How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:52:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party?  (Read 3655 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 17, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »

One nation conservatism or Christian democracy could be incredibly successful nationally. I might actually even be tempted to vote for one of those Republicans.

The GOP won't adopt that unless it is forced to by a level of success that the Democratic party has not yet enjoyed since the Monroe era.

In the meantime, it can continue to be fairly successful with its combination of sucking up to the donor class, stoking racism and xenophobia, using its well-developed propaganda arms, appealing to white identity, exploiting the anti-majoritarian nature of the US constitution, and aggressively disenfranchising as many voters as possible.

So I don't really understand the point of this topic.  The GOP is doing just fine and doesn't need to rebrand or reinvent.  Maybe if Trump ends badly it'll take awhile to shake off the stink.  But I expect they'll bounce right back.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies