Trump vs Mainstream Media
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:22:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump vs Mainstream Media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who do you trust the most ?
Donald Trump

Mainstream media

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Trump vs Mainstream Media  (Read 1370 times)
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:15:24 AM »

Who do you trust the most ?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »

Donald Trump.

But I hate elites. They all live in upscale areas, they believe their college degrees make them special (which they don't) and they look down on average middle Americans.

They all live in the same liberal cocktail circuit. I loved watching Donald Trump call them "absolute scum" and then watch America elect him President.;

I enjoy seeing people I don't like put in their place.

As Michael Moore of all people said, "The enemy of my enemy is who I vote for."

If the majority of people who hate Trump are people I dislike, I like him more.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »

You're misinterpreting "elites" from "rich people".

As liberal professor Joan Williams said:

“Most working-class people have little contact with the truly rich,” Williams explains, “but they suffer class affronts from professionals every day: the doctor who unthinkingly patronizes the medical technician, the harried office worker who treats the security guard as invisible, the overbooked business traveler who snaps at the TSA agent.”

Williams chastises the professional-managerial elite, or PME, for the sort of thoughtless and condescending behavior that breeds animosity among the white working class, or WWC, as she dubbed it in the post-election Harvard Business Review essay that inspired this book (apparently you’re not an official socioeconomic segment without an acronym). The president, for one, knows better. “Brashly wealthy celebrities epitomize the fantasy of being wildly rich while losing none of your working-class cred,” Williams writes. “Trump epitomizes this.”
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »

I agree Reaganfan that condescending to people of lower class stature is wrong. Like immigrants for example. Treating them like a bunch of murders and rapists because they overstayed work visas or are seeking asylum from the violence back home isn’t right and very snarky.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:27:38 PM »

I agree Reaganfan that condescending to people of lower class stature is wrong. Like immigrants for example. Treating them like a bunch of murders and rapists because they overstayed work visas or are seeking asylum from the violence back home isn’t right and very snarky.

One big difference. One group are American citizens. The other isn't.

You on the left have no sense of country, nation, borders, laws, tribalism.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »

Where's the "neither" option?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 12:35:06 PM »

Weird cause Native Americans are citizens yet you are completely defending those racist kids, heck women are citizens and you were disgusting in the metoo threads. Face it you are a complete hypocrite who will sing this sad song of the WWC being condescended too by educated “elitist” yet when it comes to minorities, women, immigrants, lgbtq, and Muslims you’re the most condescending person in the world
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »

I trust the Fourth Estate over Trump (and any of his lackeys) any day of the week.  And unlike the Commander-in-Chief, they at least have the humility to admit when they make a mistake.  I appreciate that. 
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:05 PM »

Donald Trump.

But I hate elites. They all live in upscale areas, they believe their college degrees make them special (which they don't) and they look down on average middle Americans.

They all live in the same liberal cocktail circuit. I loved watching Donald Trump call them "absolute scum" and then watch America elect him President.;

I enjoy seeing people I don't like put in their place.

As Michael Moore of all people said, "The enemy of my enemy is who I vote for."

If the majority of people who hate Trump are people I dislike, I like him more.

Oh, triggered.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 05:00:47 PM »

Hollywood
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:05 PM »

Other was an option.  24 people so far picked the Donald and the Mainstream Media options, so 24 people cannot be trusted for accurate information. 
Hollywood
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 05:12:09 PM »

Weird cause Native Americans are citizens yet you are completely defending those racist kids, heck women are citizens and you were disgusting in the metoo threads. Face it you are a complete hypocrite who will sing this sad song of the WWC being condescended too by educated “elitist” yet when it comes to minorities, women, immigrants, lgbtq, and Muslims you’re the most condescending person in the world

The Native American story was demonstrated to be false.  You shouldn't have trusted the mainstream media. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »

The Native American story was demonstrated to be false.  You shouldn't have trusted the mainstream media. 
Except it wasn’t. Sorry but the black Israelites being jerks doesn’t justify those kids being aholes to Philips no matter how much your racist butt what’s it too
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »

You're misinterpreting "elites" from "rich people".

As liberal professor Joan Williams said:

“Most working-class people have little contact with the truly rich,” Williams explains, “but they suffer class affronts from professionals every day: the doctor who unthinkingly patronizes the medical technician, the harried office worker who treats the security guard as invisible, the overbooked business traveler who snaps at the TSA agent.”

Williams chastises the professional-managerial elite, or PME, for the sort of thoughtless and condescending behavior that breeds animosity among the white working class, or WWC, as she dubbed it in the post-election Harvard Business Review essay that inspired this book (apparently you’re not an official socioeconomic segment without an acronym). The president, for one, knows better. “Brashly wealthy celebrities epitomize the fantasy of being wildly rich while losing none of your working-class cred,” Williams writes. “Trump epitomizes this.”

That's your definition of 'elite.'  Others are free to disagree with you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »

I would literally Trust a three card Monte player over Trump.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »

Easily the mainstream media. They aren't perfect, mind you, but they at least try to be as accurate and objective as possible unlike our President and the media outlets that serve as his propagandists who exist in their own reality.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 09:58:03 PM »

Both have their own share of problems.

Trump is stuck in his own mindset and almost always disregards anything other people say which doesn't fit with that mindset.

The mainstream media is heavily influenced by corporations/establishment figures that they will often go out of their way to make their reporting favorable toward them and against anti-establishment figures/ideas.

Overall, if I had to pick one of these two sides, I'd go with the mainstream media, but if I could choose a third side, I'd go with non-mainstream media which emphasizes objectivity over so-called "neutrality."
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 10:03:18 PM »

Neither
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 10:54:28 PM »

Cashew
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 11:31:02 PM »

Both have their own share of problems.

Trump is stuck in his own mindset and almost always disregards anything other people say which doesn't fit with that mindset.

The mainstream media is heavily influenced by corporations/establishment figures that they will often go out of their way to make their reporting favorable toward them and against anti-establishment figures/ideas.

Overall, if I had to pick one of these two sides, I'd go with the mainstream media, but if I could choose a third side, I'd go with non-mainstream media which emphasizes objectivity over so-called "neutrality."
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 11:47:47 PM »

I trust the MM more, in the same way that I think eating at McDonald's is healthier than eating out of the garbage.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 12:59:24 AM »

The mainstream media is far too lax on trump
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 01:02:07 AM »

The mainstream media does constant lies of omission, but doesn't actually lie for the most part.  Trump straight up lies to you.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 02:44:06 AM »

I don't trust a man who has spoken ill of so many people and things and who has tied over 7,000 times in two years.

Journalists have overall done a fair job over the past years.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies