Supreme Court Allows Transgender Military Ban
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:34:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Supreme Court Allows Transgender Military Ban
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Supreme Court Allows Transgender Military Ban  (Read 2367 times)
Hollywood
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 05:19:09 AM »

This is not a ban of Transgenders.  Transgenders can still serve openly.  Individuals with a history of gender dysphoria cannot serve, because it is a Psychiatric disorder.  Transitioning is the ultimate manifestation of gender dysphoria, and the surgical treatment utilized to combat the disorder. You can still join the military if you receive a waiver after the transition.  A licensed professional must clear you to serve, and I believe you need to show that your condition has been stable for 36 months. 

It's important to note that there are plenty of other groups that are disqualified from service for similar medical reasons. 

In my opinion, this is nothing like the gay and lesbian ban, and it was easy for me to get on their bandwagon from the start.  There wasn't any legitimate medical rationale for disallowing homosexuals from serving in the military, and the degree of accommodation for certain subsets of transgender individuals is monumental in comparison.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 05:41:16 AM »

Obviously this is horrible and trans people should be allowed in the military, but

Hating trans people at home but wanting them to die for your country is pretty messed up.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 06:07:41 AM »

The sound you hear is all these WWC voters being relieved from their economic anxiety.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2019, 08:38:47 AM »

Relevant post to this topic from someone I know IRL who works as a recruiter:

It's not always about hating people, but keeping soldiers we have in the best shape possible, mentally and physically. Transitioning is not easy on the body, and what someone goes through while transitioning isn't really good for roles they should be taking on in the military.

Why the heck would someone be rejected beause of their acne?
Hollywood
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2019, 09:11:54 AM »

Relevant post to this topic from someone I know IRL who works as a recruiter:

It's not always about hating people, but keeping soldiers we have in the best shape possible, mentally and physically. Transitioning is not easy on the body, and what someone goes through while transitioning isn't really good for roles they should be taking on in the military.

Why the heck would someone be rejected beause of their acne?

"Current diseases of sebaceous glands to include severe acne, if the extensive involvement of the neck, shoulders, chest, or back is present or would be aggravated by or interfere with the proper wearing of military equipment, are disqualifying ."

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-and-appointment-3354059

I also saw an applicant online that was complaining that his Acne waiver was denied. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies