idea. Who's currently unfavorable? I think just Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua, with Guatemala and Suriname leaning unfavorable.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: February 21, 2019, 11:15:32 PM »

In Iowa City stop, Hawaii presidential hopeful pitches legal marijuana, Medicare for all

I’m telling you all, Tulsi is the black horse in this race. She’s already differentiated herself from the other candidates starkly, one of the most critical elements in a race with so many voices and faces. I don’t necessarily expect her to win, but I expect her to do much better than most think.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #368 on: February 21, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »

In Iowa City stop, Hawaii presidential hopeful pitches legal marijuana, Medicare for all

I’m telling you all, Tulsi is the black horse in this race. She’s already differentiated herself from the other candidates starkly, one of the most critical elements in a race with so many voices and faces. I don’t necessarily expect her to win, but I expect her to do much better than most think.

*psssst* "Black horse" isn't an actual term.

I think you mean "dark horse," although I suppose "black sheep" would be more accurate.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2019, 11:31:55 PM »

*dark horse.

Anyways, she's not going anywhere lol. She's a terrible presidential candidate.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »

Every major candidate for the Democratic nomination supports those 2 things?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #371 on: February 21, 2019, 11:45:20 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 11:48:51 PM by iBizzBee »

And the Anti-Tulsi squad rolls in to let me know how Tulsi’s candidacy is doomed because of my typo. Why am I not surprised. And I’m obviously talking about her foreign policy ideas; though the hilarious part is how many members of the TDS (Tulsi Derangment Syndrome) goon squad use to insist Tulsi was a center-right moderate and Republican lite.

Tulsi is a woman of color and former veteran who bucked the DNC establishment to stand up for her ideals in 2016 and served multiple tours in the Middle East — even while serving in congress. The level of hate for her on here is absolutely astounding and boggles the mind.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #372 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

She's a veteran. So was John McCain. He sucked and I'm proud to have voted against him in 2008.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2019, 12:54:05 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

Ibizzbee is from lily white Oregon. Any woman darker than Macklemore is a woman of color in his eyes.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2019, 12:55:18 AM »

Ibizzbee is from lily white Oregon. Any woman darker than Macklemore is a woman of color in his eyes.

Oh look, you two always want to whitewash everyone. Tulsi is multiracial which in the U.S. makes you a minority.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies