The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:56:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35780 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 11, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »

Aw...thanks for playing!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #326 on: March 11, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »

Thanks for playing Stacey, you were a good candidate.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #327 on: March 11, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »

Governor Abrams Statement

Good evening, America! It is wonderful to be here with you tonight, even if I have to bear some news some of us won't like to hear.

I entered this campaign full of enthusiasm at the movement we were building. I still know that we are great and that we can prove that, together, we can do the impossible.

However, I've thought more and more about what it means to serve. I know that we are still far from over building the Georgia we want, and I want to focus on that for now. As such, with bittersweet feelings, I am suspending my campaign for President of the United States. I am not only joyous but also incredibly humbled by the movement we have built. The people that we have met, the dreams that we have fueled, the hopes we've voiced... it all goes to show how far a girl from Mississippi can go.

I am a strong believer, however, in that a movement is not built by or around one person. I have merely been a vehicle for your thoughts, hopes, and voices, and I will continue doing so as Governor and as a voice in the Party. This is not the last of me.

I will not be making an endorsement at this time. Senators Kerry and Brown and Governor Sink are all very prepared people who will make sure we can have A Dream for Everyone, and I ask my supporters to vote their conscience. We all want to turn the White House blue.

Thank you, once again. This is not the end of a campaign because it wasn't about me, it is the morphing of a movement. It is the beginning of a better, fairer era. As I go back to working full-time for the people of Georgia, I do so with my hope alive that a better America is coming and that we all helped build it. Thank you all, and let's get out there and build a dream for everyone.

My statement:

Well, this has probably been very high up on the list of games I've enjoyed. All of you are great players and Dat has been a downright awesome GM. However, I just can't take the time right now to pull it all off. As such, I will be needing to drop out of this one, but I can tell you all here on the Games Board: you'll see me back in a game lol. I really thank (and apologize to) Dat and all of you guys, and wish you all the best of luck!

I completely understand; take your time with it, and thanks for playing!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #328 on: March 11, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm getting close to being forced to drop out; busy, like Peanut is. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Anyways, thanks for playing, Peanut!
DemsForLife
Rookie
United States

« Reply #329 on: March 11, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »

I need to speak to you, DatGOTTho, but I still can't pm you. Can I ask you in the endorsement thread?

Also, bye Stacey Abrams!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »

I need to speak to you, DatGOTTho, but I still can't pm you. Can I ask you in the endorsement thread?

Also, bye Stacey Abrams!

Yes; I told you to do that the last time.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »

ALEX SINK GOTV EFFORT

Iowa

Governor Alex Sink spent the days leading up to the Iowa Caucus campaigning in the streets and meeting Iowans alongside Former Governor Chet Culver and Former Senator Tom Harkin. She also held townhalls, and got into contact with hundreds of Iowans by door knocking and meeting them at Local Businesses. Governor Sink spread her message of an America that works for everyone, and especially campaigned on Free College and Medicare for All.

New Hampshire

While in New Hampshire, Governor Alex sink help multiple rallies across the state. She also campaigned hard with Rep. Kuster and Former Governor Maggie Hassan. She campaigned in the cold every morning and afternoon, held multiple townhalls, and met hundreds of people from across the state. While at a rally in Concord, New Hampshire, Governor Alex Sink had this to say:

Rally in Concord, New Hampshire

Now, I know you all are extremely concerned about the Jobs Report that came out, and so am I. This is just more proof that President Romney and the Republican Party are waging war on Workers all across America, and waging war on American Families. This country deserves so much more, than a failing economy, a failing job rate, and a failing Administration. As President, you can trust me, those numbers won't be a reality. The Republicans will say that you can't trust me, that you can't trust my policy. To them I would say, "look in the mirror, see what you have done to this country!

California

Throughout Alex's time in California, she held multiple rallies up and down the state. Some of her major rallies featured Senator Kamala Harris and Governor Gavin Newsom. She also held multiple Speaking Events and Fundraisers with the Human Rights Campaign, and Planned Parenthood. She launched a major social media campaign across College Campuses in California, and throughout the Bay Area. Alex Sink held multiple, "Students for Sink" Events and met with hundreds of Students. She mainly campaigned on Free College Tuition, and Medicare for All at her rallies.

Nevada

While in Nevada, Governor Sink launched major Volunteer and GOTV Campaigns. She campaigned mainly in Las Vegas, Nevada with Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto. She also spoke with many Union Members about her plans for Worker's Rights and the Minimum Wage. She managed to flip some votes within the AFSCME Members, and UNITE HERE members by spreading her ideas. She spoke a lot about her plan for Universal Pre-K with people all over Reno and Las Vegas, she also campaigned on Net Neutrality, and Universal Health Care. The campaign saw it as a victory, and a huge outreach for the state of Nevada.

South Carolina

While spending some time in South Carolina, Governor Sink held multiple rallies throughout the state. She spoke on the USC Campus multiple times, and met with the USC Democrats Group. She campaigned mainly on Net Neutrality and Free College Tuition. She knocked on Door Room doors, and met hundreds of students on the campus, and spread her ideas. She held multiple townhalls, and answered the questions of the people of South Carolina. She told everyone at one of the townhalls that South Carolina had more of a choice than just Sherrod Brown or John Kerry, that there was a better option.

Virginia

While in Virginia, Governor Sink got her biggest crowds yet. At a rally in Richmond, Virginia she received over 1,200 attendees. The campaign led multiple Volunteer and Social Media Campaigns throughout College Campuses and other areas in Richmond. In Virginia Beach, Governor Sink did a live townhall with Representative Abigal Spanberger. Governor Sink attended multiple parades, and met with just over a thousand people. In Arlington, she campaigned with Rep. Jennifer Wexton and was able to knock on over 500 doors. She campaigned mostly on her record, and her plans for Healthcare, Pre-K, and College Tuition. This was considered her biggest appearance yet, and a massive win.

THIS IS THE GOTV EFFORTS FOR THE SINK CAMPAIGN, IN THESE STATES

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

Sorry to see Stacey go, I totally understand having more pressing things to manage.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Highlights

Tulsi Gabbard asks Kerry: "Would you still vote for the Iraq War?"

Speaking at a Sherrod Brown rally, Tulsi Gabbard criticized Kerry for his Iraq War vote and said the following:

"In 2004, I volunteered to deploy with my fellow soldiers in Iraq, serving 2 different tours of the middle east. I felt a sense of duty to my country to fight along my fellow Hawaiians. Politicians sent me and so many others to fight as pawns for a reckless, regime change war that took billions out of communities like these at the profit of the military-industrial complex. It was progressive congressman Sherrod Brown who rejected reckless intervention and casted their vote against the Iraq War. It was Sherrod Brown who had the correct judgement to predict the disasters of the Iraq War that I served in. We need a commander-in-chief who has the kind of correct judgement to reject unnecessary and costly intervention.

And while we have brave public servants who have the judgement to foresee the biggest disaster of the 21st century, there were still 77 senators who cast their vote for it: Among them, Senator John Kerry. He cast one of many votes to send people like me to fight a predictably disastrous war. The lesson over the past several decades is that we need a President who has the foreign policy vision and judgement to prevent the next Iraq War, but John Kerry continued to stand by his vote in his last presidential election.

So, I have one question for John Kerry: would you still vote for the Iraq War?"

Sherrod Brown proclaims "We're going to fight for every vote" in New Hampshire

"Y'know, I've been told by people in the media that I shouldn't even come down to New Hampshire, that it's a waste of time. They say our progressive message won't resonate with the people in New Hampshire, I even heard an article that said I'm 'rumpled, discheveled, and just not charismatic.' But of course I'm going to fight in New Hampshire. Because it's not just in Iowa and South Carolina and North Dakota where workers are forced to live paycheck to paycheck while the cost of living increases. It's not just Iowa and South Carolina that is being ripped off by a corrupt political system that favors those at the top. The people of New Hampshire understand that too.

We're going to fight for every vote.

We're going to get out and spread our message. We'll volunteer, door knock, phonebank, but we are not surrendering the state of New Hampshire. All the gains don't have to flow to the top 1%. Our campaign finance system does not have to allow billionaires to donate millions to candidates benefiting only themselves. We are not giving up in New Hampshire."

Opioid Epidemic Speech

Excerpt

At least 63,000 Americans died from opioid overdoes in 2016 alone - more than the number of Americans killed in the entire Vietnam War - and the epidemic is projected to kill nearly half a million Americans in the next decade. We know that there’s no one solution to the opioid addiction epidemic. That’s why we must propose a comprehensive public health campaign to combat this crisis, and call on the federal government to launch a long-term campaign that includes widespread education and prevention efforts, expanding access to affordable addiction treatment, and recovery that includes better screening and protections against relapse.

First and foremost, any long-term solution to ending the opioid crisis must include providing people suffering from addiction and mental health issues with the tools to get their lives back on track. We must work to expand medicare for all to ensure everyone has access to professional, quality care in tackling the opioid epidemic. Additionally, we must fight to lower the amount of prescription drugs that manufacturers and distributors pump into our healthcare system, and to make their these processes more open and transparent. For years, big pharmaceutical companies have failed to warn doctors and patients about the dangers of opioids and have made billions in profits by pumping their products into the health care marketplace using highly aggressive advertising schemes and without adequate warnings.

We must be vicious in tackling this epidemic and take it with significant priority. While pharmaceutical companies save many lives while manufacturing their products, we must acknowledge their abusive and irresponsible actions to fuel the opioid epidemic at their own profit. At a time when local, state and federal governments are spending many billions of dollars a year dealing with the impact of the opioid epidemic, we must hold the pharmaceutical companies and executives that created the crisis accountable.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2019, 11:45:43 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 12:00:21 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Would You Still?

- ad opens with various clips of Gabbard in military uniform -

Tulsi Gabbard: In 2004, I volunteered to deploy with my fellow soldiers in Iraq. I served 2 different tours of the middle east because I felt a sense of duty to my country and my home of Hawaii. Politicians sent me and so many others to fight as pawns in the most disastrous war of the 21st century, stealing from our families, our communities, our veterans. That is not just a mistake, that is a moral wrong.

- scene shifts to Iraq War clips -

And what do we have to show for it? A country in constant peril and instability, trillions of our tax dollars wasted, hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties. It was lives like mine that politicians put on the line.

- scene shifts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

It was progressive congressmen like Sherrod Brown who rejected reckless intervention and casted their vote against the Iraq War. It was Sherrod Brown who had the correct judgement to predict the disasters of the Iraq War that I served in. And while we have brave public servants who have the judgement to foresee the biggest disaster of the 21st century, there were still 77 senators who cast their vote for it:

Tulsi Gabbard: Among these politicians was Senator John Kerry, whose poor judgement allowed one of the largest foreign policy disasters in American history, and yet, still refused to admit that his vote was wrong years later. Now is the conversation for peace, not for more regime change wars that cost us trillions away from our communities. There's only one question to ask, Senator Kerry.

Would you still vote for the Iraq War?

Voiceover: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont, Nevada and California
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »

Phil Scott Ad #6: My Entire Career

To air in Iowa

"Hi, I'm Phil Scott, and I'm asking for your support tomorrow in the Iowa Caucus. I'd be honored to have your support, and humbled by your trust."

"I've spent my entire political career fighting for the people, and against special interests. So we can trust our government again."

"I stood up to the pharmaceutical lobbyists, and against partisan politics. Putting people before politics as usual."

It's far past time we break Washington's gridlock, and restore trust in government. I've built my career on building bridges and forging consensus. Finally getting things done in Washington, over this campaign, I hope I've gained your support. It's time to put people before politics. I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message."

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2019, 08:41:30 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 09:02:59 PM by jakobisgood »

ALEX SINK AD, "IN IT FOR AMERICA" AIRED IN IOWA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, CALIFORNIA, NEW MEXICO, VIRGINIA

Veterans fight for America, they fight for their families, and for their future. Veterans deserve a Healthcare System, and a Veteran's Affairs Department that works for them. As Governor I signed Veteran's Choice, allowing Veterans to receive the best care possible, and the best doctor possible. I'm in it for Veterans.

Farmers all across America ensure that our society and country have food. That we can put food on the table for our families. That we can make sure that we don't go hungry. Farmers are the grassroots of the reason America is so great, and they deserve to have enough for their family to. As Governor of Florida, I signed the bill allowing Ethanol Year Round, creating jobs, and boosting the economy. I'll do that nationwide, because I'm in it for Farmers.

Students throughout our country attend great colleges, are extremely educated, and will go on to have great jobs. Yet, they won't ever be able to pay off their Student Loans. They'll be paying off something, they won't ever be able to pay off. That is unacceptable, and I took action. As Governor I made Florida a Tuition-Free State, and I'll make that a policy nationwide. I'm in for the Students, throughout America.

Families across America have to deal with High Medical Bills, they have to deal with the fact that they may not be able to pay off their Medical Bills. I as Governor, said, "The people of Florida deserve to spend money on their family, not on a broken leg." So, I took action, I made Florida a state that guarantees Medicare for All. America needs this same policy, and I've got the guts to do it, because I'm in it for American Families.

I'm Alex Sink, and well, as you can see, I'm in it for you.

I'm Alex Sink and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:38 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2019, 11:01:11 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Our Champion.

(' denotes narrator change)

- Ad opens in various scenes of Iowa workers, farmers, manufacturers, servicemen -

Narrators (various workers): Night and day, we work making the best steel,' the best corn,' the best soybeans in the world.' We spend every day putting hard work and value into our jobs, hoping that that hard work will give us the dignity and security to live a good and simple life.' But big money and executives fought our union when we first organized.' They shipped our good-paying jobs over to China.' They contaminate our environment and they hurt our local rural communities.'

Don't you wish we had politicians who understood that? Well, now we do..'

- Scene shifts to Sherrod Brown w/ workers -

Narrators (various workers): Senator Sherrod Brown is one of the few politicians who has always fought for us.' One of the few politicians who has always had the courage to stand up to big money executives.' A champion for us.' He's had our back, always, leading the fight for workers in Congress.' Now, he's running for President.' Ready to send a grassroots movement of ordinary workers directly to the White House.' Because now is the time to rebuild America's workers' and take on big money and big banks.' But he can't do that by himself.' So, we will have his back' against the millions corporations will spend to take him down.' Because we won't let them.

Sherrod Brown, we've got your back.

Caucus for Sherrod Brown on Feb. 3rd.

Voiceover: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message.

Aired in Iowa
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2019, 10:09:19 PM »

ALEX SINK FINAL CAMPAIGN EFFORTS IN IOWA

EXCERPT FROM ALEX SINK'S LAST IOWA RALLY

Des Moines, Iowa

Iowa, tomorrow is pivotal to this campaign's success. John Kerry and Sherrod Brown, they're saying that we shouldn't even try. They say that we have no chance in Iowa. What do we think about that Iowa? Well you know what, we aren't gonna listen to em'. If we would've listened to them, we wouldn't even be here right now. This campaign is too involved, too devoted, and too proud to drop out and endorse one of em'. I'm a woman, the only one in the race, and if I were to drop out, what would that say to the thousands of little girls across the United States? Not only is this campaign focused on winning, we're focused on representing and fighting for little girls all over the world. That's why, you know, we are going to fight for every vote! We are going to fight for every precinct! With that, we're going to go on to win Iowa, then we'll take it to New Hampshire, to Nevada, South Carolina, North Dakota, and every other state!

If you would've told us 8 months ago, that we would be over 20% in Iowa, we would've said, "You're kidding right?" We would've said that there was no way, that there is no world in which we're doing this good in Iowa. Well folks, we've done it. We're one day out from the Iowa Caucus, and we're in 3rd place. Folks, we need to win Iowa. I need you all to get your families, friends, and even random people off the street to vote. Without your vote, and without your campaigning, America won't have Tuition Free College, America won't have Medicare for All, America won't have Universal Pre-K, we'll have a President that isn't bold enough to take action. We need a bold President, and you're looking at her right now, Iowa.

So, let's get out there. Let's get dirty, let's get in the streets, and let's stick it to the man. We're going to win Iowa, but only with your help. So, let's do it Des Moines. Go vote, go out, and tell everyone, "I'm Voting for Alex Sink today, and I am Proud!" Thank you so much Des Moines, and let's do this!
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2019, 10:12:31 PM »

AD: A Good Fit

I'm Kevin Cramer, I've served North Dakota in Congress alongside Congressman Amash for years. He's dedicated his time there defending Liberty and fighting for people's rights against intrusive government agencies.

I'm Rick Berg

And I'm John Hoeven, together, the two of us have served our great state in the Senate for 18 years. We're coming to you today because we believe that Justin Amash is the best choice of the Presidential candidates. His Values are North Dakota Values of Independence, Strength, and Freedom. When it comes to North Dakota, Justin Amash is a pretty good fit.

Justin Amash, Empowering People, not Government

To Air in North Dakota
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2019, 10:57:09 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad "Trust" in Iowa

"As your governor, I'm grateful for the trust you've put into me to ensure this state runs as well as possible. Now I'm asking you to trust me again when I say, I support Lisa Murkowski for President of the United States. She is a candidate that we can count on to support our values as Iowans, and has fought hard for free trade, energy that works, and keeping the federal government out of your life."

"I've been proud to work for Iowans in Congress since 1975. and with Lisa Murkowski since 2002. I can tell you something, she gets what this state cares about. She isn't going to give up on what matters to her, and always gets results. Lisa cares about a strong agricultural industry, energy independence, and low taxes and regulation. Lisa Murkowski has earned Iowa's trust through not only what she's said, but the results she's achieved."

"I'm Lisa Murkowski, and I'm so pleased to have received the support of Governor Reynolds and Senator Grassley, and I hope I can count on your support at your caucus site. I have learned a lot about Iowa in the past few months, and I know that this great state wants a leader who is independent, results driven, and who cares about their concerns. I endorse this message because I believe I am the candidate that you can trust to represent you as President of the United States."
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2019, 10:58:08 PM »

RICK SANTORUM AD "LIFE"
Rick Santorum's voice: I'm Rick Santorum, and I approve this message.

Rick Santorum: In America, we have lived by the belief that "all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

But in recent decades, liberal activist judges have legislated from the bench and decided that all men are not created equal, that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness aren't God-given rights.

Every year, millions of unborn Americans are killed in brutal abortion procedures, and a dis-proportionate amount of these victims are minorities.

We won't be silent about this anymore. We are rising up, young and old, black and white, Democrat and Republican, to push back and say "no more" to this genocide. We want every American to have a shot at life, and we will stop at nothing. We are the pro-life generation, and we will triumph.

*Ad aired in Iowa, Texas, South Carolina, and North Dakota.*
adamevans
United States

« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2019, 08:13:27 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

Jan. 1: The New Year begins with a national conference call with state leadership to discuss "moving the campaign into the year of the election." Later, Sherrod held rallies in Iowa City and Dubuque remarking New Year's comments: "This has been a pretty testing year for Iowans: another year of wage stagnation and another year of rampant economic inequality. Now is the year where Democracy rises up and says enough with an economy that works only for the richest" and emphasized the necessity to build an economy for the middle class.

Jan. 2 to Jan. 16: Sherrod Brown kicked off a 2-week marathon tour of Iowa, joined by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, vowing to meet with "every worker" in Iowa. On the trail, he discussed his primarily worker-oriented policy proposals, paid family, vacation, sick leave guaranteed, $15 minimum wage, and a massive advancement of labor unions. Trumka touted Brown as "easily the most pro-labor person we've had in Congress" and "would absolutely be the best candidate for workers.. it's why we endorsed him so early." Trumka also prepared to organize a massive GOTV and campaign organization effort from the AFL-CIO and other member-unions who had endorsed Brown.

Jan. 17: Senator Brown held a round-table discussion and meet-and-greet with former supporters of Governor Abrams. Accompanied by Congressman John Lewis, Brown told voters that he shared Abrams commitment to progressive values and said he was committed to unleashing an era of racial justice with criminal justice reform, an end to voter suppression, and creating good-paying jobs for all, additionally touting his endorsement from the NAACP. He ended the day with a press conference to accept the endorsements of Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Pocan, and Rep. Jayapal, calling him a "progressive stalwart who is ready to deliver real change."

Jan. 18 to Jan. 25: Senator Brown took to hold several meet & greets with AARP members to expand his level of senior support, emphasizing his commitment to expanding social security, reducing the cost of prescription drugs, and proposing a series of taxes on the wealthy to "ensure everyone retiring has the basic security to retire with dignity."

Jan. 26 to Feb. 2: Sherrod Brown took to finally rally the base with a series of rallies and registration drives across the state of Iowa throughout the final week. In a rally in Cedar Rapids, Sherrod Brown was joined by President Barack Obama, where he called him "the progressive change this country needs" and urged Iowa to "show the support I was shown twelve years ago." Along the trail, Brown would double down on his message of political revolution, campaign finance reform, and "restoring the dignity in work." Finally, at a rally on February 1st, Stacey Abrams would appear at a final rally to fully endorse Sherrod Brown's campaign and noted his "consistent platform for progressive ideals" and said Brown was "more qualified to bring about the progressive change than any other candidate on both sides."

Feb. 3: Senator Brown begins Caucus Day in Polk City, Iowa. He meets with voters at an assisted living community, and makes a plan for campaign volunteers to get the seniors out caucus sites in the evening. During the drive to Ames, Senator Brown makes GOTV calls from the back of his car. Once in Ames, Senator Brown meets with College Democrats at the University of Iowa and makes sure they have a GOTV plan, setting up rides from campaign staff for students without cars. He also holds a town hall at the Ames Public Library with Senator Baldwin.

As the sun begins to set, Senator Brown and Senator Baldwin fly to Waterloo, Iowa for their final round of campaigning. They hold a large GOTV rally at the Waterloo Center for the Arts, where they're joined by President Obama and Senator Klobuchar. As caucusing begins, the Brown Campaign moves to the Isle Casino Hotel in Waterloo to watch results come in.

Once the results of the caucus is clear, Senator Brown, Senator Baldwin, President Obama, and Senator Klobuchar drive to the Brown Derby Ballroom in Waterloo to meet with supporters.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »

RICK SANTORUM ANNOUNCES FINAL ENDORSEMENTS BEFORE IOWA CAUCUSES

With just a few days to go until the Iowa caucus, Rick Santorum's campaign is pleased to announce several big endorsements.

Senators Tom Cotton (R-AR,) David Perdue (R-GA,) and Bill Cassidy (R-LA,) have all gotten on board with our campaign:

"We strongly believe that as a party, we must nominate Rick Santorum. He is the only conservative, true Republican running for president, and he will bring our values and the values of millions of Americans to the White House. We must all work hard, especially in early states like Iowa, North Dakota, and closer to home, Texas and South Carolina."

Santorum is also being endorsed by the National Right to Life and Tea Party Patriots organizations. Both will be actively campaign in early voting states, including Iowa, North Dakota, South Carolina, and Texas.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »

Fox News Interview with Lisa Murkowski
February 2, 2020

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson, coming to you live from KDSM headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa, to bring you an interview with a woman who may well be on the brink of making history and becoming the first woman President, Senator Lisa Murkowski. Lisa, how are you tonight?

Murkowski: I'm good, Tucker. I just got done with a rally in Fort Dodge, so I'm a little pumped right now.

Carlson: Ought to make this interesting, then. *chuckles* Ok, first question: Senator, in recent days, you’ve pulled somewhat ahead of the pack in both nationwide and Iowa polling. Do you believe, so close to the beginning of the primary season, that this could be the beginning of the end for your opponents?

Murkowski: Well, it looks like the polling is pretty close, and it’s still early, but this campaign is offering a message of liberty, security, and independence, which seems to be resonating with voters around the country. I am from the mindset that you don’t call an election over until all the votes are counted. What I plan on doing is to continue to connect with voters, hear their problems, and bring forward solutions. I will continue to campaign just as hard as I did to win my write-in campaign in 2010.

Carlson: Yes, indeed, it ain't over till it's over. Considering how strongly the Democratic Party has trumpeted their support of women’s rights in the past, how does it make you feel to recognize that you actually have a significant chance to make a Republican the first female President?

Murkowski: It feels wonderful for a woman to be seriously considered for our party’s nominee for President. There is historical precedent for the Republican Party being a leader on this issue, with Margaret Chase Smith having served in the House and Senate before running in 1964. We’ve come a long way since then, and I would be honored to carry the mantle of first woman president. But, most of all, I’m excited that there’s attention being paid to this campaign beyond my gender, about my vision for the United States. Truly, that’s what is most important, and what the American people want to hear about.

Carlson: Indeed, Lisa, indeed. Now, we’ve asked just about everyone, yourself included, what their first 100 days will be like. What are some of your more long-term goals?

Murkowski: One of the first goals of my term would be to increase oversight for the VA and active service members, ensuring those who serve their country get the best care possible. Another goal for my first 100 days is to begin action to move the United States to a place of complete energy independence, including working with Congress, business leaders, and consumers to draft legislation that works for all of to keep our energy reliable, affordable, and diverse.

Carlson: With the rising threat of MBS in Saudi Arabia, I think this is a plan all Americans can get behind. Finally, Senator, if you win the nomination, how would you rank your opponents in the general election, from strongest to weakest?

Murkowski: This question brings up an excellent point of difference between our two parties at the moment. So far, the Republican primary has been a debate of ideas, whereas the Democratic primary has been a race to the left with attacks being hurled every step of the way. I would be willing to take any of the Democratic candidates on in November, as I believe that this campaign is offering the common sense solutions to problems facing our country, not more partisan bickering and purity contests.

Carlson: Lisa, it's been absolutely wonderful talking with you tonight. Good luck tomorrow!

Murkowski: You, too, Tucker, and thanks!

Carlson: This has been Tucker Carlson, reporting from Iowa ahead of its critical presidential caucus. Join us tomorrow night* for all the exciting action as the results come in.

*OOC: yes, Iowa is still tonight; I just forgot to post an election update yesterday, and Murk had an interview queued up
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »

It's Iowa time Boys! Good luck to all of you!
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2019, 12:12:31 PM »

RICK SANTORUM'S FINAL CAMPAIGN EFFORTS IN IOWA

In the last few days before the Iowa Caucus, Rick Santorum will be holding large rallies in Sioux City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Davenport.

He will also be meeting with campaign volunteers across the state to energize and help with the get out the vote efforts.

On Caucus night, he will speak on his own behalf at a caucusing site in West Des Moines, Iowa.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »

Election Night 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Megyn Kelly

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Kelly: And I'm Megyn Kelly. And this is a very special Election Update, as the time has finally come: we're bringing you coverage of the 2020 Iowa caucuses!

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCibE6jbkT8&list=RDQMHRAVROm2E_4&start_radio=1

Carlson: That's right, Megyn. Throughout the night, we're going to be bringing you live updates on the results out of Iowa. You'd better hold on, folks, because it's...

Both: Election Night in America!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:19 PM »

Gosh darn it yes!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2019, 04:10:47 PM by Barron »

Iowa GOTV Strategy: Sherrod Brown

Sensing momentum, the Brown campaign is going all in on Iowa. Nearly all of his surrogates have been barnstorming the state over the past week, as well as accompanying the candidate in each of his last rallies. In creating a winning coalition, the campaign has pushed the crucial endorsements of the past month: President Obama, Tulsi Gabbard, John Lewis and Tammy Baldwin, and in particular Bernie Sanders, Richard Trumka, all union endorsements and the Des Moines Register. Obama, Lewis and Clinton have put focuses on wooing Abrams voters to the Brown fold, based on his strongly pro-civil rights record, and Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, and Tammy Baldwin pushed to keep progressives in Sherrod's campaign. Richard Trumka and his union endorsers, unrivaled in his union support, pushed a strong GOTV effort among union voters and overall keeping Brown's working class base to turn out for him. The endorsement of the newspaper also has been pushed to demonstrate the campaign's increasing credibility.

The campaign has been relying on its powerful grassroots effort as well as it's many small donors to propel the Iowa campaign in the final stretch. A heavy focus on on-the-ground organizing has been built over the past few months, and the campaign now hopes to see its efforts come into fruition. In urban areas, union voters, low and middle-income families, college students, and the 18-34 demographic is being targeted. Rural areas are a strong focus as well, as appeals to farmers, seniors and union voters have created a strong coalition for Sherrod. Through all of the hard work, the Brown campaign hopes to out-organize all of the other campaigns.

Ultimately, the Brown campaign sees a large opportunity to win big in the Iowa caucus through a motivating and spirited campaign on restoring the dignity in work and rebuilding America. Senator Brown has been devoted 100% to campaigning in Iowa in order to reach this goal. The following are other general actions taken by the Brown campaign for Iowa:

-Present Brown as the left-populist candidate of the progressive movement
-Show a strong focus on wages, being the only candidate concerned about wage stagnation and rising income inequality, while pushing progressive positions like medicare for all and debt-free, tuition-free college
-Promote the endorsements of Obama, the NAACP, and Our Revolution to skeptical Abrams voters
-Attack Kerry for his refusal to back down on his vote in the Iraq War, which, as Brown describes, is the biggest disaster of the 21st century
-Reach out to senior voters extensively in the last month and push expanding social security and reducing senior poverty
-Barnstorming rural areas with not much outreach from other candidates, hoping to pull more votes away from competitors
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies