The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:35:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35727 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: January 21, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »

Murkowski Releases Statement about MLK Day

“Today we remember Dr, Martin Luther King Jr., who was a thought leader that inspired real change in this country. While carrying forward his memory, we must all remember to uphold the peaceful values he brought to his dissent, and his focus on justice for Americans. We must stay vigilant in the overreach of government in the rights of its people, as Dr. King did in his time.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Holds Rally with Kelly Ayotte and Susan Collins in Nashua, NH

"I'm so happy to introduce a bit of a dream team to this wonderful state. When Lisa Murkowski first announced, I got excited. I had sworn to myself to stay out of the endorsement game until after New Hampshire, however, a close friend and mentor of mine decided to run, and I couldn't help myself. Whether it's her work for Native communitites, or safekeeping our first and second amendment rights, Lisa has lead the way. I'm inspired by her work, and will be looking forward to working with her to pass a new conservative agenda, with a maverick bend."

"Thank you for having us here today, Nashua. The longer I spend here, the more I'm reminded of back home in Maine. We in New England don't fall for partisan nonsense, we expect results from whomever is in charge. My time in the Senate alongside Lisa has shown me that she is the same way. Lisa will push for less restrictive regulation, allowing our businesses to flourish and our economy to grow. What she won't do is cave to any pressure asking her to sell out what she believes in."

"How do I follow up such incredible women? I want to thank my friends, Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte, for being here with us today, and for introducing me to this wonderful crowd tonight. From Alaska to New Hampshire, Americans are tired. We're tired of stagnation, of partisanship, of the petty infighting. We deserve a new path forward. We deserve a President who understands what it means to live in a rural community, who pushes for a less restrictive government, and who will protect the rights of the individual from government overreach. If this is how you feel, New Hampshire, than this campaign is the one for you, and I hope I can earn your support."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 12:08:48 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Campaign Schedule

January 2019

1st-7th: Official announcement in New Hampshire, followed by a state tour, with rallies across the state on Murkowski's independent record
8th-11th: Senate in session, with a press conference on the need for new leadership
12th-13th: Weekend in Iowa, meeting with local leaders about areas of federal overreach, followed by rallies in Des Moines and Sioux City
14th-18th: Senate in session, fundraisers in Fairfax, Virginia
19th-23rd: Return to New Hampshire, this time touring rural areas, meeting with farmers about the need for fewer regulations
24th-27th: Visit to Charleston Air Force Base in South Carolina, accompanied by a rally in Charleston about the need for international strength
28th-1st: Senate back in session, visit to Annapolis Navy Academy to meet new recruits

February 2019

2nd-3rd: Town halls in Des Moines, Iowa
4th-8th: Senate in session, introducing a bill to end congressional and presidential pay under government shutdowns
9th-10th: Rally with Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte in Nashua, New Hampshire, visits manufacturing plants
11th-15th: Senate in session, cosponsors Equal Rights Amendment
16th-20th: Tour of Nevada mines, speaking with miners about balancing environmental needs with economic ones
21st-24th: Rallies across Iowa, meetings with local activists and party officials about the concerns facing the state, including automation and trade
25th-1st: Senate in session, whipping votes for her bill

March 2019

2nd-3rd: Tour of rural New Hampshire, with town halls on protecting the 2nd amendment
4th-8th: Senate in session, press conference with Ayotte and Collins on the need for congress to protect the rights of transgender Americans to serve
9th-10th: Barmstorming in South Carolina, meeting with local leaders about the need for a strong, adept military
11th-15th: Senate in session
16th-19th: Tour of the Iron Range in Minnesota, speaking on cutting regulations
20th-24th: Rural tour of Iowa, meeting with farmers and manufacturers about the need for smart trade deals to protect their livelihood
25th-29th: Senate in session, rallies in Northern Virginia about balancing the budget and ending discrimination in the armed forced
30th-31st: Rallies in Concord, New Hampshire

April 2019

1st-5th: Senate in session
6th-7th: Tour of orchards in New Hampshire, talking about the need for small farms
8th-12th: Senate in session, fundraising
13th-20th: RV tour of Iowa, with rallies across the state on Murkowski's independent record and on agricultural policies
21st-28th: Tour of Nevada, meeting with miners and ranchers throughout the state, fundraisers in between events
29th-3rd: Senate in session

May 2019

4th-5th: Rally in Manchester, meeting with police and firefighter's unions
6th-10th: Senate in session, fundraisers in Maryland and Virginia
11th-12th: Rallies in Knoxville, Tennessee with a focus on business innovation
13th-17th: Senate in session
18th-19th: Rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, followed by meetings with police and firefighter unions
20th-24th: Senate in session
25th-31st: Tour of New Hampshire, with a balance of barmstorming rural areas on agricultural needs, and rallies in urban areas, speaking on the need for an independent voice in the White House
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Releases Ad “Unity” in Iowa, Nevada, South Carolina, and New Hampshire

“America is a big country, full of different viewpoints, ways of life, and experiences.”

“I think we have more that unites us than divides us, however. We all worry about our families, our bills being paid, and our rights being protected.”

“This has always shaped what I stand up for, whether it’s fighting to protect your second amendment rights, or for the rights of anyone to marry who they want, or serve in the military regardless of their identity. The common thread I hear from people is that we need to focus on what unites us, not what divides us.”

“I promise I will fight for fair trade, for lower taxes and regulations, and for less government intrusion, so that way we can revive the American Dream of a thriving middle class. I promise to unite, not divide, and work for the American public, not special interests in Washington. I’m Lisa Murkowski, and I support this message because America deserves politics as united as her people.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »

Lisa Murkowski June Schedule

June 1st-2nd

Murkowski travels the coast of South Carolina, speaking with local leaders about the importance of balancing economic and environmental concerns

June 3rd-7th

Senate in session, rally in Fairfax, Virginia on the need for less taxes and regulations

June 8th-9th

Travel back to New Hampshire, with rallies in Nashua and Portsmouth on protecting the first and second amendments

June 10th-14th

Senate in session, Murkowski holds events throughout Virginia, holding rallies in Loudoun County, Winchester, and Alexandria, with a focus on her independence from special interests

June 15th-16th

Murkowski's campaign swings back to Sioux City, Iowa, to meet with leaders on the need to protect the second amendment, and to discuss the impact of high taxes on the community

June 17th-21st

Senate in session, press conference to support ERA with Senators Collins and Capito

June 22nd-23rd

Rally in Carson City, Nevada on the need for an independent voice in The White House, to accurately represent the American people

June 24th-28th

Senate in session, tour of Ft. Belvoir, meeting with servicemembers on their concerns and impact of foreign policy on their lives

June 29th-30th

Visit to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to open new campaign HQ, followed by a rally in Nashua on the need for a strong, adept military
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:35:35 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thank you Megyn and Tucker, for moderating this debate, thank you to all of my colleagues up here with me tonight, and thank you University of South Carolina for hosting us tonight! Hello, I'm Lisa Murkowski, Senator from Alaska, and candidate for President of the United States.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a bit of an independent thinker. I tend to go along with what's good for Americans over what leadership tells me to do. I believe that fact is essential to what this entire election is about. We can continue on the path of partisanship, or pave a new way that is focused on solutions. I believe most of us just want that, solutions to the problems we face, not just Washington's business as usual.

Tonight, you'll hear our answers on questions that voters across America have about each of our positions and visions for our country. I plan on mapping my vision out for all of you tonight, it is a vision of economic opportunity, freedom from government intrusion, and a secure world for all of our children to grow up and thrive in. That's what this campaign is all about.

Well, first of all, I plan on winning this primary. *laughs* The 2010 campaign was a hard fought one, in which many special interests endorsed my opponent due to my independence from them. When I narrowly lost the primary I heard the same thing from people across my state, "I can't do it, I'm going to write you in." I decided to organize with the grassroots to start a write-in campaign, of which only one Senator had ever won by. With the help of my supporters, and a few wristbands to help people spell Murkowski, I became the second.

My intention is not to run as an independent, as I am a Republican, even after winning a write-in campaign run without party help. As for other independents in the race, I welcome them. America deserves to hear all sorts of ideas across the political spectrum, and to support the candidate that best aligns with their values.

Tonight, we saw different visions of America. The vision that I see is a positive one. It is four years of economic growth through fewer regulations, it's the protection of the Second Amendment, and the defense of freedoms enshrined in the Constitution. I am so grateful to see a healthy debate about both the future of our Party and country.

I know America is ready for a voice of the people, not for the interests of certain groups over another. We are at our best when we are not encumbered by a government that cares about how you identify when you express the interest in serving your country, or regulates small business so heavily that the burden is too much. I trust the American people, and I hope that tonight is proof that you can trust me to be your nominee for President of the United States.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Puts Out Statement on Attempted Bombings

"We are seeing the impact of the degradation of civility in this country. I can not believe that anyone would attempt to harm someone over their political views. My thoughts and prayers are with my colleagues, and I want to say thank you to all the law enforcement officials that protect us from these disturbing attempts. The America I know is better than this, and I know that together we will pull together to fight for civility and understanding over hate."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

Thank you University of North Dakota, and our hosts, Megyn and Tucker. In many ways, North Dakota reminds me a lot of back home. We’re states built on independence, a strong native population, a thriving energy industry, and stewardship of our natural resources. I can think of no better way to describe what this campaign stands for, it’s the values that have long made this country great, which have been my guiding light as Senator. Tonight, you’ll again hear from the field of Republican candidates for President, and I am grateful for the opportunity to lay out my vision for America alongside my colleagues.

Thank you for the question, this is actually something I’ve wanted to address. I have always worked my hardest to best represent my state. Sometimes, that means bucking party orthodoxy on issues like repealing the Affordable Care Act without a viable alternative. However, my constituents also know that I stand for conservative principles like energy independence, protecting the Second Amendment, and pushing for lower taxes. Republican primary voters can rest assured that I will fight for what’s right, not just what we’re told to support by party elites. I don’t answer to them, I answer to all of you.

Tonight’s debate was a conversation amongst friends. I must thank my colleagues for continuing civility, even when we disagree, our moderators, and North Dakota for welcoming us all. America stands at a crossroads. Will we decide to learn from what has and hasn’t worked from this administration, or will we go down a path of all or nothing partisanship. This campaign offers a better way forward, one that is led by the people and our values. That’s why I’m running for President, to keep our country safe, strong, and healthy, to protect our rights from attacks, and to represent the American people, not special interests that run rampant in Washington. Thank you!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

Murkowski July Schedule

1-3: North Dakota tour, start in Fargo, then Bismarck, speeches on low unemployment, tax incentives for tech companies, and energy independence.

“North Dakota is a real leader in energy independence. Such industry has helped insulate the state from recession and other economic challenges we’ve faced, and very well may face in the future. We must look to states like North Dakota and Alaska for leadership on energy and industry, especially given the slowdown in economic growth. The government must act to protect industry, not regulate it into obsolescence.”

Visit Minot, point to ND’s leadership on balancing economic and environmental concerns, tour Air Force Base

4th: back to Alaska, time with family, release statement about Independence Day

5th: campaign event in Reno, opening office followed by a rally

“We’re facing a lot of fear on the issue of trade. Fear from rhetoric that says that trade will cost American jobs. This is just untrue. Automation, over regulation, and the urbanization of our economy is what has cost us jobs. This is why we need a President that understands the need to allow the market to flourish, to focus on de-regulating small family farms, and to fight to lower taxes on businesses. This is what we need, not isolationist policies that will drive up the cost of everyday items that will punish the middle class.”

6th-7th: return to Iowa, tour small farms throughout western portion of the state

8th-12th: senate in session, rally in Virginia Beach on domestic security

13-14th: Rallies in Manchester and Portsmouth on the need for a president independent of special interests

15-19th: Senate in session, put forward bipartisan healthcare bill to stabilize marketplace, fundraisers in Maryland and Virginia

20-21st: visit Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in North Dakota, speaking with native leaders on Savanna’s Act and hearing their concerns on issues impacting their community

22-26th: Senate in session, listening tour of rural Virginia, speaking with communities about the opioid epidemic

27-28th: Rally in Des Moines on the need for an addiction task force on opioids

“Opioid abuse impacts all of us. Whether it’s our children, parents, neighbors, or friends, we all know someone who has suffered at the hand of this addiction. We must push for a task force on addiction and treatment, to help treat this issue as it is, a public health epidemic. We must do whatever is necessary to combat this crisis in our communities.”

29-2nd: Senate in session, meeting with Dominion Power about the need for energy independence
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

Lisa Runs Ad “Independent Energy” in Iowa, North Dakota, New Hampshire, and Nevada

“This country was founded on independence. We don’t like to have to rely on anyone else in order to function as a nation.”

“As an Alaskan, I understand this also carries over to our energy production.”

“We must pursue all energy production types if we are truly to be independent. This means using our natural resources effectively, with oil, natural gas, solar, and wind all working hand in hand to power our industry and our homes.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski, and as Chair of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, I have worked to push the United States into an energy policy as independent as her people. I can promise you I will carry this effort into the White House to keep your energy costs down, and standards up. I endorse this message because a truly energy independent country is within our reach.”

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 01:46:50 PM »

I’ll start by thanking our wonderful moderators, Megyn and Tucker, our host, The University of Texas, and all of you here in person or watching from your homes tonight. These debates have been an important part in our nominating process. They help parse out what we stand for, and let us explain why you should support us. Our campaign is one for the people, not for special interests that run rampant in Washington. People in Iowa, New Hampshire, Texas, and Alaska have all expressed the desire for the same thing. We want, and deserve, a President who will represent the average American, one that fights for fewer regulations to promote economic growth, one that values personal liberty, and pushes us to a place of energy independence, keeping prices low for all of us. That’s what this campaign is about.

Coming from a state that values individual freedom, much like Texas, I’ve gotten this question a few times. While it is true that much of my campaign is about liberty and a more hands off government, I believe the Republican Party is the best vessel for these values. That is why, even when I won an independent, write-in campaign, I still caucus with, and run as a Republican. I can only speak for myself, but my plans are to run for, and win, the Republican nomination. If I win, and the libertarian party chooses to endorse me, then I will accept and thank them, but remain on the ballot as a Republican. The only way I could see running as an independent or third party candidate is if I fear the Republican nominee will lose the general election or be a poor representative for the people of this country. I currently do not have that fear of anyone on this stage.  I just happen to believe that this campaign’s message is the strongest for the American people.

I want to again thank everyone who had a role in tonight’s debate, my fellow candidates, the moderators, and the University of Texas for hosting us. The American public deserves someone who will stand up for their interests and help solve their concerns. This is why I have opposed extremism by either party, as it hurts our country. I support your right to own a gun, serve in the armed forces regardless of your identity, and have worked to stabilize the healthcare markets, rather than upend one sixth of our economy. Too many politicians want to limit your freedoms and choices by enacting restrictive policies, and that is not what I stand for, nor what the Republican Party should stand for. America faces a big decision on what we believe is right for the future, and this campaign is built on a vision of choice, freedom, and independence, much like our nation. Thank you!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »

Lisa Murkowski August Schedule

August 1-2: Senate in session

August 3-6: Rallies in Council Bluffs and Sioux City, Iowa on the impact of trade on the region, Murkowski speaks with local leaders on balancing economical, energy, and environmental concerns

August 7-9: Rallies in Des Moines and Ames, Iowa on how the area has been insulated from economic downturn

"This part of Iowa has lead the way to recovery since the recession. With the anemic economic growth and tenuous situation, the federal government needs to look to localities like yours to help protect us all from another downturn. We must allow for space research grants like the ones that have allowed innovations in Ames, we must push for businesses to keep manufacturing plants here, like in Des Moines, and we must make common sense regulations that don't hinder businesses in our localities."

August 10-12: Rally in Bismarck on being a steward of natural resources with public parks, followed by a tour of Grand Forks Air Force Base, speaking with service members on foreign policy and veteran's issues. Meets with ND Chamber of Commerce, accepting their endorsement.

August 13-17: Return to New Hampshire, with joint rallies with Senator Ayotte in Salem and Derry on the independent spirit of the campaign. After the rallies, the campaign speaks with public health officials in communities impacted by the opioid crisis.

August 18-21: Meeting with South Carolina Chamber of Commerce in Columbia, SC, followed by a rally touting their endorsement and Murkowski's economical plan. Visit to the Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter.

August 22-25: Tour of ranches in Texas, speaking with ranchers on the needs of rural Americans and the need for a hands off federal government.

August 26-31: Campaign returns to Iowa, with stops for rallies in Cedar Rapids, Davenport, and Waterloo, focusing on agricultural issues and cutting regulations. Murkowski speaks at a Republican women's event in Cedar Rapids, meeting with leaders on outreach to women and stabilizing the healthcare markets. Finally, Murkowski speaks with local leaders on biofuel and energy independence.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 07:26:13 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad, “Our Veterans” in IA, ND, SC, and NH

“The US military is the strongest in the world. We have maintained a powerful, agile, and adept force that keeps us safe from threats at home and abroad.”

“This is why I’ve fought so hard in the senate to not only garner funding for bases and projects, but also for improving family support and preventing sexual assault.”

“Too often, politicians use our armed forces as a political football, but when it’s time to take a stand for funding or oversight on veterans issues, they’re nowhere to be found.”

“That’s why I have lead the fight  for independent oversight of the VA, fought for the return of “Care Closer to Home,” and been uncompromising in my support of our veterans.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski, and I support this message, because our veterans deserve the best.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 07:48:09 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Campaign Schedule

September

1-8: RV tour of rural Iowa, attend Iowa Beer Festival in Des Moines on Labor Day

9-13: Senate in session, statement on 9/11 and the need for national security

14-16: Tour of New Hampshire farms and orchards, speaking with leaders on trade, holding town halls along the way

17-20: Senate in session, rally in the Richmond suburbs on Murkowski's independent record

21-22: Rallies in Ankeny an Cedar Falls, Iowa on the need for low regulations for business growth

28-30: Senate in session, meeting with veterans on VA reform

October

1-7: Rally in Reno, NV, followed by a tour of energy facilities throughout the state, speaking on the need for energy independence

8-14: Campaign returns to Iowa, with stops in Dubuque, Marion, Burlington, and Cedar Rapids on a business friendly economic policy, promoting continued growth

15-18: Senate in session, fundraisers in Fairfax and Loudoun, VA

19-20: Rallies in Florence and Myrtle Beach, SC on the need for a strong military

21-25: Senate in session, press conference on increased VA oversight

26-28: Rally in Henderson, Nevada, speaking with local GOP officials on the need for moderation and results

29-1: Senate in Session

November

2-3: Rallies in Hudson and Merrimack, NH on stabilizing the healthcare markets

4-8: Senate in session, rally in Annapolis on a strong national defense

9-11: Tour of South Carolina military bases, releases Veterans Day statement after an event focused on veteran's issues

"Our veterans deserve the best for serving and protecting our great country. I can promise, as President, I will not forget the sacrifice you have made to keep us safe. That is why I'm submitting a VA reform bill in the next Senate session, to be sure our VA is serving our veterans only the best care possible."

12-15: Senate in session, puts forward VA Accountability Bill

16-17: Town Halls in Waukee and Boone, Iowa on agricultural issues

18-22: Senate in session

23-25: Rallies in Dover and Durham, NH on a hands off federal government

26-27: Rally in Des Moines on protecting the first and second amendments

28: Thanksgiving with family in Alaska

29-1: Rallies in Mandan and Dickinson, ND on energy independence, town hall in Minot, ND

December

2-6: Senate in session, joint events with Senators Collins and Ayotte on the need for bipartisan solutions

7-8: Tour of clinics in New Hampshire, speaking with local leaders on the opioid epidemic

9-13: Senate in session

14-21: Rural tour of Iowa, meeting with farmers on agricultural regulations and balancing economic and environmental concerns with energy production

22-23: Rallies in Reno and Sparks, NV on economic development and a hands-off federal government

24-25: Christmas with family in Alaska

26-28: Rallies in Minot, Bismarck, and Fargo on the second amendment and energy independence

29-31: Rallies in Council Bluffs and Sioux City on education reform and fiscal responsibility, New Years Eve event in Des Moines

January:

1-5: Town Halls in Des Moines, Waterloo, and Iowa City on agricultural reform

6-8: Visit to Fort Dodge, IA, speaking on the need for a strong military

9-10: Visit to Omaha and Meskwaki reservations in Iowa, speaking with leaders on the communities' concerns

11-12: Rallies in Ames on energy independence and fiscal conservatism

13-17: Senate in session

18-20: Tour of Des Moines public schools, followed by a rally on smart trade policies

21-24: Senate in session, visit Ft. Belvoir

25-26: Rallies in Cedar Falls and Davenport, IA on a less restrictive federal government

27-3: Rural tour of Iowa, focusing on trade and energy production, speaking on the need for the US to keep energy costs low by having a varied energy industry
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 11:37:45 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Rolls Out New Endorsements

In Des Moines

Senator Chuck Grassley:
I’ve been in the Senate since 1981, and haven’t seen a presidential candidate embody what Iowa needs as much as my colleague, Lisa Murkowski. I’m happy to endorse her campaign for president.

In Nashua

Former Senator John E. Sununu:
I served with Senator Lisa Murkowski, and I know she’s a true independent thinker. New Hampshire is a state that appreciates someone who bucks the status quo, and that’s why I am proud to endorse Senator Murkowski ahead of our primary.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 09:13:11 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Releases Statement

“I just received the news of President Carter’s passing. He was a prime example of a strong character that transcends the political divide. I thank him for his service to our country and I will be keeping his family in my prayers.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 01:26:06 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad “Mavericks” in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas, and North Dakota

“Over the past year, since announcing my run for President, I keep hearing about how I’m a maverick. How I don’t bend to the will of special interests and blaze my own trail based on values, not partisanship. But, I want to tell you who the real mavericks are.”

“They’re the teachers, who feed the young minds of our nation and allow us to remain innovative and nimble.”

“They’re the servicemembers, who have sacrificed so much to keep us safe.”

“They’re the first responders, putting their lives at risk to save ours.”

“And they’re the families living paycheck to paycheck, just trying to put food on the table and live their lives without government intrusion.”

“At the end of the day, that’s what this is all about, our everyday mavericks who just want solutions, not more of the same.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski and I approve this message.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »

So, by yeas and nays (I'm sick of forgetting to set time limits for polls), who wants to move the election schedule up a week (i.e Iowa is March 10, NH is March 13, etc.), so we can just get down to business already?

As there are nine major candidates, it will require five yeas to move forward.

Forgot to say yea on this. Let's do it
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

Sorry to see Stacey go, I totally understand having more pressing things to manage.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 10:57:09 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Runs Ad "Trust" in Iowa

"As your governor, I'm grateful for the trust you've put into me to ensure this state runs as well as possible. Now I'm asking you to trust me again when I say, I support Lisa Murkowski for President of the United States. She is a candidate that we can count on to support our values as Iowans, and has fought hard for free trade, energy that works, and keeping the federal government out of your life."

"I've been proud to work for Iowans in Congress since 1975. and with Lisa Murkowski since 2002. I can tell you something, she gets what this state cares about. She isn't going to give up on what matters to her, and always gets results. Lisa cares about a strong agricultural industry, energy independence, and low taxes and regulation. Lisa Murkowski has earned Iowa's trust through not only what she's said, but the results she's achieved."

"I'm Lisa Murkowski, and I'm so pleased to have received the support of Governor Reynolds and Senator Grassley, and I hope I can count on your support at your caucus site. I have learned a lot about Iowa in the past few months, and I know that this great state wants a leader who is independent, results driven, and who cares about their concerns. I endorse this message because I believe I am the candidate that you can trust to represent you as President of the United States."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 07:26:21 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Speaks At Election Watch Party

“Iowa, we did it! I hope this result reminds us all how important it is for our voices to be heard. I am overjoyed to receive your support tonight, and this victory is not mine, it’s ours. It illustrates the fact that we are hopeful for the future, that we care about results over partisanship, and that there is a path forward in politics without the negativity. I can tell you, this campaign is far from over, and will will carry this momentum onward to New Hampshire, the nomination, and then the White House! But, Iowa, you’ve had your voice heard, and I will continue to listen. Thank you!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 07:47:24 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Sends Tweet Celebrating the Caucus Results

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »

Lisa Murkowski New Hampshire Schedule

Feb 3rd: Wrap up election watch party in Iowa, fly to Nashua, NH

Feb 4th: Rally in Nashua with Senators Ayotte and Collins

"How about a round of applause for my friends Susan and Kelly! I couldn't ask for a better introduction. New Hampshire, we have something in common. We believe in liberty as our guiding light. We know our taxes should be low to allow the middle class to flourish. We believe that your First and Second Amendment rights should not be walked all over. Most of all, we're independent thinkers who believe in problem solving not partisanship. Iowa has proven that this country wants a new way forward, and I believe New Hampshire does too!"

The rally is followed by a town hall in Manchester, NH

Feb 5th:

Tour of Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, speak on energy independence

Rally in Portsmouth on trade

Feb 6-8th:

RV Tour of Coos, Carroll, and Graftan counties, speaking on agricultural issues

Rally in Dartmouth College to speak on her record of independence

Feb 9th:

Rally in Merrimack on the opioid crisis and the need for support for the communities impacted

Town Hall in Manchester

Feb 10th:

Rally in Concord on protecting constitutional rights from government intrusion

Town Hall in Nashua on the need for an independent thinker in Washington

Feb 11th:

Rally in Derry, followed by GOTV in Manchester, with an election watch party with Senators Collins and Ayotte and former Senators John Sununu and Judd Gregg
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 10:54:20 PM »

Murkowski GOTV strategy

Following the morning rally in Derry, Senator Murkowski heads to her Manchester campaign HQ, meeting with volunteers. Murkowski joins the volunteers on a canvassing shift, then joining them for directing voters to the polls. Senator Ayotte spends the day with volunteers in Portsmouth, joining Murkowski in Manchester for the watch party. Senator Collins spends her day in the Rochester HQ, making calls for the campaign before arriving at the watch party. Former Senators Sununu and Gregg focus their efforts in Keene, meeting with voters explaining their support of Lisa Murkowski.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:30 PM »

Lisa Murkowski Surrogate Schedule

Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte join Lisa Murkowski for a joint rally in Nashua, followed by each splitting up to campaign for Murkowski. Kelly Ayotte turned her focus on rallying supporters in southeast New Hampshire, with a focus on the Senator’s fiscal conservatism but moderate streak. Susan Collins turned her focus to the more rural north, speaking with voters on agricultural issues and Senator Murkowski’s focus on their interests and concerns. Both senators helped with canvassing, phone calls, rallies, and GOTV efforts.

Judd Gregg and John Sununu held several events across southern New Hampshire, with Senator Gregg focusing on Murkowski’s results in the Senate. John Sununu focused his efforts in Rockingham, Hillsborough, and Merrimack counties, centering in on Senator Murkowski’s balance of energy and climate policy. Both later joined Murkowski’s watch party.

Finally, at a Concord rally, Vice President Paul Ryan came out to introduce Lisa Murkowski. In his introduction, he focused on the successes of the Romney administration, and how a gentle conservatism had won the day. The Vice President proceeded to hold rallies at Derry and Portsmouth, before heading to South Carolina to hold a rally and host a watch party at the Murkowski Charleston HQ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies