Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35
Poll
Question: Is she a good candidate?
Yes

No

HAHA LOL NO

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 234

Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 37530 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:35 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

Ibizzbee is from lily white Oregon. Any woman darker than Macklemore is a woman of color in his eyes.

Oh look, you two always want to whitewash everyone. Tulsi is multiracial which in the U.S. makes you a minority.

Who cares what you think Beet. You’re like 5’5.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #376 on: February 22, 2019, 12:58:05 AM »

She's only a "woman of color" under some silly one drop rule (3/4 white) and who cares? Send that idpol nonsense back to Tumblr.

Ibizzbee is from lily white Oregon. Any woman darker than Macklemore is a woman of color in his eyes.

Oh look, you two always want to whitewash everyone. Tulsi is multiracial which in the U.S. makes you a minority.

LOL dude. I know you're invested in the Forum finding you clever, but copy pasting lines from older posters just reeks of desperation.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #377 on: February 22, 2019, 12:59:31 AM »

LOL dude. I know you're invested in the Forum finding you clever, but copy pasting lines from older posters just reeks of desperation.

Copy and paste from what other poster? You were the one who posted that you couldn’t get girls because you were 5’5 - not anyone else.

Own it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #378 on: February 22, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »

Copy and paste from what other poster? You were the one who posted that you couldn’t get girls because you were 5’5 - not anyone else.

Own it.

Lol that was like 10 years ago. I've gotten plenty of girls since then but I'm sorta asexual. Are you guys still circle jerking it over in IRC?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #379 on: February 22, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »

She's a veteran. So was John McCain. He sucked and I'm proud to have voted against him in 2008.
You are an insane person.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #380 on: February 22, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »

She's a veteran. So was John McCain. He sucked and I'm proud to have voted against him in 2008.

Would you have voted for McCain?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #381 on: February 22, 2019, 01:10:33 AM »

Well then if I vote for a "woman of color" it's going to be Elizabeth Warren.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #382 on: February 22, 2019, 01:11:41 AM »

Beet probably unironically thinks Warren is a woman of color since according to him, being 3/4 white still isn’t white enough to be white.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2019, 01:20:42 AM »

Beet probably unironically thinks Warren is a woman of color since according to him, being 3/4 white still isn’t white enough to be white.

I just don't know why you are so offended by iBizzBee's characterization of Tulsi as a woman of color. Her American Samoan ancestry can be recognized. You and BRTD have a pattern of doing this.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2019, 01:24:32 AM »

Why does this site hate Sanders so much? Given that most of the posters here are only marginally to the right of Chairman Mao, you'd think he'd be right up your alleys.
He's trash.

-Bernie played up his wins in places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Kansas while implying Hillary's massive sweep of the South was tied to the Old Confederacy (weird considering black voters gave her those margins)
-Breached Hillary's data, complained about the consequences, victim blamed and made the DNC apologize to HIM
-When his campaign was mathematically eliminated after the NY primary he kept his campaign going under the pretense that he would convince the superdelegates to overturn the will of the people and give HIM the nomination
-Bernie took his time offering soft criticisms of surrogates and supporters who violently harassed Clinton supporters
-He showed his lack of knowledge of the legality of breaking up big banks (the centerpiece of his campaign) in the April 2016 interview with the NY Daily News
-Never released his tax returns, blamed it on his wife, never produced them, but used Hillary's tax returns to deride her record
-Bernie used campaign contributions to charter a private jet to take him and his family to the Vatican so he could bother the Pope in a hallway.
-Said he would run an issues based campaign but had a surrogate call Hillary Clinton a WHORE at a rally in Brooklyn and he himself insisted that she was UNQUALIFIED to be POTUS
-Minimizes violence of Trump supporters and ignores that class in this country has always been deeply tied to race
-Bernie claims he has always been consistent but gets defensive when reminded of his vote for the Crime Bill, his votes for shadow banking, his speaking well of Castro, his work to dump nuclear waste in a predominantly poor Hispanic community.

He is flawed as hell and while we have our favorites, I hope after Super Tuesday if he is left standing everyone drops out and allows whomever is best positioned to defeat him take him on one on one so we can unite the anti-Bernie vote. He is a nasty piece of work.
Well said. I couldn't have said it any better.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #385 on: February 22, 2019, 01:25:05 AM »

I just don't know why you are so offended by iBizzBee's characterization of Tulsi as a woman of color. Her American Samoan ancestry can be recognized. You and BRTD have a pattern of doing this.

Therefore Elizabeth Warren’s full blooded Native American ancestor should characterize her as a woman of color.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2019, 01:30:20 AM »

Actually my biggest issue is the stupidity of the phrase "woman/person of color" to begin with, as if every single non-white person falls under the same label. And Tulsi Gabbard looks like a European tourist who got a slight tan visiting Hawaii (or anywhere else tropical.)
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #387 on: February 22, 2019, 01:44:18 AM »

I think they should just get rid of these categories altogether, and only record ethnicity if necessary. All they do is serve to divide. But with a name like Tulsi Gabbard, a "slight tan", a Hawaii constituency and Hindu sect religion, she's not going to be Ms. white bread Middle America Klobuchar #2.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2019, 01:48:09 AM »

So she endorsed Medicare for All and legal marijuana...like 90% of the field?

She doesn't have any intangibles that benefit her, besides her status as a veteran. She lacks skill at campaign organizing, which tends to happen when Congressional reps run for President. What, exactly, is her edge? Does she do outreach well? No. Does she have a loyal following? Not really. Has she proposed any specifics? No. Is she an iconoclast? I guess, but clearly not the one activists want.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2019, 01:53:08 AM »

So she endorsed Medicare for All and legal marijuana...like 90% of the field?

She doesn't have any intangibles that benefit her, besides her status as a veteran. She lacks skill at campaign organizing, which tends to happen when Congressional reps run for President. What, exactly, is her edge? Does she do outreach well? No. Does she have a loyal following? Not really. Has she proposed any specifics? No. Is she an iconoclast? I guess, but clearly not the one activists want.

Tulsi if you ask me has the most principled and clear foreign policy stance. At first I wondered whether she's just an Assad shill but she has been increasingly consistent. She even supports the Iran deal now. That suggests the most independence from the military industrial/foreign policy complex out of the field.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »

You're an insane person for arguing that Gabbard isn't a person of color.

1) Why even make the argument? Will this change anyone's mind about her? Are you just taking it as your personal goal to malign her in every way possible?

2) She is clearly a person of Pacific Islander descent. Is Obama not black by your standards?

3) Warren had a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother (?) who was Native American. Because nobody is dumb enough to believe this is in any way analogous, I will assume you are trolling.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2019, 02:39:40 AM »

Why does this site hate Sanders so much? Given that most of the posters here are only marginally to the right of Chairman Mao, you'd think he'd be right up your alleys.
He's trash.

-Bernie played up his wins in places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Kansas while implying Hillary's massive sweep of the South was tied to the Old Confederacy (weird considering black voters gave her those margins)
-Breached Hillary's data, complained about the consequences, victim blamed and made the DNC apologize to HIM
-When his campaign was mathematically eliminated after the NY primary he kept his campaign going under the pretense that he would convince the superdelegates to overturn the will of the people and give HIM the nomination
-Bernie took his time offering soft criticisms of surrogates and supporters who violently harassed Clinton supporters
-He showed his lack of knowledge of the legality of breaking up big banks (the centerpiece of his campaign) in the April 2016 interview with the NY Daily News
-Never released his tax returns, blamed it on his wife, never produced them, but used Hillary's tax returns to deride her record
-Bernie used campaign contributions to charter a private jet to take him and his family to the Vatican so he could bother the Pope in a hallway.
-Said he would run an issues based campaign but had a surrogate call Hillary Clinton a WHORE at a rally in Brooklyn and he himself insisted that she was UNQUALIFIED to be POTUS
-Minimizes violence of Trump supporters and ignores that class in this country has always been deeply tied to race
-Bernie claims he has always been consistent but gets defensive when reminded of his vote for the Crime Bill, his votes for shadow banking, his speaking well of Castro, his work to dump nuclear waste in a predominantly poor Hispanic community.

He is flawed as hell and while we have our favorites, I hope after Super Tuesday if he is left standing everyone drops out and allows whomever is best positioned to defeat him take him on one on one so we can unite the anti-Bernie vote. He is a nasty piece of work.
Well said. I couldn't have said it any better.

Then you're pretty lost.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2019, 07:20:12 AM »

Absolutely not. She is the only one running who is qualified. Bernie I like on some issues but he doesn't have foreign policy experience.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #393 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:19 AM »

she should give up. sure shes womenz and divercity but she has not paid her dues to the Democratic party and either way she would inevitably divide the party by taking a stance on issues voters dont know or care about.

remember when the divided primary of 2008 cost the Dems the election? Dems must stand united on subsidies for amazon and mindnumbing slogans otherwise defeat is all butt assured
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »

gabbard should not run. as a matter of fact...nobody should run unless dem establishment and its handlers approve. such geniuses that told hillary to not invest in WI but send monies to UT know best. either way..everyone ever divides the party
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #395 on: February 22, 2019, 08:51:38 AM »

Only an idiot drops out his early.

I'd say Ojeda fits the bill, but he was an idiot to run in the first place.
SInNYC

« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »

Actually my biggest issue is the stupidity of the phrase "woman/person of color" to begin with, as if every single non-white person falls under the same label. And Tulsi Gabbard looks like a European tourist who got a slight tan visiting Hawaii (or anywhere else tropical.)

If I had seen her on the street I would have guessed her to be Pakistani or Indian, though perhaps because there are way more Indians than Samoans on the streets.

...which is really weird considering she is Hindu. So I'm wondering how many voters will think she is Indian.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #397 on: February 22, 2019, 10:14:46 AM »

And Tulsi Gabbard looks like a European tourist who got a slight tan visiting Hawaii (or anywhere else tropical.)

She should go with the Jindal (and Nixon) slogan:

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2019, 10:58:09 AM »

You're an insane person for arguing that Gabbard isn't a person of color.

1) Why even make the argument? Will this change anyone's mind about her? Are you just taking it as your personal goal to malign her in every way possible?

2) She is clearly a person of Pacific Islander descent. Is Obama not black by your standards?

3) Warren had a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother (?) who was Native American. Because nobody is dumb enough to believe this is in any way analogous, I will assume you are trolling.

"Person of color" is not a phrase I use.

Obama is half of African descent. Gabbard is one quarter Pacific Islander. And it doesn't matter because that will never impact my vote.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »

Absolutely not. She is the only one running who is qualified. Bernie I like on some issues but he doesn't have foreign policy experience.

She's a 37 year old with 3 terms in the House. She's one of the least qualified candidates, other than people like Buttigieg.

Tulsi should drop out and try again in 2032. She would still be one of the younger candidates then probably.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies