Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2019, 12:48:20 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Petition to unban Greedo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Petition to unban Greedo  (Read 4086 times)
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:50 pm »

Why do you enablers want to turn this place into a bigger dumpster than it already is.
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2019, 07:41:08 pm »

It hasn't been a year. His last sock was at the end of Feb.
So, will he be considered for unbanning at the end of February?

I guess we could theoretically consider him, but I'm not sure if any of the moderators would actually be in favor of that.
And, not to be intrusive, but what is the caves process for unbanning people? How hard is it for someone with greedo's case to be unbanned?

A permaban does not get an automatic review. The banned poster has to make an appeal to the moderators who would consider a number of factors such as the time elapsed and the nature of the appeal.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 10:09:35 pm »

Just to add, this usually includes some sort of recognition and apology for the actions that lead to the ban in the first place. If Greedo is still denying the socks were his, that would hurt his case imo.
#Kavanaugh For Prison
Solid4096
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2019, 10:47:25 pm »

Just to add, this usually includes some sort of recognition and apology for the actions that lead to the ban in the first place. If Greedo is still denying the socks were his, that would hurt his case imo.

Personally, I would disagree with this.

In my opinion, it does not matter if someone continues to deny doing something that they were caught doing, and that they were punished for if they otherwise have been able to improve their behavior and learn to do the right thing overall.

Basically, Greedo has been much better behaved on discords related to atlas than he was on this forum when he was banned. He has clearly learned how to behave better. Small things like refusing to acknowledge a piece of the offense that got him into trouble is insignificant.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2019, 10:53:28 pm »

[...]

Still going to hurt his case tho
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.13

P P P
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2019, 01:30:35 am »

[...]

Shes right chief
also who cares this kids got an addiction to the internet or something cause of how obsessed he is with this form keep him out imo he needs to go outside and play sports or something
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 05:13:45 pm »

[...]

As well it should.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:21 pm »

ag, who wished my family harm on these pages, is only on a "voluntary ban".  He banned himself.

ProudModerate2 posted a photo of a talk show host hysterically laughing to mock a poster who had posted here that he has Aspergers.

These guys get to stay.  Is Greedo the same level of scumbag as these two?  I'm a tough sell on that point.
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 09:26:33 am »

ag, who wished my family harm on these pages, is only on a "voluntary ban".  He banned himself.

ProudModerate2 posted a photo of a talk show host hysterically laughing to mock a poster who had posted here that he has Aspergers.

These guys get to stay.  Is Greedo the same level of scumbag as these two?  I'm a tough sell on that point.

When Greedo was sanctioned for trolling and derailing threads, he created socks to avoid the sanctions. That's historically been a guaranteed way to be banned on this forum.
Fuzzy Bear
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 11:44:00 pm »

When Greedo was sanctioned for trolling and derailing threads, he created socks to avoid the sanctions. That's historically been a guaranteed way to be banned on this forum.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=sock+it+to+me+baby#id=1&vid=8725b39bec2ff9aa6331cb5cf9b83f54&action=click
Both Sides™
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2019, 04:31:38 am »

In my opinion, it does not matter if someone continues to deny doing something that they were caught doing, and that they were punished for if they otherwise have been able to improve their behavior and learn to do the right thing overall.

Basically, Greedo has been much better behaved on discords related to atlas than he was on this forum when he was banned. He has clearly learned how to behave better. Small things like refusing to acknowledge a piece of the offense that got him into trouble is insignificant.

Why the hell should we care about him "behaving better" on discords?
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 06:51:40 am »

"refusing to acknowledge a piece of the offense that got him into trouble is insignificant" is something only an unrepentant asshole would say.  (or an obstinate teen, but those people are assholes too)
Grassr00ts
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: 0.70

P P
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:16 pm »

As one who experienced his wrath more than once, absolutely not.
Elliot County Populist
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2019, 01:08:10 am »

uh wasn't audman permabanned for the same logic?
RoboWop
AMB1996
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2019, 01:31:57 am »

[...]

Regardless of my opinion of the individual case in question, this speaks to poor moderation.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2019, 07:52:11 am »

[...]

Regardless of my opinion of the individual case in question, this speaks to poor moderation.

Huh? The point is for the person to own up to the issues they created and pledge to avoid that in the future before they are considered for unbanning. How is that poor moderation?

And the post you quoted was regarding Solid. I was essentially saying what Solid thinks about that is irrelevant here, and it is.
Dom. Pol. Councilor Dwarven Dragon
Wulfric
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 1.22

P P P

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2019, 03:25:16 pm »

I guess we could theoretically consider him, but I'm not sure if any of the moderators would actually be in favor of that.
And, not to be intrusive, but what is the caves process for unbanning people? How hard is it for someone with greedo's case to be unbanned?

A permaban does not get an automatic review. The banned poster has to make an appeal to the moderators who would consider a number of factors such as the time elapsed and the nature of the appeal.

Is there a formal rule that you have to wait a year before appealing?
muon2
Modadmin
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2019, 04:25:21 pm »

Is there a formal rule that you have to wait a year before appealing?

There is no formal rule, but it has been used in many cases. Potential appellants have been told through back channels that they should wait at least a year. Exceptions have been made, though those have come with heightened scrutiny and greater likelihood of being rebanned upon future misbehavior.
Both Sides™
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2019, 04:31:08 pm »

uh wasn't audman permabanned for the same logic?

Audman was permabanned for his Atlas-related behavior on discords.
Wazza
Wazza1901
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -1.57

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2019, 04:44:56 am »

xWazza1901
Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative
S019
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 6.78

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2019, 06:21:57 pm »

NO
Bagel23
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

P P
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2019, 11:42:16 pm »

Petition to make this the official anthem of Greedoland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTuK7Br1jj8
Representative fhtagn
fhtagn
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.39, S: 0.70

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2019, 12:33:41 pm »

It seems a bit excessive to no longer allow Greedo to come back. He's been pretty well behaved for the last year, and his actions were nowhere near as bad as certain posters that have since come back, including their behavior off forum.

If he screws up, then ban him again. But there's literally no harm in letting him back in.
Yellowhammer
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2019, 05:00:06 pm »

X Yellowhammer
Dope and Diamonds
HillGoose
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.87, S: -5.83

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2019, 11:31:21 am »

It's totally wack to not give him a second chance. Like I think he will do good this time brah.

Tbh I don't even remember this guy but since we are discussing it that means he couldn't have been that bad right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies