Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:36:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?  (Read 2184 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:02 AM »

Proposal: Let's just create a quarantine zone: a thread entitled "Greatest I Am's tedious bulls**t." Pin it at the top of this board and prohibit him from starting any new threads. He can post in it as much as he wants to and whatever masochists want to read this stuff can.
Roll Eyes
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »

I second that emotion. These people who criticize you are Bullies and snowflakes, as far as I'm concerned. They're also part of the very ugly vicious Borg collective. Resistance may be futile (or maybe not).
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »

"Can absurdities go farther than this?"
Robert Ingersol
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »

I second that emotion. These people who criticize you are Bullies and snowflakes, as far as I'm concerned. They're also part of the very ugly vicious Borg collective. Resistance may be futile (or maybe not).

Criticism, to me, that does not have a decent argument or apologetic attached to it is like water off a ducks back.

I know that when there is no decent rebuttal that I have done well.

Lurkers will see how Christians react to intelligent thought and will know what side they want to be on.

Regards
DL
I have said it before and I'll say it again the R&P has basically become a "Christians only" board. It has not always been so, there were some great discussions on this board before the Borg took it over. The stench of hatred here is intolerable, so it's best not to spend too much time here. Unfortunately this has always been the culture, and on perhaps 98.6% of the discussions on the internet as whole.
The best antidote for this is, for me, is meditation...

OOOMMM
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 01:09:58 PM »

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Albert Einstein
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »

Keep in mind if someone is offended by the truth, that's on them. A wise man once said nothing.
Once you open your month and state your opinions, you're likely to offend someone, because it challenges the fantasyworld in which they live.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go hell so that they'll actually enjoy the trip.

Consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS5nmy1v34c
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 01:52:19 PM »

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Albert Einstein

Childish, yes, but look at the damage to society that the adult children who believe these adult fairy tales have done to us.

That is why I post.

I think there may be just the one way to change their harmful thinking and unfortunately, I am not good at it.

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -- Thomas Jefferson

Let me add to your Ingersoll quote.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

Regards
DL

I don't want to put myself in the position of defending the moral character of Thomas Jefferson who like William Penn was a slave owner, but he did say some interesting things such as:

"If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it."
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »

tmc, what offends me about GIA is his uniform smugness and combativeness. He's demonstrated time and again that he is uninterested in dialogue or debate. The only thing he shows interest in is in provoking others to respond to him. He is predictable in his opinions and demonstrates no interest in the opinions of others. That's why I have that troll on ignore and suggest others do the same. What I don't get is why you think the bully is being bullied because people want the bully to go elsewhere.
Well, I could answer you in detail, but I don't think that he is a bully, as I never had a problem with how he responds to me, if I did I would ignore him, and that is the issue, if others like yourself chose to ignore him, I have no problem with that, but I enjoy interacting with him.
He does challenge the conventional wisdom here and I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.
It is important to challenge group think.

edit: also there are quite a few of us who think he enriches the dialogue here, not just me
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »

tmc, what offends me about GIA is his uniform smugness and combativeness. He's demonstrated time and again that he is uninterested in dialogue or debate. The only thing he shows interest in is in provoking others to respond to him. He is predictable in his opinions and demonstrates no interest in the opinions of others. That's why I have that troll on ignore and suggest others do the same. What I don't get is why you think the bully is being bullied because people want the bully to go elsewhere.

Correct that I care little for opinions and want to get apologetics and debates based on facts and not the garbage preaching based on the faith that fools/theist hade behind.

I get fed up with that garbage and let people know it.

Jordan Peterson
In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive

I sometimes wish I had my bully side under better control, but in order to be able to try to get non-thinkers to think, you have to risk being offensive and I do not mind taking the heat for being in a religionist's face, especially given the damage religions do with their homophobia and misogyny.

Regards
DL
Well, for those who have already made up their minds, for whatever reason, your not going  to be able to get them to change their minds. For those who haven't you may have a chance to get them to consider the pros and cons of what you believe. You may not be successful in convincing them, but at least, you will have given them new ideas to ponder.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 08:11:39 PM »

You may not be successful in convincing them, but at least, you will have given them new ideas to ponder.
Actually, he doesn't.  His presentation is such that I can't possibly take him or his ideas seriously.  It certainly isn't at all like that Paul made while in Athens. (Acts 17:16-34)
If people can't handle what he has to say, they don't have to post in his threads; but his threads get a lot of replies, some of which is the same old same old complaints about his posting style.
Also, he does post a lot of variety of ideas. I find his analysis and insights valuable. Also, you can call me biased because I agree with a great deal, although certainly not all, of what he has to say.
It seems to me, though, that if Christians here took their own religion more seriously, they would be a lot more tolerant towards him. Isn't that what Christianity is supposed to be about? In reality, Christianity is extremely sectarian and divisive, although more liberal Christians do sometimes support the interfaith movement, but you don't hear much about that here.

If Christianity is such a tolerant faith, would so many Christians have supported Donald Trump?
Also pacifism has never been a big part of Christianity, either.
He does repeat some things, but some things need to be repeated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies