Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Karen Pence returns to teaching at anti-LBGTQ school  (Read 7004 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2019, 01:29:14 AM »

I love how Atlas attracts so many New Atheists who support both capitalism and the identity politics of J Sakai.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2019, 01:57:06 AM »

I love how Atlas attracts so many New Atheists who support both capitalism and the identity politics of J Sakai.
You don’t know me or what I support. You can keep your lame comments.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2019, 02:14:42 AM »

She’s trash. I am so grateful I left behind religion and all of its toxicity. I refuse to debate FACTS with these religious zealot lunatics.

Posts like this lead me to believe that Stacey Abrams' loss was a good thing.  She's a candidate that I had hoped would win, but imagining her Administration being populated by folks with your worldview is hardly a comforting thought.
It’s very weird that you’re glad the Governor who would have expanded access to healthcare to 500,000 Georgians lost because of a random post on the Internet. I’m intrigued that I have so much power over you.

Your arrogance is your weakness.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2019, 05:46:45 AM »

Where are you getting that from anywhere in this thread?
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2019, 10:56:18 PM »

She’s trash. I am so grateful I left behind religion and all of its toxicity. I refuse to debate FACTS with these religious zealot lunatics.

Posts like this lead me to believe that Stacey Abrams' loss was a good thing.  She's a candidate that I had hoped would win, but imagining her Administration being populated by folks with your worldview is hardly a comforting thought.
It’s very weird that you’re glad the Governor who would have expanded access to healthcare to 500,000 Georgians lost because of a random post on the Internet. I’m intrigued that I have so much power over you.
I cannot believe that you consider that I, or persons like me, have legitimate issues that government ought to address.  I believe that because I present as a white, Christian, non-liberal (not always conservative, however), you would dismiss my petitions/grievances, regardless of the merits.  If you worked for Abrams, you'd filter the information to her.  If Abrams hired you, she'd know what you were about.

I judge candidates in part by their campaign help.  Those people are likely the people who will populate their administration.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2019, 11:28:55 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2019, 11:33:29 PM by Badger »

Posts like this lead me to believe that Stacey Abrams' loss was a good thing.  She's a candidate that I had hoped would win, but imagining her Administration being populated by folks with your worldview is hardly a comforting thought.
I cannot believe that you consider that I, or persons like me, have legitimate issues that government ought to address.  I believe that because I present as a white, Christian, non-liberal (not always conservative, however), you would dismiss my petitions/grievances, regardless of the merits.  If you worked for Abrams, you'd filter the information to her.  If Abrams hired you, she'd know what you were about.

I judge candidates in part by their campaign help.  Those people are likely the people who will populate their administration.

Come on fuzzy. Surely you would agree that it is unfair to judge a grubenatutorial candidate whose Statewide campaign had literally tens of thousands of campaign workers like RFK fan, that your disagreement with one of them it's a worthy basis to judge? I'm not taking sides in this dispute, but surely would agree this isn't like RFK was going to be in Abrams cabinet, or even I assume getting some third-tier internship if she won.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »

I cannot believe that you consider that I, or persons like me, have legitimate issues that government ought to address.  I believe that because I present as a white, Christian, non-liberal (not always conservative, however), you would dismiss my petitions/grievances, regardless of the merits.  If you worked for Abrams, you'd filter the information to her.  If Abrams hired you, she'd know what you were about.

I judge candidates in part by their campaign help.  Those people are likely the people who will populate their administration.

Come on fuzzy. Surely you would agree that it is unfair to judge a grubenatutorial candidate whose Statewide campaign had literally tens of thousands of campaign workers like RFK fan, that your disagreement with one of them it's a worthy basis to judge? I'm not taking sides in this dispute, but surely would agree this isn't like RFK was going to be in Abrams cabinet, or even I assume getting some third-tier internship if she won.

You would judge Trump by that standard. 

You just judged a whole group of school students by the hats that some of them wore, and supported lies and misrepresentations about their conduct.  Stacy Abrams can bear the baggage of RFKfan68.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2019, 01:04:12 AM »

You just judged a whole group of school students by the hats that some of them wore, and supported lies and misrepresentations about their conduct.  Stacy Abrams can bear the baggage of RFKfan68.

You are factually wrong on all three of your attempted points. First, I judge Trump by Trump. The fact that they were hurt people on this for who I consider absolute dipsh**tz would not keep me from supporting say Sanders or certain other Democrats just because they do as well.

Second, I'm really disappointed, and frankly a little offended that what you stated about my judging the Covington Clan kids and for what reasons. It's like you didn't read a single damn post I'm a on the subject even though I made the same points over and over and over and over and over again. When people say conservatives don't listen, responses like this tend to prove them right. I similarly judge them by their conduct, or rather misconduct, which I saw with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears, and nothing else. You are creating strawman just like when you claimed that there were people reluctant to criticize the Black Hebrew Israelites, when in fact those individuals simply do not just exist, either on the form, or is best I can tell elsewhere in the world.

Third, for the reasons stated above, judging a candidate for governor of the 12th largest state in the country are the statements of one of literally tens of thousands of campaign workers is ridiculous. Well that might make you justifiably think less of Abraham's on the whole the company you keep, making that a veto consideration for supporting her is, well, frankly the side of being triggered a little like RFK fan needled you about. You know that's silly.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2019, 01:40:22 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2019, 01:45:37 AM by Calthrina950 »

You just judged a whole group of school students by the hats that some of them wore, and supported lies and misrepresentations about their conduct.  Stacy Abrams can bear the baggage of RFKfan68.

You are factually wrong on all three of your attempted points. First, I judge Trump by Trump. The fact that they were hurt people on this for who I consider absolute dipsh**tz would not keep me from supporting say Sanders or certain other Democrats just because they do as well.

Second, I'm really disappointed, and frankly a little offended that what you stated about my judging the Covington Clan kids and for what reasons. It's like you didn't read a single damn post I'm a on the subject even though I made the same points over and over and over and over and over again. When people say conservatives don't listen, responses like this tend to prove them right. I similarly judge them by their conduct, or rather misconduct, which I saw with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears, and nothing else. You are creating strawman just like when you claimed that there were people reluctant to criticize the Black Hebrew Israelites, when in fact those individuals simply do not just exist, either on the form, or is best I can tell elsewhere in the world.

Third, for the reasons stated above, judging a candidate for governor of the 12th largest state in the country are the statements of one of literally tens of thousands of campaign workers is ridiculous. Well that might make you justifiably think less of Abraham's on the whole the company you keep, making that a veto consideration for supporting her is, well, frankly the side of being triggered a little like RFK fan needled you about. You know that's silly.

This entire paragraph defies reason. You jumped down upon those schoolboys as if they were equivalent to Hitler or the KKK, and pushed that continuously across dozens of posts, through some twenty pages of content. For you to claim now that you were treating the situation based only upon "what you saw", and not upon your own biases, is absurd. Hence, when someone says that you would judge Trump based upon similarly hypocritical standards, they are correct. Moreover, your claim that "conservatives don't listen" is also a falsehood. There are people on both ends of the ideological spectrum who are capable of engaging in orderly debate, and who can change their minds if they feel that they were wrong previously.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

You just judged a whole group of school students by the hats that some of them wore, and supported lies and misrepresentations about their conduct.  Stacy Abrams can bear the baggage of RFKfan68.

This entire paragraph defies reason. You jumped down upon those schoolboys as if they were equivalent to Hitler or the KKK, and pushed that continuously across dozens of posts, through some twenty pages of content. For you to claim now that you were treating the situation based only upon "what you saw", and not upon your own biases, is absurd. Hence, when someone says that you would judge Trump based upon similarly hypocritical standards, they are correct. Moreover, your claim that "conservatives don't listen" is also a falsehood. There are people on both ends of the ideological spectrum who are capable of engaging in orderly debate, and who can change their minds if they feel that they were wrong previously.

Um, no? Are you aware that literally everything you just typed is factually incorrect?

And for the record, my biggest objection has never been the racist students. It's with the grown adults adamantly defending Behavior they themselves at least should be old enough to recognize as unacceptable in society today, and rightly so.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 07:41:47 PM »

Posts like this lead me to believe that Stacey Abrams' loss was a good thing.  She's a candidate that I had hoped would win, but imagining her Administration being populated by folks with your worldview is hardly a comforting thought.
I cannot believe that you consider that I, or persons like me, have legitimate issues that government ought to address.  I believe that because I present as a white, Christian, non-liberal (not always conservative, however), you would dismiss my petitions/grievances, regardless of the merits.  If you worked for Abrams, you'd filter the information to her.  If Abrams hired you, she'd know what you were about.

I judge candidates in part by their campaign help.  Those people are likely the people who will populate their administration.

Um, no? Are you aware that literally everything you just typed is factually incorrect?

And for the record, my biggest objection has never been the racist students. It's with the grown adults adamantly defending Behavior they themselves at least should be old enough to recognize as unacceptable in society today, and rightly so.

Deny all that you want, but your words speak for themselves. And now you're deflecting by claiming the "adults" were at fault, when it was plain that you were bashing the students directly for their actions.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2019, 06:02:25 PM »

Deny all that you want, but your words speak for themselves. And now you're deflecting by claiming the "adults" were at fault, when it was plain that you were bashing the students directly for their actions.

Pretty evidence lacking post you just put there. So yes, my words do speak for themselves. Your complete inability to comprehend them outside of your own chronic narrative is you being you.

And let's make it clear. Of course I've always, and probably continue to condemned those racist misogynistic privileged little s**** for their protest misbehavior. However, I will be equally say that I am more bothered by adults acrostic right-wing Spectrum rally round idiot Boys in pure racial solidarity, and in doing so have a great family minimized where is an outright denied what it means to be racist.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »

Pretty evidence lacking post you just put there. So yes, my words do speak for themselves. Your complete inability to comprehend them outside of your own chronic narrative is you being you.

And let's make it clear. Of course I've always, and probably continue to condemned those racist misogynistic privileged little s**** for their protest misbehavior. However, I will be equally say that I am more bothered by adults acrostic right-wing Spectrum rally round idiot Boys in pure racial solidarity, and in doing so have a great family minimized where is an outright denied what it means to be racist.

So now you're blaming both the kids and the adults? That is something. And I perfectly understand what you have argued, and what you stand for. And your viewpoints are ones that I strongly disagree with. Moreover, why do you indulge so freely in the use of profanity? Is there no other way for you to articulate your thoughts, except to use foul language every other sentence? I would hope so.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »

So now you're blaming both the kids and the adults? That is something. And I perfectly understand what you have argued, and what you stand for. And your viewpoints are ones that I strongly disagree with. Moreover, why do you indulge so freely in the use of profanity? Is there no other way for you to articulate your thoughts, except to use foul language every other sentence? I would hope so.

His voice-to-text feature on his device is faulty.  I suggest he contact the manufacturer's rep.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »

Christian schools have every right to hold students and faculty to Biblical standards of conduct.  That's why they're in business.  I'm sure that if a student came to a Christian school and recruited for Stormfront, they'd be expelled, and that's within the perogative of a Christian school.  This school will not allow for homosexual behavior or advocacy of same.  That's their perogative. 

The legality of gay marriage may well be a settled issue for my lifetime, as the legality of abortion appears to be.  The acceptability and moral correctness of those issues is most certainly not settled, however.  At least not on Earth.  These issues ARE most certainly settled in Heaven, however, and certainly not in the manner of Supreme Court rulings. 

I'm not going to say that the Bible condones homosexual activity.  Because it doesn't.  Scripture says what it says, and if I'm dissonance in the Echo Chamber, so be it.   

... Please tell me someone else is going to say something about the comparison of homosexuality to white nationalism.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:49 AM »

His voice-to-text feature on his device is faulty.  I suggest he contact the manufacturer's rep.

The logic feature on your thinking device is faulty. I suggest you contact the manufacturer's rep.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »

Christian schools have every right to hold students and faculty to Biblical standards of conduct.  That's why they're in business.  I'm sure that if a student came to a Christian school and recruited for Stormfront, they'd be expelled, and that's within the perogative of a Christian school.  This school will not allow for homosexual behavior or advocacy of same.  That's their perogative. 

The legality of gay marriage may well be a settled issue for my lifetime, as the legality of abortion appears to be.  The acceptability and moral correctness of those issues is most certainly not settled, however.  At least not on Earth.  These issues ARE most certainly settled in Heaven, however, and certainly not in the manner of Supreme Court rulings. 

I'm not going to say that the Bible condones homosexual activity.  Because it doesn't.  Scripture says what it says, and if I'm dissonance in the Echo Chamber, so be it.   

... Please tell me someone else is going to say something about the comparison of homosexuality to white nationalism.
Why bother?  Be assured, however, that were you to compare Evangelical Christianity to white nationalism, he would report it straight away and it would likely be deleted by one of the Christian moderators.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »

Sodomy is forbidden in the Bible because it disturbs the digestive and excretioniary system, which is the source of one's feeling of being rooted in reality. When this system (referred to as the root chakra in Hinduism) is disturbed (whether because of indigestion or other means), one is much more open to manipulation by malicious spiritual and worldly forces. Thus homosexual and heterosexual sodomy are normalized by Hollywood and pornography, both of which exist primarily to manipulate the psyche of the masses.

All of this must be understood by both sides of the heteronormativity debate.

Are you alright?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2019, 04:14:18 PM »

It's honestly sad to see people condemning broad swaths of the population because of a fictional deity.

Much sadder to see complete and outright dismissal of the majority of the population's lived cultural experience with a handwave of superiority. Those people's lives matter significantly more than a tiny handful of radicals who proudly devote their lives to evil.
I edited my post, but now I'm tempted to change it back after seeing your homophobia.

Plenty of gay people are opposed to gay marriage or the gay lifestyle.

Nope. I have some gay friends who oppose all marriage, but that’s not the same.

There are a few people who deal with their same-sex desires by suppressing them or leading conversion therapy scams, and that’s their right, but let’s not call them “gay” people if that word is to have any meaning.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »

I'm not going to say that the Bible condones homosexual activity. Because it doesn't.  Scripture says what it says, and if I'm dissonance in the Echo Chamber, so be it.   

In 20-30 years, when your denomination sanctions gay marriage and even your particular church building performs them, you'll find some contrivance for how you were never actually wrong and the church isn't now either. Maybe a long string of paragraphs about how Muslims were always worse to the gays or something.

I know very little about Pentecostals, so I have no idea if there is a powerful pro-LGBT movement within that denomination.  However, I have little doubt that in 20-30 years Bible believing Christians will be very unpopular.  Anyone who still identifies as such won't care about social pressure at that point I think.

What is it with homophobes and thinking that  the only reason we want them to change is "social pressure"? It's because accepting LGBT people is the morally right thing to do, not because it's hip or trendy.

Being opposed to interracial marriage and relationships does not make people racists. A lot of this civil rights movement has to do with social pressure. It's not even known how many people ACTUALLY support interracial marriage. Many of the polls from various research centers show interracial  marriage support around 68%. I do not believe that support is that high. I think many of those opposed to interracial marriage are afraid to share their beliefs due to the hostile political environment we live in today. There is lots of hostility towards those who oppose interracial marriage. I have even received death threats. You all think that I am the intolerant one. Why do you care if somebody opposes interracial marriage? It's not your business! How does it effect you in anyway?

Edited your post for educational purposes. (And the irony of the last three sentences is epic.)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2019, 07:24:13 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

Sodomy is forbidden in the Bible because it disturbs the digestive and excretioniary system, which is the source of one's feeling of being rooted in reality. When this system (referred to as the root chakra in Hinduism) is disturbed (whether because of indigestion or other means), one is much more open to manipulation by malicious spiritual and worldly forces. Thus homosexual and heterosexual sodomy are normalized by Hollywood and pornography, both of which exist primarily to manipulate the psyche of the masses.

A lot going on in this post.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2019, 07:20:16 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2019, 07:24:08 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

It's honestly sad to see people condemning broad swaths of the population because of a fictional deity.

Much sadder to see complete and outright dismissal of the majority of the population's lived cultural experience with a handwave of superiority. Those people's lives matter significantly more than a tiny handful of radicals who proudly devote their lives to evil.
I edited my post, but now I'm tempted to change it back after seeing your homophobia.

Plenty of gay people are opposed to gay marriage or the gay lifestyle.

Nope. I have some gay friends who oppose all marriage, but that’s not the same.

There are a few people who deal with their same-sex desires by suppressing them or leading conversion therapy scams, and that’s their right, but let’s not call them “gay” people if that word is to have any meaning.

CountryClassSF (now CountryClassNH) and I are in close contact and leading a revolution for our people. And this revolution will make the institution of marriage so stronger, maybe stronger than ever before.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »

Color me surprised.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »

Are you alright?

You don't get it, do you?

I will say that this is one of the most awesomely cryptic efforts in the History of Atlas.

A-plus for effort.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:46 PM »

Are you alright?

You don't get it, do you?

I will say that this is one of the most awesomely cryptic efforts in the History of Atlas.

A-plus for effort.

Well explain then Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies