GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class II Megathread (Perdue inc.)  (Read 59078 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »

Safe R, Dems are disadvantaged in run-off elections aside from LA, especiall Espy and Abrams
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2019, 07:49:12 AM »

This really just took the air out of the balloon for me for 2020. The Dems are not taking back the Senate and everything they will debate and nitpick about in the primary is useless because McConnell will block everything.

Thats odd, I remember scheduling the weekly "#Demsindisarray Panic" for this Friday.....
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2019, 08:50:14 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 08:56:06 AM by RussFeingoldWasRobbed »

Well this sucks. Now we're going to get some boring centrist.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:25 AM »

Who cares? No ratings change. Always has been Likely R, still is, and will remain dem fool's gold.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »

Looks like Teresa Tomlinson is running.

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »

It looks like Abrams is out:

Ugh. There goes a pick up opportunity.

Teresa Tomlinson is a perfectly fine candidate.

Agreed. Sad fact is, Abrams was going to get slimed with the "sore loser" thing, even though, IMO, it's totally unjustified. I only learned who Tomlinson was when I read her name here this morning, but from a quick Google Search, she seems inoffensive enough that Biden could pull her over the line if he's winning by a decent margin.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2019, 10:48:54 AM »

As long as Tomlinson knows how to campaign in the right places she has a good chance at winning. Just about every statewide race last year was close so it seems to me as if Democrats have built up a strong foundation to build upon moving forward.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2019, 10:57:29 AM »

While I’m disappointed that Abrams isn’t running, I think Tomlinson will be able to build off of the foundation the Abrams campaign built. There’s still a real race here, and Tomlinson has an opportunity to define herself and Perdue.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

Georgia is Lean R.

Isakson will probably retire in 2022, Abrams could win then, or run in a rematch against Kemp.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »

DEMS IN DISARRAIETUGRWF(YUEIUTYSFGVEOPF{RRRRRRRRYDHJVBCNM<<K>L:"
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »

Jason Carter needs to run.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2019, 06:37:10 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 06:40:46 PM by RFKFan68 »

This really just took the air out of the balloon for me for 2020. The Dems are not taking back the Senate and everything they will debate and nitpick about in the primary is useless because McConnell will block everything.

Thats odd, I remember scheduling the weekly "#Demsindisarray Panic" for this Friday.....
Can I be upset that my favorite politician isn't running for 24 hours? LOL. Tomlinson is fine but there is a massive gap in "quality" when we start talking about turning out low propensity voters of color. Money that would have been spent here if Abrams ran could be redirected to a NC or an IA. Anyway I hope Tomlinson has a massive field program on the ground a year before voting starts the way Stacey did. She didn't endorse in the Gubernatorial primary but she definitely was on Abrams's side when it came to how this state was going to flip vs the Evans/Roy Barnes/Max Cleland wing of the party.

Who cares? No ratings change. Always has been Likely R, still is, and will remain dem fool's gold.
Classic Atlas #analysis with nothing to substantiate such ridiculous claims.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2019, 08:21:42 PM »

Tomlinson will be a solid candidate. It may help with a significant number of rural voters that's she's Mayor of Columbus and not from the 'big city' Atlanta. You could run any generic D in Georgia and get 47%...the problem is the runoff (by which I mean avoiding it).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:09 PM »

I said this in the main Georgia thread that I thought Sarah Riggs Amico would join in with Abrams officially out.... she is going to tour GA for the next few weeks. Her initial pitch she clings to her run for Lt. Gov with Abrams.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2019, 09:05:38 PM »

I really don't think the calculus regarding difficulty or feasibility of Democrats winning this seat changes all that much, but I know many do not agree with me. Both Abrams and Perdue (in 2014) won a less-than-meaningless chunk of the same voters, but I think her choosing to focus on 2022-GOV is probably the best bet for both her personal ambition and that of the party's - rightfully or otherwise, she managed to polarize an already polarized state (despite 2.5x the turnout of the runoff, Abrams lost by the same # of raw votes as Barrow/Miller, meaning she turned out 1 voter to oppose her for every 1 voter she turned out to support her), and a repeat election right after her previous one would not lead to a more favorable outcome in my view; how often has the opposite been true?

Perdue will be hard to beat, but if so many on Atlas are right about "muh inevitable suburbron shifts", then it's really not going to matter who is running for Senate so long as they're competent, right?

Tomlinson is who I'm betting on for now.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2019, 09:06:14 AM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

[/quote]

She is a B- tier candidate that barely did better than Clinton (and somehow even worse than her in rural areas hahahaha) against an awful GOP opponent in a dem wave year in a state shifting towards dems in a non-incumbent setting. She's nothing special, and people were fools for giving her much attention in the first place. We are losing out on nothing by her not running. Her or Amico, or Tomlinson, or Holcomb, or any other chump would lose by 3-8 points

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »

She is a B- tier candidate that barely did better than Clinton (and somehow even worse than her in rural areas hahahaha) against an awful GOP opponent in a dem wave year in a state shifting towards dems in a non-incumbent setting. She's nothing special, and people were fools for giving her much attention in the first place. We are losing out on nothing by her not running. Her or Amico, or Tomlinson, or Holcomb, or any other chump would lose by 3-8 points
[/quote]

She did significantly better than Clinton, especially in the suburbs. Please don’t talk about things you know nothing about.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »

She did significantly better than Clinton, especially in the suburbs. Please don’t talk about things you know nothing about.
[/quote]

She did like 3-4 points better than Clinton in the state, and that was all in the suburbs, she did worse than Clinton in rural areas, pathetic! Absolute B- lister
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2019, 09:10:26 AM »

Someone good like Stacey Evans would have beaten Kemp. Still held the same numbers everywhere, but do better in the rural areas to barely make it over the top. Abrams is a toxic fit for rural GA, did worse than Hillary there, sad!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »

Someone good like Stacey Evans would have beaten Kemp. Still held the same numbers everywhere, but do better in the rural areas to barely make it over the top. Abrams is a toxic fit for rural GA, did worse than Hillary there, sad!

Anybody who watched her hilariously bad campaign in the primary knows this is patently false.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »

Anybody who watched her hilariously bad campaign in the primary knows this is patently false.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »

Ever heard of something called turnout?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »

Abrams had damaged herself significantly first with her conspiratorial assertion that she actually won the election. And then by going so national in liberal circles and shedding any kind of bipartisan image she was trying to sell in '18. People also forget she carried quite a bit of baggage as a candidate I still don't think her financial issues didn't not end up mattering, may have turned off white college educateds.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »

Abrams had damaged herself significantly first with her conspiratorial assertion that she actually won the election. And then by going so national in liberal circles and shedding any kind of bipartisan image she was trying to sell in '18. People also forget she carried quite a bit of baggage as a candidate I still don't think her financial issues didn't not end up mattering, may have turned off white college educateds.

Yeah, I dont think any of this stuff is really true. If voters dont factor in the longest government shutdown into their judgement 2 weeks after it ends, no one is going to remember that Abrams made "conspiratorial assertions" or "shed any kind of bipartisan image(?)".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies