The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35747 times)
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:45 PM »
« edited: January 30, 2019, 10:43:21 PM by NyIndy »

Amash Schedule Feb-June 2019

Feb. - June 2019 -
Amash Spent most of the most of the month on the campaign trail introducing himself to the voters in the first three primary states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. Many stops were made to colleges where Amash had grown popular among college Republicans. Youth voters were his best group polling wise. He was introduced by Kentucky Senator Rand Paul and received his endorsement.

Paul Endorsing Amash in Durham, NH

"Justin is a man who I know is dedicated to the cause of liberty for individuals and that's why I am endorsing him today! Give a warm welcome to my friend Justin!"

Amash also began to campaign in places like Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, Oklahoma and his Home state of Michigan.

In April, Amash received the endorsement of Thomas Massie in KY. The two were friends in Congress and his endorsement was not a huge surprise.

Massie endorsing Amash

The next two months were more of the same, with Amash continuing to focus on NH, IA, and NV with occasional stops outside the states to continue to get his name out there.

EDIT - Forgot my actual schedule, here it is (blank time means Congressional duties/resting:
Feb. 1st-4th: Tour across NH:
Feb 1st: Attending opening of Offices in Durham, speech to Young Americans for Liberty on UNH campus
Feb 2nd: Attend the opening of the office in Manchester
3-4th: Touring state with Rand Paul
Feb 9 - 10: Townhalls in towns across IA, Opening an office in Des Moines.
Feb. 15 - 17th: Campaigning across MI, (Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor and ending in Grand Rapids)
Feb 18 - 21st: District Work Period (Return to MI-3, meet constituents and staffers)
Feb 22 - 23rd: Speaking in ND (Fargo + Bismarck)
Feb 28th: Speak at CPAC 2019
March:
Mar. 1 - 3rd: New Hampshire Local media
Mar 9 - 10: New Hampshire Campaigning with Ron + Rand Paul

Paul Campaigns for Amash in Berlin, NH
Mar. 12th: Attend speaking event in D.C at George Washington U.
March 16 - 18th: Swing through Nevada, Speaking in Las Vegas, Reno, and Carson City
March 22 - 25th: Speaking Tour through AK
April:
April 3rd - 4th: Rally in OKC with Ron Paul, barnstorm across the state.
April 9th - 12th: Accept Endorsement of Rep. Thomas Massie in Florence KY, tour state with Rand and Massie.
April 20 - 21st: Barnstorming in Kentucky
April 26th - 30th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire (with Speeches and Rallies at Dartmouth and UNH with Ron Paul
May:
May 6 - 9th: Speaking at Drake University in Iowa, followed by Bus Tour across the state.   
May 12- 15th: Tours across Multiple cities in Iowa
May 19 - 21st: Media Circut doing interviews in Fox and CNN (NY, LA)
May 25 - 30th: Complete State Wide tour of NH North to South (Pittsburgh and Lancaster in the North to Nashua and Manchester in the South)

ClassicGOPer
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:33 PM »

Rob Portman (R-OH) Campaign Schedule from February 2nd to June 2nd, 2019

Iowa
February 2nd: Open Iowa campaign office.
February 3rd: Begin Iowa bus tour (Feb 3rd-Feb 28th) (breaks for Senatorial duties throughout tour)
March 1st: Major rally with former Ohio governor John Kasich 
March 8th: Door knocking and grassroots across Davenport with Governor Mike DeWine. (8th-12th)
April 2nd: Barnstorming rural Iowa.
April 17th: Major rally with supporters in Sioux City
May 1st: Door knocking and grassroots across Ames with surrogates (1st-6th)
May 19th: Major rally with Governor Mike DeWine.

New Hampshire
April 18th: Open New Hampshire campaign office.
May 25th: Major New Hampshire kickoff rally with former Governor John Kasich
June 1st: Barnstorming rural New Hampshire

South Carolina
June 2nd: Open South Carolina campaign office

PORTMAN 2020
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »

Ad - "Who Am I?"

To run in the following states:

"Hi, I'm Representative Justin Amash, I'm running for president to give Americans the chance to elect a President who will make sure that the government stays accountable to the people. I have always been open and accessible as a representative, even tweeting why I vote for all the bills I do in Congress. If you choose me to lead this great nation, I promise to maintain my openness as your leader. My goal is to but more citizens wealth and privacy back in their hands, as well as ending corporate welfare at the expense of the people. Thank you."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2019, 09:21:47 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 11:38:42 AM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott gathers endorsements, support

Governor Scott has continued to gather support across early primary states. The schedule below illustrates the movement of Governor Scott and his team, where they gather more steam as name recognition grows. Phil Scott has received many new endorsements. These include Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, and former Vermont Governor Jim Douglas. There are other individuals who will be revealed soon on the campaign trail. Governor Scott has also gained traction with small dollar donations, and has sworn of the Super PAC.  Governor Scott has been able to fit in duties as governor, as illustrated in the schedule. Phil Scott has meet with surrogates such as Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan, and Jim Douglas on the campaign trail. Governor Hogan spoke to a room full of supporters in New Hampshire:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Phil Scott Schedule

Here is Governor Phil Scott's schedule for spring season, March to June.

March
March 1-5: New Hampshire Bus Tour (illustrated in earlier post)
March 5-8: Rest/Governor Duties
March 9: Town Hall with Governor Jim Douglas in Warren VT
March 9-11: Door knocking and Canvassing in Manchester and Portsmouth
March 12-16: Barnstorming rural northern New Hampshire with Elise Stefanik
March 16-22: Governor Duties
March 22-24: Touring the Lake Winnipesaukee region (home to one of President Romney's homes)
March 25: Major Rally in Nashua New Hampshire, open Nashua campaign office
March 25-31: Media Tour (local radio, television, meet and greets)

April
April 1-6: Governor Duties
April 7-11: Open Keene and Concord Campaign offices
April 12-15: Barnstorming New Hampshire with surrogates (Douglas, Hogan, Baker)
April 15-21: Governor Duties/Rest
April 21-23: Touring and Canvassing in Iowa City and Davenport
April 23-28: Bus Tour of Iowa (Iowa City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids)
April 28-30: Iowa Local Radio and Television

May
May 1-4: Governor Duties/Rest
May 5-7: National Media
May 8: Major Rally in Manchester with Governor Baker, open Manchester office
May 8-11: Barnstorming northern New Hampshire
May 11-15: Bus Tour of the Lake Winnipesaukee region and to Concord
May 15: Major Rally with Larry Hogan in Concord
May 16-21: Meet and Greets with supporters in New Hampshire
May 22-27: Governor Duties/Rest
May 28-31: Town Halls in New Hampshire
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2019, 10:29:55 PM »

ALEX SINK FOR PRESIDENT SCHEDULE

THIS CONCLUDES THE SCHEDULE FOR GOVERNOR ALEX SINK FOR THESE DATES
adamevans
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2019, 01:34:09 AM »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Announcement Speech

"It's great to be back home in Mansfield!

Y'know, there was a lot of people telling me to host this speech in Iowa or New Hampshire, or even Cleveland, but there's no place I'd rather make such an important announcement than in my birthtown, the 'Fun Center of Ohio,' as it's nicknamed.

Today, here in my birth city, Mansfield, and in the great state of Ohio – the buckeye state, the mother of Presidents, the birthplace of aviation, the heart of it all – I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America.

'Equality of opportunity… Jobs for those who can work… Security for those who need it… The ending of special privilege for the few… The preservation of civil liberties for all… a wider and constantly rising standard of living.' That is the promise of America. It's America's basic bargain, it was President Roosevelt's testament to our nation's unmatched aspiration. His legacy lifted up a nation and inspired presidents who followed.

And so, we embark on this journey together; to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth. We come together because we believe that in America, your success shouldn’t be determined by the circumstances of your birth.  If you’re willing to work hard, you should be able to have and maintain a good-paying job.  If you’re willing to meet your responsibilities, you should be able to own a home, maybe start a business, give your children the chance to do even better - no matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like: that is the basic dignity of work.

We come together because our country had strayed from these basic values.  Too many small businesses have shut down. Wages have stayed stagnant. Manufacturing has left our shores.  A shrinking number of Americans did fantastically well, while most people struggled with falling incomes, rising costs, and slower job growth. It's time we took the mantle and begun the work of rebuilding America. Tonight, we create a vision for our country.

And we begin our message on one simple vision: rebuild America. To understand how we can do that, we have to realize who built America to begin with; and we built it together. We built railroads and highways, the Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge together.  We instituted a minimum wage and worker safety laws together.  Together, we touched the surface of the moon, unlocked the mystery of the atom, connected the world through our own science and imagination.  We did these things together, not because they benefited any particular individual or group, but because they made us all richer.  Because they gave us all opportunity.  Because they moved us forward together, as one people, as one nation.

It's because I've seen the promise of America in my own life. My parents would have never dreamed that their son would be a U.S. Senator, let alone run for president. But for too many of our fellow Americans, the dream of progress and opportunity is being denied by the grind of an economy that funnels all the wealth to the top. During periods of great depressions and recessions, the middle class has continued to be beaten down repeatedly. Massive tax breaks given to the wealthy, borrowing money to pay for two endless wars, and falling incomes for middle class families. Wealth trickled up from the middle class to the rich. You know where we ended up.

But, as we have since our founding, Americans made a new beginning. You worked extra shifts, took second jobs, postponed home repairs… you figured out how to make it work. And now people are beginning to think about their future again – going to college, starting a business, buying a house, finally being able to put away something for retirement. Now is the time for millions of middle class working families to come together to revive that dream, to revitalize American democracy, to end the collapse of the American middle class and to make certain that our children and grandchildren are able to enjoy a quality of life that brings them health, prosperity, security and joy – and that once again makes the United States the leader in the world in economic prosperity for it's middle class.

We can live in a country where:
- we keep American jobs and industry here in America.
- the minimum wage is one people can live on.
- voting rights are extensively protected.
- workers have the freedom to organize for fair wages by repealing Taft- Hartley.
- childcare and college is affordable and universal.
- billionaires and millionaires don't control our democracy with tougher campaign finance laws.
- civil liberties are protected by repealing the so-called 'PATRIOT Act.'
- big banks cannot gamble with your money by re-implementing Glass- Steagall
- our infrastructure is no longer crumbling and re-invested in.

That is the nation we can build together, and I ask you to join me in this campaign to build a future that works for the hard working middle and lower class families. Today, I ask you on this wonderful day in Mansfield, Ohio, to join me on this journey. Thank you, Ohio, and god bless our country."
adamevans
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2019, 01:34:54 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 04:21:48 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule
February 21st-30th: Senate duties
March 1st-10th: 'Dignity of Work' bus and listening tour, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina
March 11th-20th: Deliberate on campaign preparation, hire aides, staff, advisers, etc
March 21st: Meet with agricultural leaders in Iowa, to discuss agricultural policy
March 22nd: Meet with Senator Bernie Sanders, discussing policy and campaign prep
March 23rd-31st: 'Dignity of Work' bus and listening tour, Iowa, Nevada
April 1st: Conclude 'Dignity of Work' tour, announce decision on Presidential run within a month
April 2nd-9th: Week of media interviews, senatorial duties
April 10th-20th: Conclude final campaign preparation phases
April 21st: Announce candidacy in Mansfield, Ohio rally
April 22nd-30th: Tour southeastern Iowa, hold a rally in Iowa City & Ottawa
May 1st-3rd: Visit to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to open Campaign HQ, and hold a rally in Davenport, Iowa
May 4th: Meet with high-profile progressive activists, to discuss policy
May 5th: Rally with Senator Jeff Merkley, in Des Moines, Iowa
May 6th-10th: Senate duties
May 11th: Fundraiser with Senator Bernie Sanders, in Manchester, New Hampshire
May 12th: Campaign BBQ and 'meet and greet' with supporters of Senator Brown, Concord, New Hampshire
May 13th-20th: Bus tour across New Hampshire, town halls, rallies, etc
May 21st-31st: Travels to Texas, Nevada, California, Florida, and Ohio, for fundraising.

Sanders praises Brown's $15 Minimum Wage bill:
"absolutely in the right direction"

"Over the past 40 years, the U.S. economy has not been working for most working people. As productivity has gone up, the cost of living has gone up, but median wages have fallen relative to inflation. Not only are people’s jobs under threat of being sent overseas, but American workers are now forced to work two or three jobs just to make ends meet. 66.5 percent of women and 85.8 percent of men are working more than 40 hours a week, many without paid vacation or paid sick leave. Over the last few decades the decline of the middle class has mirrored the decline of unionized workers in America. Corporations and their lobbied counterparts in Washington, D.C. have been ferociously attacking the organizing and collective bargaining rights of public and private sector union members. This hostile environment towards labor unions benefits the multibillion dollar corporation’s bottom line, its CEOs, and its shareholders, not the average worker. In order to rebuild the American middle class, we have to rebuild the American trade union movement and expand employee ownership and participation in the industry.

The dirty reality of our economy is that since the mid-1980s there has been an enormous transfer of wealth from the middle class to the absolute wealthiest, and middle class wages have remained stagnant. That is the Robin Hood principle in reverse. That is unacceptable and that has got to change. Despite huge advancements in technology and productivity, millions of Americans are working longer hours for lower wages. The real median income of male workers is $783 less than it was 42 years ago; while the real median income of female workers is over $1,300 less than it was in 2007. That is unacceptable and that has got to change.

That is why I am so proud to have the support of the United Mine Workers of America today. Unions like the UMWA have spent their entire existence fighting for higher wages, work benefits, workplace safety, etc. It is a shame that multimillionaires, multibillionaires, and large corporations have done all they can to suppress union movements, and it is a shame that virtually every Republican in the other primary supports suppressing labor unions that fight for better work benefits. As a Senator and Representative, I have, more consistently than anyone else, fought for the right to organize and bargain for workers, and as President, I will seek to repeal Taft- Hartley and other laws that have suppressed union membership and suppressed middle class working wages."

Senator Jeff Merkley joins Brown at Rally in Des Moines

"It's great to be here with my colleague Senator Sherrod Brown. This year, we need someone with the courage to tell the President what millions of average Americans are feeling right now: the economy isn't working for everyone. I think my friend Sherrod has that courage. He's offered a clear vision for this country and for the millions of workers who live in it, that it's time to revive the dignity of work and it's time to rebuild America. People say Sherrod is unpolished, unvarnished: that's right, he is. He's not a President years in the making by the Washington establishment. He's someone that working class people can get understand, someone who is a reliable fighter on their side. And also, someone we need in the White House"[/quote]
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »

Gabbard withdraws to endorse Sherrod Brown: "We need a propr progressivd to lead this nation and Sherrod is the one to do it."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2019, 08:59:00 AM »

Gabbard withdraws to endorse Sherrod Brown: "We need a propr progressivd to lead this nation and Sherrod is the one to do it."

Got it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2019, 11:07:40 AM »

Pete Buttigieg Campaign Schedule

February 2nd- February 18th
Campaign in Iowa

February 19th-February 26th
Campaign in Las Vegas, Nevada and Reno.

February 26th to March 10th
Campaign in Urban New Hampshire

March 10th to April 3rd
Campaign in Columbia South Carolina

April 3rd to May 7th
Tour Iowa

May 7th- May 30th
Tour Nevada

May 30th- June 2nd
Tour New Hampshire

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »

ENDORSEMENTS

Tom Vilsack will campaign in Iowa and Steven Horsford will campaign in Nevada
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »

Governor Abrams's Monthly Schedule

A Dream for Everyone

January 2019:
  • January 1-13: Dealing with the transition, brief tours to Iowa and New Hampshire the first week. Meetings with national Democratic leaders.
  • January 14: Gubernatorial Inauguration in Atlanta. Invited were President Obama, Secretary Clinton, Ms. Winfrey, and other tentative endorsers.
  • January 15-25: Gubernatorial duties in Georgia, meetings with state legislators, proposal for an insurance and healthcare expansion plan.
  • January 25-27: Visit to South Carolina to meet with local Democratic leaders and activists.
  • January 28-31: Gubernatorial duties in Georgia, speech before the General Assembly, meetings with local activists.

February 2019:
  • February 1-10: Gubernatorial duties, meetings with potential fundraisers and endorsers.
  • February 11-22: Multi-State tour with endorsers to meet and talk with supporters across the nation.
  • February 23: Announcement of exploratory committee in social media, trip back to Georgia.
  • February 24-28: Gubernatorial duties, fundraising in Georgia and brief visit to South Carolina.

March 2019:
  • March 1-6: Trips to Iowa (1-4) and New Hampshire (4-6). Town halls and small rallies in Des Moines, Iowa City, Manchester, and Concord.
  • March 6-20: Gubernatorial duties, fundraising.
  • March 21-26: Tours and fundraising in Texas and California.
  • March 26-30: Gubernatorial duties, tour across Georgia.

April 2019:
  • April 1-10: Visits to Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.
  • April 11-16: Gubernatorial duties.
  • April 17: Announcement speech in Georgia. Rally in Atlanta. Announcement of "A Dream for Everyone" tour.
  • April 18-30: A Dream For Everyone tour across Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Georgia, Nevada, and California.

May 2019:
  • May 1-5: A Dream For Everyone tour.
  • May 6-21: Gubernatorial duties.
  • May 22-25: Fundraising in New York and California.
  • May 26-31: Gubernatorial duties, push for progressive reforms in the State.

June 2019:

• June 1-3: Gubernatorial duties.
  • June 4: Campaign kickoff rally in Atlanta, Georgia.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2019, 04:16:11 PM »

A Dream for Everyone:
Governor Stacey Abrams announces Presidential campaign.

At a rally yesterday in Atlanta, Georgia, the progressive darling threw her hat into the 2020 ring with a bold, optimistic, inclusive, speech.

Quote from: Restricted
adamevans
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 06:17:39 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Highlights

Sherrod Brown: "I will fight to hold these drug companies accountable."

Early on the campaign trail, Sherrod Brown made the following remarks at a speech in New Hampshire:

Sherrod Brown outlines $1T infrastructure plan at Iowa town hall

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2019, 06:54:27 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 10:11:55 PM by jakobisgood »

GOVERNOR ALEX SINK REVEALS OFFICIAL LOGO

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »

John Kerry Surrogate schedules

Tim Ryan

The Democratic leader in the House will spend this time rallying support around Senator Kerry in Iowa, where he will be using his connections as the top Democrat in the House to build up an organization in the state for Senator Kerry. He will be focusing on recruiting precinct committeemen throughout the state and campaigning for Senator Kerry among the working class voters in the areas that are more hostile to Democrats in the northwest of Iowa. His primary goal as a surrogate is too visit every county in the state before, June 1st and to focus on recruiting campaign staff in these rural counties.

Steny Hoyer

One of Senator Kerry's more noticeable endorsements was Fmr. Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland. Unlike Leader Ryan, he will be focusing on gaining the Senator more traction within the beltway working with the leaders of the Democratic National Committee to sow roots between Kerry's campaign and these all important state democratic parties. He will also be appearing with Senator Kerry and Vice President Biden on March 17th for a St. Patrick's Day celebration in Boston. He will also be meeting with top Democratic donors, pitching them the idea of Kerry's campaign and his commitment for Universal Healthcare, and his experience on matters of Foreign policy, as well as his service in the Vietnam war.

Adam Schiff

Representative Schiff is a key surrogate for Kerry's western campaign. He will be focusing on driving out educated more liberal voters in Nevada. He will also be spending a lot of time in California with the announcement of Kamala Harris a strong showing in California will be key for the Kerry campaign. He will be laying the foundation for a campaign in Nevada, while making several joint appearances with Senator Kerry, as well as Vice President Biden, and many other of Kerry's top surrogates in both the west and the entire nation. Schiff will only spend a part of his time in Nevada, he will be making a few week long trips to both Iowa and New Hampshire where he will be working with Vice President Biden, Leader Ryan, and Senator Kerry in blanketing the states will on the ground activists and Kerry campaign surrogates.

Elizabeth Warren

Senator Warren will be focusing solely on New Hampshire. She is a popular figure in the state, and she commands an audience of many progressive Democrats who attempted to draft her to run 4 years ago. She will be holding around a dozen townhalls in New Hampshire, as well as a half dozen solo rally's and nearly as many joint appearances with Vice President Joe Biden, and with Senator John Kerry. Her actions should bring much attention in local media to the Kerry campaign, while others are not focusing so heavily on New Hampshire Kerry will make this one of his prime targets, by setting one of his best surrogates loose on the state. The Campaign hopes this will lessen the effect of Progressive Governor Stacey Abrams on the Granite State.

Joe Kennedy III

Representative Kennedy will do the same as Senator Warren and focus solely on New Hampshire during this time period. He will however, be focusing on connecting with younger voters. He will visit every 4 year college in the state of New Hampshire over the coming months. His primary message will be Senator Kerry's policies on the opioid epidemic which is hitting New Hampshire hard, he will be focusing on the younger voters, but won't be leaving others out in the wind. 

Joe Biden

Vice President Biden is Kerry's top surrogate at the moment, he will be covering much ground during the months. Including over a dozen stops in Iowa and New Hampshire, his primary focus is New Hampshire where he will be joining Elizabeth Warren, Senator Kerry, and Joe Kennedy III. These are the stars of Senator Kerry's campaign, Biden focusing on the Senator's service, his opioid response plan, and his plan for Universal Healthcare.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2019, 08:19:01 PM »

Kerry calls upon Warren to present Green New Deal it's time for Progressive Action!

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »

Pete Buttigieg announces the support of an Green New Deal.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2019, 08:56:53 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2019, 09:04:31 PM by DatGOTTho »

So, since I'll be locking the Signup thread tomorrow, I've made a new thread for those who want endorsements but whose PM system is acting up. It will also serve as a chat thread, for when one is necessary.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=312617.0
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd

Holt: Good evening. I'm Lester Holt.

Todd: And I'm Chuck Todd.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Holt: And we start off with what may be the final presidential announcement of this cycle. Let's listen in.

Holt: However, as one candidate comes, so another goes: let's listen there.

Holt: Representative Gabbard was actually on our show fairly recently, and, interestingly, Senator Brown now joins us from Pittsburgh, where I believe you just got finished with a Dignity of Work rally. Isn't that right, Senator?

Brown: That's right, Lester. And I must say, I'm still a bit pumped from the energy in the room tonight.

Holt: I'm sure it was palpable, Senator. Now then, my first question: Senator, you’ve cast yourself as a titan of labor over the years. How do you intend to reach out to other significant Democratic voter blocs?

Brown: Well, first off, I'm flattered to have that title, but I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding with the question's assumption. Too many pundits believe you're either fighting for workers or you're fighting for progressive values. But you've got to do both. As a long-time progressive and an advocate for workers, it's not just the way to win elections, it's the way to govern. Dignity of work is a value that every laborer in this country shares: whether you're young, old, black, white, liberal, conservative. Everyone shares that basic value, and I think that whoever the Democratic nominee is should run on that message because I don't think you have to abandon your values in order to campaign to the entire country.

Holt: Having your cake and eating it too, eh, Senator? Now, as you know, President Romney won your home state twice, and Wisconsin in 2016. Do you believe your Midwestern roots would be an asset to the Democratic Party in taking back these states?

Brown: I think, if we're going to win Ohio and Wisconsin, we need to embrace a pro-worker, pro-labor message centered on restoring the dignity of work. Ohioans who voted for President Obama in 2008 didn't turn out for the Democratic nominee in 2012 or 2016. They felt disillusioned by some of the President's policies and message, and some of them felt the change they voted for in 2008 didn't come fast enough. I endorsed and supported President Obama, but I knew their concerns. If we're going to win next year, we need a substantive, policy-oriented message that grasps at and turns out those voters to the voting booth.

Holt: Turnout, turnout, turnout, looking like more of a Democratic asset each year, a lot of people say. Senator, your poll numbers have spiked these past few weeks. Assuming this trend continues, what would your first 100 days be like?

Brown: Well, you're getting a little ahead of yourself there. Connie and I still have to decide whether we want to run at all. But I'd say if we do have a first 100 days, it'd be heavily centered around curbing corporate power over workers and consumers, restoring the power of laborers in the workplace, deliberating with foreign countries concerning the reform of U.S trade policy, and massively reform the way lobbyists influence the White House. It is long overdue that we push a pro-wage growth and pro-worker agenda in the White House to reverse the past 30+ years of wage stagnation. Middle class Americans are being ripped off by corporations who buy out Congress and the White House in order to shift the rules in their favor. When you love your country, you fight for the people that make it work, and I think that is the governing philosophy that the next President should adopt.

Holt: Much as I personally suspect that decision has already been made, Senator, I'll leave you to announce your intentions in your own time. *Holt non-subtly winks* *Brown laughs* Finally, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Brown: I believe that average Americans are absolutely fed up with the status quo of our economic system. If I had to say something tonight, it's that we need to volunteer, campaign, vote for the candidate that you believe that can break the status quo. Get involved, put your voice in. That's the only way something will change.

Holt: Senator Brown, thank you so much for being on.

Brown: My pleasure, Lester.

Holt: *faces camera* And that will be all for tonight.

Todd: And all you'll be seeing us for a while, as we turn over the reins to CNN's Wolf Blitzer and John King for the next few election updates.

*camera pans to Blitzer and King*

Blitzer: Yes, and we'll be sure to give you the breakdown you need to decide among the massive field of 19 candidates.

King: That's right. For the next month, we'll be giving you your Election Updates.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 05:24:13 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott speech to supporters in Wolfesboro

(March 23, Major Excerpt)

I'm happy to be here around the beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee. Vermont I believe, beats New Hampshire with Ice Cream, Cheese, Maple Syrup, and more controversially mountains. But I will surrender the superiority of New Hampshire's lakes.

I've fortunately had the pleasure of being in New Hampshire frequently during my time as governor. I've been across the White Mountains, and I've eaten lunch in Portsmouth. I got the opportunity to work New Hampshire's hard working governor Chris Sunnunu. Chris is really an example. Somebody who sits down with Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, confronts the problems head on and puts solutions first. He worked to get the opportunity zones the tax breaks they need, he stood up for the taxpayer, and he got up and supported the rights and equality of the LGBT community.  Not to mention his rugby ability, and his extraordinary hiking. One day we must come back to Vermont and hike Mount Mansfield together.

But I think Washington has a lot to learn from Concord and Montpelier. It's gotten to a point in Washington where some of our representatives don't even listen to each other. They've got a few tracking agencies or special interests they've got to please, and that's it. In Burlington and Montpelier, we got problem solvers who sit down and get things done for the people. In Montpelier we got millions for clean water, we invest 3 million to give our students the best tuition possible. In Concord they've mapped out of a plan to increase state power output, and Chris and I have both held the line of taxes and fees. We keep our budgets balanced, and our taxes down. That's responsible leadership, we work together, that's how we create a better future for our children and protect the most vulnerable.

But what do we need to do in Washington? Well, my campaign is mapping out a policy roadmap to keep America humming strong, and to close the partisan divide. First, infrastructure. We have a D- grade for our bridges, roads, piping system, power grids. I can't accept that. I don't think we as a community can accept potholes in our roads and collapses of our bridges. I want the invest half a trillion dollars or more into our infrastructure. That includes tax cuts for specific companies, and it includes new spending. But the benefit is enormous, and will reap and enormous surplus in the end. It will create thousands upon thousands of jobs nationwide. This helps everyone, new roads to get from here to Manchester, to travel down to Rutland Vermont. New sewage lines, and new modern bridges that can support bigger loads. We can do better, and we must strive to do so.

At the same time, we must stand up for taxpayers. President Romney has done a great job doing that, but we must make sure that working people and our middle class families aren't forcing to pay higher taxes. I want real tax reform that cuts taxes for the middle class, and closes loopholes that giant corporations and banks use to hide their money overseas.

I think we gotta stand up for the most vulnerable in our society. I'm opposed to deep cuts to important programs. Our rural development commissions like the ARC, or like many other groups that invest in schools, jobs, local communities. Our after school program and youth diversion initiatives. We don't help anybody when we get rid of these important programs. We need compassion in government, we can't just be in this for ourselves.

This all ads up to bridging the partisan divide, getting things done like here in New Hampshire. Getting Republicans and Democrats to work together to get things done. A simple concept isn't it? Americans do it every day. We go to work with people of all kinds of political beliefs, we work together. Why can't Washington work the same way? That's the question I ask. I want to restore transparency and accountability. We need to have our leaders stare us in the eyes, and be honest. We must restore faith in our political process. If I have the honor of being elected, I'll bring cameras into the White House, and I'll always govern like I have in Montpelier. With my fellow citizens as neighbors. I'm honored to be supported by such leaders like Elise Stefanik of the north country in New York. She's a real leader for her community, and her generation will really be transformative for this country.

With all that said, I'd be honored if you'd vote for me. And I humbly ask for your vote

Phil Ad #1: Together (Running in Iowa, NH, and SC)

(Camera pans onto a Burlington farmers market, Phil at the focus in the foreground)

Hello. I'm Vermont Governor Phil Scott. I'm worked for the last two years as governor of the great state of Vermont. I know my constituents as my friends and neighbors, and I've had the honor of serving them.  I'm running for President of the United States because it's time we ended the partisan divide, made our leaders accountable to the people again, and make government work for all of us. We get things done when we work together, and that's what I want to see in Washington. I'm Phil Scott candidate for President, and I approve this message. I'd be honored to have your vote.
domcons
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2019, 10:07:25 PM »

[size25pt] KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT SCHEDULE- FEBRUARY WEEK 1 [/size][/color]

-Saturday, February 1st 2020- Kickoff Speech in Oakland, California
-Sunday, February 2nd 2020- Fly out to Iowa
-Monday, February 3rd 2020- Speech at the Des Moines Civic Center
-Tuesday, February 4th 2020- Door knocking in Des Moines suburbs
-Wednesday, February 5th 2020- Speak to students at a local Des Moines high school.
-Thursday, February 6th- Establish first office in Iowa
-Friday, February 7th- Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2019, 11:01:19 PM »

What Manfred did
Throughout early February Manfred started out his 50 State strategy in the Western states.  He campaigned on the hypocrisy of the two parties and demanded that Amercia needs a Bipartisan president in times like these.

He also campaigned on the southwest on healthcare and how to save social security.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:48 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Campaign Schedule

January 2019

1st-7th: Official announcement in New Hampshire, followed by a state tour, with rallies across the state on Murkowski's independent record
8th-11th: Senate in session, with a press conference on the need for new leadership
12th-13th: Weekend in Iowa, meeting with local leaders about areas of federal overreach, followed by rallies in Des Moines and Sioux City
14th-18th: Senate in session, fundraisers in Fairfax, Virginia
19th-23rd: Return to New Hampshire, this time touring rural areas, meeting with farmers about the need for fewer regulations
24th-27th: Visit to Charleston Air Force Base in South Carolina, accompanied by a rally in Charleston about the need for international strength
28th-1st: Senate back in session, visit to Annapolis Navy Academy to meet new recruits

February 2019

2nd-3rd: Town halls in Des Moines, Iowa
4th-8th: Senate in session, introducing a bill to end congressional and presidential pay under government shutdowns
9th-10th: Rally with Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte in Nashua, New Hampshire, visits manufacturing plants
11th-15th: Senate in session, cosponsors Equal Rights Amendment
16th-20th: Tour of Nevada mines, speaking with miners about balancing environmental needs with economic ones
21st-24th: Rallies across Iowa, meetings with local activists and party officials about the concerns facing the state, including automation and trade
25th-1st: Senate in session, whipping votes for her bill

March 2019

2nd-3rd: Tour of rural New Hampshire, with town halls on protecting the 2nd amendment
4th-8th: Senate in session, press conference with Ayotte and Collins on the need for congress to protect the rights of transgender Americans to serve
9th-10th: Barmstorming in South Carolina, meeting with local leaders about the need for a strong, adept military
11th-15th: Senate in session
16th-19th: Tour of the Iron Range in Minnesota, speaking on cutting regulations
20th-24th: Rural tour of Iowa, meeting with farmers and manufacturers about the need for smart trade deals to protect their livelihood
25th-29th: Senate in session, rallies in Northern Virginia about balancing the budget and ending discrimination in the armed forced
30th-31st: Rallies in Concord, New Hampshire

April 2019

1st-5th: Senate in session
6th-7th: Tour of orchards in New Hampshire, talking about the need for small farms
8th-12th: Senate in session, fundraising
13th-20th: RV tour of Iowa, with rallies across the state on Murkowski's independent record and on agricultural policies
21st-28th: Tour of Nevada, meeting with miners and ranchers throughout the state, fundraisers in between events
29th-3rd: Senate in session

May 2019

4th-5th: Rally in Manchester, meeting with police and firefighter's unions
6th-10th: Senate in session, fundraisers in Maryland and Virginia
11th-12th: Rallies in Knoxville, Tennessee with a focus on business innovation
13th-17th: Senate in session
18th-19th: Rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, followed by meetings with police and firefighter unions
20th-24th: Senate in session
25th-31st: Tour of New Hampshire, with a balance of barmstorming rural areas on agricultural needs, and rallies in urban areas, speaking on the need for an independent voice in the White House
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2019, 12:37:27 AM »

Governor Abrams's Rally in the SNHU Arena in Manchester, New Hampshire

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies