GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:10:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59033 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »

Someone good like Stacey Evans would have beaten Kemp. Still held the same numbers everywhere, but do better in the rural areas to barely make it over the top. Abrams is a toxic fit for rural GA, did worse than Hillary there, sad!

Sure, maybe she would have done ~5% better than Abrams in rural areas... and black, Hisapnic, and college educated white turnout would have plummeted too.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2019, 05:14:02 PM »

Abrams had damaged herself significantly first with her conspiratorial assertion that she actually won the election. And then by going so national in liberal circles and shedding any kind of bipartisan image she was trying to sell in '18. People also forget she carried quite a bit of baggage as a candidate I still don't think her financial issues didn't not end up mattering, may have turned off white college educateds.
She never said she won, what she meant was it was a moral victory. But considering who was running the Secretary of State's office there was a lot done ahead of time to tip the scales in his own favor.

Educateds is not a word. If you are going to talk down about someone you can at least use real words while doing it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2019, 06:14:23 PM »

Abrams had damaged herself significantly first with her conspiratorial assertion that she actually won the election. And then by going so national in liberal circles and shedding any kind of bipartisan image she was trying to sell in '18. People also forget she carried quite a bit of baggage as a candidate I still don't think her financial issues didn't not end up mattering, may have turned off white college educateds.
It was not a conspiracy. She has filed a federal lawsuit that lays out the case that there was rampant voter suppression that affected voters statewide. Enough voters that would have affected the outcome of the election I might add. Like she said in her speech ending her campaign she could have challenged the entire election but did not want an office if she had to scheme her way into it. When she says she won she means because she irrevocably changed Georgia's electorate (which she did).

White college educated voters swung hard to her so the rest of your post is false.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2019, 08:25:00 AM »

Tomlinson Officially IN:

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/politics-government/article229865689.html

Tilt R, Perdue 50-48 in runoff
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2019, 08:30:27 AM »

In the runoff, there are only two candidates. Perdue could win 51-49 there, but not 50-48, because there'd be no one to get the 2% of third-party votes.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »

In the runoff, there are only two candidates. Perdue could win 51-49 there, but not 50-48, because there'd be no one to get the 2% of third-party votes.

There is always the chance of blank/spoiled ballots, also using rounding
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2019, 10:14:30 AM »

Someone good like Stacey Evans would have beaten Kemp. Still held the same numbers everywhere, but do better in the rural areas to barely make it over the top. Abrams is a toxic fit for rural GA, did worse than Hillary there, sad!

Lol ok bro
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 07:41:59 AM »

In browsing the GA-SEN 2020 page on Wikipedia, I did find a March 2019 poll on the 2020 race, but it's a DSCC-sponsored poll, and they didn't test Purdue vs. Generic D or any combination of Tomlinson/Ossoff/Amico, but Generic R vs. Generic D: 42 D-40 R. Not horrible but I don't see that as very meaningful right now.

Purdue does have good net favorability (41/30, so +9,) but a lot of undecideds (29%). That does track with other polling specifically on Purdue's favorability or approval: liked but also kind of unknown.

They tested Trump favorability (46/52 for all voters, 37/51 among independents) but not approval.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »

There is always the chance of blank/spoiled ballots, also using rounding

There will be very few of these.  Overvotes for the same race are prevented by the voting machine, I believe.  And blank entries will be minimal with this being the major race (and possibly the only one) on a runoff ballot.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:28 PM »

It looks like Stacey Abrams is too busy deluding herself that she is actually governor of Georgia to run for this seat, Likely R
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2019, 05:18:33 PM »

I think we dodged a bullet with Abrams frankly.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »

You assemble a room of 20 black women and they will agree with exactly what she said. Brian Kemp with the help of Republican operatives in local county election offices cheated. I love how uncomfortable Abrams makes people who want to pretend that America is above tinkering with democracy as if black people and Native Americans weren't restricted from voting fifty damn years ago.

Anyway, this isn't Iowa. She doesn't need to tow a line so she doesn't scare away weak-kneed white people who have rose colored glasses on about voter suppression. She has a hefty 40% non-white electorate and progressive whites that she can turn out and a growing share of suburban whites. She has said nothing as incendiary as Donald Trump and everything she says can be backed up with facts.

We need fair elections in Georgia. Change only comes when we have uncomfortable conversations. 
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »

I hope the primary doesn't get too crowded. Tomlinson has been able to scoop up the good people and quite frankly the eventual nom needs to hoard as much cash as possible given this is very likely headed to a runoff
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2019, 09:31:12 PM »

I hope the primary doesn't get too crowded. Tomlinson has been able to scoop up the good people and quite frankly the eventual nom needs to hoard as much cash as possible given this is very likely headed to a runoff
If I were Amico or Ossoff I would just wait until 2022. If Trump is re-elected the dam will burst open in GA in 2022. If Trump loses, GA is inelastic enough to avoid DemPOTUS backlash and they will have Abrams on the ballot with them.

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »

You assemble a room of 20 black women and they will agree with exactly what she said. Brian Kemp with the help of Republican operatives in local county election offices cheated. I love how uncomfortable Abrams makes people who want to pretend that America is above tinkering with democracy as if black people and Native Americans weren't restricted from voting fifty damn years ago.

Anyway, this isn't Iowa. She doesn't need to tow a line so she doesn't scare away weak-kneed white people who have rose colored glasses on about voter suppression. She has a hefty 40% non-white electorate and progressive whites that she can turn out and a growing share of suburban whites. She has said nothing as incendiary as Donald Trump and everything she says can be backed up with facts.

We need fair elections in Georgia. Change only comes when we have uncomfortable conversations. 
This kind of delusion is unhealthy, there is no proof whatsoever that there were thousands of minority voters who were barred from voting during the 2018 election (in fact that election broke turnout records)

I don't even think Abrams is dumb enough to think she actually won, she is using this whole scheme as a way to raise money from some very gullible people (Just like the Florida recounts last year or Jill Stein's recounts in 2016)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »

This kind of delusion is unhealthy, there is no proof whatsoever that there were thousands of minority voters who were barred from voting during the 2018 election (in fact that election broke turnout records)

I don't even think Abrams is dumb enough to think she actually won, she is using this whole scheme as a way to raise money from some very gullible people (Just like the Florida recounts last year or Jill Stein's recounts in 2016)
So.... since I actually live here and was working the voter protection hotline on Election Day when power cords for the machines were missing at the blackest precincts in Gwinnett County causing four hour lines where people had to leave to go to work, where precincts in Fulton County where Abrams was running up the score with 95-99 percent of the vote ran out of provisional ballots so everyone who wanted one was told to go home, where Asian and Latino absentee ballots were rejected in Gwinnett County at 10x the rate of everyone else. I will believe MY EXPERIENCE before your narrative when you don’t even live here.

There are 6.4 million people on the rolls. 4.1 million of them voting doesn’t mean there wasn’t voter suppression.

Abrams saying she won is metaphorical. She irrevocably changed Georgia’s electorate. She recognizes Brian Kemp received a sufficient number of votes to become Governor. The election just wasn’t fair. It’s funny watching people who make excuses for every incendiary and heinous thing Trump says all of a sudden want to take everyone else’s words literally. Roll Eyes
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2019, 02:06:26 PM »

So.... since I actually live here and was working the voter protection hotline on Election Day when power cords for the machines were missing at the blackest precincts in Gwinnett County causing four hour lines where people had to leave to go to work, where precincts in Fulton County where Abrams was running up the score with 95-99 percent of the vote ran out of provisional ballots so everyone who wanted one was told to go home, where Asian and Latino absentee ballots were rejected in Gwinnett County at 10x the rate of everyone else. I will believe MY EXPERIENCE before your narrative when you don’t even live here.

There are 6.4 million people on the rolls. 4.1 million of them voting doesn’t mean there wasn’t voter suppression.

Abrams saying she won is metaphorical. She irrevocably changed Georgia’s electorate. She recognizes Brian Kemp received a sufficient number of votes to become Governor. The election just wasn’t fair. It’s funny watching people who make excuses for every incendiary and heinous thing Trump says all of a sudden want to take everyone else’s words literally. Roll Eyes
Jesus mad respect for this post I know we've had our disagreements in the past but that was amazing
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2019, 06:58:35 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2019, 07:08:26 AM by Lechasseur »

Anybody who watched her hilariously bad campaign in the primary knows this is patently false.

Does anyone think Jason Carter would have beaten Kemp here? I think he may have.

I agree Evans most likely wouldn't have though (and that Abrams was a stonger candidate than Evans).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2019, 02:24:29 PM »

Anybody who watched her hilariously bad campaign in the primary knows this is patently false.

Does anyone think Jason Carter would have beaten Kemp here? I think he may have.

I agree Evans most likely wouldn't have though (and that Abrams was a stonger candidate than Evans).

Ok maybe not Evans, but I think Barrow would have beaten Kemp.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2019, 07:11:08 PM »

Georgia senator says he's not worried about his state losing film business over abortion ban

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/us/georgia-senator-abortion-ban-film-business-trnd/index.html
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »

Right. Because the white people from California and the working class black people who benefit from the industry do not vote Republican. The GOP is garbage.

I mentioned in the other thread that I heard Tomlinson today. I definitely considered her the best of the "second tier" but she is really freaking good. A candidate on par with Stacey Abrams. She answered every question directly and didn't try to squirm out of anything. I'm all in.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »

Right. Because the white people from California and the working class black people who benefit from the industry do not vote Republican. The GOP is garbage.

I mentioned in the other thread that I heard Tomlinson today. I definitely considered her the best of the "second tier" but she is really freaking good. A candidate on par with Stacey Abrams. She answered every question directly and didn't try to squirm out of anything. I'm all in.
You think she can organize like Abrams?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »

You think she can organize like Abrams?
Don't know how she'll be received by the population at large but she is definitely emphasizing direct voter contact at the doors like Abrams did vs a barrage of tv ads leading up to the primary like Evans.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:42 PM »

Perdue definitely is open season for attack ad fodder. The man is a gaffe master 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »

Perdue definitely is open season for attack ad fodder. The man is a gaffe master 
Didn't he knock somebody's phone out of their hand or something? And lead a prayer asking for Obama's death and for his children to be homeless? Just ugh at the fact that at least 48 percent of our population will vote for this jackass no matter what.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies