The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:17:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35754 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott GOTV Effort in North Dakota, February 26th

Phil

Governor Scott will spend the day in Fargo, first meeting with volunteers and supporters outside caucus houses. He will spend midday knocking on doors and organizing car trips and foot marches to precincts. In the late afternoon Governor Scott will speak on his behalf in a Fargo precinct, and then spend the last few hours before precincts close getting supporters to caucus before retiring to the Farfield Inn and Suites by Fargo Marriot.

Adam

Representative Kizinger will spend the day organizing volunteers and supporters to get to caucus in Fargo. Kizinger will speak on Governor Scott's behalf in various Fargo precincts, meet with volunteers and make calls. He will emphasize Midwestern Common Sense, and agricultural values, and how Phil Scott is the best candidate for farmers. He will conclude the day in the Marriot.

Kristi

Governor Noem will drive into Bismarck to meet with volunteers and do door knocking for most of the day, as well as meeting with local GOP officials, trying to get the local machine to get people out to caucus. Governor Noem will speak on Phil Scott's behalf at Bismarck precincts, and spend the evening rushing supporters to caucus before returning to South Dakota.

Todd

Senator Young will fly into Grand Forks international airport, where he will be greeted by Scott supporters in the airport. He will take a campaign bus into the heart of Grand Forks where he will speak to a crowd of supporters. He will spend the day in Grand Forks motivating supporters and volunteers, as well as speaking on Governor Scott's behalf in many precincts, easily standing out as a US Senator. He will emphasize Midwestern Common Sense, and win over conservatives skeptical of Scott, by emphasizing taxes and agricultural issues.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2019, 05:30:47 PM »

AMASH CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE (THROUGH SC)

Feb. 23: Arrive in Bismarck, Deliver Speech on energy independence

"Our plan is to make the country energy independent, we can't rely on other countries to hold us hostage with oil. If the government is planning on working for its citizens, foreign countries can't be holding embargoes over us. North Dakota is central to our administration's plans to do so. We'll see the state's economy bloom with all of the capital that will flow into your state."

Feb. 24: Tour state's rural areas with Rep. Cramer and Sens. Berg and Hoeven.

"Justin Amash is the Candidate who embodies the spirit of North Dakota! If you want to make your voices heard in Washington, vote for Justin!"

Feb. 25: Campaign Stop in Minot before Moving to rural areas to the north

Feb. 26th: GOTV Operations in ND, watch party in Grand Forks

P.S. Anyone else's pictures not uploading?
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:52 PM »

AMASH SURROGATE SCHEDULE THROUGH ND

Nikki Haley
Nikki Haley will cross her state delivering speeches in favor of Amash, and get her former campaign team to work on a GOTV effort for Amash

Rep. Cramer, Sens. Hoeven and Berg
The three will be crossing the state drumming up support for Amash and directing GOTV efforts using former staffers and campaign teams.

Carly Fiorina and Young Kim
Carly Fiorina and Rep. Kim will be touring California together, gathering support from the state party for Amash.

Lynn Jenkins
Fmr. Rep. Jenkins will be touring the South of North Dakota and Directing the GOTV operations for the Area.

Will Hurd
Will Hurd Will be in Texas, focusing on his district and other rural areas of the state.

Tom Tillis and Sen. Burr
Tillis and Burr will be working in South Carolina, specifically upstate around Spartanburg

Lamar Alexander
Sen. Alexander will spend apart of the week in S.C. supporting Amash before going back to TN to be a surrogate there.

Jim Inhofe
Inhofe will be working in rural Oklahoma to get the state ready for Amash's arrival, giving speeches in support of the candidate.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »

John Kerry 2020

Campaign Ad: Service

James Rassmann
John Kerry saved my life... I was thrown overboard, and John ordered his boat to turn around and pick me up, he reached out over the bow of his boat and picked me up out of the water. He deserved a helluva lot more than a Bronze Star. We were under fire, and he risked his own life to save mine. I can tell you that I wouldn't be here today without John Kerry.

John Kerry
I had already been wounded, and when James was thrown into the water we were under heavy fire from the NVA. He was trying to climb up the cargo net and he couldn't get up. So I got on my knees and lifted him over the bow. James was the real hero there.

James Rassman
John Kerry has been there, John Kerry has served, I know what I want in a President, and that is service. We lost brothers over there, and the men in Iraq and Afghanistan lost brothers there too. John Kerry is the only veteran in this field, on both sides of the aisle. If you want someone who knows what sacrifice is like, you'll vote for John Kerry. He sacrificed his body to save mine.

Im John Kerry and I approve this message...

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »

John Kerry for President

Ad: Heartland

Byron Dorgan
John Kerry stands for Midwestern values, he is a fighter for the rights of the environment, civil rights, and the family farm. Not just here, but across the nation. He was wounded in Vietnam, then he spoke out about what he saw. He was a United States Senate for 30 years, and was considered one of the top minds on foreign policy. He served our country in Vietnam, He served our country in the United States Senate, and he will continue to serve our country as President.

Earl Pomeroy
I too served with John for over a decade in Congress, he is a committed liberal in healthcare expansion, and civil rights. He has fought tirelessly for the working class, like the people of North Dakota. I support John, because of his record, and because I want a President who will win back Congress, and push for concrete change.

Heidi Heitkamp
John is a key fighter for Native Americans, Women, and all Americans. He defeated the attempts of Republicans in Congress to destroy Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare. Senator Dorgan, Rep. Pomeroy, along with thousands of other North Dakotans feel that Senator Kerry will bring Congress back into the Democratic fold, protect Social Security, and protect the hard working people of our great state.

John Kerry
We need to bring North Dakota back into the Democratic fold, I have been endorsed by 3 of the last 4 elected Democrats of the state. I want to bring Democrats back to Washington to enact legislation that is sensible and pragmatic, we need to form a coalition here, Men and Women, White and Black, Native Americans and Black Americans. All Americans can join our fight to finish the job of Great Society. I am John Kerry and I approve this message.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Campaign Schedule

February 23rd: Land in Bismarck, North Dakota, speech at Greater North Dakota Chamber of Commerce

"I've made it my job in the Senate to fight for business interests, in particular, fighting to balance the budget to protect our economic strength as a country. We must continue to simplify our tax system, reduce spending, and ensure a stable economy to protect our dollar's strength and to increase the creation of higher paying jobs. That's one of the most pressing issues we have today, the stability and growth of our economy."

February 24th: Tour of oil rigs outside of Minot, meeting with workers on the economic growth from energy production in the state, followed by a rally in Minot on the need for good stewardship of public lands

February 25th: Meeting with tribal leaders in Fort Berthold and Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation, followed by rallies in each, speaking on the need to pass Savanna's Act and her work with the community in the Senate, particularly passing the Tribal Law and Order Act

February 26th: Fly to Columbia to speak at the Chamber of Commerce on a balanced budget, watch North Dakota results with volunteers in Columbia

February 27th: Rally in Rock Hill on energy independence, town hall in Greenville on economic policy

February 28th: Tour of the Hatcher Garden and Woodland Preserve, followed by a rally on Murkowski's work on public land protection. The campaign then swings to Sumter, allowing the Senator to hold a town hall on veterans affairs

February 29th: Rally in Charleston on the need for free trade deals and their impact on the economy, GOTV operations in Charleston
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad "Second" in ND, SC, TX, TN, and WY

"I've been hunting for as long as I can remember, I think it's just what you do when you're from a more rural area. Being able to hunt for your own food is something that has long bonded my family, friends, and I, and I can not imagine dismantling such an American tradition."

"I believe in protections against the attacks being levied at the Second Amendment, which enshrines the right for us to keep and bare arms, free of infringement. This isn't just an issue of protection and safety of Americans, but also an issue of livelihood, sportsmanship, and of sustainability."

"As President, I will continue the work I've done in the Senate to not only advance the Second Amendment, but also identify attempts to inhibit it. I support this message because I believe in protecting your constitutional rights."

(May edit these photos, as right now I'm struggling to find ones that will actually post correctly.)
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #482 on: March 22, 2019, 11:50:07 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Re-Airs Ad in ND, SC, TX, NC, and VA

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad, “Our Veterans” in IA, ND, SC, and NH

“The US military is the strongest in the world. We have maintained a powerful, agile, and adept force that keeps us safe from threats at home and abroad.”

“This is why I’ve fought so hard in the senate to not only garner funding for bases and projects, but also for improving family support and preventing sexual assault.”

“Too often, politicians use our armed forces as a political football, but when it’s time to take a stand for funding or oversight on veterans issues, they’re nowhere to be found.”

“That’s why I have lead the fight  for independent oversight of the VA, fought for the return of “Care Closer to Home,” and been uncompromising in my support of our veterans.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski, and I support this message, because our veterans deserve the best.”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #483 on: March 22, 2019, 12:20:39 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 03:41:55 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott Ad #9: Best for Taxpayers

To air in North Dakota, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, California and Virginia

Narrator: Partisan Politicians in Vermont tried to raise taxes over 12 times.

But Governor Phil Scott said no, he vetoed reckless tax increases, and made Vermont more affordable.

Phil Scott brought legislators to the table, and crafted a bipartisan tax plan to reduce taxes and balance the budget. Every time.

As President, he'll do the same thing. Bring partisan politicians to the table and change the way we do taxes top down. Close tax loopholes helping big banks over small businesses, cut taxes for everyone, and cut down on red tape. (slicing noise)

Phil Scott: Uniting people to beat partisan politics, fighting for your wallet, your savings, and you.

"I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message, because I believe my plan is best for taxpayers."

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #484 on: March 22, 2019, 12:57:32 PM »

AMASH AD: FARMERS

Us farmers understand that sometimes the Government is a little too forceful in its overreach. We know that we know better than them when it comes to how we defend ourselves. We know better when it comes to regulation, we know better when it comes to privacy.

If you want a government that will understand what we want and need, join me in voting for Justin Amash.

Justin Amash, Empowering People, not Government

To air in the states of ND, OK, TN and TX
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: March 22, 2019, 06:06:38 PM »

AMASH CAMPAIGN GOTV STRATEGY

The GOTV plan for the Amash campaign includes utilizing the networks of the North Dakota elected officials who have endorsed the Representative. The Representative and Senators will use their campaign infrastructure to assist in turning out Rural Amash voters. The Candidate himself will be crossing rural counties on his way from Minot to Grand Forks where his campaign is hosting a watch party.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #486 on: March 22, 2019, 10:32:38 PM »

Lisa Murkowski North Dakota GOTV Operations

Lisa Murkowski will focus on laying the groundwork for the GOTV operation in North Dakota the day before the election. Murkowski will not only hold rallies and speak with Native communities, asking for their support, she will also record a robocall to be sent the following day. Shelley Moore Capito will fly in to Fargo the day before the election, speaking with Murkowski supporters in the city. Senator Capito will then spend her time targeting rural voters, focusing on Murkowski's work on public lands and energy. The North Dakota Chamber of Commerce will also coordinate GOTV throughout the state, highlighting the Senator's work on low taxation and balancing a budget. Finally, Governor Kim Reynolds will spend some time in the state speaking with voters in Minot on Murkowski's energy independence plan, directing them to go support her at the polls.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #487 on: March 23, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2019, 09:45:17 AM by DatGOTTho »

FAIR WARNING, EVERYONE: I'M GOING TO BE AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER FOR MOST OF THE DAY, SO IF I DON'T RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR ENDORSEMENT REQUESTS, PLEASE DON'T PANIC. I WILL GET YOUR ENDORSEMENTS SET UP BEFORE THE NORTH DAKOTA CAUCUSES THIS AFTERNOON.

Public Policy Polling Democratic Primary Poll, 5-7 February 2020
John Kerry - 33%

Sherrod Brown - 33%
Alex Sink - 33%
Undecided - 1%

Rasmussen Reports Republican Primary Poll, 5-7 February 2020
Phil Scott - 28%

Lisa Murkowski - 26%
Justin Amash - 24%
Rick Santorum - 21%
Undecided - 1%

Current Credit Totals:

Democrats
Sherrod Brown: 0
John Kerry: 0.4
Alex Sink: 0

Republicans
Justin Amash: 0.4
Lisa Murkowski: 1.4
Phil Scott: 2.6
Rick Santorum: 4.2

Independents
Rob Manfred: 4

Current Endorsements:
Democrats
Sherrod Brown
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont and runner-up in 2016
AFL-CIO, major labor union federation
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Tulsi Gabbard, House Assistant Minority Leader, US Rep. from HI-02, and former candidate
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor from California
Keith Ellison, Attorney General of Minnesota
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Ro Khanna, US Rep. from CA-17
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington and former candidate
Gary Locke, former Governor of Washington
Chris Murphy, US Senator from Connecticut
LeBron James, basketball star from California
Nina Turner, President of Our Revolution, former Ohio State Senator
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05
NARAL Pro-Choice America
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Patrick Leahy, US Senator from Vermont
Service Employees International Union
National Education Association
Brenda Lawrence, US Rep. from MI-14
Tammy Baldwin, US Senator from Wisconsin
Howard Dean, former Governor of Vermont
UNITE HERE, labor union
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Dina Titus, US Rep. from NV-01
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
United Automobile Workers
Stacey Abrams, Governor of Georgia and former candidate
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and major celebrity from California
Barack Obama, 44th POTUS from Illinois
Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee in 2016 from New York
Peter Welch, US Rep. from VT-AL
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
Mark Pocan, US Rep. from WI-02
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Des Moines Register
United Steelworkers of America
Change to Win
New Hampshire Union Leader, statewide newspaper
Andrew Gillum, Mayor of Tallahassee, Florida
Richard Cordray, former Attorney General of Ohio and Director of the CFPB
Conservation Fund
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03
Our Revolution
Tammy Duckworth, US Senator from Illinois
Debora Pignatelli, Member of the New Hampshire Executive Council from District 5
Kirsten Gillibrand, US Senator from New York
MoveOn
Concord Monitor
Ed Markey, US Senator from Massachusetts
Progressive Democrats of America
VoteVets.org
Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence
Susie Lee, US Rep. from NV-03
Kent Conrad, former US Senator from North Dakota
Michelle Obama, former FLOTUS
National Farmers Union
Bismarck Tribune

John Kerry
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
Joe Kennedy III, US Rep. from MA-04
Steny Hoyer, US Rep. from MD-05
Adam Schiff, House Minority Whip, US Rep. from CA-28
Tim Ryan, House Minority Leader, US Rep. from OH-13
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States from Delaware
Jesse Jackson, civil rights activist from Illinois
Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, US Senator from New York
Al Gore, 45th Vice President of the United States from Tennessee
Cedric Richmond, US Rep. from LA-02
Debbie Wassermann Schultz, US Rep. from FL-23
Hakeem Jeffries, US Rep. from NY-08
Jim Clyburn, US Rep. from SC-06
Terri Sewell, US Rep. from AL-07
Beto O'Rourke, former US Rep. from TX-16 and former candidate
Bill Clinton, 42nd POTUS from New York
Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and former candidate
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Bennie Thompson, US Rep. from MS-02
Earl Pomeroy, former US Rep. from ND-AL
Byron Dorgan, former US Senator from North Dakota
Harry Reid, former US Senator from Nevada
Ron Kind, US Rep. from WI-03
Heidi Heitkamp, former Attorney General of North Dakota
Nancy Pelosi, US Rep. from CA-12
Joaquin Castro, US Rep. from TX-20
Julian Castro, former Mayor of San Antonio, Texas
Jason Carter, former Georgia State Senator and grandson of Jimmy Carter
G. K. Butterfield, US Rep. from NC-01
Alma Adams, US Rep. from NC-12
Cheri Bustos, US Rep. from IL-17
Al Lawson, US Rep. from FL-05
Jim Cooper, US Rep. from TN-05
Steve Cohen, US Rep. from TN-09
Kay Hagan, US Senator from North Carolina
Ruben Gallego, US Rep. from AZ-07
Dick Durbin, Senate Minority Whip, US Senator from Illinois
Bob Casey, Jr., US Senator from Pennsylvania

Alex Sink
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
National Education Union
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, former Governor of New Hampshire
Onward Together, PAC
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California and former candidate
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Jennifer Wexton, US Rep. from VA-10
Abigail Spanberger, US Rep. from VA-07
United Farm Workers of America
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Priorities USA Action PAC
United for a Strong America PAC
Planned Parenthood
Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
American Association for Justice
Will Stewart, Alderman from Ward 2, Manchester, New Hampshire
Human Rights Campaign
Ayanna Pressley, US Rep. from MA-07
Donna Shalala, US Rep. from FL-27
Derek Eadon, Chair of the Iowa Democratic Party
American Federation of Government Employees
American Postal Workers Union
Bob Graham, former Governor of Florida
Jacky Rosen, US Senator from Nevada
Colin Allred, US Rep. from TX-32
Carpenters' Independent Conference
Steve Sisolak, Governor of Nevada
American Civil Liberties Union
Carol Shea-Porter, former US Rep. from NH-01
John Hickenlooper, former Governor of Colorado
Bill Nelson, US Senator from Florida
College Democrats of America
American Nurses' Association
Norman Yee, Member of the San Francisco Board of Directors

Republicans
Justin Amash
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Ron Paul, former US Rep. from TX-14
Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett-Packard from Virginia
Barbara Comstock, former US Rep. from VA-10
Lynn Jenkins, former US Rep. from KS-02
Martha McSally, US Senator from Arizona
Kevin Cramer, US Rep. from ND-AL
Rick Berg, US Senator from North Dakota
Will Hurd, US Rep. from TX-23
Young Kim, US Rep. from CA-39
John Hoeven, US Senator from North Dakota
Brian Sandoval, former Governor of Nevada
Jim Inhofe, US Senator from Oklahoma
Lamar Alexander, US Senator from Tennessee
Thom Tillis, former Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives
Richard Burr, US Senator from North Carolina
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Gordon MacDonald, Attorney General of New Hampshire
Nikki Haley, former Governor of South Carolina and former candidate
College Republicans of America
Mark Gordon, Governor of Wyoming
Pat Roberts, US Senator from Kansas

Lisa Murkowski
Susan Collins, US Senator from Maine
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire
Jon Huntsman, Jr., former Governor of Utah
Mia Love, US Senator from Utah
Shelley Moore Capito, US Senator from West Virginia
Tim Scott, US Senator from South Carolina
Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina
Mike Dunleavy, Governor of Alaska
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL
Scott Brown, US Secretary of State from Massachusetts
North Dakota Chamber of Commerce
South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
Rob Portman, US Senator from Ohio and former candidate
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Mike DeWine, Governor of Ohio
Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa
Paul Ryan, Vice President of the United States and former candidate
Lindsey Graham, US Senator from South Carolina
Chuck Grassley, President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate and US Senator from Iowa
John Sununu, former US Senator from New Hampshire
Judd Gregg, former US Senator from New Hampshire
Kay Bailey Hutchison, former US Senator from Texas
Carlos Curbelo, US Rep. from FL-26
Mark Amodei, US Rep. from NV-02
Ann Wagner, US Rep. from MO-02
Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama
National Rifle Association
Kay Granger, US Rep. from TX-12
Bob Corker, former US Senator from Tennessee

Rick Santorum
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Lou Barletta, former US Rep. from PA-11
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Scott Perry, US Rep. from PA-10
Scott Walker, former Governor of Wisconsin
Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas
Dan Crenshaw, US Rep. from TX-02
Doug Burgum, Governor of North Dakota
Tom Cotton, US Senator from Arkansas
Bill Cassidy, US Senator from Louisiana
David Perdue, US Senator from Georgia
National Right to Life
Tea Party Patriots
Michele Bachmann, former US Rep. from MN-06
Jim DeMint, former US Senator from South Carolina
Mark Meadows, US Rep. from NC-11
Matt Bevin, Governor of Kentucky

Phil Scott
Elise Stefanik, US Rep. from NY-21
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts and former candidate
Jim Douglas, former Governor of Vermont
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Charlie Dent, US Rep. from PA-07
Ryan Costello, US Rep. from PA-06
Chris Sununu, Governor of New Hampshire
New Hampshire Farm Bureau
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
North Dakota Farm Bureau
John Katko, US Rep. from NY-24
Adam Kinzinger, US Rep. from IL-16
New Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
Eddie Edwards, US Rep. from NH-01
Iowa Farm Bureau
New Hampshire Sheriffs' Association
Scott Taylor, US Rep. from VA-02
Kristi Noem, Governor of South Dakota
Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State
Peter King, US Rep. from NY-02
Todd Young, US Senator from Indiana
Joe Heck, former US Rep. from NV-03
Pete Stauber, US Rep. from MN-08
Richard Hanna, former US Rep. from NY-22
Fred Upton, US Rep. from MI-06
Brian Fitzpatrick, US Rep. from PA-01
Gary Herbert, Governor of Utah
Brian Mast, US Rep. from FL-18
Scott Milne, businessman from Vermont; candidate for Governor of Vermont in 2014 and US Senate from Vermont in 2016
Allan Fung, Mayor of Cranston, Rhode Island; Republican nominee for Governor of Rhode Island in 2014
Dean Heller, former US Senator from Nevada
Nevada Chamber of Commerce
Mark Sanford, US Rep. from SC-01
David Valadao, US Rep. from CA-21
Rob Wittman, US Rep. from VA-01
Virginia Chamber of Commerce

Independents
Rob Manfred
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Libertarian presidential nominee in 2016
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter
Bill Gates, founder and former CEO of Microsoft
Arnold Schwarzenegger, former Governor of California
Derek Jeter, Miami Marlins owner and MLB Hall of Famer
Gary Oldman, actor
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #488 on: March 23, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »

John Kerry
Surrogate Schedule and GOTV

John Kerry Schedule in the lead up to North Dakota

February 23- Bismarck
Meet with leaders of Organized Labor, and promise them a return to Pro-Labor, Pro-Worker policies under a Kerry administration in Fargo.

campaign with President Clinton, Rep. Pomeroy, and Senator Dorgan on healthcare reform among the Native American population near Bismarck.

Have a luncheon with local tribal leaders, and Kerry supporters in Sioux county. Discuss issues pertaining to the Native American populace of the state such as the environment.

Hold a dinner time town hall, with President Clinton, and Senator Dorgan in downtown Bismarck, where they take unscripted questions from the audience. An excerpt of which is down below.

Rachel Dodgson
When you were in the Senate, you voted for the Iraq war. My husband was killed by an IED in Fallujah in 2004. Why did you vote in favor of the war, and would you do it again today.

John Kerry
Ma'am let me start off with saying you have my deepest condolences for the loss of your husband. In 2003, we were in an entirely different world one of the greatest losses in American history had happened two years earlier, and President Bush offered us someone to blame. Now I know, that what happened in Iraq was a travesty, we should never have been involved and I sincerely regret my vote on the Authorization of the war in Iraq. It is much like what happened in Vietnam, we were misled by the President and it cost thousands of brave men their lives.

I voted in favor of the war in Iraq, because at the time we were led to believe by the intelligence community that Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction, and we were afraid they could be used to cause devastation never felt on the shores of America. When on 9/11 the towers fell, thousands died and thousands more have been killed in the recent years, if Terrorists were to procure a WMD then it wouldn't be thousands, we would be thinking of tens of thousands, possibly hundreds.

Mrs.Dodgson to answer your question truthfully, I was lied to by the President and the Intelligence community, and If I were in the position I am now, I would not have voted to authorize the war in Iraq. My policy, in the region is that we need to focus on human rights the late Jimmy Carter said, "Human Rights is the soul of our foreign policy, because it is the very soul of our nationhood." We need to exemplify that and we need to stop propping up regimes who are Anti-Democratic, and Anti-Human Rights.

To end the day, Senator Kerry meets with key personal, and surrogates in the state at a meeting over dinner to discuss the strategy and key areas/demographics of the state that they will need to appeal to.

February 24-Fargo

To begin the morning, Senator Kerry meets with local members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the American legion where he discusses the change in American foreign policy in the Middle East he will propose, as well as some key points of his domestic agenda about veterans issues.

Senator Kerry then speaks to members of the Cass county Democratic Party, of which an excerpt can be found below. He signifies the importance of unity among the party, and an expansion in healthcare across the nation. He is introduced by Fmr. AG. Heidi Heitkamp who also gave a speech to the forum, which main focus is on how Democrats can win North Dakota

Heidi Heitkamp
And without further ado the next President of the United States! Former Senator John Kerry

John Kerry
Thank you Heidi! And Thank you my fellow Democrats! We are here today to discuss one issue, how we can win here in North Dakota. I have a plan, which I have worked with Former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz on developing which will not just help us win here in North Dakota, but will help us continue the success that we have had in the preceding years in gaining control of state and local governments, because that is where we will build our party up, from the ground up we must rise.

If we have a dog catcher elected to the school board, because there was a special election because that school board member was elected to the Sheriffs office, because the Sheriff was elected to a State House seat, because that State Representative was elected to the State Senate, because that State Senator was elected to the Public Service Commission. That is good, we continue to build Democratic support at all levels of government, from the most local of positions to bigger and bigger positions which have more and more of an impact. 

The Democratic Party, is not just a party of Coastal liberals, and union workers in the midwest. We too are the party of Middle America, we are the party that supports lower taxes for the middle class and not  the billionaires, Heidi told me that people here vote based on personality, not party I hope that rings true in a few days, we need a victory here in North Dakota so we can continue building up the Democratic party here, and across the nation. So we can take back the House for the first time in 10 years, and the Senate for the first time in 6. Join with me Democrats, to form a Great Society. Thank you all!

In the Afternoon, Senator Kerry hosts a town hall asking students from North Dakota State University to ask questions, he pledges his support for lowering interest rates on college loans, and a slew of other education friendly proposals.

He holds a meet and greet and dinner with volunteers and campaign staffers, where the campaign discusses the strategy and target demographics in key areas of the state.

He finishes the night, by meeting with local Democratic leaders, with Senator Dorgan, Fmr. AG Heitkamp, and President Clinton on why they, and Democrats across the state should support Senator Kerry.

February 25-Grand Forks

Senator Kerry begins the day with a breakfast with community and business leaders of the city, and how a Kerry Presidency will be the best thing for the nation, because it will result in better education, better healthcare, and lower taxes for the middle class

Hold a rally on Middle Class tax cuts, and pro-worker policies with President Clinton, Senator Dorgan, Senator Durbin, and Senator Casey. He also champions the fact that Kerry's campaign has been endorsed by the top Democrats in both houses of Congress.

Bob Casey
Fellow Americans, and Fellow Democrats! I am endorsing John Kerry, not because he is the choice of the establishment. I am endorsing John Kerry, not because he offered me the best positions. I am endorsing John Kerry, because he is a servant of the people and a hard worker. He was wounded in Vietnam, and I can speak truly that if my father was here today he would endorse John Kerry as well, we are a United Democratic party, and we need a uniter like John Kerry to push forward into the future.

Dick Durbin
I am endorsing John Kerry, because he is a friend of working class Americans, he is our best hope to win back congress, because he is pro-middle class, and he is pro-worker. Join him North Dakota, we sure will in Chicago, we need a united party to combat the Republicans in November, and I served with John Kerry for 20 years he's the fighter we need, and he is the one we will get.

Senator Kerry will speak at a meeting of the Fire Fighters Union, and how a Kerry Presidency will target Taft-Hartley and look to repeal it to strengthen American union workers, especially those in the public sector.

In the evening Senator Kerry will hold a voter registration drive in Grand Forks, and meet with volunteers and campaign staff who will be attempting to push turnout in the eastern part of the state in favor of the Senator.

February 26-Bismarck

An early morning rock the vote rally with President Clinton, Whip Durbin, Senator Casey, Senator Dorgan, Rep. Pomeroy, AG Heitkamp, Senator Kerry talks about the importance of voting on the Democratic system, and his support for automatic voter registration, no excuse absentee balloting, and other progressive voting policies.

Senator Kerry meets with campaign staffers, and has a conference call with his leadership team in North Dakota. He discusses with President Clinton and Senator Dorgan how the early caucus numbers are looking. An excerpt of his speech is below.

Hello Bismarck! Are you ready to ROCK THE VOTE! We need every voter to come out tonight, it's looking like a close race on both sides of the aisle! The key issues we need to talk about are voting rights! We need automatic voter registration, no excuse absentee balloting, and other liberal changes to our voting rights. We need these to make sure everyone has the right to vote, and make sure no Americans are silenced.

We need these rights, just like we need healthcare, and we need education reform. Join me! Do your Democratic duty as citizens! And vote! We need to pick a strong nominee for November, by golly I know the Republicans will! If we want a stronger healthcare system, if we want to fix a broken school system, and if we want to have stronger workers, with middle class tax breaks we will vote!

Senator Dorgan, Representative Pomeroy, and President Clinton are here today because they want to help ROCK THE VOTE! We need all the voters we can get today, so we can win North Dakota now! AND So we can win it in November! I'd like to ask everyone to vote, Democrat, or Republican do your civic duty and cast your ballot. Thank you all, and god bless North Dakota!!!

At the end of the day before polls close, Senator Kerry settles in and prepares for the results to come in with Theresa, President Clinton, and Senator Dorgan with them.

GOTV Strategy

General

The general strategy for the Kerry campaign, will be to excite urban, suburban, and rural voters to vote. While turnout among Urban & Suburban voters is necessary for a victory in North Dakota, the key surrogates for the GOTV effort will be President Clinton, Senator Dorgan, Representative Pomeroy, Whip Durbin, Senator Casey, and Attorney General Heitkamp. Their specific campaigns will be listed below.

President Bill Clinton (AR)

President Clinton will traverse the state in the lead up to Caucus day, he will meet with leaders of the Democratic Party of the state multiple times, and he will also focus on getting Native Americans and Urban voters to turnout. He will focus on Kerry's positioning on environmental, healthcare, and education issues. He will also appear with Senator Kerry multiple times, and spend a large amount of time in the states largest city of Fargo.

Senator Byron Dorgan (ND)
Senator Dorgan will be a key part of the Kerry campaign, he will be focusing heavily on the Native American voters, he will also bring up key points on the Senators campaign of protecting sacred areas, limiting eminent domain, expanding access to healthcare, and education reform. He will begin in Sioux county and continue to other areas of the state with large native populations.

Representative Earl Pomeroy (ND)

Representative Pomeroy [ will be campaigning among rural white voters in the central, and western portions of the state. His main goals, will be to highlight Senator Kerry's support of pro-worker, pro-middle class policies, and his support of middle class tax cuts, healthcare expansion, and education reform. He will make multiple appearances with Senator Kerry in his campaign, before caucus day. 

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (IL)

Senator Durbin will be campaigning in key parts of the state attempting to reach out to working class voters that may be tempted to support Senator Brown. He will highlight how top leaders in both houses of congress have supported Kerry, because he is the best chance for the party to win back Congress, and the country. He will campaign heavily, among urban and exurban communities focusing on middle class tax breaks, social security, healthcare expansion, and union rights. He will also deliver his endorsement at a rally in Grand Forks a few days before the Caucus.

Attorney General Heidi Heitkamp (ND)

Attorney General Heitkamp, will be focusing on mobilizing the female vote away from Senator Brown, and Governor Sink and towards Kerry. She will appear at multiple luncheons and forums for women in government and local feminist societies trying to convince voters from across the state that Senator Kerry is the strongest on women's issues, as well as his support for workers rights, middle class tax breaks, and healthcare expansion.

Senator Bob Casey Jr. (PA)
Senator Casey will be focusing on the working class voters of the state much like Whip Durbin, and Senator Dorgan. He will be campaigning heavily on Kerry's support for middle class tax breaks, union rights, healthcare expansion, and education reform. His key areas will be the western portion of the state, where he will make multiple appearances with Senator Kerry after his endorsement rally in Grand Forks. He will campaign heavily in both Grand Forks, and in Fargo
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: March 23, 2019, 04:29:57 PM »

So, due to circumstances out of anyone's control, the results of the North Dakota caucuses will be delayed until tonight. Thanks for understanding, all!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #490 on: March 23, 2019, 06:02:52 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 04:50:07 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

February 23rd: The Brown campaign kicked into full-gear the day after the Nevada caucus, taking a flight early in the morning from Nevada to Bismarck. Senator Brown kicked off the 4-day campaign stretch holding a town hall at a local electrical plant, pledging to "fight like hell" to bolster union organizing, "stand up" to "predatory" pharmaceutical companies who "jack up drug prices," invest in pension security, and pitched that it was "crucial" the United States invest $1 trillion in infrastructure and create a "significant boost for North Dakota's economy."

Following the fiery town hall, Senator Brown held a press conference where he accepted the endorsement of Senator Conrad, who hailed Brown as a "vigorous fighter for North Dakota's working people" and a "public servant who knows how to stand up to special interests," touting his vote against the Iraq War. After the press conference, the two held meet & greets and town halls in local manufacturing and power plant workplaces, where Conrad boosted Brown's credibility as "a fighter for North Dakota's working class," touting endorsements from various labor unions and federations. The main theme of these events was his "dignity of work" message, how we must "revitalize the American labor movement" and ensure "one job is enough to live on." He stressed that "the way we take back states like North Dakota" is by "actually bringing back working class ethos to the Democratic Party and pushing an economic populist agenda."

February 24th: Senator Brown woke up early to hold interviews on local morning talk radio shows and the Bismarck Tribune, where he discussed his agricultural policies, expressing his commitment to ensuring "family farmers are first before huge agribusiness." He touted his role on the Senate Agricultural Committee towards "creating a modern farmer safety net" including “leading the effort” to create the ACRE program and being named legislator of the year by the National Corn Growers Association for his work on the agriculture. Later in the morning, Sherrod held a press conference to accept the endorsement of the National Farmers Union. The spokesman called him a "stalwart for American family farmers," "truly earning of this endorsement."

At noon, Senator Brown, accompanied by Senators Conrad and Baldwin, made a campaign appearance in Bismarck where he blasted John Kerry for "just being out of touch with North Dakota's working families." Senator Conrad lambasted him, saying that "chances are, your family pays more than Senator Kerry in taxes," citing his 13% tax rate and use of corporate tax havens, and that, when "push comes to shove, he stood with multimillionaires" by "proposing corporate tax cuts of his own in the 2004 campaign." Senator Brown said that, "while unity is a crucial path to a Democratic win in 2020, certainly doesn't shield you from criticism."

After, Sherrod Brown held a major agricultural policy speech, attended by both national and local media, where he outlined his plans for rural growth. During the speech, Sherrod pledged to "strengthen" the farm safety net, "create opportunities" for direct marketing of local food, "stimulating" the declining dairy industry, and "champion reforms" that keeps "more money in the hands of farmers and less for crop insurance companies." Senator Brown also proposed to "break up agribusiness monopolies" by ending bankruptcy forum shopping and make "critical" and "historic" investments in rural infrastructure, such as dams, levees, pipes, etc, and rural broadband. The main theme of the evening was how "we must put family farmers over big agribusiness." Ending the day, Sherrod met with campaign staff in Grand Forks to hold a special phonebanking and door-knocking session to young, college democrats while Sink had been mostly absent from the campaign trail, focusing on Sherrod's debt-free college proposals.

February 25th: Sherrod Brown wakes early to meet with union workers at a local union hall in Bismarck over breakfast, where he re-explained his commitment to "reinstating workplace democracy, curbing corporate crackdowns on union organizing, and repealing right-to-work laws." Afterwards, the Senator would join AFL-CIO organizers and Richard Trumka in a union rally in Bismarck, where Brown makes the star appearance. Sherrod remarks that he "will never apologize for protecting labor," and lambasted "President Romney's and the Republicans attacks on workers," pledging to "bolster labor and high-start wage growth" by repealing Taft-Hartley and other laws that stifle organized labor, including North Dakota's right-to-work law. He outlined his plan to cut middle class taxes by tripling the earned income tax credit. Trumka told the crowd that Sherrod's endorsement by the AFL-CIO and that "we must get to the polls tomorrow and send this movement to the White House."

Accompanied by Trumka, Sanders, Klobuchar and Conrad, Senator Brown finished the final day before Caucus Day holding two rallies in Fargo and Grand Forks to make concluding arguments. At the rally, Senator Conrad laid out his agricultural policies and how he would "fight for North Dakota" and slammed Kerry on his out-of-touch status while Trumka laid out his pro-labor policies and background. Sherrod, himself, made a central theme of the final rallies on how there "must be dignity in all work" and gave a sincere story to the crowd about why he wears a canary lapel pin. Following the rallies, Senator Brown meets with key campaign staff in Bismarck, including Senator Bernie Sanders, and conducted a conference call with county directors to discuss GOTV efforts.

February 26th: Overnight, Senator Brown drives from Grand Forks to Bismarck. GOTV begins early, Sherrod and Connie make visits at local diners and breakfast joints. Afterwards, he and Connie meets with voters in local union halls in Bismarck, and coordinate a GOTV plan for union workers to go out and caucus. During a drive to Fargo, Senator Brown makes GOTV calls from the back of the car. Once in Fargo, Sherrod and Connie deliver a GOTV speech, cementing the "critical nature" of a "tremendous victory" in North Dakota and what it would mean for the labor movement.

After the speech, Senator Brown drives back to Bismarck. He begins by going door knocking in the neighborhood and then visits polling places across the city as the polls begin to close. The Brown Campaign sends out a mass-text-and-email reminding voters that if they're in line when the polls close, they are required to be allowed to vote. Senator Brown, Connie Schultz, Senator Conrad, and the Brown Campaign senior staff wait for results to come in from a hotel in Bismarck. Once the results are clear, Senator Brown addresses his supporters at the Election Night rally in Fargo.

Surrogate Schedule

Senator Bernie Sanders - Senator Sanders would take his entire available schedule to hit the trail in North Dakota, where his main efforts of outreach focused on native Americans and rural voters. He used his status as a rural state senator to boost Brown's credibility as a "champion for family farms" and connected to rural voters through his plans to invest in rural infrastructure and broadband as well as his plans to "crack down" on "predatory practices, such as bankruptcy forum shopping" by "gigantic agribusiness companies who trample on family farms." Senator Sanders also made an appearance at Sherrod's final rally to promote him as a "champion of progressive values." On caucus day, he led efforts in getting out the vote in white, rural areas where he gathered a lot of support in 2016

President Barack Obama - President Obama spent most of his schedule in South Carolina, reaching out to African-American voters, and focusing his attention on Sherrod's "lifelong fight for economic security and MLK's dream of the dignity of work." Particularly, he held outreach session with African-American seniors, where he touted Brown's plan to expand social security, cut the cost of prescription drugs, and protect pensions. On North Dakota's caucus day, he made an early flight to North Dakota and held a GOTV drive in Fargo, using his signature catchphrase, "Fired up! Ready to go!" and portrayed Brown as "the middle class's champion; always has been, always will be."

First Lady Michelle Obama - A major celebrity in the African-American community and a key reason as to why Obama won the South Carolina Primary in 2008, Michelle Obama will spend her schedule reaching out to African-American women in South Carolina, focusing on his commitment to "equal pay for equal work" and a "raise in the minimum wage to ensure we get the dignity we deserve." On caucus day, Michelle joined Barack in his schedule and focused her GOTV pushes on woman, touting an endorsement from NARAL Pro-Choice America, a 100% pro-choice ranking, and consistency in support for equal pay.

Senator Kent Conrad - Senator Conrad, after endorsing Brown, spent his schedule making the rounds on local media, radio, and newspapers, as well as making several appearances with Senator Brown at events and rallies. In interviews, he explained he endorsed Sherrod Brown for his "hard work ethic in the Senate for working families" and said that he said he was "simply someone who understood North Dakota's working families best." His main efforts was focused in middle and lower income families, where he promoted Sherrod's plans to triple the earned income tax credit, and rural voters, where he laid out Sherrod's agricultural policies as laid out in his recent major speech on agricultural policy. On caucus day, he spoke at a GOTV speech in his home city of Bismarck urging voters to vote for the "middle class candidate" Sherrod Brown, touting endorsements from the AFL-CIO and other major labor unions, as well as his policies to "reinstate workplace democracy, curb corporate crackdowns on union organizing, and repealing right-to-work laws."

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka - Richard Trumka, a close Brown ally and major surrogate, flew to North Dakota and toured union halls in his schedule, where he focused on Sherrod's policies "to bring back the labor movement like never before." Trumka made a signature appearance on MSNBC where he blasted Kerry as "out of touch with labor," criticizing his proposal of corporate tax cuts in 2004 and paying a ridiculously low tax rate. He explained that Sherrod "is the best candidate we've had in years to take back the White House," re-explained Sherrod's plans to bolster organized labor, and made an appearance at Sherrod's final rally to do that. On caucus day, he led the GOTV effort for union voters, making a dozen stops at local union halls to bring them out to the polls.

Secretary Robert Reich - The Brown campaign made sure to bring Reich in as a major figure among organized labor, running a tour in almost every union hall in the state, calling Sherrod "America's largest advocate for labor." Focusing his efforts in union halls, he mainly focused his messaging on Sherrod's middle class tax cut which will "quickly raise middle class incomes" and previously explained plans to bolster organized labor. On caucus day, Robert joined the effort of Trumka by holding a GOTV speech in Grand Forks.

(re-made the schedule because the previous one was made at midnight and is trash)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #491 on: March 23, 2019, 07:20:46 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Highlights

Sherrod Brown delivers Nevada concession speech

"Thank you, Nevada!

We put up quite a fight here. I couldn't be more proud of the efforts our team accomplished today. I've told my team no matter how hard the odds seem, no matter how unlikely our chances seem to be, we will fight for every vote. In Nevada, just like New Hampshire, it seemed often like a lost cause. But you turned out in droves and tonight, we are the clear runner ups. Tonight, you sent a profound a message to Wall Street, the drug industry, the gun lobby, and their donor money. You said that we need real wage growth, we need to revitalize the labor movement and our middle class, we need to lower the ridiculous cost of prescription drugs, we need an economy that works for all.

Let me congratulate Governor Sink on her win. This night is her night. She ran a strong campaign in here and she earned every vote she got. I hope we can continue to fight an issue-oriented campaign for the next half year. Now, let's show America that we're not afraid to get hit when we stand up for the hard-working men and women of our country, we're not afraid to get knocked down and most of all, when we get knocked down we get back up. Now, let's go on to North Dakota, and let's show America how hard we can fight!"

Sherrod Brown: I'll "fight like hell" for worker's rights

"It's simple, President Romney and the Republicans have waged a war on worker's rights and we've seen the biggest decline in organized labor in our country's history because often times, they see workers organizing for fair wages as a stall between them and their profits. As productivity has gone up, the cost of living has gone up, but median wages have fallen relative to inflation; the economy is not working for working people. I spent my time in Congress fighting every single effort by Wall Street and big business to crack down on worker's rights.

I spent my early days in the state legislature listening to union workers in Cleveland, rather than wooing corporate donors. I'm running this campaign to send a message to those corporate donors that we need to bring back the era where workers have a fair shake on their paycheck and have the means to organize and accomplish it.

I'll fight like hell in the White House to make sure that happens. It's why unions like the AFL-CIO have endorsed me; I'll send this movement to the White House so we can repeal right-to-work laws like the ones in North Dakota, so we can repeal right-to-work laws, so we can repeal Taft-Hartley, so we can hold large corporations accountable when they try and stop average workers from getting a fair paycheck.

Trumka on MSNBC: John Kerry is "out of touch with labor."

Q: Richard, Senator Brown's campaign has recently called John Kerry 'out of touch' with workers, do you agree with that sentiment?

A: Well, y'know, I appreciate some of John Kerry's votes in the Senate. I really do. But he's a multi-millionaire who has proposed corporate tax cuts before, voted for several trade agreements that gutted organized labor, now he's trying to come across as an average joe who understands the struggles of workers. That's no 'passionate defender of liberalism.'  He pays less than the average family in taxes. He's worth more than $200 million and he pays, what, 13% in taxes? It's time we confront the facts: he's a multimillionaire who is out of touch with labor. I think we would be much better suited supporting a candidate who actually has roots with workers. Sherrod Brown is really out there, he really understands these struggles, and he's been fighting for workers for decades. He's my candidate and he's labor's candidate too.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #492 on: March 23, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Sherrod Brown delivers major agriculture plan: "We must put family farmers over big agribusiness."

Excerpt

Family farms have been under attack by big agribusiness and their political allies since 1950. Over 3.5 million families have lost their farms since that time, while the average acreage of a farm in the US increased by over 200 percent. The rapid growth of corporate power in the US during the 1980s played out on America’s farms, where the rate of consolidation coincided with an incredibly difficult decade for family farms. The 1990s showed some promise, with organic and specialty farming providing entry points for smaller farms, but by the 2010s, the number of farmers has once again decreased while farm acreage monopolized by big agriculture business continues to rise.

Those farmers who have weathered the onslaught of big agriculture have faced severe economic challenges. In 2017, on-farm income continued a long downward trend, with the average farm producing over $1,000 of negative income. That decline is a primary reason that net farm income has dropped by fifty percent since 2013. Agriculture has always been financially risky, but it is unacceptable that off-farm income is the only thing keeping farmers alive.

Farming has always been difficult but in recent decades, it has become increasingly strenuous, causing serious mental stresses for American farmers. The potential for financial losses, social isolation, barriers to mental health services (often completely unavailable in rural areas), and the availability of lethal means has created a suicide crisis on our farms. The most recent research from the Centers for Disease Control reveal that the suicide rate of people working in agriculture is the highest for any occupation in the United States- more than 5 times the national average and more than twice that of veterans. Even those numbers are almost certainly in error on the low side because many farm suicides look like and are categorized as farm accidents.

Though agriculture does not lack for federal support. The United States subsidizes agriculture to the tune of about $20 billion per year but unfortunately, this money is not helping where it is most desperately needed. Between 1995 and 2016, the wealthiest 10% of farmers received 77% of all subsidies and the top 1% received 26% of all subsidies, equaling $1.7 million per recipient. While hundreds of thousands of America’s farming families lost their lives and their livelihoods, corporations have swept in and taken control of our agricultural and food system. This is unacceptable.

The progressive movement in the United States started on the farms of the Midwest and now is our opportunity to regain leadership of the movement and create an agricultural and food policy that promotes economic and social justice, respects local communities, and protects the water, air, and soil that we all depend upon.

How We'll Fight For Family Farms

1.) End Predatory Practices by Agribusiness Monopolies. Our food system as it is serves primarily to increase corporate profits. It should instead provide healthy food for all Americans. The first step to getting there is to break up monopolies of agricultural inputs, food processors, and food distributors. One step in this direction is to end bankruptcy forum shopping. It would eliminate a loophole allowing out-of-state corporations conducting the majority of their business with agricultural providers in states like North Dakota to file bankruptcy under exceptionally corporate-friendly policies that leave suppliers unable to recoup losses.

2.) Historic Investments in Rural Infrastructure + Broadband. We must create a Rural Infrastructure Agency that will oversee the installation of affordable, high-speed wireless internet to all rural residences, will ensure that all rural communities have access to high-quality schools and health facilities, and provide financial and technical support to maintain transportation infrastructure.

3.) Protect Local Markets. We must continue to support the local, independent businesses serving the processing and transportation needs of small farmers. To do this, we have to prevent multinational corporations from monopolizing services that are crucial for small farmers to prosper and to feed their communities.

4.) Ensure Farm Subsides Go To Family Farmers. We must create a $750,000 income cap on farm subsidies to ensure no benefits go to corporate agribusiness over family farmers. A disproportionate amount of farm subsidies benefits big agribusiness over regular family farmers. Under the current system, a part-time farmer can have an income as high as $2.5 million from outside sources and still qualify for Federal farm benefits. I do not believe we should be handing out payments to multimillionaires, when these payments should be targeted to family farmers.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #493 on: March 23, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: His Fight.

- Ad opens with various pictures of young Sherrod Brown -

Narrator: The fight of his life.. has always been the fight for the dignity of hard work and for working families, as if they were his own family. He was an activist at an extremely young age; he organized his city's first Earth Day rally and protested the Vietnam War in high school. He was a distinguished Eagle Scout. He grew up right in the wake of the Civil Rights era, heavily impressioned by Martin Luther King's message about the dignity of labor and work, for all jobs, not just the big jobs.

- Scene cuts to young Sherrod Brown in Ohio state legislature -

He was the youngest member of the state legislature. Rather than following his conventional path and spending time wooing big donors, he spent his days in Mansfield, spending long hours in the local steelworkers union hall, listening to union members and their economic worries. That was his fight.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in civil rights march (1985) -

His fight was MLK's fight. The fight that all Americans, regardless of their race, creed, origin, or name, was rewarded with the basic dignity in their work and security in their life. His fight was about working people.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown in Congress -

He took that fight to Congress where he casted his first vote against NAFTA, where he casted his vote against the Iraq War, where he led the fight to rein in Wall Street and protect working people from unfair trade agreements.

- Scene cuts to Sherrod Brown on the campaign trail -

Now, he's building a movement of working families, fighting to send that fight from the days he spent in union halls to the White House.

- Scene cuts to MLK speech in Memphis, during Sanitation Workers strike -

MLK Excerpt: "...We overlook the work and the significance of those who are not in professional jobs; of those who are not in the so-called 'big jobs.' But let me say to you tonight that whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth..."

- Scene cuts to narrator talking to camera -

Because his fight is our fight.

VO: I'm Sherrod Brown & I approve this message.

Aired in Nevada

Rerunning this ad in North Dakota and South Carolina.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:17 PM »

Election Night 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Megyn Kelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCibE6jbkT8&list=RDQMHRAVROm2E_4&index=1

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Kelly: And I'm Megyn Kelly. And we're here to bring you the results of the 2020 North Dakota caucuses!

Carlson: That's right, Megyn. We're going to be bringing you live updates on the results out of Nevada. You'd better hold on, folks, because it's...

Both: Election Night in America!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 23, 2019, 08:04:08 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 01:57:20 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: Out of Touch.

"I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message."

"Families work hard, stretch every penny, but chances are you pay a higher tax rate..."

"..than him. John Kerry is worth over 200 million, yet he paid 13% in taxes in 2003, probably less than you."

"No surprise; in 2004, he proposed a plan to give millionaires like him a corporate tax cut, he supported trade deals that ripped off American workers and family farmers, he joined Republicans in voting to gut welfare."

"That's no 'passionate defender of liberalism.'"

"John Kerry: out of touch with the middle class, out of touch with Democratic values."

(oops this is a little late)

Aired in North Dakota, South Carolina, Vermont, and California
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: March 23, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we're back, with the first results trickling in from across the state; already 25% reporting at this time.

Democrats
John Kerry - 36.47% (2735 votes)
Sherrod Brown - 34.84% (2613 votes)
Alex Sink - 28.69% (2152 votes)

Republicans
Justin Amash - 27.61% (6903 votes)
Rick Santorum - 27.18% (6795 votes)
Phil Scott - 22.62% (5655 votes)
Lisa Murkowski - 22.59% (5648 votes)

Kelly: And that is all we have right now. Still very early, with a large majority of the vote still out. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: March 23, 2019, 08:31:29 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we're back, with new results coming in from across the state; already 50% reporting at this time.

Democrats
John Kerry - 37.02% (5553 votes)
Sherrod Brown - 34.51% (5177 votes)
Alex Sink - 28.47% (4271 votes)

Republicans
Justin Amash - 27.41% (13705 votes)
Rick Santorum - 26.90% (13450 votes)
Phil Scott - 23.01% (11505 votes)
Lisa Murkowski - 22.68% (11340 votes)

Kelly: And that is all we have right now. Still early, with half of the vote still out. Stay tuned.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #498 on: March 23, 2019, 08:34:05 PM »

Can't believe I'm getting above 15% here to be honest.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #499 on: March 23, 2019, 08:37:50 PM »

Phil Scott Election Headquarters: Update

Anxious supporters await result.....

Country/Midwest music playing, light alcohol drinks being served....

Adam Kizinger mingling with the crowd.......

Phil Scott awaiting rural results.....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies