How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:31:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party?  (Read 3673 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: January 20, 2019, 05:11:54 AM »

Truth be told Drumpf coalition would probably be quite salient it if wasn't for his sleaze and Russiagate. We see that increasingly in Europe. It's a question of the messenger, not the message.

The Europeanization of the major parties has been the worst thing to happen to American politics.

The GOP was much better when it was the party of Neo-Liberal Conservatism than it is of European Style Populist Right Wingers

I fully agree.

But I don't know where it exactly goes long term. My concern is the Republican Party becomes some version of Fidesz in Hungary, which used to be a center-right conservative party supportive of international organizations etc. Now it has turned into a right-wing populist, nationalist and protectionist party that opposes immigration and suppresses voters and the press. On the other hand, I think the current Republican path is not sustainable due to demographics, because their voter coalition old, white angry men and a few super rich guys alà the Koch brothers won't get them elected nationally for decades to come. Maybe they learn their lessen after a series of defeats and become a more center-right party with streak of libertarism. Meanwhile, I hope the Democrats don't go too hard left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies