Why is Corbyn still leading Labour? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:39:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Why is Corbyn still leading Labour? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Corbyn still leading Labour?  (Read 2618 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:48 PM »

Because Labour voters like him. It's not rocket science.

Look, I'm deeply conflicted on the guy myself, but the establishment dismisses his political talent at its own peril.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:25:19 AM »

There was no way the Conservatives were going to lose the confidence vote this week. They have a confidence and supply deal with the DUP. Any Tory that broke ranks would have been expelled from the Party!

Secondly, Corbyn’s popularity has very much depended on the time and circumstance. He is a solid campaigner, and his popularity tends to swing upward during election season. Now it’s sagged quite a bit, but let me leave you with a little historical insight: Labor enjoyed massive leads over the Tory Party in 1990 and 1991. Thatcher’s exit as Prime Minister caused the Conservatives to gain a bit of ground, but they still trailed overall.

Then came the General Election. The exit poll projected Labour to be the largest party. Instead, the Tories secured a majority of 22. I ask you, did any of those double digit leads actually mean anything?

I'm not usually an "ignore all the polls" guy, but British polls are sh*t. So no, obviously Labour's current leads don't mean very much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies