Israel General Election (2019)- finalized parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:19:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Israel General Election (2019)- finalized parties
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the 2019 Israeli General Election?
Likud (Benjamin Netanyahu)

Blue and White (Gantz and Lapid)

Labour (Avi Gabbay)

New Right (Bennet and Shaked)

Meretz (Tamar Zandberg)

Kulanu (Moshe Kahlon)

Gesher (Orly Levi Abukasis)

Yisrael Beiteinu (Avigdor Lieberman)

Union of Right Wing Parties (Peretz and Smotrich)

Hadash-Ta'al (Odeh and Tibi)

Ra'am-Balad (Abbas and Shahada)

United Torah Judaism (Ya'akov Litzman)

Shas (Arye Deri)

Zehut (Moshe Feiglin)

Tzomet (Oren Hazan)

Others (specify in the comments)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Israel General Election (2019)- finalized parties  (Read 881 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
« edited: March 04, 2019, 05:10:35 PM by Parrotguy »

Man, the right would be screwed under these results. So many parties under the threshold.

I assume these results would mean new elections in less than a year?

The Atlas ones? Probably a grand KL-Meretz-Labour coalition. Either that or a Meretz-Labour minority coalition supported by Hadash-Ta'al from outside but I'm not sure Gabbay would be comfortable with this. Althought, I'm not sure how the seats are calculated but I guess there's a chance Labour and Meretz\KL pass 60 alone- if so, that's definitely the coalition, though Gabbay would be torn between joining Meretz and joining KL. Labour would be the kingmaker, and if I had to guess the pressure would be for Gabbay to join Meretz.

The only parties that pass the threshold as of now are KL, Meretz, Labour, HadashTaal, Likud and Zehut.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »

Blue & White - 36/7
Meretz - 36/37 (depends on which is larger between KL and Meretz)
Labor - 17
Hadash-Ta'al - 17
Likud - 8
Zehut - 5

All others below the threshold. Probably would result in the grand Zionist-left coalition Parrotguy described.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 05:40:11 PM »

While I'd usually vote for the right-wing populists who want to defend their heritage and sovereignty, but I'd imagine that they are very pro-settlement, so I voted for the pro-weed guys in stand.

By the way, Feiglin is staunchly against a two-state solution and for one Jewish state. So he's definitely very pro-settlement, perhaps almost as much as the said "populists".

So you're kinda out of options- it's either the anti-settlement left or the pro-settlement right, or the Arabs. I do think that Ra'am-Balad, half Islamist and half fiery anti-Zionist, could fit into the "right-wing populists who want to defend their heritage and sovereignity" category as well as URWP, but somehow, I doubt they'll fit the bill Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »

For me it's easily Labour. The best list in Israel and the one of the only two parties truly fighting for peope like me.

Who are "people like me" and what is the other party?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »

For me it's easily Labour. The best list in Israel and the one of the only two parties truly fighting for peope like me.

People like me- homosexuals and the secular public. The other party is Meretz, but on most issues (foreign policies and economics, mostly) I'm quite a bit to their right. I'm actually a bit to Labour's right on economics as well, but broadly, on I align with them well on religion-and-state issues, civil rights, the Palestinian issue and my strong dissatisfaction with Netanyahu's handling of the impoverished and dying periphery that I'm a part of (in exchange for showering the settlements with money).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »

People like me- homosexuals and the secular public. The other party is Meretz, but on most issues (foreign policies and economics, mostly) I'm quite a bit to their right. I'm actually a bit to Labour's right on economics as well, but broadly, on I align with them well on religion-and-state issues, civil rights, the Palestinian issue and my strong dissatisfaction with Netanyahu's handling of the impoverished and dying periphery that I'm a part of (in exchange for showering the settlements with money).

Yesh Atid has been pretty secularist, hasn't it? 
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 07:17:16 AM »

Yesh Atid has been pretty secularist, hasn't it? 

They don't really have the backbone and were vague on quite a lot of issues, and I also don't align with them on many issues and their rhetoric. And I really don't like Lapid.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies