How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:52:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the GOP rebrand and reinvent nationally as a party?  (Read 3669 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« on: February 14, 2019, 09:08:35 PM »

-Moderate on social issues
-Embrace some sort of universal healthcare
-Tone down rhetoric to make up ground with Latinos and moderate college educated white people
-Become more secular
-Believe in science
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 06:38:25 PM »

It won't occur through these arbitrary impositions. It will occur via the path of least resistance made possible via a group alienated from the other party.

Yes. And the path of least resistance is clearly just doing Trump 2.0, but with lots of pandering towards Latinos. Keep Trump-like stances on foreign policy and trade and deficits and policing, but moderate on immigration.

It's probably the inevitable outcome since I think moderate Latinos are the lowest-hanging fruit in the Democratic coalition for Republicans.

Agreed. I definitely see the GOP in the next twenty years or so being able to make up significant ground with Latinos. They’re more rural and less college educated than Asians and without the shared history of AAs. So on paper I think they’re the most likely non white group to inevitably become more Republican.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:32:05 PM »

It's very strange to reinvent a party that isn't broken, especially since the party was essentially overhauled in 2016. I think this conversation is 3-4 years too late, as the GOP already shook up it's hard line against gay marriage, unwavering support for free trade, and it's wishy-washy policy on immigration. 

Their first election post “reinvention” they lost 40 seats with a good economy, no pressing emergencies , and a gerrymandered to hell house.  They should have never lost as many seats as they did. I mean there’s certainly something to be said about Ryan being a dumbass and putting up the repeal bill so many times when it wasn’t going to pass the senate and making the tax bill disproportionately hurt blue states but the real problem is Trump. He’s actively pushing places that were long term trending D like AZ, GA, and TX out of reach faster. Without those states there’s just not a path for the GOP to win the presidency in the near term
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies