The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:54:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35741 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »

Election Night 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Megyn Kelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCibE6jbkT8&list=RDQMHRAVROm2E_4&index=1

Kelly: And we can make a major projection, with 84% of the vote reporting.

JOHN KERRY WINS THE NORTH DAKOTA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Kelly: This is Kerry's second victory in this campaign, but by a fairly close margin. Stay tuned.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #501 on: March 23, 2019, 08:49:40 PM »

Phil Scott Tweet

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we can make a major projection, with 96% of the vote reporting.

JUSTIN AMASH WINS THE NORTH DAKOTA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Kelly: This is Amash's second victory in a row, a shock from a Representative who, at the beginning of this campaign, was written off as a non-entity, even if Rick Santorum will finish close behind. Stay tuned.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #503 on: March 23, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

AMASH RESPONDS TO ND WIN

"Thank you, North Dakota! As I move on through the process, everyone who votes, donates and supports me is one more reason to win, and you just gave me a whole lot more!"

*Cheers*

"Right now, I'm going to move to South Carolina and join my Good friend Nikki Haley there, thank you for bringing me one step closer to the nomination! God Bless North Dakota!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2019, 09:16:25 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we're back, with the final statewide results now in.

Democrats
John Kerry - 36.71% (11013 votes)
Sherrod Brown - 34.94% (10482 votes)
Alex Sink - 28.35% (8505 votes)

Republicans
Justin Amash - 27.14% (27142 votes)
Rick Santorum - 27.03% (27031 votes)
Phil Scott - 22.95% (22951 votes)
Lisa Murkowski - 22.88% (22876 votes)

Kelly: And that is all we have for tonight. Delegate counts will be out shortly. Thanks for joining us for...

Both: Election Night in America!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »

Delegate totals:

Democrats
Sherrod Brown - 50
John Kerry - 50
Alex Sink - 48

Republicans
Phil Scott - 32
Justin Amash - 32
Lisa Murkowski - 27
Rick Santorum - 25

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #506 on: March 23, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Tweets Out Response to ND Results

(I can’t embed a lot of photos for some reason, so I’m just going to craft the tweet manually)

@LisaforUS:
I’m so grateful for the incredible support out of North Dakota tonight. It’s wonderful to see candidates taking rural areas seriously this year. Onward to South Carolina!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »

RE-RUN OF AD IN CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, MICHIGAN, MONTANA, IDAHO, UTAH, ARIZONA, AND MISSISSIPPI

ALEX SINK AD, "IN IT FOR AMERICA" AIRED IN IOWA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, CALIFORNIA, NEW MEXICO, VIRGINIA

Veterans fight for America, they fight for their families, and for their future. Veterans deserve a Healthcare System, and a Veteran's Affairs Department that works for them. As Governor I signed Veteran's Choice, allowing Veterans to receive the best care possible, and the best doctor possible. I'm in it for Veterans.

Farmers all across America ensure that our society and country have food. That we can put food on the table for our families. That we can make sure that we don't go hungry. Farmers are the grassroots of the reason America is so great, and they deserve to have enough for their family to. As Governor of Florida, I signed the bill allowing Ethanol Year Round, creating jobs, and boosting the economy. I'll do that nationwide, because I'm in it for Farmers.

Students throughout our country attend great colleges, are extremely educated, and will go on to have great jobs. Yet, they won't ever be able to pay off their Student Loans. They'll be paying off something, they won't ever be able to pay off. That is unacceptable, and I took action. As Governor I made Florida a Tuition-Free State, and I'll make that a policy nationwide. I'm in for the Students, throughout America.

Families across America have to deal with High Medical Bills, they have to deal with the fact that they may not be able to pay off their Medical Bills. I as Governor, said, "The people of Florida deserve to spend money on their family, not on a broken leg." So, I took action, I made Florida a state that guarantees Medicare for All. America needs this same policy, and I've got the guts to do it, because I'm in it for American Families.

I'm Alex Sink, and well, as you can see, I'm in it for you.

I'm Alex Sink and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2019, 07:53:25 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 06:10:22 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

'This campaign is far from over' Sherrod Brown concedes North Dakota caucus.

"Thank you very much! Thank you, North Dakota!

Just a few moments ago, I made a call to Senator Kerry to congratulate him and his campaign on his win tonight. I want to take this opportunity to thank both Governor Sink and Senator Kerry for waging a very vigorous campaign here in North Dakota. I am overwhelmed and I am astonished by the amount of support that I have received in this campaign. It began nearly a year ago in my home town of Mansfield, Ohio where we embarked on a journey to restore American democracy, revitalize the middle class, and rebuild America. That's the campaign we built.

I am moved by the amount of support that this movement has received. I am grateful for the campaign that you have been willing to run with me and grateful for the campaign that he has run as well. Tonight, we wanted to come here and to declare a North Dakota victory. We got awful close. Unfortunately, in politics, close doesn't count for the first slot, but it does count. And the reason that I want to encourage you tonight is to remind you that politics, and particularly this year more than perhaps any other, this is not an event, it is a process. And the process is far, far from over. This campaign is far, far from over.

I'm deeply grateful to our North Dakota team working day in and day out. I cannot begin to say thanks enough for our staff. And then the volunteers. Many of you have come here from all over America at your own expense. You built the energy that this grassroots campaign needed to get off the ground in the first place.

Let me just say that tonight is not a time to start asking, what if? It's a time to start talking about, what now? And we're not going to sit around and second guess, well, what if we had done -- what if -- no. You know what? I feel like that our effort here, we gave everything we had. We left it all on the field. I don't want anyone who worked in this campaign, from our volunteers to our staff, to feel anything other than an extraordinary sense of pride, and also a sense of just sheer joy that we got as far as we did.

Let me tell you and remind you how we got here. It wasn't because we had the most money, the most resources, the most polls, the most focus groups. Here is what we had. What we had was we had a message that has connected and continues to connect with people all over this country who have feared that they have been forgotten and have become invisible to Wall Street and Washington. We will reignite the dignity in labor and rebuild America because when you fight for this country, you fight for the people who make it work. They fear that maybe they don't matter just as much, because what they really want is they want a government that will have their backs when they fight for fair wages. They want a government that relieves the burden of student debt and tuition, and finally start acting on the 40 year decline of the middle class.

That movement and message is far from over tonight. And that's why I don't want us to leave here saying, the game has ended. No, we have just finished one of the quarters of play. Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know we don't lose tonight.

It's on from here. With South Carolina in a few days and Super Tuesday in a few weeks, where I'm sure we'll win many states, we have got a lot of miles ahead of us. It's a long process and a long path. But I want to make sure that you know that after you get just a little bit of sleep, we need you back ready, able and willing to take this incredible grassroots movement to the White House. Thank you, God bless you, and good night."
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:39 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 10:59:57 PM by jakobisgood »

ALEX SINK AD, "TROOPS" AIRED IN SOUTH CAROLINA, AND ALL SUPER TUESDAY STATES

Narrator: Very few votes in Congress are as important as funding our troops. John Kerry voted for the Iraq War, and he voted later against funding our soldiers.

Footage of the Vote:

Senate Clerk: Mr. Kerry

Announcer: No

Announcer: Body Armor for Troops

Announcer: No.

Announcer: Higher Combat Pay.

Announcer: No.

Announcer: And, better health care for reservists and their families...

Announcer: No

Narrator: John Kerry, Wrong on Protecting Veterans. Wrong for America.

I'm Alex Sink and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »

Manfred campaign ad that airs in all 50 states
As we hit a new decade the two party system seems to be stuck in the past

John Kerry really?

Rick Santorum really?

Two career politicians with the same old views as yesturyear?

Is this really the best they can come up with candidates that will say anything to please their donors?

Well if you are about give up there is a candidate that is bipartisan and fighting for you and that is Rob Manfred!!

Manfred is fighting for what you need such as better education for all! a balanced budget!,middle class tax cuts!,pulling out of endless wars!,making sure the richest people in Amercia pay the most in taxes, Cute wasteful regulations and spending, fight for  marijuana and kreatom nationwide legalization, Brining back Glass Stegall and campaign finance reform.

If there is a candidate that is fighting for you it is him!

Rob Manfred 2020 a Amercia for all!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 07:25:09 AM by jakobisgood »

New Alex Sink Endorsements

Governor of North Carolina Roy Cooper

Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti

Senator of Virginia Mark Warner

American Nurses' Association

Chair of the San Francisco Board of Directors Norman Yee

Senator of Florida Bill Nelson

College Democrats of America

Former Governor of Colorado John Hickenlooper

All approved to use by the GM.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: March 25, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad "Leadership" in SC, TX, CA, VA, and NC

"The United States is the strongest, most independent country in the world. We have incomparable respect from our allies abroad due to this strength."

"While in the Senate, Lisa Murkowski has made this international leadership a cornerstone of her legislative focus. She has not only voted to keep funding up to maintain peace abroad, but has also fought for reforms to handle sexual assault and increase veterans' healthcare coverage."

"Senator Murkowski has fought tirelessly to be sure that our freedoms are secure, and to maintain the United States' position as the leader of the free world."

"I'm Lisa Murkowski and I support this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #513 on: March 25, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »

Lisa Murkowski South Carolina Surrogate Schedule and GOTV

Senator Tim Scott

Senator Lisa Murkowski spent most of election day in North Charleston, meeting with voters on energy independence and balancing environmental and economic concerns when it comes to a national energy profile. Senator Murkowski surprised volunteers and supporters by joining them in both a canvassing and later phone bank shift. The Senator highlighted her maverick views, support of the second amendment, and work with veterans and the military. Finally, Senator Murkowski watched results from her hotel in Columbia, before joining supporters at the watch party.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 08:43:17 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Mark

Representative Mark Sanford will spend the day in Charleston meeting with supporters, doing calls, door knocking, and other GOTV activities. Sanford will meet with supporters, and speak to a large crowd of supporters in Charleston in the morning. He will retire to the Charleston headquarters.

Mike

Senator Braun will be making his first campaign stops for the Scott campaign. He will fly into Charleston on the 28th, and meet with supporters in the heart of the city, where he will campaign in diners, stores, and meet with volunteers and door knock with them. He will present Phil Scott as an outsider fighting party machines and partisan politics, just like himself. He will retire to the Phil Scott Charleston headquarters, where he will be the keynote speech once results are clear.

Brian

Representative Brian Mast will have been on the Atlantic Coast of South Carolina, touring fisheries, small businesses and cities and towns for some time. On primary day, he will be in Charleston holding town halls, and attempting to sway undecideds. He will present Phil Scott as a get-things-done leader, and someone who will bring taxes and spending under control. He will join Senator Braun and Representative Sanford in the Charleston Marriott.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »

Wait, what date is the primary irl?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Tomorrow I believe
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2019, 05:27:15 PM »

That is correct.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2019, 01:36:01 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2019, 06:59:34 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: In My Time.

Narrated by John Lewis

"Fifty five years ago.. I marched on Selma."

"In my time, equality was a radical idea. Dignity in all work was a radical idea."

"But heroes rose up; they dreamed, they envisioned, they sought to do the impossible."

"Martin Luther King Jr. envisioned a nation where all workers, black, white, latino, would be treated with the basic dignity and respect in their painstaking labor. Today, we know that dream is not yet accomplished."

"When more than half of minorities are not even paid $15 per hour,
we know the dream is long from over."

"But people listen to his dream and they believe in his dream."

"People, like Sherrod Brown, who take a stand against mass incarceration and voter suppression."

"..who fight for fair wages and good-paying jobs.."

"..who reject the conventional path of wooing big donors.."

"..who fight for the basic dignity in all painstaking hard work, so that it pays off with good wages.."

"..people, like Sherrod Brown, who fight for the dream."

"I'm Sherrod Brown and I approve this message."

Aired in South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, and California
adamevans
United States

« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule.

February 27th: Senator Brown held an early morning press conference in Bismarck where he thanked his supporters, surrogates, and staff for “working tirelessly” to deliver last night’s results and pledged to “take the fight” to South Carolina and Super Tuesday. After, Sherrod took a flight from Bismarck to Columbia. In Columbia, Sherrod Brown met with local African-American social and religious leaders, accompanied by Congressman John Lewis, to hold a roundtable discussion on unemployment, wages and “ushering in an era of racial justice.” Walking out of the meeting, Senator Brown told reporters that “the way to solve racial disparities is the existence of a strong social safety net, wages that people can live on, cracking down on police abuse, and ending the era of mass incarceration.” 

In the afternoon, Senator Brown went to SC-06, joined by First Lady Michelle Obama, to hold a few meet & greets and town halls in African-American, rural communities where he outlined his plan to boost incomes by tripling the earned income tax credit, more funding for public school infrastructure and quality, and touted his $1T infrastructure plan to “end the inescapable poverty that many South Carolinians have found themselves in.” Michelle touted Brown’s commitment to “equal pay for equal work” so that “every woman in South Carolina has the chance to get a fair paycheck” and affirmed that "African-American women have a friend and a fighter in Sherrod Brown,” urging them to “make their voices heard in this primary and support Sherrod Brown.”

Later, in the evening, Sherrod held a rally in Charleston, accompanied by Barack and Michelle Obama, slamming President Romney for “ignoring the racial disparities and deep poverty we see in cities like these” and pledged an “aggressive fight against income inequality” as President and reaffirmed his commitment to automatic voter registration, lowering senior poverty, and raising the minimum wage to $15 p/hr “to ensure everyone has the wages to afford basic necessities.”

February 28th: Sherrod Brown met with AARP members in the morning to discuss his plan to lower senior poverty through expanding social security and lowering the cost of prescription drugs in order to “halt the rise of senior poverty, especially senior African-Americans.” Later in the morning, Sherrod drove to Charleston to meet with campaign staff and hold a special phone-banking and canvassing session targeted at African-American voters in SC-06. After phone-banking for a few hours, Senator Brown drove up to Greer, SC to tour the BMW manufacturing plant and meet with workers, affirming his fight “for all workers, white & black, union & non-union” and that “when you fight for this country, you fight for the people who make it work”

As the sun began to set, the Brown campaign conducted a conference call with county directors and precinct captains in preparation for the South Carolina primary. Sherrod drove back to Columbia to hold a GOTV rally with Governor Stacey Abrams, who had mostly been silent after endorsing Senator Brown until now, to praise Sherrod Brown’s
“consistently progressive record” in Congress. At the rally, Sherrod Brown re-explained his plan to revitalize the middle class, emphasizing large infrastructure investments, $15 minimum wage, an end to mass incarceration and voter suppression, middle class tax breaks, and quality, affordable education for all.

February 29th: Senator Brown begins the day by door-knocking in Columbia before traveling to the South Carolina State Headquarters to make an hours worth of GOTV calls with volunteers. After, Sherrod Brown, accompanied by Congressman John Lewis, meets with NAACP officials to discuss a GOTV plan for African-Americans before driving to Charleston to hold a GOTV stump speech urging voters to "make their voices heard" and "send a resounding message to President Romney and the Republicans." Afterwards, Sherrod met with voters at local diners, discussing economic worries.

As the sun began to set, Senator Brown traveled to a prepared venue to watch the results come in accompanied by staff and surrogates. The Brown campaign sends out a mass-text-and-email reminding voters that if they're in line when the polls close, they are required to be allowed to vote. Once the results are clear, Sherrod drives down to the election night rally to address supporters on South Carolina Primary results.

Surrogate Schedule

President Barack Obama reached out to African-American voters in SC-06, focusing on ending mass incarceration, taking on police misconduct, investing in schools and education, and infrastructure investments; affirming that Senator Brown "fights like hell" for African-American families, touting Brown's "dignity of work" fight, and Brown's work in the Senate to pass Dodd-Frank banking regulations during his Presidency.

First Lady Michelle Obama focusing on outreaching to African-American women, especially older women, in SC-06, where she focused on equal pay for women, quality education investment, social security expansion, middle class tax cuts, and paid family leave; she instilled confidence that African-American woman can trust Senator Brown "because he's been fighting for these issues his entire career" and appeared at several events with Sherrod Brown.

Governor Stacey Abrams finally kicked into the campaign trail for Sherrod with a sit-down interview before joining the campaign in urban South Carolina where she targeted middle-class African-Americans focusing on a $15 minimum wage, ending mass incarceration, cracking down on police misconduct and racial profiling, and automatic voter registration; saying that Sherrod Brown is "a great friend of mine, who I'm sure is ready to unleash progressive action" before slamming John Kerry along the campaign trail for his support of corporate tax cuts and gutting welfare. She spent most of her time in the state's largest cities of Columbus and Charleston.

Congressman John Lewis held several outreach sessions with local African-American political and religious leaders, as well as held several 'African Americans for Sherrod' events, as a top African-American surrogate in the Brown campaign, focusing on his proposals to solve racial disparities and boost middle-class incomes, mainly focusing in urban centers on the coast + Columbia & Greenville.

Senator Bernie Sanders made an extensive visit to Oklahoma to lock up the state for Sherrod Brown where he mainly focused on areas that went heavily for him in the 2016 Democratic Primaries, outlining Sherrod's plan for agricultural and rural communities, infrastructure investments, middle class tax cuts, and tuition-free, debt-free college; calling Sherrod Brown "a truly authentic advocate for family farmers and all working families."

Connie Schultz took a flight to Wyoming to stump and rally volunteers there, focusing on Sherrod's plan for the environment and middle class tax cuts.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #520 on: March 27, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »

John Kerry for President

Schedule/GOTV Effort for the South Carolina Primary

February 26 North Dakota-Charleston

In the wee hours of the 26th Senator Kerry gave a victory speech in North Dakota following his win the night before in it's contest before a crowd of cheering supporters. An excerpt of the speech is below, this was a key victory for the Kerry campaign as heavy campaign, along with good surrogates, and a strong ground game delivered the state in the end.

North Dakota Victory Speech
I wanna thank all of you here tonight, I want to thank President Clinton, Attorney General Heitkamp, Representative Pomeroy, and Senator Dorgan especially for giving us this great boost of momentum going into South Carolina and beyond. We need to be a united force, and a guiding force in this time of great disunity and peril. We will defeat the Republicans in November, and we will win back Congress and the white house!

When we started this campaign, we were laughed at and taunted. But we have proved the political elite wrong! In Washington, I cast a vote that created 20 million new jobs. In Washington, I grilled Oliver North on his dealings with the Contras in Nicaragua, and in Congress I fought for the little guy, the one who we don't pay enough attention to anymore.

We need to continue the fight, of those who came before us. We learned 4 and 8 years ago we needed ideas that change the landscape, and that's what we're getting. President Romney, and Vice President Ryan, I say this now and it will be the rallying cry for our party in November, 8 is enough. 8 years of conservative job killing policies.

When he lands in Charleston, he makes a campaign stop at the American Legion, and Veterans of Foreign Wars posts. He talks about his record as a veteran, and on veterans issues attempting to attract Independent, and possibly Republican voters in this all-so important primary state.

At a rally in Charleston on education, and healthcare. Senator Kerry appears with Representative Clyburn, Representative Sewell, Representative Lawson, Representative Thompson, Representative Richmond, Senator Hagan, Preisdent Clinton, Vice President Gore, and Vice President Biden. Senator Kerry expresses support for Healthcare expansion, and education reform.

A speech and vigil at the Emmanuel African Methodist Episcopalian Church on combatting racial tensions and gun violence, he calls for increased action against gun violence with Rep. Al Lawson, Rep. Jim Clyburn, Jason Carter, Bill Clinton, and leaders of the African American community.

February 27 Columbia

Senator Kerry begins the day with a breakfast with College Democrats, of the University of South Carolina. He speaks to the students about the importance of political organization, and civil activism. He also, meets with members of the student government and discusses his history with Student Government as well. 

Later, he has a meet and greet and Q&A at the University of South Carolina, his questions are from the audience at random, but most of them seem to center on Senator Kerry's gun control policy, his plans for the expansion of healthcare, and student loan forgiveness. He also outlines a plan to continue to reshape the environment of the national political machine with his issue/policy driven campaign staying away from Attack ad's.

He holds a rally with, Reverend Jesse Jackson, G.K. Butterfield, Alma Adams, Al Lawson, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, among others. They focus on his issue based campaign, and his work to create new jobs in South Carolina and across the nation, the rally is streamed onto Kerry's website as well.

To end the night, he meets with leaders of local black organizations and pledges to support Affirmative Action policies, along with more progressive voting rights legislation in South Carolina, and across the United States.

February 28 Greenville

Senator Kerry begins the day before the primary endorsing the workers of the Greenville BMW Plants right to join the UAW. Calling the attacks on their right to organize, "Criminal" and "UnAmerican". He attempts to rally support in the northern city of Greenville as it could lead to a crucial victory in the state he appears with Vice President Biden, Vice President Gore, and President Clinton at the UAW plant.

He campaigns in the heart of Greenville, campaigning as a friend to the working class, he highlights his record of casting votes in the Senate that create jobs, and supporting legislation that will lead to an economic boom, that will create millions of new jobs in the nation.

Senator Kerry appears with President Clinton, Vice President Gore, and Vice President Biden at Furman University in Greenville to rally support among possible supporters of Senator Brown, and Governor Sink. He touts his record as an effective fighter for education, and an effective fighter for the rights of students and the impoverished.

To end the day, Senator Kerry speaks at a Union hall near Greenville, touting his support for the working class. One of his key focuses in the primary are those who vote Democrat in the primary due to registration. He touts his record of job creation as well, with President Clinton, Vice President Gore, and Vice President Biden.

Surrogate GOTV Strategies

General Strategy

The general strategy for the campaign will be to turnout African American, and working class voters. The strongest area will likely be the 6th Congressional district, along with Charleston, and Columbia. While, many key surrogates will focus on appealing to African American voters in the rural areas of the state. The key message of the campaign will be the economy, middle class tax cuts, education, and healthcare expansion. The campaign believes if the voters vote based on those issues Kerry can pull out a victory.

President Bill Clinton (AR)

While an iconic figure to many African Americans in South Carolina, President Clinton will focus on appealing to many of the white working class and campaign heavily in the western part of the state specifically in Greenville. He will campaign on Kerry's record on Social Security, Medicare, and Middle Class tax cuts.

Senator Kay Hagan (NC)

Senator Hagan from the neighboring state of North Carolina, will campaign heavily in the same area as President Clinton as she attempts to win support of white working class voters in the state, specifically she will focus on Charleston and Columbia as well as the center of the state. She will campaign on Tax cuts, Education, and Social Security.

Vice President Joe Biden

Vice President Biden will campaign among the working class communities of Charleston, he will advocate Senator Kerry's record on casting a vote that lead to the creation of 20 million jobs in the Senate. And how Senator Kerry has been a fighter for healthcare, and for protecting social security during his time in the Senate.

Vice President Al Gore

Vice President Gore will campaign in the centre part of the state campaigning on Senator Kerry's support of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Healthcare expansion. He will also attempt to spur turnout amongst many of the voters who had supported President Clinton and himself in the 1990's.

Representative Jim Clyburn

A native of South Carolina, Representative Clyburn will campaign exclusively in his home 6th congressional district. He will focus on bringing up turnout in key areas and bringing up turnout in his district as a whole, focusing on Senator Kerry's pledge to keep on fighting for civil rights and his experience in government, he will also make a few appearances with Senator Kerry in Charleston.

Representative Terri Sewell

Representative Sewell will be campaigning for Senator Kerry primarily in the 6th congressional district on the same issues as Rep. Clyburn, she will also focus on his support of gun control measures and how he has a great support from the southern african american community.

Reverend Jesse Jackson

Reverend Jackson will spend his day in South Charleston doing doorknocking, and attempting to bring out as many African American voters as possible for Senator Kerry, he will also campaign among younger voters, the hope is many of his primary voters from 1988 will carry Senator Kerry to victory in South Carolina.

Representative Bennie Thompson

Representative Thompson will focus on bringing the black vote out for Senator Kerry in places outside of the 6th district he will heavily focus on the northern and central parts of the state, as well as the eastern coastline and many rural areas.

Representative Al Lawson

Representative Lawson will be focusing on bringing up black turnout in the area near Greenville, and pushing the voters there closer to the finish line and bring in many needed volunteers to lay the groundwork for a general election campaign.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #521 on: March 27, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2019, 04:30:26 PM by Barron »

Organizational Support

National Association for the Advancement of Colored Peoples

The NAACP ran an extensive field campaign, using volunteers of their own, across the state to support Senator Brown using their influence and size to target African-American voters statewide, helping bring them to Brown's fold, focusing on the issues of prison reform, criminal justice reform, and infrastructure investments. They also made around on local media circuits, as well delivering press releases of their own, to promote Senator Brown's reputation as a fighter for African-American families while lambasting John Kerry for being "out of touch with African-American issues," citing his rich upbringing and supporting Republican attempts to gut welfare in 1996.

Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence

While not boasting a large volunteer force or particularly large influence, the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence used their organization to wage a media campaign in the urban areas of South Carolina, in particular Charleston, Greenville, and Columbia, to name Sherrod Brown as the top candidate for gun control. They cited Sherrod Brown's vote to ban assault weapons and other gun control measures, using their status as a gun control organization to express Brown's commitment to "getting assault weapons off the street" and "putting an end to gun violence."

National Education Association

The National Education Association made targets out of boosting Sherrod's name as an education reform advocate on the local media circuits and running a large field campaign in the rural areas of South Carolina, where they have a much stronger presence, to canvass and target African-American moms and teachers on issues like increasing teacher pay, investing in safe roads and bridges, and ensuring every child has access to education with strong educational investments.

United Auto Workers

The United Auto Workers spent a decent amount of time using their influence among auto workers to promote Senator Brown as the best candidate for factory workers, citing endorsements by the AFL-CIO and other major unions, holding several meetings with prominent UAW representatives and publishing several press releases in an effort to promote Brown's reputation as a fighter for the middle class and rejected the idea that John Kerry was in touch with workers, in fact pushing the opposite message, that Kerry 'was far out of touch with workers.'

VoteVets.org

An organization mostly dedicated on one demographic, VoteVets.org used their influence as the largest pro-veteran organization to peal off veterans from Kerry's fold, instead boasting Brown's 'phenomenal record' on Veteran's issues in press releases and openly said to the press that Sherrod Brown 'fights like hell for workers, fights like hell for African-Americans, and certainly fights like hell for veterans too.' While Kerry has a fairly strong base among veterans, VoteVets hoped to break into that demographic.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: March 27, 2019, 04:34:13 PM »

Election Night 2020

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Kelly: And I'm Megyn Kelly. And this is a very special Election Update: we're bringing you coverage of the 2020 South Carolina primaries!

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCibE6jbkT8&list=RDQMHRAVROm2E_4&start_radio=1

Carlson: That's right, Megyn. Throughout the night, we're going to be bringing you live updates on the results out of South Carolina. You'd better hold on, folks, because it's...

Both: Election Night in America!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we're back, and we now have the first results trickling in from across the state.

Democrats
John Kerry - 38.60% (1428 votes)
Sherrod Brown - 38.20% (1413 votes)
Alex Sink - 23.20% (858 votes)

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski - 28.77% (2158 votes)
Rick Santorum - 24.46% (1835 votes)
Justin Amash - 24.21% (1816 votes)
Phil Scott - 22.56% (1692 votes)

Kelly: And the night is just beginning, with about 99% still out. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: March 27, 2019, 04:51:22 PM »

Election Night 2020

Kelly: And we're back, with now 10% of the vote reporting in.

Democrats
Sherrod Brown - 39.91% (14767 votes)
John Kerry - 38.39% (14204 votes)
Alex Sink - 21.70% (8029 votes)

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski - 29.02% (21765 votes)
Rick Santorum - 24.26% (18195 votes)
Justin Amash - 24.06% (18045 votes)
Phil Scott - 22.66% (16995 votes)

Kelly: Most recently results in from the western part of the state, with about 90% still out. Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies