Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:19:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school  (Read 7019 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
« edited: January 17, 2019, 07:54:24 AM by muon2 »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/16/karen-pence-christian-school-1104090

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Modified to conform to under 20% of article
 Copyright infringement
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »

Teaching at a school that wouldn't even admit Marlon Bundo? So much for family sticking together.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2019, 11:22:47 PM by TexasGurl »

If she was teaching at a school that allowed students/employees of all sexual orientations this wouldn't be an issue.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »

Part time art teacher at a bigot school... what a high achiever you are, mother.  You'd better give those rainbow paintings extra scrutiny!  Any people depicted on the same piece will surely have to have very rigid, strong wrists!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:01 PM »

Karen Pence's decision is fairly typical but another issue with this is the fact that schools exist at all that won't admit LGBTQA+ students. That is the most shameful thing of all.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »

Karen Pence's decision is fairly typical but another issue with this is the fact that schools exist at all that won't admit LGBTQA+ students. That is the most shameful thing of all.
That's not the issue here, either.  A gay student going to a school like this would be very bad for that student.  It's everything about it that is bad. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 08:51:10 PM »

That's not the issue here, either.  A gay student going to a school like this would be very bad for that student.  It's everything about it that is bad. 

Good point.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 11:14:16 PM »

Christian schools have every right to hold students and faculty to Biblical standards of conduct.  That's why they're in business.  I'm sure that if a student came to a Christian school and recruited for Stormfront, they'd be expelled, and that's within the perogative of a Christian school.  This school will not allow for homosexual behavior or advocacy of same.  That's their perogative. 

The legality of gay marriage may well be a settled issue for my lifetime, as the legality of abortion appears to be.  The acceptability and moral correctness of those issues is most certainly not settled, however.  At least not on Earth.  These issues ARE most certainly settled in Heaven, however, and certainly not in the manner of Supreme Court rulings. 

I'm not going to say that the Bible condones homosexual activity.  Because it doesn't.  Scripture says what it says, and if I'm dissonance in the Echo Chamber, so be it.   
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 11:32:29 PM »

Good point.

But Freedom of Religion! Freedom of Expression! Blah, blah, blah! Because, you know, those rights make it okay to limit everyone else's.

Folks. It's a matter of good and evil. It really is that simple, I'm sorry to say.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2019, 06:56:29 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

That's not the issue here, either.  A gay student going to a school like this would be very bad for that student.  It's everything about it that is bad.  

Good point.

But Freedom of Religion! Freedom of Expression! Blah, blah, blah! Because, you know, those rights make it okay to limit everyone else's.

Folks. It's a matter of good and evil. It really is that simple, I'm sorry to say.

People's Freedom of Expression is limited all the time.  And lawfully so.  People don't get to wear their Stormfront T-shirts to work on Casual Day, and rightfully so. 

No one is required to attend a religious public school.  One enrolls their kids in such a school with the understanding that is is what it is and the rules are what they are.  You don't get to go there and openly advocate behavior that is anti-Biblical.  This is true for church employment as well.

Echo Chamber threads like this aren't about honest discussion of issues.  They're about attempting to force people to outwardly conform to a viewpoint that millions do not accept, and cannot accept, for reasons that have to do with Scripture.  It's not enough for someone like me to refrain from discriminating in housing, employment, etc.  It won't be enough until I admit I'm wrong, and they're right, and, even then, a period of prescribed shaming will be in order.

So that's not going to happen, because I'm not going to say God is wrong.  I'm not going to say that the Bible is not the inerrant Word of God.  I'm not going to say the Bible means something very different than what it means, and I'm not going to buy into other points of view that require buying into all sorts of gyrations to come to their conclusion.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

Christian schools have every right to hold students and faculty to Biblical standards of conduct.  That's why they're in business.  I'm sure that if a student came to a Christian school and recruited for Stormfront, they'd be expelled, and that's within the perogative of a Christian school.  This school will not allow for homosexual behavior or advocacy of same.  That's their perogative. 

The legality of gay marriage may well be a settled issue for my lifetime, as the legality of abortion appears to be.  The acceptability and moral correctness of those issues is most certainly not settled, however.  At least not on Earth.  These issues ARE most certainly settled in Heaven, however, and certainly not in the manner of Supreme Court rulings. 

I'm not going to say that the Bible condones homosexual activity.  Because it doesn't.  Scripture says what it says, and if I'm dissonance in the Echo Chamber, so be it.   

Did we ever resolved that issue that the original translation of the Bible arguably states do not lie with male relatives any more than one would lie with female relatives, because both are an abomination? Or words to that effect at any rate?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:55 PM »

Did we ever resolved that issue that the original translation of the Bible arguably states do not lie with male relatives any more than one would lie with female relatives, because both are an abomination? Or words to that effect at any rate?
The original translations of the Levitical passages referred more to pagan sexual rituals involving men moreso than homosexuality outright.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »

There's a difference between being anti-SSM and wanting to stone the gays. Lefties support a certain group of people who want the latter. They even go so far as to demand increased immigration from that group.

and at the same time they bash Karen Pence. SMH
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:08 PM »

There's a difference between being anti-SSM and wanting to stone the gays. Lefties support a certain group of people who want the latter. They even go so far as to demand increased immigration from that group.

That's one hell of a stretch. It's a pretty pathetic testament to the right's views on the LGBTQA+ community that they think defending them from the mooslems is equivalent to guaranteeing their equality. It's a typical MO by the right in this country: "we can do whatever we want because we are defending the average American from people who are different from them."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 08:19:13 PM »

She couldn't get a job at one of DC's many public schools?

Or does Karen Pence just not think black children are as deserving of learning about art?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 09:20:02 PM »

The original translations of the Levitical passages referred more to pagan sexual rituals involving men moreso than homosexuality outright.

I don't know Hebrew (I know a little Greek), so maybe I'm wrong.  But how did every Christian and Jew get it wrong before the 20th century?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 09:21:14 PM »

I don't know Hebrew (I know a little Greek), so maybe I'm wrong.  But how did every Christian and Jew get it wrong before the 20th century?

The very very short story is that the mistranslation was made, iirc, around the 3rd or 4th Century ad, and everything else delved from that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »

Or does Karen Pence just not think black children are as deserving of learning about art?

Perhaps Karen Pence wishes to be part of bringing up children in the fear and admonition of the Lord, and not be part of infusing them with secular doctrines that have, as far as I am concerned, damaged the institution of the nuclear family to tragic levels.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 10:21:48 PM »

Perhaps Karen Pence wishes to be part of bringing up children in the fear and admonition of the Lord, and not be part of infusing them with secular doctrines that have, as far as I am concerned, damaged the institution of the nuclear family to tragic levels.

Ah yes, the nuclear family is what it is because we made the fatal error of providing public education to Those People.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 02:15:13 AM »

That's not the issue here, either.  A gay student going to a school like this would be very bad for that student.  It's everything about it that is bad.  

Good point.

People's Freedom of Expression is limited all the time.  And lawfully so.  People don't get to wear their Stormfront T-shirts to work on Casual Day, and rightfully so. 

No one is required to attend a religious public school.  One enrolls their kids in such a school with the understanding that is is what it is and the rules are what they are.  You don't get to go there and openly advocate behavior that is anti-Biblical.  This is true for church employment as well.

Echo Chamber threads like this aren't about honest discussion of issues.  They're about attempting to force people to outwardly conform to a viewpoint that millions do not accept, and cannot accept, for reasons that have to do with Scripture.  It's not enough for someone like me to refrain from discriminating in housing, employment, etc.  It won't be enough until I admit I'm wrong, and they're right, and, even then, a period of prescribed shaming will be in order.

So that's not going to happen, because I'm not going to say God is wrong.  I'm not going to say that the Bible is not the inerrant Word of God.  I'm not going to say the Bible means something very different than what it means, and I'm not going to buy into other points of view that require buying into all sorts of gyrations to come to their conclusion.  

God is wrong, and refusing to accept the dignity and worth of millions of fellow citizens "for reasons that have to do with Scripture" is ridiculous. Normatively speaking, I do think you should be forced out of these patterns that actively discriminate. Believe what you want, but you can't act on it if it's to the legitimate detriment of others. And I'm not sorry.

I am sorry, however, that you are so deluded to think it takes "gyrations" to accept, validate, and celebrate the contributions of queer people. It's sad, shameful, and wholly reflective of your shortcomings as a person.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 03:03:43 AM »

Why are you so certain about this? Such activities would not contradict a "biblical lifestyle". In fact depending on the interpretation of the Curse of Ham, they would be entirely in line with biblical teaching.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 07:11:47 AM »

Why are you so certain about this? Such activities would not contradict a "biblical lifestyle". In fact depending on the interpretation of the Curse of Ham, they would be entirely in line with biblical teaching.
Absolute nonsense.

I'm not going to comment on some extremist academy you might find in some obscure place, but 99% of Christian schools would not put up with this, nor would they consider this in line with Biblical teaching. 

Posts like this are pure propaganda, repeating a falsehood to where it will seem real to some who don't know better.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:20 AM »

Maybe how large portions of the church got justification wrong in the Middle Ages?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 08:10:48 AM »

American Muslims might not be as bad, but look at the ''refugees'' the Democrats and other progressive leftists all over the world want to bring in. Note the Palestinian support for Sharia law btw. These deplorables shouldn't ever get their country, Palestine would be just another sh**thole where women and gays will be oppressed.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 08:33:15 AM »

Maybe how large portions of the church got justification wrong in the Middle Ages?

But did the entire church on every continent get it wrong?  Because to me it just seems odd that Christians were only able to figure out the correct interpretation of the Biblical passages in question after secularists began to argue for gay rights. 

There were plenty of precursors to the Reformation, and the Reformers were inspired by the likes of Augustine, who lived over 1000 years earlier.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Based on what evidence?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies