Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:19:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kamala Harris 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 125275 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« on: January 21, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »

she can't win ohio, she can't win florida, she can't win election

She doesn't have to win Ohio or Florida to win the election. She only has to win the same states as Hillary did in 2016 plus MI, PA & WI and that's it. If she wins any other states (potentially NC, IA, GA, FL or AZ) then that's just padding the victory/score.

Also, no Democratic candidate besides MAYBE Sherrod Brown or Joe Biden is winning Ohio.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »

You guys are so corny.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »

A black female gun grabbing lawyer from California.

Good luck with the WWC in Michigan and Ohio. Cheesy

This. Hopefully you red avs are smarter than we think.
She doesn't need to. No Democratic candidate outside of maybe Sherrod Brown or Joe Biden is winning Ohio.

She just needs to run up the score in the suburbs in Michigan to win. She doesn't need to win the "white working class".

The path to the WH in 2020 for Democrats is to have the same map as Hillary in 2016 plus Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin. That's it. As long as the Democratic candidate doesn't ignore those states, then they should likely win those states. Wisconsin is the only one that should kind of worry Dems.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »

It's not her position on economic issues that is why I'm against her. It's her authoritarian position on criminal justice issues that makes me and many other progressives not want to support her. We don't need Michael Bloomberg running for the democratic nomination.
And yes, nominating a white person might not win us Iowa or Ohio, but that's not the point. Stuff like Kenosha/Erie that was Dem 2012-GOP 2016-Dem 2018 is going to flip back to the r's if we nominate someone like her. Most Obama-Trump voters, like RFKfan and others have pointed out, are racist! They're not going to vote for a black woman from CALIFORNIA. I think Harris can win the general but her path will involve Suburban Romney-Clinton dems in Southeast PA(Maxing out Bucks/Chester), Arizona, FL, Georgia, NC, and TX.
So racist they voted for a black man! Jesus Christ yall need to chill

Read this:
I saw this post on another forum and I think that it's 100% accurate:

"I said this yesterday in a different post and got crucified. I said that Obama won those the rural areas due to the fact that the recession hit those areas the hardest and all his GOP challengers in both election cycles where offering was more of the same basically ignoring the problem. Of course the GOP learned with Trump all they need is a charismatic leader on the right to say the things those rural voters want to hear about saving jobs and trade deals and they well flock too you even if you actually have no plan of doing anything like that. They took a page from the Obama "Change" Populist playbook and it worked. Of course if you add on racism, sexism and xenophobia like Trump did you can easily win those areas as well."
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »

I’m seeing a lot of enthusiasm for Kamala on Twitter... from white liberals and media figures. But black people seem to be complaining about her “pro-cop record”. This is just acedotal evidence. Obama didn’t catch fire with the blacks till state’s started actually voting in 2008.

Just a random twitter anecdote, sadly something like that can be a hangup for a lot of people in the black community moreso than it should be.

I think that her being married to a White man will have only a marginal effect among the Black vote. It won't be significant.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 06:00:59 PM »

This is so silly. If people are racists and you describe them as such, like it's THE issue for them, because they're racists they would never vote for a black candidate. It is the essence of racism for god's sake.
No it's not. Racism is complex and there are levels to it. You can be racist without being a cross burning zealot who mindlessly hates everyone with black skin.

i would argue exactly opposite. racism really isn't complex. it could have levels to it,but come on..
Well luckily I'm not going to spend time arguing facts with you. There are racist people that voted for Barack Obama. Next....

so smug
You don't have to be a card carrying member of the KKK to be a White supremacist/nationalist.

In fact, most White people who are racist are not apart of any official hate group. Racism has levels to it.

Also, the statement I quoted also explains the other reasons why Obama was able to win a lot of those areas despite him being Black.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »

Dear god this campaign logo is horrid.

I don't know; I think the retro look is good.

The combination of red and yellow is bad, but I agree that the retro look is pleasing.
I agree as well, but she shouldn't have added the "for the people". It doesn't feel genuine. And the yellow is very hard to read. It's such a terrible colour design, but fine, after all it's still a logo. It should have a minor or marginal effect.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »

I’m seeing a lot of enthusiasm for Kamala on Twitter... from white liberals and media figures. But black people seem to be complaining about her “pro-cop record”. This is just acedotal evidence. Obama didn’t catch fire with the blacks till state’s started actually voting in 2008.

No surprise, but it's certainly valid criticism. I've been trying to say that Harris and Booker doing very well among the black vote is no guarantee, especially with how split this primary will be. We have to stop assuming that black candidates will win the black vote and then the nomination or get very close to it. And Twitter is not the best indication of support, but I'm sure you know that, lol. I also assume that the white liberals you're referring to mostly must've been HRC 2016 supporters which would make a lot of sense.
She and Booker might split the Black male vote. However, she would dominate the Black female vote. Black women vote in higher numbers and are slightly more Democratic leaning than Black men.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 06:37:47 PM »

Has Harris every actually done anything to connect with the black community?

They might consider her but Booker has been much more a pro black candidate.

She comes from San Francisco/Bay area which is mostly white and asian. Only a few black people are there. Meanwhile Booker comes from heavily black Newark so he has some idea on how to connect to black candidates

On criminal justice issues she was not a great candidate for the black community as she had many harsh policies as AG. Meanwhile Booker was one of the largest proponents of CJ reform working strongly with Rand Paul

Booker has also shown much more aptness to visit deep south states atm so this also helps him.

And no having an affair with Willie Brown does not count as connecting with the black community
She attended Howard University, which is one of the best HBCUs in the country. Anyways, Kamala is from Oakland.

Oakland has a sizable Black population. Also, The Black Panther Party started in Oakland.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 06:46:57 PM »

No surprise, but it's certainly valid criticism. I've been trying to say that Harris and Booker doing very well among the black vote is no guarantee, especially with how split this primary will be. We have to stop assuming that black candidates will win the black vote and then the nomination or get very close to it. And Twitter is not the best indication of support, but I'm sure you know that, lol. I also assume that the white liberals you're referring to mostly must've been HRC 2016 supporters which would make a lot of sense.
She and Booker might split the Black male vote. However, she would dominate the Black female vote. Black women vote in higher numbers and are slightly more Democratic leaning than Black men.
“Unlike Booker though, Harris will say no to dark money. Multiple outlets report that she plans on rejecting assistance from super PACs as well as corporate dollars.”
This is cool and all (I also already knew this) but why did you quote me lol?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »

I think Kamala has united Black support, there's no reason for Booker to run.

Booker is still young, so at the very least a competitive run in 2020 further establishes him as a leader in the party and maybe sets up a more successful run down the road. 

What's more, if we game this out a little, it's not hard to imagine Booker splitting votes with Harris, giving Gillibrand the opening she needs to consolidate support as a compromise candidate for the moderates and progressives.  If Gillibrand gets the nomination, Booker is an obvious veep pick, and boom, he's one step away from the presidency.

I agree with most of this except for the Gillibrand part. Out of all the major candidates in the primary, she's the least likely to win. Hell, Bloomberg is doing better in NY than her.
What? I don't think Gillibrand will get the nomination but Bloomberg is not going to do better than her in New York State.

That's ridiculous.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

She's my likely choice as of now.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

I saw parts her speech. It was a good speech and I hope she continues to address criminal justice in a proper way.

She's my likely choice as of now.

I mean, she fought to keep an innocent man behind bars for pretty much no reason Tongue
Who cares? No one is voting based on that when there are far bigger issues at stake.
That man's family? You can support her without completely disregarding and hand-waving her faults.
This. That's why i said I like how she addressed criminal justice and I hope she continuously speaks on it in a proper way.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »

She was not mocking "schools not jails". She says she agrees with that in theory (which contemplates deterrence of future criminals), but that it doesn’t solve current criminal activity.

People who don't send their child to school are committing child abuse. Y'all are so anti-Kamala that you are advocating for child neglect.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:26 AM »

She is shining in this town hall. Eased a few of my fears on her record. Feel very comfortable with her in my top tier.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »

Trump would defeat her soundly. Dems do not have a consensus unifying candidate in 2020.

Beto is most definitely not "consensus unifying" on a national level.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 05:57:47 PM »

Ah so you're using worthless anecdotal evidence.

If my experiences to you are worthless, than so be it, that's your opinion. I would encourage you to go out and talk to people because I'd like to know what people are feeling and thinking about the Democratic candidates who have announced so far.
Most people on the street don't know who she is or have barely heard of her.

Not my streets.
Well, of course, you're from California.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »

Harris is a nothingburger. She’s going nowhere

The establishment donors will pull their finding and coalesce behind O'Rourke or Gillibrand after Harris finishes 4th in Iowa, 5th in New Hampshire, 3rd in South Carolina, and 4th in Nevada.
LOL.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »

As time has gone along, I'm starting to like Kamala even more. I think that she will do well in the debates and that's where she'll shine the most.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 09:08:21 PM »

Her advantage as well Biden's, whom both have the same voters, Lawyers are electable

Biden's coalition is vastly different from Kamala's core voter base. Old baby boomers are crazy about Joe Biden's run, it's the Obama coalition of 2008 that's made up of young people and minorities who are enthusiastic of Kamala candidacy.

Except that the “Obama coalition of 2008” is by definition not really young anymore - All the young from then are in their thirties now.
Yes but there is still Late Gen Y (aka Millennials) and Early Gen Z (those born around 1994-2002). I am apart of this cohort.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 12:48:29 AM »

Kamala's teacher pay policy has even received the endorsement of Klobuchar lol
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »

Kamala smashed Q1

$12 million raised

218K individual contributors

98% of contributions <$100
99% of contributors can donate again
That's fantastic!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »

Kamala smashed Q1

$12 million raised

218K individual contributors

98% of contributions <$100
99% of contributors can donate again
That's fantastic!

Not really for a Senator from California who was among the first to kick off her campaign. Half of what Obama raised Q1 12 years ago.
Um, she's still not all that known nationwide. Also, people need to STOP COMPARING EVERY DEMOCRAT TO OBAMA!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »

Wow, Harris had really crappy fundraising. A national figure and senator from CA, a frontrunner and one of the first to kickstart a campaign, and she only managed to raise 1.5x the amount of Mayor Pete Buttigieg.
She's not a "national figure" at all. Wow, you guys are a bunch of haters.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »

Not sure why people are pushing that Kamala is a national figure. Yes, is she one of the better known national dems? Sure, but still not a lot. Just look at all of the polls going on -- even her score of "Don't Know" is still pretty high among even DEMOCRATS, let alone all voters.

Her candidacy and supposed popularity is more of a media creation than anything else.  Besides being an identity politics candidate from the most "coastal elitist" city in the country (besides NYC of course), what does she have to offer as a future President?

Is anyone who’s not a white male going to be referred to as an identity politics candidate? Are non-white, non-male candidates not supposed to speak about how their experience as a part of a historically marginalized community has shaped their perspectives on issues?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies