Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:50:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125278 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 21, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »

Here in Georgia with a bunch of organizers and party people on my social media (more of them white than black I might add) and this announcement by far has gotten the biggest and most fervent reaction. She’s sweeping the South.

Too early to tell, especially considering we might have at least a dozen candidates in the primary.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »

I’m seeing a lot of enthusiasm for Kamala on Twitter... from white liberals and media figures. But black people seem to be complaining about her “pro-cop record”. This is just acedotal evidence. Obama didn’t catch fire with the blacks till state’s started actually voting in 2008.

No surprise, but it's certainly valid criticism. I've been trying to say that Harris and Booker doing very well among the black vote is no guarantee, especially with how split this primary will be. We have to stop assuming that black candidates will win the black vote and then the nomination or get very close to it. And Twitter is not the best indication of support, but I'm sure you know that, lol. I also assume that the white liberals you're referring to mostly must've been HRC 2016 supporters which would make a lot of sense.

She stole her slogan from John Morgan's law firm lol

Lol. "Morgan and Morgan, For the People."
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2019, 04:09:40 PM by OneJ »

Her launch rally is shaping up to have a massive turnout-

Definitely a good-sized turnout out there. However, that crowd does look very white I must say.

EDIT: Not trying to suggest anything, just an observation.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 10:19:15 AM »

What a ridiculous concern troll. If we're going to have this debate, Obama was way, way less "really black" than Harris is. Obama was raised by his white mother in Indonesia, Kansas and Hawaii with basically zero black people around, never attended a black church until he was an adult, barely even knew his African (not descended from slaves) father and went to an Ivy League college. By contrast, Harris grew up with her Jamaican-American (descended from slaves) father for much of her childhood, attended a predominantly black church (including singing in the choir), lived in a mixed-race neighborhood with a significant black population in Berkeley as a child and went to the preeminent historically black college, Howard, where she was part of the largest black sorority in the country.

Older Black voters had concerns about Obama and then Obama spoke and then Michelle spoke. Obama was a natural politician and he turned the tide with Black primary voters besides his barnstorming in Iowa, where he also appealed to people in a more folksy manner. Harris is nothing like Obama in that way. Harris might still get huge support from female Black primary voters, who are crucial to any Democrat trying to win the primary. However there is negative backlash among young Black voters that never existed with Obama, I've seen it and heard it first hand. I'm not concern trolling, I want a combination of the most competent, most experienced, and electable Democrat to win the primary. I'm not convinced Harris is that.

Pretty much this.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »

I should’ve stopped taking you seriously after your first post, but the fact you think Biden is an exciting candidate is where it’s evident you’re just trolling.

Again, literally ignoring every other townhall and event she packs. That’s called grasping at straws and you’re embarrassing yourself.

Adam didn’t even call Biden an exciting candidate. However, what he said is still true. Biden will be able to draw those kind of crowd sizes in SC due to being Obama’s VP and is just overall well-liked among the black community whether we like it or not. That’s not like saying a Harris is a great candidate for the general election because she drew over 20k people at her initial rally in her hometown.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 06:43:37 PM »

Many of the ideology/vote tracking sites can be pretty mediocre or simply rating politicians wrong. For example, voteview rates Ocasio-Cortez as one of the most conservative members in the House!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 06:39:32 AM »

It’s hard to pinpoint the bases that Harris and O’Rourke each have since their bases are pretty small, atm. However, from what I can tell O’Rourke does better with white voters (+ other voters) without a college degree (therefore doing a little better among younger voters) while Harris is the opposite doing better with whites (and other voters) with a college degree (and a little better with older voters).
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »

This is up there with Beto's horrible war tax plan about a month ago.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 04:24:23 PM »

To be fair to Harris, this is the kind of thing I'd probably do as a politician. I can't count the number of times I've misheard someone and just smiled and nodded instead of asking them what they said. It's easier than saying "Sorry, I'm 21 but I have the hearing of an 86-year-old."

To be fair, this isn't the first time she's done this. Remember her raising her hand for eliminating private health insurance (or something like that) only for her to say she didn't fully hear the question? Seems to be a bad habit of her's.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »

I wonder if she's trying to make a "moment" out of this in order to get her numbers back up.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »

Wow...
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2019, 12:50:59 PM by Speaker OneJ »

>THE BEST THING THAT STOPS A BULLET IS A JOB

What in the Christ is up with Democratic candidates and this question?

Oof. She sort of sounded like a Republican here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies