MAGA-teens harass Native American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MAGA-teens harass Native American
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Author Topic: MAGA-teens harass Native American  (Read 24917 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:33:24 PM »

Tell me again how Gillete's ad is the problem.

https://www.gq.com/story/maga-hat-indigenous-peoples-march

Multiple videos have surfaced since Friday showing a group of teenage boys crowded around attendants of the Indigenous Peoples March. In the footage of the encounter, many of the boys are wearing Make America Great Again hats, and can be seen laughing at and imitating a Native drummer. One boy even stands directly in front of the drummer, as close as he can get, staring the man down for several minutes.

The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Ohio, though according to the Cincinnati Enquirer there's no confirmation for that yet (the Enquirer did report that the school's website announced students would be traveling to D.C. for the March for Life). According to Indian Country Today, the man in the video is Omaha elder and Vietnam vet Nathan Phillips. The Indigenous Peoples March is neither a partisan nor explicitly anti-Trump event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:44:34 PM »

I was about to post this when I read it here. It made me want to throw up, but hey, do anything to #triggerthelibs or #triggerthecons. We are stooping so low, it is wanton. These are all basically clones of Kavanaugh when he was younger. God bless Nathan Phillips, an American vet, he’s done more to make America great as it is now than any of those make America white again turds for this country, and he stood there proudly, not batting an eyelash, knowing full well that he was in a very dangerous situation. What’s even more so awe-inspiring is he began to sing a prayer of healing for the brutes around him, wishing them well and that one day they may be cured of their troubles. Thomas Massie needs to comdemn this, I hope he will, I think he is better than this.
Jeffster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »

Tell me again how Gillete's ad is the problem.

https://www.gq.com/story/maga-hat-indigenous-peoples-march

Multiple videos have surfaced since Friday showing a group of teenage boys crowded around attendants of the Indigenous Peoples March. In the footage of the encounter, many of the boys are wearing Make America Great Again hats, and can be seen laughing at and imitating a Native drummer. One boy even stands directly in front of the drummer, as close as he can get, staring the man down for several minutes.

The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Ohio, though according to the Cincinnati Enquirer there's no confirmation for that yet (the Enquirer did report that the school's website announced students would be traveling to D.C. for the March for Life). According to Indian Country Today, the man in the video is Omaha elder and Vietnam vet Nathan Phillips. The Indigenous Peoples March is neither a partisan nor explicitly anti-Trump event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k

I knew one of you idiots would pick up this fake news story. The natives approached the group of kids, banging their drums and chanting. The kid pictured smiling, not doing anything else, he's just standing there and smiling, is now being doxxed and harassed by idiots like you on twitter. The native man walked up to the kid banging his drum and chanting, the kid did not walk up to the man. So what did the kid do wrong, and why should his life be ruined all because morons like you have an agenda?
https://twitter.com/mariajudy_/status/1086681831804674048
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »

One of these boys is the next Brett Kavanaugh, I'm sure.
Rover
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.18, S: -4.42

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »

Awful.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 02:07:04 PM »

"I LOVE THE POORLY-EDUCATED!"

-Donald Trump
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »

I HATE how the march for life has been commandeered to become just another MAGA rally. These scummy children have no idea what being pro-life is supposed to be about. They’ve brought shame on the movement and catholic high schools.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »

I think there is a massive lack of understanding of Native Americans and Native American cultures... ignorance even.

I think some of those boys were purposely mocking the man drumming while many others legitimately thought it was just having fun and dancing and clapping a bit.

And then there is a psychopath kid in the MAGA hat standing there trying to intimidate him.  He ought to be expelled.  Any other overt actors should receive a suspension, and all of them, along with the rest of the students and staff at the school should have some Native American cultural education.

The sad truth is that racist people are particularly nasty towards Native Americans because they don't fight back.  Just look at the comments in the Youtube video.  They're much worse even than what those kids did.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

Watched the full video and it should be very clear that nothing disrespectful happened in this video. They were clearly just enjoying themselves. You should see the actual problem juveniles in this country.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »

These are Trump supporters. This kid isn't the aberration, he's the norm.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »

These are Trump supporters Republicans. This kid isn't the aberration, he's the norm.
Jeffster
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »

Hello! Are you people illiterate, or being willfully ignorant? The kid in the picture smiling did not approach the man, he did not do anything but stand there as the man with the drum approached him, got in his face, banging and chanting, yet you want to ruin his life. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Here, look here, it clearly shows the drummer approaching the group of kids:

Look at the video again at this timestamp, the kid is just standing there, and the drummer got in his face. What was the kid supposed to do here that would have satisfied your insane minds, run away or bow down?
https://youtu.be/sIG5ZB0fw1k?t=43
Jeffster
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 02:21:01 PM »

I think there is a massive lack of understanding of Native Americans and Native American cultures... ignorance even.

I think some of those boys were purposely mocking the man drumming while many others legitimately thought it was just having fun and dancing and clapping a bit.

And then there is a psychopath kid in the MAGA hat standing there trying to intimidate him.  He ought to be expelled.  Any other overt actors should receive a suspension, and all of them, along with the rest of the students and staff at the school should have some Native American cultural education.

The sad truth is that racist people are particularly nasty towards Native Americans because they don't fight back.  Just look at the comments in the Youtube video.  They're much worse even than what those kids did.

You are so completely out of touch with reality and what actually happened here, but that's typical from your usual posts on here.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »

Anyone can make excuses for anything, but common sense can usually see through it.
Jeffster
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 02:28:18 PM »

Apparently when a person approaches you, and gets right up in your face banging a drum and chanting, if you don't move but instead stand your ground, you are the one intimidating the drummer/chanter. I'll bet if this was reversed, you'd be saying how heroic the native man is for standing his ground and how evil and intimidating the MAGA drummer was for getting in his face.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »

For your information, Jeffster is a Sanders supporter who thinks DREAMers are a scourge on American society and should be deported ASAP.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 02:36:02 PM »

Apparently when a person approaches you, and gets right up in your face banging a drum and chanting, if you don't move but instead stand your ground, you are the one intimidating the drummer/chanter. I'll bet if this was reversed, you'd be saying how heroic the native man is for standing his ground and how evil and intimidating the MAGA drummer was for getting in his face.
Congrats on being the first person I’ve ever blocked on this site.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »

This kid and the rest of theses kids are the essence of the Pro-Birth Movement. The
Jeffster
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »

For your information, Jeffster is a Sanders supporter who thinks DREAMers are a scourge on American society and should be deported ASAP.

And you are the one that has bought into this fake news story, and so far none of you have countered the evidence I have shown in this thread, yet. What are you waiting for? If the truth is on your side then show us. Show us it was the kids that approached the natives and got in their faces first. Show us that the kid whose photo you are spreading all over the net, and who your side is doxxing and harassing, is the one who approached the native man and got in his face first. Go ahead show us your evidence.
Jeffster
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »

Congrats on being the first person I’ve ever blocked on this site.
You are pathetic then. Nothing I have posted in this thread is untrue, or worthy of a block. You just don't like it when the narrative you so happily buy into every day turns out to be false.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

You are so completely out of touch with reality and what actually happened here, but that's typical from your usual posts on here.
Just digging through some of your posting history:

I knew one of you idiots would pick up this fake news story.

Shame on you, you hypocritical piece of crap.

Oh, and nice fake news headline you losers.

From your responses it seem to that you are a troll, and you have a tenuous grasp of the English language at best. Your posts are mostly nonsensical gibberish. Replying to you is getting boring.

You have nothing to support your argument, you authoritarian misandrist troll.

You are all disgusting, and should be ashamed of yourselves.

That explains why most of your posts on here are useless garbage that offer very little insight and contains a lack of arguments about the topic at hand, and are mostly just petty insults.

So apparently, it is you who has trouble reading. LMAO.

I'm not a conservative, you moron.

How about you idiots thank our free trade agreements with countries like China, and our open borders for illegal labor.

Way to miss the point, moron.

-------------------------------------------------

You have a problem and a bad personality. 

As for the video... I watched the youtube video and saw the kid just standing there staring the Native guy down.  Then I watched it again and saw the Native guy saunter in with his drum and then get in that guy's face.  I can admit when I'm wrong.  You, however, still have a bad personality.  Smiley
Jeffster
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »

I knew one of you idiots would pick up this fake news story. The natives approached the group of kids, banging their drums and chanting. The kid pictured smiling, not doing anything else, he's just standing there and smiling, is now being doxxed and harassed by idiots like you on twitter. The native man walked up to the kid banging his drum and chanting, the kid did not walk up to the man. So what did the kid do wrong, and why should his life be ruined all because morons like you have an agenda?

So maybe the Native Americans approached the kids.
So what? What's the big deal about that?
I doesn't mean the Deplorables should get 2-feet in their face (personal space), and taunt/mock their dance like immature morons.
And I'm glad the stupid kid is taking flak for what he did. He acted all macho there with all that racist MAGA crowd around him, feeding on the bigoted hate in that mob. But now he cowers like the wuss he really is.
If you walk up to me, and get right in my face banging a drum and chanting (invade my personal space), how is it my responsibility to stay more than 2 feet away from you? What kind of twisted logic is that? You are just coming up with any excuse to hate on these kids and ruin their life, because you are a gullible coward that believes the crap peddled by the leftist fake news.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »

The sheer f-cking resilience of Indigenous people is the forgotten story of the last 500 years. Seeing this behaviour from teenage boys who aren't radical, extreme, or anything that far from average makes me want to cry for humankind. It is absolutely disgusting to see this elder so mocked and infantilized.
Both Sides

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 04:56:56 PM »

American history in a nutshell, white settlers running over natives.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 05:25:49 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2019, 05:49:16 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1086691988886429696

Nathan Phillips, Native American, Vietnam Veteran, can speak for himself.  I don't see him as a victim here.  Even more, I don't believe he sees himself as victimized.  Indeed, in listening to his comments, I see him as deliberately working a crowd that, while not hostile, was showing disrespect for something they did not fully understand.  Even that creepy kid that engaged Mr. Phillips in a stare-out got the short end.  I believe Mr. Phillips deliberately engaged him in a stare-out, knowing he'd have the calm and self-discipline to prevail and, perhaps, teach the young man a needed lesson subtly.  (Which he did; today was a Win-Win for Mr. Phillips, whom I greatly admire for a number of reasons.)

Those of you on Atlas that view Nathan Phillips as a Massive FF (and he really is one, as opposed to most folks who pass for one around here) ought to consider his words, his demeanor, and his overall response.  Whether he's a Christian or not, I don't know, but he certainly modeled some key Christian principles.  "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do!"  Mr. Phillips certainly modeled this principle.  "Love your enemies."  Mr. Phillips was willing to see the good in these young people, and willing to see beyond their immediate ignorance to recognize the force for good these young men (who, today, were Preppy Jackasses) could be in the future with their youthful energy.  

If my teenage son acted this way at that event, he'd be sorry when he got home.  (I don't believe he would, but being in a crowd can bring out the stupid in people.)  These kids were acting immature; they'll have Social Media to provide the punishment for them, and Social Media is a cruel judge that often lacks justice and certainly lacks mercy.  But let's view this event for what it is.  Nathan Phillips is a man who knows the difference between real trouble and what passes for it on Atlas.  It's not just the Snotnose Preppies that could learn from Mr. Phillips over all of this.

And, while we're at it, let's not turn incidents of Stupid Snotnose Preppies Being Ignorant with the opening shot in the Coming Great Racial War.  It's nowhere near that.  I pray that such a day never come, and I honestly don't believe that America will get to that point.  But there are some folks who are bound and determined to help that along.  Scripture says that Life and Death are in the power of the tongue.  Making more of things then they actually are can be an unfortunate way of proving Scripture right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies