The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:58:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35774 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: March 17, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »

RE-RUN OF AD IN NEVADA, SOUTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA, CALIFORNIA, NEW JERSEY, ARIZONA, MICHIGAN, NORTH CAROLINA, ARKANSAS

ALEX SINK AD, "IN IT FOR AMERICA" AIRED IN IOWA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, CALIFORNIA, NEW MEXICO, VIRGINIA

Veterans fight for America, they fight for their families, and for their future. Veterans deserve a Healthcare System, and a Veteran's Affairs Department that works for them. As Governor I signed Veteran's Choice, allowing Veterans to receive the best care possible, and the best doctor possible. I'm in it for Veterans.

Farmers all across America ensure that our society and country have food. That we can put food on the table for our families. That we can make sure that we don't go hungry. Farmers are the grassroots of the reason America is so great, and they deserve to have enough for their family to. As Governor of Florida, I signed the bill allowing Ethanol Year Round, creating jobs, and boosting the economy. I'll do that nationwide, because I'm in it for Farmers.

Students throughout our country attend great colleges, are extremely educated, and will go on to have great jobs. Yet, they won't ever be able to pay off their Student Loans. They'll be paying off something, they won't ever be able to pay off. That is unacceptable, and I took action. As Governor I made Florida a Tuition-Free State, and I'll make that a policy nationwide. I'm in for the Students, throughout America.

Families across America have to deal with High Medical Bills, they have to deal with the fact that they may not be able to pay off their Medical Bills. I as Governor, said, "The people of Florida deserve to spend money on their family, not on a broken leg." So, I took action, I made Florida a state that guarantees Medicare for All. America needs this same policy, and I've got the guts to do it, because I'm in it for American Families.

I'm Alex Sink, and well, as you can see, I'm in it for you.

I'm Alex Sink and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #426 on: March 17, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »

So, I've been putting together a Wikipedia page for this election game, if anyone's interested. It's still in the early stages (no timeline or endorsements), but it is a nice, organized way to keep track of the candidates and goings on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Psychotic_Cabbage/sandbox

(First article [others are either timelines or just random stuff I cobbled together])

I absolutely love it!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #427 on: March 17, 2019, 06:34:55 PM »

John Kerry victory speech

Victory Speech
Wow! We have the momentum! At the beginning of the campaign the Washington Elite wrote us off, they called me washed up! Look at us now Washington! We've Nevada soon, which Im sure will be a great race! Then we keep on going, to the South, the Mountain West, and then we have Super Tuesday! This day will go down in history as a day of reckoning the day where John Kerry and the American people flipped the switch, we have 11 months until the election! We need to start unifying tonight and that's what we are doing!

Senator Brown and Governor Sink are attacking my record, my record speaks for itself, 3 purple hearts, 2 bronze stars, and a silver star. I was called a passionate defender of liberalism during my time in the Senate, and I have fought for these issues my entire life. I will not attack my fellow Democrats in this primary! The purpose of this campaign is Hope and Change! New Hampshire spurred my campaign in 2004, and it is gonna jumpstart us again here tonight! Tomorrow we leave for Nevada, and we're going to win there too!

Thank you New Hampshire for powering the fight! We won here, and that set the tone to continue our struggle! I won't go negative, because the future of our country will be positive!

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2019, 07:08:38 PM »

John Kerry for President

Campaign Ad:Unity

John Kerry
Hi, Im John Kerry and Im going to be the Democratic nominee for President. What does this flag mean to you?

John Kerry
To me, it means service and unity. I served my country in Vietnam, and for that service I was awarded 3 purple hearts, 2 bronze stars and a silver star for my actions. On the idea of unity, I promise not to attack my fellow Democrats in this primary, or my opponent in the general election.

Harry Reid
The reason I endorsed John was because he'll win in November, and return dignity to the White House. He is the only Democrat who is focusing more on policy, and less on meaningless personal attacks.

Steven Horsford
John Kerry is the only candidate who is above getting into petty political fights, and actually is focusing on the politics. He supports hardworking Americans across the nation, he's the only candidate that I feel does that, and that's why he's the best candidate for Nevada, and the best candidate for America.

John Kerry, Harry Reid, & Steven Horsford
Im John Kerry and I approve this message. I'm Harry Reid and I approve this message. I'm Steven Horsford and I approve this message
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2019, 07:46:52 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2019, 09:04:42 PM by jakobisgood »

ALEX SINK ACCEPTS HICKENLOOPER ENDORSEMENT IN DENVER, COLORADO

Excerpt from Speech

Denver, Colorado

If you didn't know Denver, we got a very big endorsement today. We got the endorsement of a Former Governor that not only fixed the state of Colorado, but ensured that it is prosperous for decades to come. I know that this Former Governor made the right choice on who to endorse, because he made the right choice when he ran for Governor of Colorado!

We have received the endorsement of your Former Governor, John Hickenlooper! I've been honored to know John throughout the years, and I've been honored to work with him. We've worked together on Medicare for All, and our Infrastructure Plan. I can't wait to work with John as your President, and together I think we can win this. So, John, I officially accept your endorsement!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2019, 09:02:25 PM »

ALEX SINK SAYS, "GET THOSE BOOTS OFF THE GROUND"

Las Vegas, Nevada

You know, I've always shared this belief. When my husband was in the military, I was scared to death. I had no idea whether or not I ever get to see him again. I didn't know if he would be alive to see our son born. I didn't know if I was ever going to get to say, "I Love You" ever again. That is absolutely unacceptable. When my husband died, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I would ever recover, or if I would be able to live on. I just wanted to see him, I just wanted to see my love one more time. He tought me so much, and I'll never forget his sacrifice.

I'm telling all of you know, as President of the United States of America, we are getting those boots off of the ground in Syria. We're bringing our fathers and husbands and sons home, where they belong. They're coming home, and we're going to do everything we can to support them and fight for them in Government. Yet, we can't just pull everyone out. We have to space it out, and make it gradual. That is the kind of smart, and responsible policy that we can all be proud of, even Bill up with the Big Guy.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule through Nevada

February UNTIL Nevada
February 12-16: Governor Duties/Rest
February 17: Fly in to Charleston to speak to supporters at the Old Port
February 18: Fly into Las Vegas, meet with Clark County Campaign Team at HQ, Major Rally with Joe Heck and Dean Heller
February 19-20: Bus Tour Rural Nevada with Dean Heller, Speak in Reno with Dean Heller
February 21: Meet with Nevada Chamber of Commerce, Campaign in Carson City
February 22: GOTV Operations in Las Vegas (Will be specified later)

Phil Scott Meeting with Nevada Chamber

(February 21, Major Excerpt)

Nevada Business deserve the best representation in Washington. The tax code, in fact is working against Nevada Businesses. When we see Nevada job creators, mom and pop shops, but also statewide food industries, that are tied up in regulation, fees, and surcharges, while massive multination industries and banks are receiving tax breaks to ship jobs oversees, and hide money from the IRS. We see the problem. But we've gotta solve it. Senator Heller understood this, that was his goal in Washington, create jobs for Nevadans. We have candidates coming through here who are proposing to burn down the whole tax system, but we now what this will result in. Colossal bonuses for multinational industries to run over Nevada job creators. We gotta simplify the tax code, we gotta make this easier for Nevada businesses. To do that, we need to reach across the aisle, get things done. I promise to get Tax Reform done within 4 years, and I'm honored by the support of the Nevada Chamber.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Nevada Schedule

February 12th: Campaign lands in Grand Forks, followed by a rally on the opioid epidemic, and the need for a task force to address the problems at hand

February 13-14th: RV tour of rural North Dakota, speaking with farmers on lowering regulatory thresholds to allow the growth from urban parts of the state to flow into rural areas, ended with a town hall in Dickinson on the need for stewardship of public lands

February 15th: Campaign arrives in Reno, Nevada for a joint rally with Mark Amodei on cutting regulations for small businesses to spur growth

February 16-17th: Tour of ranches and farms across northern Nevada, speaking with workers on the need for stability in trade to keep their incomes secure

February 18th: Tour of schools in Washoe County, meeting with teachers on education reform, followed by a rally in Sparks on Murkowski's independent record on education

February 19th: Rally in Carson City on the need to be stewards of public lands, followed by a town hall focused on tax reform

February 20th: Tour of Creech Air Force Base, speaking on the need for a strong, modern armed forces, followed by a town hall in Indian Springs on veterans issues

February 21st: Rally in Henderson on the need for an independent President, unbound by partisanship, rally in North Las Vegas on spurring economic growth with low regulations and taxes

February 22nd: Rally in Las Vegas on energy independence, followed by a coordinated GOTV effort across Clark County
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2019, 09:23:41 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Surrogate Schedule

Vice President Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan held rallies in Colombia and Charleston, South Carolina, before heading back to Washington for Vice Presidential duties. He later joins Lisa Murkowski in the GOTV effort in Henderson, NV to target suburban voters with outreach focused on the work Murkowski has done to lower regulation along with the Romney administration.

Representative Mark Amodei

Mark Amodei greeted Lisa Murkowski to the state with a joint rally in Reno. Representative Amodei spent his time rallying his district in support of Murkowski, with a focus on outreach to rural communities such as the miners, farmers, and ranchers in the region. On caucus day, he continued the focus on getting rural voters out to caucus in Washoe County. Finally, he joined the caucus watch party with Senator Murkowski in Vegas.

Senator Mia Love

Mia Love joined the final week in Nevada and assisted with the GOTV effort in her neighboring state. The Senator focused her efforts on events in the suburbs in Clark and Washoe counties, speaking with voters on Lisa Murkowski's maverick record, and why that's a great fit for western states like Utah, Alaska, and Nevada. The Senator surprised supporters by attending the watch party in Las Vegas.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2019, 09:39:30 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott Ad #7: Changing the Tax Code

To air in Nevada, North Dakota, Massachusetts, and Virginia

Narrator: This is the US Tax Code. That's over over 5,000 pages.

Over 5,000 pages of red tape, bureaucracy, and loopholes. Loopholes for multinational banks to hide money overseas.

Billions hid overseas, while American taxpayers foot the bill.

Governor Phil Scott will change the tax code. Cut down on red tape and excessive fees. He'll cut taxes for EVERYONE. And he'll close the loopholes, to make our tax code fair. It'll create jobs, and grow the economy. We know he'll come through, because he came through for Vermont.

"I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message."

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #435 on: March 19, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »

AMASH NEVADA SCHEDULE

Feb 12 - Land in Nevada and Host Rally in Las Vegas
Feb 13 - 14th: Travel across Rural Nevada making stops along the way until reaching Carson City to be joined by Brian Sandoval and host rally with him
Feb 15- 16th: Campaign in Reno and head across Route 80, stopping at Battle Mountain, Elko, and Carlin.
Feb 17 - 18th: Campaign Swing south towards Las Vegas
Feb 19th - 22nd: Campaigning with Sandoval across Las Vegas and Henderson

Justin Amash: Empowering People, Not Government
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #436 on: March 19, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

RICK SANTORUM AD "PARTY"
Rick Santorum's voice: "I'm Rick Santorum and I approve this message."

Who are we as a party? What defines being a Republican?
Certainly it isn't supporting government funding of Planned Parenthood and other abortion providing services, is it?

Or what about voting to keep the disastrous Affordable Care Act that has caused prices to skyrocket and medical care quality to worsen?

And what about opposing requiring ID when voting in a federal election? Are those Republican values?

Well, in the Senate, Lisa Murkowski voted for all of that, and more. She is among the most liberal Republicans in Washington. Is that what our party is about?

Rick Santorum, on the other hand, has long been known to be a champion of the unborn, advocate for the repeal of Obamacare, and strengthening security in our elections. Vote for a real conservative Republican. Vote for Rick Santorum.

AIRED IN SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH DAKOTA, NEVADA, AND TEXAS.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »

Phil Scott Ad #8: The Scott Plan

To air in Nevada, North Dakota, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Virginia

Dean Heller Voice: Our Debt is exceeding our GDP, it's frightening, and that's bad news for our children and grandchildren.

Some have suggested cuts to our schools, or gutting Medicare. Some have suggested we ignore the problem entirely.

(Heller emerges)

Phil Scott has a different plan.

He'll close the tax loopholes and bring in billions in new revenue. And then he'll end the waste in defense contracts-protecting our country, and cutting down on fraud and abuse in every department.

The Phil Scott plan reduces the deficit, cuts down on waste and abuse, will close tax loopholes, and raise our credit rating. Just like he did in Vermont, where he balanced the books. Phil Scott has the right plan that won't bankrupt our kids and seniors.

"I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message, because I believe my plan is best for our economy."

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2019, 04:34:56 PM »

What Manfred did part 2

Manfred started to do more when it came to online advertising as he started to advertise on YouTube videos and campaigned across the Northeast and New England on fighting the  opioid economic and how as president he would call it a national emergency and how he will fight for nationwide legalization of marijuana and kreatom.

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #439 on: March 19, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »

AD: SANDOVAL

"I'm Brian Sandoval, and for eight years it was my honor to lead this state as your Governor. When I first met Representative Amash, I knew he would be the perfect fit for Nevada. His small government free market principles are just what the state and the country need. What most politicians don't get is that people do better when the government is out of their hair. The Freedoms we hold dear can only be preserved and expanded by Justin Amash."

Justin Amash: Empowering Government, Not People
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »

ALEX SINK GOTV EFFORTS THROUGH NEVADA CAUCUS

Senator Cortez-Masto

Senator Cortez-Masto campaigned heavily on the Latino Vote in Las Vegas. She did multiple rallies in majority Spanish-Speaking areas of the city. She launched major ad campaigns in Spanish and spoke out in support, and spread these across the Latino areas of Las Vegas. She lead major Social Media campaigns and TV Campaigns to appeal to the members of that community. She founded the Latino Women of Las Vegas, and got them all to caucus and take their families and friends as well. Senator Cortez-Masto, while at a Town hall, said that "Not only is Alex Sink going to fight for you, but she's going to fight for everyone you care about, because she cares about you. Not the Special Interests and Liars in D.C."

Governor Steve Sisolak

Governor Steve Sisolak  mainly campaigned to appeal to Elders in the Reno and Nevada Suburbs. He spent a lot of time at Retirement Homes, and in the Richer Suburb Areas. He spread one simple message, "Alex Sink isn't like Sherrod Brown and John Kerry, she isn't going to dissapoint you. Just give her your vote, and you'll see." He helped plan to get busses and vehicles to drive the elders to the Caucus Site, and told them what Alex Sink was going to do for them. He held a townhall in which Undecideds came and saw him and Governor Sink speak and answer questions. He helped lead the Support Rally for Governor Sink in Las Vegas, which had over 5,000 people attending. He appealed heavily to the White Working Class, and Retired People living in the Suburbs, and launched Radio and TV Ads throughout those areas. He called it, "a way to show Nevadans that Governor Sink isn't lying to them."

Senator Jacky Rosen

Senator Rosen campaigned heavily in her own district, and mainly appealed to the Women Vote in the Las Vegas Suburbs and city. She held multiple meetings with Union Leaders as well, and gathered support from Unions all across Las Vegas. She and Governor Sink attended the Las Vegas Women's Association Meetings and got their support. She also launcehd multiple Radio, Social Media, and TV campaigns to spread a Personal Message of support for Governor Sink. Senator Rosen attended multiple rallies with Governor Sink, and advocated for people to support Governor Sink at town halls. She got the Women's Association and others to assist and offer vehicles to drive people to caucus. They found multiple people to go caucus with them, and gained a lot of support by just talking to people on the street. She called it, "Telling Nevada that Governor Sink is in it for us."

Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood launched major Social Media, and TV Ads. They also invested a lot into YouTube, and Hulu ads. They appealed mostly to women, and spent a lot of money in the Las Vegas and Reno areas to put up signs and posters for Governor Sink. Their media campaigns were in high traffic areas, and they paid for ads on multiple billboards through Las Vegas. They said that, "Alex Sink is going to fight for Women, and their rights, and that's why this is so crucial to Women all around the U.S."

American Association for Justice

The Association of Justice focused in the Las Vegas and Reno area, getting Trial Lawyers to donate and join the campaign. The got Trial Lawyers to assist on election day, and gave buses for people to travel to the polls with.

American Federation of Teachers

The American Federation of Teachers recruited teachers all throughout Nevada. They focused on getting them to vote, by agreeing with local schools to let them have a 20 minute break to vote on Election Day. They had Social Media campaigns, and helped put up Alex Sink yard signs in front of the schools. They spoke to teachers as they left the schools, to convince them to vote for Governor Alex Sink. The Spokesman said that, "We're putting teachers first, just like Governor Sink is doing."

Onward Together PAC

The Onward Together PAC donated strongly to Alex Sink's nevada campaign. The PAC also posted various social media campaigns, and funded ads in Nevada.

Priorities USA Action PAC

The Priorities USA Action PAC was in charge of a HUGE Television Campaign in Las Vegas and the Reno areas. They were targeted to Families, Single Moms and Dads, and Elders. They also were able to assist in funding for getting people to caucus for Governor Alex Sink.

Human Rights Campaign

The Human Rights campaigned launched multiple TV Ads, Radio Ads, and Social Media campaigns in support of Governor Sink. They targeted the LGBT and College/Liberal Vote in Las Vegas. They did multiple videos and posts in support of Governor Sink in Reno and Las Vegas.

The College Democrats of America

The College of Democrats launched multiple Social Media Campaigns, and Campus Campaigns in Nevada, and other states. Every single college in Las Vegas and Reno had their Democratic Association participate in a Pro-Sink GOTV Effort on campus. They drove students to caucus, and educated them by flyer and social media on the Sink Campaign. They also helped to put up signs at colleges and polling locations.

United for a Strong America PAC

The USA PAC played a big role in finances for the Sink Campaign, and funded her Nevada Campaign. They funded many ads and GOTV Efforts throughout Las Vegas and the Suburbs.

American Federation of Government Employees

The AFGE focused in the Las Vegas city area, the suburbs, Reno, and Carson City on recruiting Union Members. They held multiple town halls and funded Radio and TV Campaigns for Alex Sink. The campaigned hard for her on Worker's Rights, and had a presence in campaigning in almost every factory in those areas. They spent a lot of money on Poster and Signs campaigns, and posted them near the front of the factories, and had people outside to talk to the Factory Workers to support Alex Sink.

American Postal Workers Union

The APWU campaigned with Alex Sink in the Suburbs, and the Reno area. They donated a lot to the Sink Campaign, and recruited mail people to support Alex Sink. They had people set up outside of the Post Offices to campaign for Alex Sink, and had information and literature on Alex Sink's stances.

Carpenters' Independence Conference

The CIC, as the largest union in the city of Las Vegas, campaigned hard for Alex Sink in the factories, and the Travel Industry. They held multiple large rallies in support of Worker's Rights and in support of Governor Alex Sink. They also lead multiple TV, Radio, and Social Media campaigns.  They also set up multiple GOTV Efforts on the ground outside of Major Hotels and Factories in the Vegas area. They said that, "We're in this because we deserve Worker's Rights, and Alex Sink is going to bring those and her ideas to Washington, for us."

American Civil Liberties Union

The ACLU lead multiple Social Media campaigns in Las Vegas. They campaigned with the College Democrats of America on College Campuses, and also spoke and handed out campaign materials at College Democrats of America, and cultural clubs on college campuses. They lead multiple campaigns for people to get out and caucus. They focused mainly on the Latino and Black vote in the Las Vegas area. They did a lot of Outreach Campaigns for the Sink Campaign, and did GOTV Efforts and Door Knocking in the Minority Areas of Las Vegas. They worked on putting up signs, and banners, social media, etc. all throughout Las Vegas.

THIS CONCLUDES GOVERNOR ALEX SINK'S GOTV EFFORTS THROUGH THE NEVADA CAUCUS
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2019, 07:33:14 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 07:36:20 PM by jakobisgood »

ALEX SINK AD, "HISTORY" AIRED IN NEVADA, SOUTH CAROLINA, CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, NORTH CAROLINA, ARKANSAS, TEXAS, OREGON, ARIZONA, AND COLORADO

I was a young girl at Wake Forest College. I was the first woman in my family to attend college. The first woman from my family to protest against injustice.

I was 25, and was protesting against Sexism in the South, and throughout America. I was spat on, and attacked by people on the other side of the argument.

I taught hundreds of students, in one room, in Liberia. Seeing their situation and what they had to live with inspired me to take action, for me, and my family.

I was 15 when I met the love of my life. I had to watch as he left me, and us behind, to go fight in a foreign country. I never wanted someone else to experience what I had to go through, so I took action and ran for Political Office.

I served as CFO of the state of Florida. I worked with the Governor to lower taxes, and fight for Floridians.

After that, I ran for Governor, and won. I lowered taxes, instituted new programs to work for Floridians, and fought for everyone in our state, no matter the political party.

I'm not afraid to stand up to Sherrod Brown and John Kerry. I'm not backing down, and neither should you. We're going to get to work for everyone, no matter their uprising.

So, let's make history. Let's finally elect a President that will get straight to work, for you.

Let's break this glass ceiling America, and let's do it, together.

I'm Governor Alex Sink and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #442 on: March 19, 2019, 08:03:05 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2019, 06:14:44 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

February 12th: The day after the New Hampshire primary, Senator Brown flew from New Hampshire to North Dakota to continue his campaign. He spent the morning and evening holding a multitude of town halls and meet & greets in somewhat dense agricultural communities, stressing that family farmers 'are crucial to rural growth' and using this time to express his commitment towards protecting family farmers with heavy investments in rural broadband and rural infrastructure, reforming farm subsidies to ensure benefits to family farmers over big agribusiness, and stimulating the declining dairy economy.

In the later afternoon, Sherrod Brown, accompanied by Senator Klobuchar, held a rally in Bismarck and doubled-down on pro-family farm rhetoric, saying to the crowd that "every decision that my administration makes would side with small and mid-sized family farmers, like the ones here in North Dakota, over big agribusiness" and that "family farmers have been the drivers of rural economic growth, we must have a President willing to fight for them." Klobuchar also touted Sherrod's work on the agricultural committee as a progressive voice for family farms in Ohio and North Dakota. He also uses this opportunity to make a pitch for the conservation of the planet "because it's the only one we've got" and called for "aggressive policies to combat climate change" such as a revenue-neutral carbon tax to protect "our natural lakes, rivers, and forests here in North Dakota"

February 13th: After sleeping in Bismarck, Senator Brown catches an early flight to Las Vegas, Nevada.

He begins his tour with a meet & greet in Culinary Workers Union Local 776, joined by Rep. Dina Titus and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, emphasizing his central campaign theme of "the dignity of work" and how we "must revitalize the American labor movement." Trumka touted the Senator's "commitment to fighting for worker's wages and right to organize" and said he was a "stalwart in the fight for better wages, benefits, and work hours, far better than his contenders," claiming he would be "labor's best president." After, Senator Brown held a press conference to accept the endorsement of Rep. Susie Lee. She called him "a champion for Nevada's working families, who understands the necessity to embark on a great expansion of worker's rights along with comprehensive immigration reform," and Senator Brown named Rep. Susie Lee to chair the campaign effort in Clark County, while Rep. Dina Titus was also named to chair in Las Vegas.

In the afternoon, Brown stumps in several union halls across Las Vegas and Henderson where he continues his pledge to "ensure workplace democracy, fight corporations who attempt to curb union organizing, and raise the minimum wage to $15 p/hr." He applauded Disney workers for bargaining "vigorously to get the decency and dignity of $15 p/hr" and declared that there was "momentum in the rebuilding of the labor movement." Lator, Senator Brown held a major speech on labor policy in Las Vegas calling for an "end to so-called right-to-work laws like the one in Nevada," pointing out how they lead to lower wages, benefits, etc, and continuing to discuss his plan laid out in previous stumps.  Reps. Susie Lee and Dina Titus join him as frequently as their schedules allow.

February 14th: Senator Brown's day begins by making the rounds on the local media circuit, sitting down for interviews with the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the Las Vegas Sun and appearing on local talk radio in Clark County. He used this opportunity to once again outline his plan for humane immigration reform, with a pledge for a "pathway to citizenship for law-abiding immigrant families and workers" as well as "ensuring dreamers get a chance at citizenship" while "cracking down on corporate mistreatment of undocumented immigrants."

By noon, Brown made a visit at a local manufacturing plant in Clark County, discussing his previously discussed plans to boost union organizing, as well as newly discussed plans to renegotiate trade agreements to ensure strong labor and environmental protections, according to the standards of the ILO and existing multilateral environmental agreements, creating a level-playing field for U.S manufacturing. He emphasized that "manufacturing decline is not a mid-west issue, virtually every state in the country experiences these problems." Senator Brown would then hold a rally in Henderson, NV with Reps. Raul Grijalva, Tulsi Gabbard and Susie Lee. At the rally, Brown talked about his plan for comprehensive immigration reform, subsequently backed up by Raul Grijalva, who said his plan would be a "lifesaver for immigrant communities." Additionally, Tulsi Gabbard touted Brown's commitment to a medicare-for-all healthcare system and pointing out his consistency to single-payer since 1992.

After the rally, Senator Brown, Susie Lee, and Connie Schultz spend the rest of the day door-knocking with volunteers in southern Clark County.

February 15th: In the morning, Senator Brown met with staff at a campaign HQ in Henderson, NV to enthuse supporters in the final days of the campaign that a win in Nevada would be a 'turning point' in the campaign before attending a special phone-bank session to reach out to progressive and youthful voters, joined by Tulsi Gabbard. Joined by UNITE HERE and SEIU organizers, as well as AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, Sherrod Brown holds a 'Labor for Sherrod' event in Las Vegas. Trumka said he was 'confident' that Sherrod was 'by-far the best candidate for organized labor' and UNITE HERE President Donald Taylor remarked that he endorsed Sherrod 'because he's been standing up for Nevada workers his entire career' and that 'now, we must have his back in droves to send the labor movement back to the White House.'

At the latter half of the day, Brown held a few town halls at local retirement residences in Clark County where he discussed his plan to lower senior poverty which included expanding social security, reducing the cost of prescription drugs, strengthening pension security, and providing for a minimum social security benefit. He blasted back against cuts on social security and proposed raising the cap on the payroll tax to 'ensure social security is self-solvent by making sure the rich pay in as well.' Rep. Susie Lee joins him as frequently as her schedule allows.

February 16th: The Brown Campaign drives to North Las Vegas during the predawn hours of the morning. The day begins with a round-table breakfast meeting on student loan debt and the high-cost of tuition with local professors, social leaders, and college students, joined by Senator Jeff Merkley. Senator Brown commits himself to "ensuring everyone has the chance at college education while not burdening themself with loan debt." Senator Brown then delivered a high profile speech, attended by local and national press, at a local university where he unveiled the core tenants of his plan to resolve student debt which would establish a state-federal partnership that provides a dollar-for-dollar federal match to state higher education appropriations in exchange for a commitment to help students pay for the full cost of attendance without having to take on debt and allowing students to refinance their student loans to the current borrowing rate. Brown said that debt-free college was an 'important step in toward increasing college access and affordability for students who want to pursue higher education.'

He spent the afternoon holding a series of TV and media interviews with national and local media in Nevada. The highlight was an in-depth interview with Joy Reid where Senator Brown admitted that 'medicare for all is not practical right now' but said that 'this movement is about building the mandate that will give us those majorities in Congress to pass progressive legislation.' When asked about Kerry's response to criticisms on his Iraq War vote, he said that 'there are legitimate concerns with John Kerry's judgement on foreign policy' and that 'virtually every foreign policy expert acknowledges that Iraq was a disaster, built on lies,' and his 'vote has been rightfully brought into question.' Brown spent the rest of the day volunteering with Rep. Susie Lee at a local college in Spring Valley, NV.

February 17th: With a continued effort to bring youthful voters into the fold, Senator Brown, Congresswoman Susie Lee, and Congresswoman Dina Titus spent the morning to afternoon making visits to local colleges, through town halls & meet and greets, in Clark County, discussing his plan for tuition-free, debt-free college, commitment to 'leading the fight' on net neutrality, investing in youth jobs training for young people, and ensuring minimum wage workers get 'a fair shake' on their paycheck. Brown emphasized the importance of young people turning out to vote 'to send the message that young people are paying attention to this election and that they want their voices heard.' He, then, holds a rally in Sunrise Manor, Nevada with Raul Grijalva, Dina Titus, and Tulsi Gabbard. At the rally, Senator Brown tells the crowd that he promised to 'fight for a living wage of $15 p/hr' to high-start wage growth after decades of wage stagnation and 'penalize corporations who pay their workers poverty wages.' Tulsi Gabbard slammed John Kerry for 'not even backing away from his Iraq War vote' and proves that 'progressives simply cannot trust John Kerry.'

February 18th: Senator Brown drives to Henderson, NV. In Henderson, he meets with AARP members at a morning breakfast, using the time to discuss his plans to lower senior poverty. Joined by Rep. Susie Lee, Senator Brown holds a series of town halls across Clark County re-explained his plan to raise middle class incomes and create 13 million good-paying jobs through infrastructure investments, emphasizing the points of tripling the earned income tax credit, raising the minimum wage to $15 p/hr, ensuring sick, vacation, and family paid leave, and investing $1 trillion in infrastructure over the next ten years because "rebuilding America includes rebuilding our middle class."

Later, Senator Brown delivered another major prime-time speech in Las Vegas, NV where he unveiled his plan to create 13 million good-paying jobs where Sherrod Brown outlined $1 trillion in infrastructure investments over the next ten years, through investments in dams, levees, highways, bridges, airports, etc. Brown pitched that it was 'crucial' that the United States acted on infrastructure, citing that 'infrastructure deficiencies have costed the U.S hundreds of billions of dollars in the last decade, we must act now.'

February 19th: Senator Brown traveled to North Las Vegas to hold a 'Latinos for Sherrod' event with Rep. Raul Grijalva and Rep. Dina Titus, where he mainly explained the details of his plan to raise middle class incomes and immigration reform, promising to 'reshuffle the deck for working families' to ensure that 'our hard work is rewarded with dignity once again.' In the later afternoon, Brown, accompanied by Reps. Susie Lee, Dina Titus, and Raul Grijalva held two campaign rallies in Henderson and Sparks in Nevada, where he outlines his plan to tackle 'predatory pharmaceutical companies' and protect 'the American consumer' and bolster union organizing. During the speech, Brown also laments Kerry's refusal to back down from his Iraq vote, slamming him and promising to protect our tax dollars from going to unnecessary wars, touting his vote against the Iraq War as evidence, pledging a 'systemic withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan and Syria.'

Ending the day, Senator Brown and Congresswoman Susie Lee conducted a strategy session with senior staff at the campaign HQ in Clark County.

February 20th: Senator Brown spent his morning to evening making the rounds around Clark County universities with town halls and meet & greets, discussing his plan for student loan debt relief and 'finally give our college students a break.' Brown pledged, at these events, to make sure everyone could walk away from college with "a bright future, no debt, and the ability to get a good-paying job." After touring universities, Sherrod drove to Las Vegas to hold a rally, accompanied by Rep. Dina Titus and Rep. Raul Grijalva, speaking to the crowd on his plan to bolster labor organizing used in the previous days and continued to hammer away on his refusal to back down on the Iraq War. He also presented his plan to create 13 million good-paying jobs by investing $1 trillion in infrastructure, which, he said, would 'deliver a historic economic boost for Las Vegas.' Raul Grijalva remarked that the 'latino community here in Las Vegas have an ally, a friend and a champion in Sherrod Brown.'

February 21st: Senator Brown begins the day before the Nevada caucus at a union hall in Las Vegas, where he meets with union workers before delivering a GOTV speech. Brown emphasizes the importance of union workers 'making their voice heard' and sending 'a clear message to Washington and Wall Street' that they 'want to have a shot at fair wages, work hours, and benefits.' In the afternoon, Brown phone-banks with union workers and other "Labor for Sherrod" Nevada volunteers.

In the evening, Sherrod Brown holds a final rally before the Nevada caucus in Las Vegas, joined by all big-name surrogates, including President Obama, Secretary Clinton, Governor Abrams, Senator Sanders, Congresswoman Titus, Gabbard, Grijalva and Lee. At the event, Sherrod Brown coerced his closing message before the Nevada caucus, that this campaign was about "sending a movement of working families to Washington D.C" to "fight back against a corrupt campaign finance system" and "bolster America's middle class back as the most prosperous in the world." President Obama complimented Brown, saying that his message "has been the fight of his life in Congress," while Sanders called his movement "a revolution like never seen before" and a "win in the Nevada caucus would be historic for the progressive movement." After the rally, the Brown campaign's senior staff hold a caucus strategy session with Sherrod Brown and all previously named surrogates (+ Trumka and UNITE HERE officials)

February 22nd: GOTV begins early, with Sherrod Brown and Connie Schultz visiting various diners and breakfasts across Clark County from 5 AM to 8 PM. Later in the morning, Sherrod and Connie then rally volunteers at the Nevada state headquarters in Las Vegas. Afterwards, he travels to a local retirement center to make a GOTV plan for seniors, followed by a few hours of phone-banking with volunteers. Afterwards, Sherrod and Connie drive to a pre-prepared venue where they would watch results with staff and surrogates.

As polls begin to close, the Brown campaign sends out a mass-text-and-email reminding voters that if they're in line when the polls close, they are required to be allowed to vote. Before driving to the election night rally, Brown would attend an interview on FOX News regarding the results. Once the results are clear, Senator Brown addresses his supporters at the election night rally in Las Vegas, NV.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #443 on: March 19, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott GOTV Effort in Nevada, February 22nd

Phil

Governor Scott will start the day meeting with volunteers at the Las Vegas Campaign Headquarters, and doing an hour of calling. Governor Scott will join former Senator Heller to speak to crowded halls of supporters in precincts around Las Vegas. Phil Scott will be making the case towards moderate voters stuck between him and Murkowski that he has the best record of solving problems and bridging divides, unlike Senator Murkowski who is part of Washington. Phil Scott will speak on his behalf at a Las Vegas precinct, and then continue to meet supporters at caucus houses across the city. He will retire to the Four Seasons Las Vegas to await results.

Joe

Representative Heck will meet with business leaders in the Las Vegas exurbs, promoting Phil Scott as the best candidate for job growth and tax reform. Representative Heck will meet with the local American Legion Chapters, and saying that as a Veteran he knows Phil Scott is the best candidate for cross party VA reform. Representative Heck will meet with supporters outside of caucus houses and work to get supporters on buses and as well as marching a group to precincts. He will speak on Phil Scott's behalf in precincts in Las Vegas. He will retire to the Las Vegas Four Seasons.

Dean

Senator Heller will start the day with Governor Scott rallying with supporters and meet with volunteers. He'll meet with local Republican leaders and work to convince them that Governor Scott is the best candidate for tax reform and economic growth. Senator Heller will also say that Governor Scott will break through in Washington and end gridlock. Dean will also work with volunteers to get supporters to the polls, and work with 2018 Senate Campaign staffers and volunteers to mobilize traditional Republicans to vote for Scott. He will retire to the Las Vegas Four Seasons.

Bill

Governor Weld will fly in the day before on the Scott Campaign's explicit request. Governor Weld will work to push soft libertarians and would-be Amash voters to Scott. Governor Weld will spoke on Governor Scott's behalf in Caucus houses across Las Vegas, saying to would be Amash voters that Governor Scott has a meaningful plan to reduce the deficit that he executed in Vermont. Governor Weld will discuss defense contracts, and ending the worst excesses of corporate welfare. Governor Weld will spend time with volunteers and retire to the Four Seasons.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #444 on: March 19, 2019, 11:48:40 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2019, 01:29:33 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Highlights

Sherrod Brown delivers New Hampshire concession speech

What a night, New Hampshire!

Thank you, Manchester, and thank you, New Hampshire. I said to my team that no matter what happened in this race, we were going to campaign hard in New Hampshire- and we showed that when you turn up in droves and demand action for all of us, people listen. New Hampshire sent a profound message to Wall Street, the pharmaceutical industry, and big money. For a while, we were dead last in New Hampshire by a good margin. People said it was a lost cause- but tonight, we are the clear runner ups. Let me congratulate all of you for how hard you worked to deliver us 2nd in New Hampshire.

We put out a clear message to the people of New Hampshire- we need real wage growth, we need real action for working families, we need a campaign finance system that doesn't allow big donors to buy off politicians, we need an economy where all of us can get ahead, and we need to rebuild America as the #1 country for it's middle class. We said we would take our campaign to New Hampshire, no matter what the polls said, and fight for every last vote. Tonight, that's what we did.

I congratulate Senator Kerry on his first win in this campaign. He's ran a passionate campaign in New Hampshire. I hope that going into Nevada, South Carolina, and North Dakota we can continue to wage a policy-oriented campaign and debate on the future of our party.

Throughout this campaign, I've met with great people in New Hampshire: the teacher in Concord, auto parts worker in Hanover, the nurse in Lebanon, the janitor in Durham. Their stories, their courage and their service will stay with me forever, and I promise everyone who has put value and effort into their work but not received the dignity of it- our campaign will fight for you. Now, let's show America that we're not afraid to get hit when we stand up for the hard-working men and women of our country, we're not afraid to get knocked down and most of all, when we get knocked down we get back up. Now, let's go on to Nevada, and let's show America how hard we can fight!

Press Release: Reps. Susie Lee & Dina Titus to Join Campaign Team.

Recently, Congresswoman Susie Lee of Nevada's 3rd Congressional District calling him a "champion for Nevada's working families who understands the necessity to embark on a great expansion of worker's rights along with comprehensive immigration reform." He complimented Sherrod Brown as a "real, authentic progressive" who has "been able to build this gigantic movement of working families.. it's phenomenal, really." Along with announcing her support of the Ohio Senator, she's been named as the chair to lead the campaign effort in Clark County in a recent press conference. She said that she felt "honored.. to lead the fight for this movement in my home district."

Additionally, Congresswoman Dina Titus of Nevada's 1st Congressional District, who had endorsed Brown several months back, was named to chair the campaign effort in Las Vegas. Dina said that Sherrod "was a middle class fighter that I've been proud to stand behind for the past few months, and I'm ready to join the effort to get the vote out in Las Vegas" and that she was "confident that the people of her home district trusted her ability to pick a candidate."

Sherrod Brown slams Nevada's right-to-work law: "morally incomprehensible"

"Dignity of work means hard work should pay off for everyone, and nevada workers are working harder and producing more than ever before. But their wages are flat and the cost of everything from healthcare, to rent, to college tuition is up, and thanks to big business pushing for morally incomprehensible right-to-work laws like the one here in Nevada to cripple union organizing and bargaining, workers haven't been able to stand up for the wages that they deserve. Too often big business has pit against each other to prevent us from organizing for better wages, benefits, and work hours. Nevada workers ought to get the fair shake on their paycheck that they've been earning in productivity for decades, and better yet, they should have the ability to pool the resources together to stop predatory companies from ripping off average people here in Nevada who simply want to provide for their family.

Because the real hero of this country is middle class families who have, since the founding of our nation, made this country what it is: railroads, highways, the Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge. Workers built this country, and when you fight for this country, you fight for the people who make it work. Far before it became a relevant issue, I gladly led the fight in Congress, when I went to the Congress in Ohio, to fight against these anti-labor laws that have led to the decline of the labor movement.

Let's take our fight to the White House and send a message to big business and big money at the ballot box that we are tired of laws made to cripple workers organizing. It's more than giving workers a fair wage, it's more than raising middle class incomes, it's about revitalizing the American labor movement. We must end so-called right-to-work laws in Nevada."

Sherrod Brown takes interview on Las Vegas Sun.

Q: Senator, one of Nevada's biggest issues is on the subject of immigration. 11 million undocumented immigrants currently reside in this country. What will you do to address immigration?

First of all, there's no way we're going to deport 11 million immigrants back to other countries. That is pure fable. We must remind ourselves that there are children still in school, families working hard to make a hard-earned paycheck and put food on the table, workers putting their heart and soul into their job that are undocumented. Any type of immigration reform must be humane. As President, I would push immigration reform that allows a path to citizenship for law-abiding families, dreamers and workers who are paying their taxes and just trying to live a good life.

We should not be targeting people who are working, going to school, paying taxes, and contributing to this country. True populism and true progressivism doesn't target or scapegoat immigrants or latinos. True populism fights for the little guy. But for too long, these immigrant workers have been working hard for too little. Corporations have systemically abused immigrant workers, violating labor laws, providing extremely low wages, and ignoring basic safety provisions.

We've got to crack down on corporations getting away with blatantly violating worker safety laws and mistreating undocumented workers. With a humane immigration reform plan, we can begin to address the problems stemming from immigration and reap the rewards of it as a society.

Senator Brown's 'Debt-Free College' Speech

Excerpt

If we want hard work to pay off, we have to get the cost of college under control. When Connie and I went to college, a part-time job was often enough to put you through school. The idea that you could afford that today without mountains of debt would be laughable, if it weren’t one of the biggest economic problems facing the next generation.

Last week, I talked with Melanie Drews, a student at the University of Nevada, who works two jobs to pay for school and will still face student loan bills when she graduates. It doesn’t have to be that way. Americans should be able to go to a public university and graduate debt-free. The levels of student debt in our country are outrageous and serve as a significant burden on our educated populace.

Hard work can’t pay off if you’re drowning in college debt. You ought to be able to go to a public university, and graduate debt-free. To do that, we have to make college more affordable. Americans are working hard to get an education and build a better life for themselves, and for that hard work to pay off, we have to get the cost of college under control. We must fundamentally restructure our student loan program. It makes no sense that students and their parents are forced to pay interest rates for higher education loans that are much higher than they pay for car loans or housing mortgages. We must also end the practice of the government making $127 billion over the next decade in profits from student loans.

In order to eliminate debt in college, we must systemically eliminate it through the establishment of a state-federal partnership that provides a dollar-for-dollar federal match to state higher education appropriations in exchange for a commitment to help students pay for the full cost of attendance without having to take on debt. Of course, we also need to fix this for the millions of Americans who are already staring at huge loan bills. We must also allow more Americans to refinance their student loans on better terms by allowing qualifying student borrowers to refinance their student loans down to the rates currently offered to new federal borrowers.

For hard work to pay off for all Nevadans, we must get the cost of college under control.

Sherrod Brown slams attacks on social security, lays out plan to lower senior poverty

"Social Security is the most successful government program in our nation’s history. Through good times and bad, Social Security has paid out every benefit owed to every eligible American, but repeatedly, big business and corporate lobbyists have attempted to slash into our social security benefits, putting seniors at risk, in order to pay for ridiculous tax cuts that mostly benefit the wealthiest Americans. When senior poverty is rising, this is the exact opposite direction that we should be taking.

Instead of investing in the richest Americans, we should be investing in economic security at retirement and ensuring our most vulnerable Americans still have enough to enjoy life with their kids and grandkids, not live in poverty. The most effective way to strengthen Social Security for the future is to eliminate the cap on the payroll tax on all income above $250,000 so millionaires and billionaires pay the same share as everyone else.

A plan like that would not only ensure keep social security self-solvent for more than a generation, it would increase benefits by $65 a month for most recipients and provide for a minimum social security benefit, significantly reducing senior poverty and providing the economic security that you paid in for. It is a fundamental promise to our seniors that the benefits they paid in for return when they need it the most."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad “Support” in Nevada, South Carolina, North Dakota, and Texas

“Senator Murkowski is an independent thinker. I learned early on that she’s not willing to give up a fight that she believes strongly in, or principles that she holds dearly. This means we don’t always agree, but no one can say that she doesn’t have the best interests of Americans at heart. That’s why I’ve been happy to support her campaign, and proud to call her a friend.”

“At home, I get asked sometimes, ‘What made you support Lisa?’ And well, there’s plenty of reasons. Lisa is a true maverick, and won’t let anyone but the people tell her what she should or shouldn’t stand for. She believes in our right to own a gun, that the government to stay out of the way of small business growth, and that we should all have cheap, reliable energy. I know this is what Nevada wants, and I believe it’s what America wants too.”

(Message on caucus support added in Nevada)

“Hi, I’m Lisa Murkowski, and I endorse this message from my friends, because they know my principles and values. I respectfully ask for your support at tomorrow’s caucus, because we believe in a better way for America.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2019, 09:03:31 AM »

Murkowski Campaign GOTV in Nevada

The Murkowski campaign’s GOTV in Nevada is focused on outreach to rural and suburban voters who are friendly to her pro-energy, independent policy plans, alongside heavily targeting supporters of Mitt Romney from 2012, with Murkowski personally in the Clark county suburbs. The campaign’s strategy  to hone in on a positive message, highlighting Murkowski’s energy policy, support of second amendment rights, and maverick nature in the Senate, is to help garner support of voters who are tired of politics as usual. Phone banking and canvassing efforts included details of where to and how to caucus in one’s precinct, this included a robocall from Vice President Paul Ryan, urging Romney supporters to caucus for Murkowski.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #447 on: March 20, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 09:31:54 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: His Fight.

- Ad opens with various pictures of young Sherrod Brown -

Narrator: The fight of his life.. has always been the fight for the dignity of hard work and for working families, as if they were his own family. He was an activist at an extremely young age; he organized his city's first Earth Day rally and protested the Vietnam War in high school. He was a distinguished Eagle Scout. He grew up right in the wake of the Civil Rights era, heavily impressioned by Martin Luther King's message about the dignity of labor and work, for all jobs, not just the big jobs.

- Scene cuts to young Sherrod Brown in Ohio state legislature -

He was the youngest member of the state legislature. Rather than following his conventional path and spending time wooing big donors, he spent his days in Mansfield, spending long hours in the local steelworkers union hall, listening to union members and their economic worries. That was his fight.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in civil rights march (1985) -

His fight was MLK's fight. The fight that all Americans, regardless of their race, creed, origin, or name, was rewarded with the basic dignity in their work and security in their life. His fight was about working people.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

He took that fight to Congress where he casted his first vote against NAFTA, where he casted his vote against the Iraq War, where he led the fight to rein in Wall Street and protect working people from unfair trade agreements.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown on the campaign trail -

Now, he's building a movement of working families, fighting to send that fight from the days he spent in union halls to the White House.

- Scene cuts to MLK speech in Memphis, during Sanitation Workers strike -

MLK Excerpt: "...We overlook the work and the significance of those who are not in professional jobs; of those who are not in the so-called 'big jobs.' But let me say to you tonight that whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth..."

- Scene cuts to narrator talking to camera -

Because his fight is our fight.

VO: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message.

Aired in Nevada
adamevans
United States

« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2019, 12:39:22 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Would You Still?

- ad opens with various clips of Gabbard in military uniform -

Tulsi Gabbard: In 2004, I volunteered to deploy with my fellow soldiers in Iraq. I served 2 different tours of the middle east because I felt a sense of duty to my country and my home of Hawaii. Politicians sent me and so many others to fight as pawns in the most disastrous war of the 21st century, stealing from our families, our communities, our veterans. That is not just a mistake, that is a moral wrong.

- scene shifts to Iraq War clips -

And what do we have to show for it? A country in constant peril and instability, trillions of our tax dollars wasted, hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties. It was lives like mine that politicians put on the line.

- scene shifts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

It was progressive congressmen like Sherrod Brown who rejected reckless intervention and casted their vote against the Iraq War. It was Sherrod Brown who had the correct judgement to predict the disasters of the Iraq War that I served in. And while we have brave public servants who have the judgement to foresee the biggest disaster of the 21st century, there were still 77 senators who cast their vote for it:

Tulsi Gabbard: Among these politicians was Senator John Kerry, whose poor judgement authorized one of the largest foreign policy disasters in American history, and yet, still refused to admit that his vote was wrong years later. Now is the conversation for peace, not for more regime change wars that cost us trillions away from our communities. There's only one question to ask, Senator Kerry.

Would you still vote for the Iraq War?

Voiceover: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont, Nevada and California

Reaired in Nevada, Vermont, California, Oregon, and Virginia
adamevans
United States

« Reply #449 on: March 20, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »

Surrogate Schedule

Bernie Sanders - Sanders made a visit to North Dakota to reach out to Native Americans with Brown campaign staff in bringing native voters to the fold in North Dakota. Later, he visits Nevada to hold out reach sessions and phone calls to undecided progressive and youthful voters, touting his progressive votes (i.e against the Iraq War) and plan for debt-free college.

Dina Titus - After being named to join the Brown campaign team, Congresswoman Titus holds several events, makes appearances with Brown, joins door knocking and phonebanking efforts, and coordinates GOTV plans in Las Vegas as the Representative for that district. Along the trail, she promotes Brown's "authenticity" and as a "real fighter for the middle class."

Susie Lee - Being named to lead the campaign effort in Clark County, a crucial area for Brown's campaign, she, like Congresswoman Titus, holds several events, appears with Senator Brown at rallies, joins door knocking and phonebanking efforts, and coordinates GOTV plans across Clark County, saying that Sherrod Brown "would bring back working class ethos to the Democratic Party" and mainly targeted efforts in cities over 50,000+, where most of the Democratic vote is.

Barack Obama - One of Brown's largest surrogates, he stops by in South Carolina to help coordinate campaigning efforts and reach out to African-American voters, emphasizing Brown's commitment to "ending voter suppression in the African-American community" and "fighting for MLK's dream of all work being treated with dignity." Finally, he made an appearance at Brown's final rally in Nevada, saying his message "has been the fight of his life," and helped coordinate GOTV efforts in Nevada shortly after.

Richard Trumka - Along with multiple other union organizers, Trumka spent an extensive schedule in Nevada, particularly Las Vegas, reaching out to union voters and hammering on his pro-labor proposals and track record in an effort to win historic union turnout for Brown in Nevada. Towards the end of his schedule, he holds several voter registration drives to bring out as many union voters as possible.

Robert Reich - A major figure in the labor movement, Robert Reich spent his time also delivering pitches and holding voter registration drives to local union halls in Nevada building up support among union voters in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas by pumping out the candidate's labor policies and unrivaled pro-labor record.

Raul Grijalva - Raul spent a great deal of time building up Brown's latino base, visiting more latino and immigrant communities to promote Sherrod's immigration plan as a "lifesaver for immigrant communities" and his proposal to raise the minimum wage would "jump start wage growth, which is especially stagnant among minority communities."

John Lewis - Lewis spent his entire schedule in South Carolina, holding special 'African Americans for Sherrod' events, promoting his proposals to raise the minimum wage, invest 1 trillion in infrastructure, expand social security, and lower the cost of prescription drugs. On top of this, he would hold special phone-banking and canvassing sessions all in an effort to grow Sherrod's African-American support, especially senior African-Americans.

Amy Klobuchar - Klobuchar made a round around North Dakota in her schedule, focusing on outreaches to agricultural communities, promoting Brown's plan to "put family farmers over agribusiness," and building Brown's rural support in a state which is primarily rural.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies