Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:01:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125269 times)
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2019, 12:24:10 PM »

Wall Street and the 1% are having a ball. Their girl is in.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »

Excellent! And another big early announcement!
Deleted User #4049
MT2030
United States
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2019, 12:32:51 PM »

They'll be even more excited when pharma Booker runs.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2019, 12:50:17 PM »

lol, if Kamala Harris becomes the face of the Democratic Party, I could see Catholics voting at near-Evangelical levels.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »

The reactions on this thread are insane/make me sad about the future of our country.

I'm not Harris's biggest fan (believe it or not, white guy Bernie Bros, she's actually comfortably to the left of 95% the country), but she's fully qualified and has a very credible pathway to victory (even if it goes through non-real-american precincts.) So get the f**k over yourselves and treat her with more sanity and respect.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »

Neutral on Harris so far, but...

WTF is that logo. Seriously, who's idea was that?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »

Well, this thread is a total catastrophe.

She’s not my first choice by any means, but the amount of hatred for her in this thread is truly amazing. Then again, that’s what female candidates always do to Atlas.
James Monroe

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:51 PM »

Their guy is the president of the United States, and that's who they'll backed in 2020.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »

Their guy is the president of the United States, and that's who they'll backed in 2020.

Explain the swings of the richer suburbs to HRC, and the swings of poor rural counties to Trump? Apparently, voters thought differently about it.

Like this example shows you in MN (and check the swings in the counties), someone made a thread about that once.

Obama - Romney

Clinton - Trump

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »

Exciting
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:14 PM »

I don't get the staunch opposition to her from some Democrats or Berniebros. She's a pretty solid progressive, even though I don't like parts of her tenure as attorney general. I'd be excited to have her as the nominee, although Bullock and Beto are my very first choices. She'd be a decent running mate for either of these.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »

she can't win ohio, she can't win florida, she can't win election

The early 2000s called. They want their electoral map back.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2019, 01:50:13 PM »

My biggest problem with her as the nominee is that would signal to the country that the backlash towards Trump is really more cultural than anything else and such would only make our polarization worse. I also don’t view her as a candidate of change; she’s an establishment candidate wrapped up in a young woman of color. She’s not inspiring at least to me and her personality is not one I look for in a presidential candidate. She’s too warm and bubbly.

Anyone who supports her is an establishment Democratic hack.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »

My biggest problem with her as the nominee is that would signal to the country that the backlash towards Trump is really more cultural than anything else and such would only make our polarization worse. I also don’t view her as a candidate of change; she’s an establishment candidate wrapped up in a young woman of color. She’s not inspiring at least to me and her personality is not one I look for in a presidential candidate. She’s too warm and bubbly.

Anyone who supports her is an establishment Democratic hack.

I am a proud establishment hack.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2019, 02:00:00 PM »

I don't support her due to her Wall St. ties and her social authoritarianism, but the people complaining about "identity politics" are being ridiculous.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »

I don't support her due to her Wall St. ties and her social authoritarianism, but the people complaining about "identity politics" are being ridiculous.

Agree, focus more on the issues
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »

As a Knight of Columbus its going to be really hard to support her. Not ever going to vote for trump, but lets just say I'm hoping another candidate emerges as the nominee.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 02:15:17 PM by RFKFan68 »

It's not her position on economic issues that is why I'm against her. It's her authoritarian position on criminal justice issues that makes me and many other progressives not want to support her. We don't need Michael Bloomberg running for the democratic nomination.
And yes, nominating a white person might not win us Iowa or Ohio, but that's not the point. Stuff like Kenosha/Erie that was Dem 2012-GOP 2016-Dem 2018 is going to flip back to the r's if we nominate someone like her. Most Obama-Trump voters, like RFKfan and others have pointed out, are racist! They're not going to vote for a black woman from CALIFORNIA. I think Harris can win the general but her path will involve Suburban Romney-Clinton dems in Southeast PA(Maxing out Bucks/Chester), Arizona, FL, Georgia, NC, and TX.
So racist they voted for a black man! Jesus Christ yall need to chill
You can vote for Obama and think that black people are inherently inferior to white people. How many times did you hear the word “exceptional” and “articulate” to describe him? Many people compartmentalized his race and viewed him as different from other black people. You can also vote for Obama and think Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization that hates white people and that Mexicans are flooding the country and taking your jobs. Racism is very complex and Trump’s rhetoric was an inflammation of something that had been dormant for quite some time.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2019, 02:13:09 PM »

She’s not my first choice by any means, but the amount of hatred for her in this thread is truly amazing. Then again, that’s what female candidates always do to Atlas.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2019, 02:22:35 PM »

My biggest problem with her as the nominee is that would signal to the country that the backlash towards Trump is really more cultural than anything else

I mean, it is though. People aren't mad at the economy. Sure people think corporations are too powerful and health care sucks but most people approve of Trump on economics.

I think Trump is poor on economics myself.

A lot of these users like Elizabeth Warren so it isn't purely a female thing. It's a far left bubble thing. They're radicals with little understanding of fundamental economics.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »

My biggest problem with her as the nominee is that would signal to the country that the backlash towards Trump is really more cultural than anything else

I mean, it is though. People aren't mad at the economy. Sure people think corporations are too powerful and health care sucks but most people approve of Trump on economics.

I think Trump is poor on economics myself.

A lot of these users like Elizabeth Warren so it isn't purely a female thing. It's a far left bubble thing. They're radicals with little understanding of fundamental economics.

And that’s the problem I have with today’s politics and the corporate status quo in general and until people begin to realize to realize Trump is a symptom not the cause of our problems, we’re just going to continue down the path we are on.

I can’t speak for others but if anything my opposition for Harris is cultural and corporate based. Outside of criminal justice, she has little record on economics prior to arriving in the Senate, so there’s not much to attack her on but not much to trust her either. I’m fine with Elizabeth Warren in terms of policy but not sure how that makes me a radical unless you think Warren is a radical.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »

It's not her position on economic issues that is why I'm against her. It's her authoritarian position on criminal justice issues that makes me and many other progressives not want to support her. We don't need Michael Bloomberg running for the democratic nomination.
And yes, nominating a white person might not win us Iowa or Ohio, but that's not the point. Stuff like Kenosha/Erie that was Dem 2012-GOP 2016-Dem 2018 is going to flip back to the r's if we nominate someone like her. Most Obama-Trump voters, like RFKfan and others have pointed out, are racist! They're not going to vote for a black woman from CALIFORNIA. I think Harris can win the general but her path will involve Suburban Romney-Clinton dems in Southeast PA(Maxing out Bucks/Chester), Arizona, FL, Georgia, NC, and TX.
So racist they voted for a black man! Jesus Christ yall need to chill

Read this:
I saw this post on another forum and I think that it's 100% accurate:

"I said this yesterday in a different post and got crucified. I said that Obama won those the rural areas due to the fact that the recession hit those areas the hardest and all his GOP challengers in both election cycles where offering was more of the same basically ignoring the problem. Of course the GOP learned with Trump all they need is a charismatic leader on the right to say the things those rural voters want to hear about saving jobs and trade deals and they well flock too you even if you actually have no plan of doing anything like that. They took a page from the Obama "Change" Populist playbook and it worked. Of course if you add on racism, sexism and xenophobia like Trump did you can easily win those areas as well."
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »

She has my complete backing!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »

Let's be completely honest here, if she gets a decent amount of support, it'll ONLY be because of the boxes she checks for sjw Democrats, not because of anything she's done in her career.

Let's be completely honest here, any woman who runs for anything is ONLY winning because she's an SJW female Democrat who didn't work hard at all for where she is at now.

Not in 2008 , Obama was clearly considered the more SJW candidate compared to Hillary and if Amy Klobacher for example runs this year she wouldn’t be a SJW candidate either .

Notice Klobuchar is the woman everyone cites. Why? Maybe because she's midwestern and that's the type of identity politics everyone likes, as opposed to the dirty identity politics of women on the coasts (especially black ones)?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies