The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35641 times)
adamevans
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2019, 01:24:49 AM »
« edited: May 13, 2019, 08:07:45 AM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown Chooses Vice Presidential Candidate in Cleveland

Major Excerpt

More than a year ago, I embarked on this journey in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio, just south of here in Cleveland, on a message and an idea. If you work 40 hours a week, you should not live in poverty. If you have a deadly illness, you shouldn't go bankrupt on a medical bill or a life-saving prescription drug. If you work hard all your life, you shouldn't retire into poverty. And yes, there is dignity in work. Despite tough odds, we sent that message nationwide with a grassroots campaign unlike this country has seen in a long, long time.

As I've traveled to towns, cities, farms and factories in all 50 states, that message has spread across this country like a wildfire. Democrats, independents, and even some Republicans have joined this effort: to make childcare and medical care universal; to hold Wall Street accountable; to reform our campaign finance laws to build a government that works for all of us; to expand the power of workers & collective bargaining and to raise the minimum wage to one you can live on. Those, just a few of the proposals we've sent nationwide. Several months ago, we won Iowa on that message. Some called it a fluke that would never be repeated again. In South Carolina, we proved those pundits wrong. In Vermont, Georgia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and New York, we proved them wrong, and we grasped the number of delegates to declare this movement #1.

For the past few weeks, I've searched for a leader to finish this journey alongside me, and to join in me in making an economy that works for all of us. To address the cost of rising medical bills and prescription drugs, to cut taxes for the middle class and not the ultra-wealthy, to address student debt and outsourcing, to unite Democrats in November and deliver real change. A leader who shares a vision where we can all make by, to stick it to the ultra-wealthy and protect the middle class, to unite Americans of all races, creeds, origins, or political affiliation. Above all, I searched for a leader who is ready to step in and be commander in chief if their country calls them.

Today, I come back to Ohio to tell you that I've found that leader -- someone who has governed with respect and pragmatism while standing up for progressive causes -- Governor Alex Sink!

Governor Alex Sink has spent the past year campaigning her heart out and brought progressive issues at the forefront. In Florida, she's governed with a sense of pragmatism and results-driven leadership, and she combined it with the ability to pass progressive action. Even if she came in 3rd, she joined me in sending a message to Wall Street and big business nationwide. She's a woman who rose from the grasp of poverty to inspire millions of little girls that they, too, can make change in a world that has seen status quo for so long. She's exactly the kind of right-hand woman I need in the White House to work by my side, and I'm certain, with her by my side, we will unite the Democratic Party, win in November, and rebuild America's middle class.

So, let me introduce to you, the next Vice President of the United States, Alex Sink!

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2019, 09:28:20 AM »

DNC 2020

And so the convention began, on a scorching hot day in July. The delegates were ready for the political fight of their generation, knowing that, on the second ballot, the fate of the convention would likely be decided, even if the nominee was not. As they stood and listened to first Senator Warren and then Governor Sink (who had just recently been tapped as Brown's running mate), the delegates knew that only two speeches remained, one from each campaign. Some expected Senator Kerry himself to come out and speak on his behalf, but Brown's second speaker was virtually unknown. Regardless, however, the greatest Democratic nomination fight in decades was about to begin.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »

John Kerry for President 2020
Convention- Speech

Hello! Hello! I am here today on the behest of millions of you. The American people. I have been asked to step down, and throw my support behind Senator Brown. (pause crowd boos) But I cannot do that, because that is not my decision to make, that is your decision to make, by doing your Democratic duty as delegates.

Many of you see politicians as being a higher character then the rest, but no we are human and we do make mistakes. When I first came to Washington, I worked hard to change the status quo, and we did. We made life easier for the working class Union or non union, because we didn't care about partisan affiliation or what we would be doing in the next Presidential election, we cared about results, and we cared about letting hard working men and women put food on the table for their families.

At the end of this convention I want you to go back to your home town, whether that be Boston, Newark, or Birmingham, even to Anchorage or Honolulu on our western shores, and say I AM A MEMBER OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, WE DON'T ACCEPT DECEPTION, AND I AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY. When they make liberal a word to fear, wear their fear with a badge of honor, because they're afraid of progress and they're afraid of solutions.

We have been at this campaign for well over a year, and we have proposed many good ideas, but we have to get both sides to accept something, Healthcare is a right not a privilege. The right to life the GOP cares about so much doesn't seem to cover Americans with pre-existing conditions, but as Democrats we do care about them as much as we care about the other 300 million Americans.

I have been in the Democratic Party for 5 decades, I remember when we were the party of freedom, and not the afraid. We have had great leaders, and great triumphs, but also great failures. What do we expect to succeed with partisan bickering and attacks on attacks even with members of our own party.

If we are DEMOCRATS why not the delegates do their duty, If we are DEMOCRATS why attempt to silence the opposition, If we are DEMOCRATS then we should support the DEMOCRATIC actions of our people. We should support workplace DEMOCRACY, we should support DEMOCRATIC elections around the globe and not have the opposition silenced.

My run for the Presidency has been called unlikely, stupid, and a dozen other words I won't repeat. But it wasn't futile, because we have sent a message. We will win here in Milwaukee, and we will win here in Wisconsin, and we will win here in the United States of America. Because, we tread that narrow path between victory and defeat, light and dark, and greatness and turmoil.

We as Democrats are willing to fight for progress, because if we didn't fight we wouldn't have civil rights, workers rights, or women's rights Dr.King fought for Progress and he achieved it without bloodshed, because he knew how to sit down and listen to the otherside, and as President I will sit down and listen to Democrat, Independent, and Republican alike, because in the end we are all alike in one way we are Americans.

Thank you all!

adamevans
United States

« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

Civil Rights Leader John Lewis Addresses Democratic Convention

"My fellow Democrats, hello! We convene today to unite the Democrats at one convention and unleash an era of progressivism where all Americans have the fundamental right of equal justice and civil rights. We convene tonight to rebuild America, to reverse policies of this administration and others that has denied so many the basic protections of equal justice. At this convention tonight, we move forward, no longer can we sit quietly as the fight for civil rights is slowly undone with voter suppression laws and mass incarceration.

We are the party of tomorrow. We will build a future where all men and women, regardless of race or origin, can enjoy the benefits of a thriving middle class. Now, I must tell you, I've known Senator Brown for a long time. I have witnessed his work in the Senate. I've known him as an ardent opposer of voter suppression and mass incarceration; I've known him as someone who is genuine and real about building this country for every single American and creating a country that applies justice for all. Senator Brown is a leader, he has stood up against the status quo.

And across this country, I have seen his message drive millions out to the polls in unprecedented numbers.

His message has inspired me and millions of others to vote, to support, to volunteer on his behalf. That movement has made him 1st place at tonight's convention and 1st place among voters nationwide. His movement has inspired millions of hard-working Americans, regardless of party lines, to make him our President to truly build a government that fights for working families over big corporations. His movement marks the next major chapter in American history, one that I'm proud to be apart of.

The chapter of American history I was born in was one of the worst we've had. The era of segregation, the era of Jim Crow, the era of voter discrimination. I saw racial discrimination as a young child. I saw those signs that said 'White Men, Colored Men, White Women, Colored Women.' I remember as a young child with some of my brothers and sisters and first cousins going down to the public library trying to get library cards, trying to check some books out, and we were told by the librarian that the library was for whites only and not for 'coloreds.' But we organized in church basements, in union halls, to make the change that this country desperately needed to live up to our founding creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.'

Those were the values of every great movement in this country's history.

And now we begin another, with Senator Brown.

To reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth. We come together because we believe that in America, your success shouldn’t be determined by the circumstances of your birth.  If you’re willing to work hard, you should be able to have and maintain a good-paying job.  If you’re willing to meet your responsibilities, you should be able to own a home and give your children the chance to do even better - no matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like.

Now, we must come to terms: progress doesn't happen on it's own. The civil rights movement did not happen on it’s own, activists like myself marched. We sacrificed. We organized. In 1964, our efforts and dreams became reality with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Activists like Sherrod Brown marched for environmentalism and against senseless intervention in Vietnam. For the past 8 years, that statement is become even more true as we have seen progress recede, with mass incarceration, wages stagnant, votes suppressed.

In November, we will deliver another triumph for equal justice with Senator Sherrod Brown. We will move forwards, not backwards. We will revitalize the dignity in work, as Dr. King once said, ‘No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance.’ With Senator Sherrod Brown as the nominee, we will vote, and we will vote in droves. We will build a new chapter and further strengthen what was once a dream in the Civil Rights Era.

On behalf of millions of working moms, who have witnessed the rise of prescription drug costs and medical bills but not the rise of paid medical or family leave; on behalf of working dads, who have not seen a pay raise in years but have seen a raise in the costs of groceries, I move to nominate Sherrod Brown for President of the United States!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »

First ballot:

Delegate totals:

Democrats
Sherrod Brown - 1614
John Kerry - 1508
Alex Sink - 1413

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2019, 03:39:15 PM »

Second ballot:

Delegate totals:

Democrats
Sherrod Brown - 2275
John Kerry - 2206
Alex Sink - 50
Stacey Abrams - 1

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2019, 04:21:33 PM »

DNC 2020

Cheers erupted from the throats of thousands of Brown supporters as the results came in. It wasn't a lot (heck, it wasn't a tenth of what they'd hoped the margin would be), but it was a win. Sherrod Brown would be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States, and Alex Sink would almost certainly be the Vice Presidential nominee. Kerry's supporters remained silent. Kerry himself had yet to give any sign of his support or rejection of the DNC's decision. And that was what some in Brown's war room were afraid of: would he pull a stunt?

God knew the man had fought like heck to get here, and John Kerry had never been a man to just let a failed investment lie. A third party bid would be embarrassing for Kerry at best and a promise to the GOP nominee of an easy victory at worst. Sherrod would likely stress unity within the party now that he'd won, but would the party listen? It all seemed to lie in the hands of his opponent.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2019, 04:38:40 PM by DatGOTTho »

Vice presidential balloting:

A spirited effort had been made, led mostly by Senator Schumer, to replace Governor Sink with Senator Kerry at the bottom of the ticket. This would backfire spectacularly, with Schumer stating his intention to resign immediately as Senator Minority Leader; Dick Durbin was immediately chosen in his place (despite being another Kerry backer, he'd stayed neutral on the clearly doomed effort). Schumer announced he would retire from the Senate at the end of his term in 2023, and that he would support the victorious ticket. Senator Kerry's response to the results was still in question, and many hoped that, as the first day of the convention drew to a close, he would take the time remaining during the convention to support the nominee.

(Senator Patty Murray was named the new Minority Whip)

Alex Sink - 3674
John Kerry - 858

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2019, 06:09:24 PM »

John Kerry for President 2020
Democratic Convention Speech

Hello Democrats! I know many of you are tired from this hard day, but I would like to say. We fought well!

(crowd cheers)

We fought for what we believed in. We fought a fight on the policies, and issues. We fought for every American. We fought, but we did not win.

This primary was not about who won in the end, all of us were great candidates. It was about who you, the voters want to be the next President of the United States, and what can I say the delegates, and voters have spoken.

I am proud to endorse someone, who fought a long primary battle with, someone I am true to call a friend, and someone who without American workers, American consumers, and all Americans would miss, regardless of political affiliation, I am endorsing my friend and the Senator from Ohio Sherrod Brown to be the next President of the United States of America.

If we want a strong fighter for the middle class in Washington, we couldn't have picked a better man than Sherrod Brown. If we want a strong candidate to win the Presidency in November, and win it again in 4 years, we couldn't have picked a better candidate than Sherrod Brown.

To all of the millions of Democrats out there who supported me, don't worry Sherrod is a great man and will be a great President. We need to back Brown and Sink to carry on the legacy of helping Americans, helping Americans have higher paying jobs, and helping them have good affordable healthcare.

I'd like to end this by thanking everyone who helped this campaign, my beautiful wife Theresa, my daughters, and everyone from my campaign. From President Clinton, to Senator Schumer, and Durbin, Leader Ryan and Whip Schiff you all worked as hard as you could for me, but it just wasn't enough.

This night isn't the end, but the beginning of the race to win back the heart of America, and rescue millions of jobs from outsourcing.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2019, 12:33:29 PM by Jaguar4life »

Manfred announces Presidential running mate at One World Trade Center in New York City

Folks we have finally come to this point as the two party system chooses candidates that will only serve for their interests and their donors and party  rather for the people of Amercia!!
I and the person I chose for Vice President will serve mostly not to ourselves but to you the Amercian People.

That is why I have chosen someone who has proven to work for the Amercian people and has history of working behind party lines and bipartisan support.   He may be a Democrat but he is willing to serve with us as a independent on this ticket as the next Vice President please welcome the former governor of New Mexico Gary Johnson!!!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »

Phil Scott Rally in Arlington Virginia Imminent

Major Announcement Hinted At

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #861 on: May 14, 2019, 09:56:47 PM »

Paul Ryan Speaks for Murkowski at the RNC

(Doing this early with GM approval)

“8 years ago, in Tampa, I accepted the Republican nomination for Vice President of the United States. While there, many of my fellow conservatives expressed concern about then candidate Mitt Romney. I heard about how he wasn’t conservative enough, how he didn’t do enough for the base, and how, even with a conservative from the Midwest on the ticket, we were doomed for failure. 8 years later, I’m here as the Vice President of the United States! At this very convention, there’s a candidate who has been similarly counted out, but has beaten expectations at every turn, and that’s Senator Lisa Murkowski!

Senator Murkowski is exactly what we want this party to represent; a small government conservative who will fight for our second amendment rights, lower taxes, and reduce intrusive government regulation. She is an expert at forming coalitions and consensus, and has an actual record of results in Washington, rather than just lip service. Right now, that’s exactly what this party, and this country, needs.

Lisa Murkowski has built her coalition on conservatives like myself, moderates like Susan Collins, and everyone in between. She is the candidate best positioned to unite this party after a long, hard fought race to the nomination. We’ve seen that the Democrats have raced to the left at their convention, nominating a ticket endorsed by socialist groups. The fact is, we Americans don’t want socialism, we want solutions. Let’s seize this opportunity to show the people which parry represents middle America, true working class values, and a liberty focused message by nominating Lisa Murkowski!”
adamevans
United States

« Reply #862 on: May 15, 2019, 12:21:38 AM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 01:40:51 PM by Barron »

Democratic National Convention: Part I

NOMINEES
Senator Sherrod Brown and Governor Alex Sink

With the nomination finally secured for Senator Brown, and relatively quickly at that, he used his mandate and inroads to both progressive-wing and moderate-wings of the party to finally unite Democrats behind the winning ticket. As for the platform, Sherrod Brown's campaign appointed AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, OH Sen. Nina Turner, U.S Rep. Pete Visclosky, HI Rep. Kaniela Ing, U.S Rep. Sharice Davids, and Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum to the platform drafting committee. Senator Brown will use his now almost-total influence over the DNC to unite the party on his message for the middle class.

At the convention, Senator Brown and other speakers made the case against Romney economics, pinning it to the recent slow-down of economic growth and an extension of the last 3 decades of wage stagnation. Senator Brown hoped to make the fall campaign on paychecks over partisanship, proposing a style of middle class economics, and running a populist, anti-war, anti-status quo campaign message. All this, while reminding voters of his bipartisan proposals and record on the opioid epidemic, veteran's benefits, pensions, etc.

DAY 2 (July 14, 2020)
Theme: Opportunity & Justice For All

U.S Representative Charlie Crist of Florida (Convention Chair)
U.S. Representative Joyce Beatty of Ohio
U.S Representative Gwen Moore of Wisconsin
U.S Representative Bennie Thompson of Mississippi
President Derrick Johnson of the NAACP
Secretary Julian Castro & U.S Representative Joaquin Castro of Texas
Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York
Alejandro Silva, latino Small Business owner from New Mexico
Tom Quartley, NYC small business owner, arguing for a $15 minimum wage
Mayor of Tallahassee Andrew Gillum of Florida
U.S Representative Barbara Lee of California
U.S Representative Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts
U.S Representative Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez of New York
Former State PPT Kevin de Leon of California
Senator Kamala Harris of California
Senator Dianne Feinstein of California
Senate Candidate & U.S Representative Ben Ray Lujan of New Mexico
Senate Candidate & NC Representative Eric D. Smith of North Carolina
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California
The Mothers of the Movement (mothers of children killed by gun violence)
Terrell McCann of Atlanta, Georgia, sixth-grade teacher
Nathan Brown, Milwaukee children's advocate
Civil Rights Activist & Reverend Jesse Jackson of Illinois
Basketball Star & Celebrity LeBron James
U.S Representative Dwight Evans of Pennsylvania
Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey
U.S Representative Raul Grijalva of Arizona
President D. Taylor of UNITE HERE
President Ilyse Hogue of NARAL Pro-Choice America
Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin
South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg of Indiana
Fight for $15 Leader Terrence Wise of New York
Governor Stacey Abrams of Georgia
Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin of Alabama
Former U.S Representative Beto O’Rourke of Texas
Labor Leader Dolores Huerta of New Mexico
Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez of Texas
Former Secretary & U.S Representative Donna Shalala of Florida
Talk Show Host & Celebrity Oprah Winfrey of Illinois
Former President Barack Obama of Illinois
First Lady Michelle Obama of Illinois

DAY 3 (July 15, 2020)
Theme: An Economy for Working Families

Former Nominee Michael Dukakis of Massachusetts
Former Candidate John Kerry of Massachusetts
U.S Representative Tim Ryan of Ohio
U.S Representative Brendan Boyle of Pennsylvania
U.S Representative Madeleine Dean of Pennsylvania
U.S Representative Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania
U.S Representative Pete Visclosky of Indiana
Governor Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania
Former U.S Representative Dennis Kucinich of Ohio
Former Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin
Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison
Maxine Finland, a mother speaking on the Opioid Epidemic
Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire
Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
Former Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan
Senator Mark Warner of Virginia
U.S Representative Marcy Kaptur of Ohio
Senator Kay Hagan of North Carolina
President Mary Kay Henry of the SEIU
President Randi Weingarten of the AFT
President Lee Saunders of the AFSCME
President Gary Jones of the UAW
Kenneth Quinones, laid off auto-worker from Ohio, lifelong Republican
Quentin Lewis, walmart worker from Michigan
Former Senator Byron Dorgan of North Dakota
Former Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana
Former Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa
Governor Gavin Newsom of California
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti of California
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York
Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman of Pennsylvania
Governor Jared Polis of Colorado (keynote speaker)
Vice President Joe Biden of Delaware
Governor Alex Sink, accepting Democratic Vice Presidential nomination

DAY 4 (July 16, 2020)
Theme: Rebuild America, Domestically & Abroad

Vice President Al Gore of Tennessee
Senate Candidate Mark Kelly of Arizona
Jason Carter, grandson of Jimmy Carter
Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
U.S Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii
Oran Mulcahy, father speaking on high drug prices
Former House Majority Leader Dick Gephardt of Missouri
Former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota
Chairman Tom Perez of the DNC
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer of Maryland
Former Nominee Walter Mondale of Minnesota
Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan
Former Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland
Governor Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan
U.S Representative Brenda Lawrence of Michigan
U.S Representative Jennifer Wexton from Virginia
U.S Representative Abigail Spanberger from Virginia
Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia
Governor Steve Sisolak of Nevada
Captain Florent Groberg (retired) of Maryland
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of New York
Former President Bill Clinton of Arkansas
Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont
Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon
Former Governor Ted Strickland of Ohio
John David Glenn, son of John Glenn
President Richard Trumka of the AFL-CIO
Connie Schultz, journalist & wife of Sherrod Brown
Senator Sherrod Brown, accepting Democratic Presidential Nomination

(speeches will be posted tmrw, per extension granted by GM)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #863 on: May 15, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »

RNC 2020

With the less-than-expectedly raucous DNC now over for the past, focus turned to the RNC, and the battle between Governor Phil Scott of Vermont and Senator Lisa Murkowski from Alaska. The Governor was the initial favorite, having been endorsed by Secretary Santorum in late June, but Representative Amash's delegates were viewed as being up in the air, leaving the Senator more than enough room to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Both candidates had fought hard for this, and, with a virtually nonexistent divergence in viewpoints on many issues, many feared that the narrative discussed in June could be reversed: the DNC finishing up squeaky clean, while the RNC dragged on interminably. Only time, and the delegates, would tell.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #864 on: May 15, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »

Mia Love Speaks for Murkowski at the RNC

“In my time in politics, I’ve noticed something unfortunate. I’ve seen minority voters seceded to Democrats, who offer no real solutions to communities like mine. This year, I noticed something different. I saw a candidate enter into communities that Republicans haven’t won in 30 years, I saw her value these communities as people not just votes, and I saw her prioritize issues that impact the lives of minorities with the same passion as she has for rural communities like her own.

This candidate is Lisa Murkowski, and her outreach is about more than just the identity politics the Democrats have tried to wield as a weapon. It’s about serving the people, it’s about building a lasting coalition, and it’s about ensuring the American Dream for all Americans, regardless of one’s race, religion, gender, or place of birth. That’s what Lisa Murkowski has run this campaign on.

We, Republicans, need to embrace our status as a big tent party, and build bridges to communities that feel let down by both parties. We have an opportunity to not only win the White House, expend our majorities, and elect the first woman president, and the first Alaskan president of the United States!”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #865 on: May 15, 2019, 09:45:45 AM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 10:59:38 AM by KaiserDave »

It's Rubio! (In Arlington)

....So let me introduce to you, the next Vice President of the United States, Marco Rubio!

(Cheers)

Thank you Governor Scott! Thank you Virginians! I'm honored that the Governor picked me, and I'm so proud to be apart of this campaign. A campaign that's been told it was down and out for so long, but it didn't care. It continued to rise and it beat the odds evert time. And I know we'll do it at the RNC, and we'll win the White House. This campaign is about Uniting America, and getting results for you. Uniting America by road, and infrastructure, uniting Americans together to build a better country for everyone. For every child we guarantee a better future!

(Cheers)

Lower taxes, greater prosperity, responsible budgeting, and a united America. A congress that works, that works for you. Not lobbyists. For a fairer tax system, cheaper prescription drugs and a strong and responsible military! This isn't that much to ask. Let's get it done. Let's Unite America, let's get results for you!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #866 on: May 15, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 02:31:02 PM by KaiserDave »

Senator Todd Young Nominates Phil Scott

Thank you delegates! Thank you Republicans! I'm so proud to speak to you today! This is a convention isn't it. This is a convention! That you Charlotte!

(Cheers)

Wow! I speak to you a proud Republican, a proud Hoosier and a proud conservative! I stand before you as a United States Senator, and proud to be your RSCC chair! Tonight I'm so proud to see some of our past, preset, and future Republican leaders. Some of whom will help us expand and grow our Senate Majority in November, like John James in Michigan, Walker Stapleton in Colorado, and Mike Lindell in Minnesota. I've spoken to so many proud conservatives who care about the future of this country, and enhancing the Romney prosperity! But I know one man who's been a leader his entire life. A real public servant. I endorsed him early in this primary process, the first US Senator to support his candidacy because I recognized the right record and the right person. This man governs a state, he is an executive that deals with people's problems every day. He has made this state one of the most prosperous in the nation. He's worked bipartisan-ly with dignity and respect to get results. To lead with fiscal conservative values. This man, this man who was a small businessman and a NASCAR driver. A self made man who's dad lost both his legs fighting for this country. That man, delegates and fellow Republicans, is the Governor of Vermont, Phil Scott!!!!

(Cheers)

Phil is a leader. Phil is an executive. Phil is the right man for this job. I've never been so sure. I'll talk about his record, you better believe I will. But I also want to talk about the man. Phil is a compassionate conservative who's core values are dignity, respect, liberty, and faith. He knows to lead by example, with civility and respect. He traveled to towns in this primary campaign that hadn't been visited by a candidate since before World War Two. He didn't look for votes, he looked for people. People with problems, he looked too listen. He's done that his whole career. Listening and learning. And with the knowledge and the experiences he gathers from the people, he leads. He lead Vermont to being the best state for business in the region. He gave it a triple A bond rating, and balanced every budget while still cutting taxes! That's the leadership we need. The leadership that created new jobs with high wages, and that turned around a struggling state. We need Phil Scott and Marco Rubio.

(Cheers)

Delegates and fellow Republicans, I nominate Governor Phil Scott for President of the United States and Marco Rubio for Vice President of the United States. They are leaders, they are prepared to lead us into the future. That's why I nominate them today. Fellow Republicans and Conservatives. Delegates of all stripes, I ask you to support Governor Scott, the man who can Unite America. In this convention, thank you Charlotte!

(Cheers)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #867 on: May 15, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »

Governor Chris Sununu Supports Phil Scott

Hello delegates! Hello Republicans! I'm so happy to speak to you today, my first Republican National Convention. But you know my father and brother well. This election is crucial my friends. Charlotte, this election is crucial. President Romney has led us to a great economic prosperity, but there is more work to be done. I know the right man for the job. The man who's worked with me before, the man I know well, and the guy who's just the right one at this time. He's a leader, he's a unifier, and he's Phil Scott. The Governor of Vermont.

(Cheers)

This is a guy who listens. He doesn't spend his time listening to lobbyists, he listens to you. To the people, he spends his time traveling his state, getting to know everyone as friends. He listens to their problems, he has coffee and talks about outstanding loans, childcare troubles, and high prescription drug prices. He listens, and he learns, he takes it to heart. Phil Scott learns and then he leads. He works to guarantee family leave and make prescription drugs cheaper. To attract jobs and business. I know he's the right man. He listens to Americans. I was with him in the North Country in New Hampshire with Elise Stefanik.

(Cheers)

He spent 15 minutes at a campaign stop talking to an elderly woman who couldn't afford prescription drugs and was worried about her social security benefits. He couldn't waved and gone through the photo line and went home, but he wasn't here for votes. He was there to listen and learn. And I know he's the right man for the job right now. He's the leader we need. So delegates, I ask you to support Governor Phil Scott. He's a leader who can unify America. Unite America with Phil Scott fellow Republicans. And we can enhance the prosperity of this great nation. Thank you and God Bless America!

(Cheers)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: May 15, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »

First ballot:

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski - 758
Phil Scott - 751
Justin Amash - 674
Rick Santorum - 372

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #869 on: May 15, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »

Second ballot:

Republicans
Phil Scott - 1171
Lisa Murkowski - 1139
Justin Amash - 231
Rick Santorum - 11
Donald Trump - 6
Paul Ryan - 1

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: May 15, 2019, 03:49:23 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2019, 03:58:36 PM by DatGOTTho »

Third ballot:

Republicans
Phil Scott - 1193
Lisa Murkowski - 1157
Justin Amash - 200
Donald Trump - 8
Rick Santorum - 1

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #871 on: May 15, 2019, 04:00:33 PM »

Fourth ballot:

Republicans
(1280 to win)
Phil Scott - 1241
Lisa Murkowski - 1215
Justin Amash - 95
Donald Trump - 8

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: May 15, 2019, 04:08:56 PM »

RNC 2020

The fourth ballot's indecision was viewed as a disaster by convention chair Paul Gosar. Here the narrative had been: it was all Scott's to win, and then he'd gone and p***ed off the Amash delegation doing God knew what. Now, the convention would be forced to go to day 2 without a nominee. McSally, Sandoval, Santorum, and others made merely pro-GOP speeches, knowing they might be up there tomorrow or (God forbid) later in the week with a more focused intent. As the first day's mess was cleaned up from the floor of the Spectrum Center, Gosar wondered to himself what was to come.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: May 15, 2019, 04:15:06 PM »

RNC 2020

The second day of the convention looked to be far more decisive than the first. Amash's stubborn delegates in Michigan would likely finally break one way or the other, ending the gridlock that had plagued day one. The question on everyone's minds, however, was for whom.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #874 on: May 15, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »

Governor Bill Weld Supports Phil Scott

Thank you Republicans.

(pauses for some scattered cheers and boos)

This hasn't been the most stable convention I see.

(pause of noise)

But my fellow Republicans. There is only one man who can lead us out of this. Phil Scott.

(pause for noise)

He's the best champion for liberty in this race. The strongest candidate for markets. He represents the old mantra of this party. Free Trade and Free Markets. Of that I am totally sure. Phil Scott promises to enhance on the prosperity of this nation through our founding creed. Freedom. Freeing up trade, freeing up regulation. And reducing taxes across the board. He'll bring our debt under control by ending fraud and waste in government. He'll Audit the Fed.

(pause for applause)

And restore trust and integrity to our government. He'll end waste in defense contracts, look to eliminate bloated programs, and rein in the horrid world of occupational licensing. and stick up for our core values of liberty, free trade, and free markets. These are our core values. Phil Scott holds them. And we will win if we go with Phil Scott. So delegates, on the next ballot, vote for Phil. And let's win this election for our conservative, liberty values. Thank you Republicans!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies