Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:15:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125282 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 21, 2019, 08:42:13 AM »

Here in Georgia with a bunch of organizers and party people on my social media (more of them white than black I might add) and this announcement by far has gotten the biggest and most fervent reaction. She’s sweeping the South.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

Racist voters: *are racist and sexist*
Populist Democrats: oh no we need to nominate a white male to win, a black woman would be identity politics!
Racist voters: *remain racist and sexist*
Populist Democrats:

This thread is funny. Acting as if nominating a white male who NEVER speaks about issues that disproportionally affect women and non-white people that he will get within spitting distance of the White House. Newsflash: The 90’s are over.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:13:00 PM »

Racist voters: *are racist and sexist*
Populist Democrats: oh no we need to nominate a white male to win, a black woman would be identity politics!
Racist voters: *remain racist and sexist*
Populist Democrats:

This thread is funny. Acting as if nominating a white male who NEVER speaks about issues that disproportionally affect women and non-white people that he will get within spitting distance of the White House. Newsflash: The 90’s are over.

Uh clinton spoke about abortion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Burleigh#Personal_life
Ok? And governed like a Republican on issues like criminal justice and “welfare reform”.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »

The path to winning is through Democratic trending suburbs and Harris is one of the candidates who can do that. Democrats who won statewide in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by running up score in heavily Democratic areas and chipping away are suburban margins. No matter who the nominee is they have to adapt to the new map.
This. She can win Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania through the widening gender gap and increased millennial and black turnout, keep Florida competitive, and put Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina in play.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2019, 02:15:17 PM by RFKFan68 »

It's not her position on economic issues that is why I'm against her. It's her authoritarian position on criminal justice issues that makes me and many other progressives not want to support her. We don't need Michael Bloomberg running for the democratic nomination.
And yes, nominating a white person might not win us Iowa or Ohio, but that's not the point. Stuff like Kenosha/Erie that was Dem 2012-GOP 2016-Dem 2018 is going to flip back to the r's if we nominate someone like her. Most Obama-Trump voters, like RFKfan and others have pointed out, are racist! They're not going to vote for a black woman from CALIFORNIA. I think Harris can win the general but her path will involve Suburban Romney-Clinton dems in Southeast PA(Maxing out Bucks/Chester), Arizona, FL, Georgia, NC, and TX.
So racist they voted for a black man! Jesus Christ yall need to chill
You can vote for Obama and think that black people are inherently inferior to white people. How many times did you hear the word “exceptional” and “articulate” to describe him? Many people compartmentalized his race and viewed him as different from other black people. You can also vote for Obama and think Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization that hates white people and that Mexicans are flooding the country and taking your jobs. Racism is very complex and Trump’s rhetoric was an inflammation of something that had been dormant for quite some time.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:50:56 PM »

This is so silly. If people are racists and you describe them as such, like it's THE issue for them, because they're racists they would never vote for a black candidate. It is the essence of racism for god's sake.
No it's not. Racism is complex and there are levels to it. You can be racist without being a cross burning zealot who mindlessly hates everyone with black skin.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »

This is so silly. If people are racists and you describe them as such, like it's THE issue for them, because they're racists they would never vote for a black candidate. It is the essence of racism for god's sake.
No it's not. Racism is complex and there are levels to it. You can be racist without being a cross burning zealot who mindlessly hates everyone with black skin.

i would argue exactly opposite. racism really isn't complex. it could have levels to it,but come on..
Well luckily I'm not going to spend time arguing facts with you. There are racist people that voted for Barack Obama. Next....
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »

Here in Georgia with a bunch of organizers and party people on my social media (more of them white than black I might add) and this announcement by far has gotten the biggest and most fervent reaction. She’s sweeping the South.

Same story in CA — word I’m getting is that her organizer and donor support here is nearly unanimous. And CA + the South + black support elsewhere is the nomination.
Yup. She will win California decisively, California having their primary in March pretty much stifles Cory Booker's chances. After the first Super Tuesday the only viable candidates left in the primary will be Harris, Warren, and one of the white men (hopefully someone not named Sanders or Biden).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »

Exactly. Beto is much more likely to win a 50%+1 majority because of this. Harris, however, doesnt have universal name rec in CA, nor the favorables to get such a majority, alongside the fact that the field will be pretty divided.
Harris is still going to get two times as many votes as the 2nd place finisher in California and gain hundreds of delegates on all the irrelevants. She, Warren, and one or two white male candidates will be the only viable people after Super Tuesday.

Hopefully Biden and Sanders sit their ass down so that someone else has a chance.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 12:42:27 AM »

Um Hillary was considered less SJW than Obama in 2008 . The reason why we call Harris and Gillibrand social justice warriors is because they are social justice warriors.

No, they aren't, and it's a useless term anyway. If Gillibrand is a SJW for championing sexual assault victims for decades, for example, count me in.

And Klobachar, btw, is no less outspoken on social issues than them. She was very outspoken against Kavanaugh, for example.
Klobuchar isn’t a SJW because she talks about those issues without offending his wittle fragile white ego. How dare someone acknowledge that a country that tried to exterminate Natives and brought people here as slaves have implicit biases against those said groups that linger today.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »

If Beto will run, it will be social media hype contest between her and O'Rourke and Biden (who isn't prone to social media) may be not able to find oneself in it.

Beto is all sizzle, no steak.  Running in a crowded Democratic primary isn't the same as being the only alternative to Ted Cruz--if Beto does decide to run, his campaign will implode as soon as voters get a sense of how vacuous his candidacy is.  And Biden has more unchecked baggage than a Southwest airline--imagine all the problems Hilary's campaign couldn't shake and multiply those by ten.
Unfortunately, I agree with Beto. He is so gimmicky and it’s almost becoming annoying. He still might be able to translate his shtick into votes to remain competitive but in a whittled down primary between him and Harris, I’d rather be Harris.

Biden is trash, and if he cares anything about preserving his legacy he would sit the hell down and let people born after V-Day have a shot.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »

Why are y’all passionately debating a known troll?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:43:50 PM »

So Kamala Harris derangement syndrome is a thing too, huh? Didn't take long for that to happen.

An Indian-African American woman who isn’t True LeftTM was always gonna rile up the #populist Purple heart Bernouts.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

I'd like to note that Harris' campaign chairwoman is the person in charge of crafting a policy agenda (so-called) for Hillary's 2016 campaign.  Talk about failing upward Tongue
Maya Harris helped edit "The New Jim Crow" which has become a major point of reference for the Black Lives Matter movement and criminal justice reform activists. This makes me happy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 07:05:08 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

She's my likely choice as of now.

I mean, she fought to keep an innocent man behind bars for pretty much no reason Tongue
Who cares? No one is voting based on that when there are far bigger issues at stake.
That man's family? You can support her without completely disregarding and hand-waving her faults.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »

She is shining in this town hall. Eased a few of my fears on her record. Feel very comfortable with her in my top tier.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 11:41:45 PM »

She was not mocking "schools not jails". She says she agrees with that in theory (which contemplates deterrence of future criminals), but that it doesn’t solve current criminal activity.

People who don't send their child to school are committing child abuse. Y'all are so anti-Kamala that you are advocating for child neglect.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 11:52:16 PM »

Idk how she can be “killing it” when she said her #1 goal was tax cuts and not M4A/GND. Tax cuts for the middle class arent bad but we have higher priorities. Overall, its a meh from me, very vague generic “im for good things and against bad things” town hall.
She did not say that was her #1 goal, she said that would be the first thing she would do. It seems to me you want to be lied to and told things that make you feel good.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

Can we give the maroon avs their own "Kamala Derangement Megathread" So they don't keep spamming the 2020 Forum with individual articles?

Criticism of Harris for legitimately substantive reasons isn't "derangement".
But it is when it involves Bernie Sanders? Oh.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 08:15:30 PM »

Ugh. Kamala has to come up with a way to cut Biden off at the knees before South Carolina without making herself look hostile and desperate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 01:59:56 PM »

Harris is fine. One, people are still getting to know her. Biden and Bernie don’t have that luxury. Two, I’m not entirely convinced the two 80 year old front runners will be able to keep up with the demanding tasks of a national campaign. This thing is wide open.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »

Kamala puts Beto on notice:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/kamala-rides-into-betos-texas-1227893

Harris has already reached out to Congressional Black Caucus members from Texas, including Reps. Eddie Bernice Johnson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Al Green, Colin Allred and Marc Veasey, according to a Democrat familiar with the calls.

The aggressive maneuvering is the surest sign yet that for all of O’Rourke’s appeal at home — owing to his tantalizingly close loss to Republican Sen. Ted Cruz last fall — Harris isn’t ceding Texas to O’Rourke or his fellow Texan Julián Castro, the former Obama-era Housing and Urban Development secretary from San Antonio. If anything, it’s the opposite: She wants to make clear that she’s willing to go toe-to-toe with O’Rourke, the charismatic Gen-Xer who starts the race with more money and a similar knack for drawing media and exciting audiences.

"There is no state in America we will cede to anyone," a senior Harris campaign official told POLITICO. "We see a lot of opportunity to deepen support with African American and Latino communities and to expand into suburban areas where Democrats are resurgent."

Harris and her team think they can win a significant share of Texas delegates by focusing on the Houston and Dallas areas. They pointed to Harris' advocacy for Dreamers in the Senate as an advantage with Latino voters and noted that she will hold her first campaign rally in Texas at one of the nation's largest historically black colleges, a choice reflecting her priorities as a candidate.

Yet he and other Democrats in the state still see an opening for non-Texans to win a significant share of the state’s 228 pledged delegates, particular for a candidate with Harris' profile. He said she can appeal to African American and Latino voters, attract media attention across the state and highlight her career in law enforcement in a part of the country where law-and-order candidates run strong.

“She gives a heck of a speech. She’s inspiring. She has an interesting story,” Strother said. “The fact she’s put some bad people behind bars is not going to cut against her here. We want bad people behind bars. I think she’ll do well. She’ll get a lot of support.”

The Texas Primary is the one I’m most excited about. And I want the nominee campaigning in Texas hard in the general.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »

Beto's my first choice right now, but Kamala is my second. I love them both tbh. Whatever happens, I want the two of them together on the Democratic ticket for 2020 in either formation.
Same. They are the candidates I feel will run strongest in the Sun Belt, while simultaneously winning back MI/WI/PA. I really want someone to help out the Senate candidates in NC/GA/AZ/TX.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »

Kamala's policy proposals have been pretty solid so far. First the LIFT act and now this.

Not sure why she's getting praise for something fairly common sense. Have any other candidates proposed something similar?
This is so petty lol. Just say you don't like her and call it a day.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies