The Coalition System: Sign Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:40:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Coalition System: Sign Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Coalition System: Sign Up Thread  (Read 2671 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »

Was going to take Prussia but deleted the post, it's about time I changed nations. Are there any other nations/characters available other than the outstanding five on the list? I must admit neither of them seem to appeal to me right away.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »

Was going to take Prussia but deleted the post, it's about time I changed nations. Are there any other nations/characters available other than the outstanding five on the list? I must admit neither of them seem to appeal to me right away.

I could see opening up William I of the Netherlands, China under the Jianqing Emperor, King Kamehameha I of Hawaii, or really anyone else you could think of. You're a supreme player and would bring a depth of experience and fun to the game.

Why thank you!

I must confess I'm curious about Bonapartist and Bourbon Spain, yet a bit puzzled on how they might work given Joseph's puppet status and Ferdinand's prison in France. Could I ask how you envisioned gameplay for those options?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 01:08:20 AM »

Hell, I'm up to the insane challenge, Bonapartist Spain it is!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »

Actually (sorry for being undecided) could I ask for the Ottomans instead? I was reading about Mahmud II and found myself keenly interested on his work.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »

Not sure if you need maps, Dkrol, but if there's need for them I did found a Europe (needs work) and a World (generally accurate) Map for possible use:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »

Those are great, thank you Lumine.

What site do you use to post your maps to in order to be able to embed the photos into your Atlas posts? I used to use Photobucket but they've changed their terms and the free option is no longer an option.

Imgur, actually, works really well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »

Mexico is rebelling against Spain, not France...

While that is technically correct, everything that I gave been able to find indicates that Napoleon had direct control over affairs in Mexico, despite it technically being under Joseph's command, hence why I made it a French problem rather than a Spanish problem.

I wouldn't want to meddle too much, but I would have to point out all of the Spanish colonies outright refused to recognize Joseph as King and that the Napoleonic Empire never had any influence whatsoever in Mexico - perhaps there's a confusion of sources with Napoleon III's 1860's invasion? -, and indeed the Mexican War of the Independence was historically fought by the Spanish Loyalists, not the French.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:32:42 AM »

My apologies for my slow start, my vacations started only yesterday afternoon and I was swamped with delivering my final reports. Orders will be sent within two hours.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »

The turn ended at 7 AM this morning. I will accept the orders sent in up to this point, but anything sent at right now will be disregarded.

My sincere thanks! Next turn I'll be far more active and on point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies