2020 Candidates- did they tweet about the Holocaust Remembrance Day?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:03:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Candidates- did they tweet about the Holocaust Remembrance Day?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Candidates- did they tweet about the Holocaust Remembrance Day?  (Read 432 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:39:12 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2019, 02:54:24 AM by Parrotguy »

So, as an Israeli Jew who obviously finds this day (that we call "Yom Hashoah") important, I decided to make a quick research and see which 2020 candidates released a tweet about it, thus at least acknowledging it. This is a minor detail that shouldn't factor into one's calculations much, but I do think it's interesting to see who sees the Jewish community as important enough to make that minimal effort at the very least. I only checked twitter accounts (for congresspeople, both official congress accounts and personal campaign accounts) because it seems like the most important social media site for American politicians, but if any of them posted something in another social media site or spoke out publicly, feel free to correct me! So this is what I found:

Tweeted about Yom Hashoah:
Kamala Harris (personal account- one of two who only used the English name and didn't call it Yom Hashoah)
Elizabeth Warren(Senate account)
Pete Buttigieg
Amy Klobuchar (personal account- also didn't call it Yom Hashoah, but has a pinned tweet condemning antisemitic attacks)
Kirsten Gillibrand (Senate account)
Eric Swalwell (personal account)
Tim Ryan (House account)
John Delaney (personal account)

Didn't bother to release a tweet about Yom Hashoah:
Joe Biden
Bernie Sanders
Beto O'Rourke
Cory Booker
Michael Bennet
Andrew Yang
John Hickenlooper
Seth Moulton
Wayne Messam
Jay Inslee
Julián Castro
Tulsi Gabbard
Marianne Williamson
Steve Bullock

Donald Trump (couldn't find a public mention from this year either)
Bill Weld

Special place in hell:
Mike Gravel's kids (tweeted about Yom Hashoah- and made sure to mention modern American systematic racism and Israel's oppression of the Palestinians in the same tweet, I hope I don't have to explain how disrespectful and offensive this is)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 05:14:55 PM »

So, as an Israeli Jew who obviously finds this day (that we call "Yom Hashoah") important, I decided to make a quick research and see which 2020 candidates released a tweet about it, thus at least acknowledging it. This is a minor detail that shouldn't factor into one's calculations much, but I do think it's interesting to see who sees the Jewish community as important enough to make that minimal effort at the very least. I only checked twitter accounts (for congresspeople, both official congress accounts and personal campaign accounts) because it seems like the most important social media site for American politicians, but if any of them posted something in another social media site or spoke out publicly, feel free to correct me! So this is what I found:

Tweeted about Yom Hashoah:
Kamala Harris (personal account- one of two who only used the English name and didn't call it Yom Hashoah)
Elizabeth Warren(Senate account)
Pete Buttigieg
Amy Klobuchar (personal account- also didn't call it Yom Hashoah, but has a pinned tweet condemning antisemitic attacks)
Kirsten Gillibrand (Senate account)
Eric Swalwell (personal account)
Tim Ryan (House account)
John Delaney (personal account)

Didn't bother to release a tweet about Yom Hashoah:
Joe Biden
Bernie Sanders
Beto O'Rourke
Cory Booker
Michael Bennet
Andrew Yang
John Hickenlooper
Tim Ryan
Wayne Messam
Jay Inslee
Julián Castro
Tulsi Gabbard
Marianne Williamson
Steve Bullock

Donald Trump (couldn't find a public mention from this year either)
Bill Weld

Special place in hell:
Mike Gravel's kids (tweeted about Yom Hashoah- and made sure to mention modern American systematic racism and Israel's oppression of the Palestinians in the same tweet, I hope I don't have to explain how disrespectful and offensive this is)
The teens who manage Mike Gravel's account, are on Gloria La Riva level.

Not even Gabbard would do that, Sanders wouldn't do it as he is technically "jewish" and would make him lose voters.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »

Didn't we just have one of these a couple months ago?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:19:17 AM »

Didn't we just have one of these a couple months ago?

iirc International Holocaust Remembrance Day (observed in late January on the date the Red Army entered Auschwitz) honors victims of Nazi genocide in general while Yom HaShoah (observed in mid-spring and reckoned according to the Hebrew calendar) is specifically Jewish.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies