Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:13:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125281 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »

Dear god this campaign logo is horrid.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »

Kinda funny, reading through this thread.

Apparently, there is some Bernie Bros conspiracy against her, just like with Beto and Booker and others. Any criticism of her must be from one of these conspirators, who aim to give Trump the presidency if its Not Sanders. This is totally sane to believe. /s

Geez, at this point, the anti-Bernie base are worse than the Pro-Bernie base. Kamala has some issues, and pointing them out isnt some kinda crime against her, its called vetting. Im not sure why such a thread became a dumpster fire(appears to have started when Jfern said something stupid, and then a bunch of poster started to promote the "Bernie Conspiracy" due to his comments), but seriously, y'all need to chill.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2019, 03:19:21 PM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

Both logos are pretty bad. Its kinda sad that two minor candidates(Ojeda and Gabbard) have objectively better and more creative banners than two sitting senators.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2019, 03:21:44 PM »

True, to tell the truth and from Harris supporter. Gillibrand, Tulsi and have better logos.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2019, 03:22:40 PM »

Im not sure why such a thread became a dumpster fire

To be fair, this is atlas
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »

Kamala Harris for the people banks and globalists
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2019, 03:36:16 PM »

Kamala Harris for the people banks and globalists

And Trump is for being Trump.
bilaps
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2019, 03:45:27 PM »

It's not her position on economic issues that is why I'm against her. It's her authoritarian position on criminal justice issues that makes me and many other progressives not want to support her. We don't need Michael Bloomberg running for the democratic nomination.
And yes, nominating a white person might not win us Iowa or Ohio, but that's not the point. Stuff like Kenosha/Erie that was Dem 2012-GOP 2016-Dem 2018 is going to flip back to the r's if we nominate someone like her. Most Obama-Trump voters, like RFKfan and others have pointed out, are racist! They're not going to vote for a black woman from CALIFORNIA. I think Harris can win the general but her path will involve Suburban Romney-Clinton dems in Southeast PA(Maxing out Bucks/Chester), Arizona, FL, Georgia, NC, and TX.
So racist they voted for a black man! Jesus Christ yall need to chill

Read this:
I saw this post on another forum and I think that it's 100% accurate:

"I said this yesterday in a different post and got crucified. I said that Obama won those the rural areas due to the fact that the recession hit those areas the hardest and all his GOP challengers in both election cycles where offering was more of the same basically ignoring the problem. Of course the GOP learned with Trump all they need is a charismatic leader on the right to say the things those rural voters want to hear about saving jobs and trade deals and they well flock too you even if you actually have no plan of doing anything like that. They took a page from the Obama "Change" Populist playbook and it worked. Of course if you add on racism, sexism and xenophobia like Trump did you can easily win those areas as well."

This is so silly. If people are racists and you describe them as such, like it's THE issue for them, because they're racists they would never vote for a black candidate. It is the essence of racism for god's sake.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2019, 03:50:56 PM »

This is so silly. If people are racists and you describe them as such, like it's THE issue for them, because they're racists they would never vote for a black candidate. It is the essence of racism for god's sake.
No it's not. Racism is complex and there are levels to it. You can be racist without being a cross burning zealot who mindlessly hates everyone with black skin.
bilaps
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:08 PM »

No it's not. Racism is complex and there are levels to it. You can be racist without being a cross burning zealot who mindlessly hates everyone with black skin.

i would argue exactly opposite. racism really isn't complex. it could have levels to it,but come on..
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

I don't know; I think the retro look is good.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »

i would argue exactly opposite. racism really isn't complex. it could have levels to it,but come on..
Well luckily I'm not going to spend time arguing facts with you. There are racist people that voted for Barack Obama. Next....
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2019, 03:55:37 PM »

The thing that is overlooked is that Trump ran a clearly racist campaign that played on resentment. That was not the case when Obama was running. There were a lot of apathetic racist voters who showed up just to vote for Trump in addition to Obama voters who switched to Trump.
ViaActiva

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »

A black female gun grabbing lawyer from California.

Good luck with the WWC in Michigan and Ohio. Cheesy

Reported for overt and unapologetic racism.

What's also obnoxious in this thread is the assumption that Kamala Harris is defined solely by 'identity politics' and people making certain judgements at this stage about which states she can win (remember when Bill Clinton said that Obama was the 'Jesse Jackson' candidate in 2008?) - all because she is a black woman. That's an implicit and almost as dangerous form of racism. It is an important moment that a black woman is running for President but please let's focus on her character, qualities, and position on the issues. Many people disregarded Obama's electoral chances because of historic racism in 2007-08 and they were wrong.
bilaps
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »

Well luckily I'm not going to spend time arguing facts with you. There are racist people that voted for Barack Obama. Next....

so smug

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »

I wonder if her relatively early entrance will change any minds.

How Garcetti, Holder, Swalwell, and even Biden see any realistic path to victory besides career building is beyond me.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »

The combination of red and yellow is bad, but I agree that the retro look is pleasing.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2019, 04:08:26 PM »

The combination of red and yellow is bad, but I agree that the retro look is pleasing.

At the second look, it's growing in me.
mgop
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2019, 04:10:09 PM »

A black female gun grabbing lawyer from California.

Good luck with the WWC in Michigan and Ohio. Cheesy

Reported for overt and unapologetic racism.

What's also obnoxious in this thread is the assumption that Kamala Harris is defined solely by 'identity politics' and people making certain judgements at this stage about which states she can win (remember when Bill Clinton said that Obama was the 'Jesse Jackson' candidate in 2008?) - all because she is a black woman. That's an implicit and almost as dangerous form of racism. It is an important moment that a black woman is running for President but please let's focus on her character, qualities, and position on the issues. Many people disregarded Obama's electoral chances because of historic racism in 2007-08 and they were wrong.

she doesn't have obama's charisma and ideology, country is not in recession. and she doesn't even look black to me, so i don't know where that "black card" coming from. all we know about her is that she's a wall street puppet and there is nothing racist about saying that.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2019, 04:13:45 PM »

Here in Georgia with a bunch of organizers and party people on my social media (more of them white than black I might add) and this announcement by far has gotten the biggest and most fervent reaction. She’s sweeping the South.

Same story in CA — word I’m getting is that her organizer and donor support here is nearly unanimous. And CA + the South + black support elsewhere is the nomination.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2019, 04:15:53 PM »

she doesn't even look black to me, so i don't know where that "black card" coming from.

It’s probably because she’s black.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »

Let's be completely honest here, if she gets a decent amount of support, it'll ONLY be because of the boxes she checks for sjw Democrats, not because of anything she's done in her career.

Let's be completely honest here, any woman who runs for anything is ONLY winning because she's an SJW female Democrat who didn't work hard at all for where she is at now.

Not in 2008 , Obama was clearly considered the more SJW candidate compared to Hillary and if Amy Klobacher for example runs this year she wouldn’t be a SJW candidate either .

Notice Klobuchar is the woman everyone cites. Why? Maybe because she's midwestern and that's the type of identity politics everyone likes, as opposed to the dirty identity politics of women on the coasts (especially black ones)?

There's a strong chance I'll support Gillibrand, (see sig) and I think Harris is a trash candidate.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »

Let's be completely honest here, if she gets a decent amount of support, it'll ONLY be because of the boxes she checks for sjw Democrats, not because of anything she's done in her career.

Let's be completely honest here, any woman who runs for anything is ONLY winning because she's an SJW female Democrat who didn't work hard at all for where she is at now.

Not in 2008 , Obama was clearly considered the more SJW candidate compared to Hillary and if Amy Klobacher for example runs this year she wouldn’t be a SJW candidate either .

Notice Klobuchar is the woman everyone cites. Why? Maybe because she's midwestern and that's the type of identity politics everyone likes, as opposed to the dirty identity politics of women on the coasts (especially black ones)?

There's a strong chance I'll support Gillibrand, (see sig) and I think Harris is a trash candidate.

You went from supporting a white man in the 2016 primary to initially supporting that same white man for this cycle’s primary to supporting a different white man from Texas to now supporting a white woman.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2019, 04:22:15 PM »

You went from supporting a white man in the 2016 primary to initially supporting that same white man for this cycle’s primary to supporting a different white man from Texas to now supporting a white woman.

In the long run people like that poster are pretty much irrelevant to who will get the nomination, so there's no use even trying to figure them out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies