Has Kansas actually moved left, or was it just Brownback blowback? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:10:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Has Kansas actually moved left, or was it just Brownback blowback? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has Kansas actually moved left, or was it just Brownback blowback?  (Read 4291 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 03, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »

Jesus Christ, the delusion in this thread is something. LA trended and swung left in 2012 and elected a Democratic Governor in 2015. Are we to believe that will become a blue state as well? Lol. Vermont trended hard right in 2016 and elected a Republican Governor so i guess that’s going back to its RINO roots

Delusion is everywhere on Atlas.

Well tbf to OP, the question was just if Kansas moved left. R+20 to R+15 still counts as moving left.

My guess is that it's a bit of both. Kansas is surprisingly suburban as others have said, so it's unsurprising that we are seeing a smaller version of the leftward trend in major metros. That said, the Denocrats had almost perfect timing in 2018. They got to follow an unpopular GOP governor in a very Dem friendly national environment. I expect to see a decent sized snap back to the right over the next several years as they won't have that perfect combination again anytime soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies