[any democrat] vs Trump Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:31:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  [any democrat] vs Trump Map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [any democrat] vs Trump Map  (Read 688 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:50 AM »

Come on, guys.  You all know the choice of nominee is mostly irrelevant to the final vote totals.  Regardless of who's on the ticket, the map is going to look like this:

The only exception is if some clearly unqualified nut like Tulsi Gabbard gets the nomination.  Then things might  look different...but maybe not!

Am I wrong?
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »

why is NC more dem than PA, WI, FL? Are we all assuming less voter suppression or what?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

why is NC more dem than PA, WI, FL? Are we all assuming less voter suppression or what?

Demographic change and recent election performance.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »

Come on, guys.  You all know the choice of nominee is mostly irrelevant to the final vote totals.  Regardless of who's on the ticket, the map is going to look like this:

The only exception is if some clearly unqualified nut like Tulsi Gabbard gets the nomination.  Then things might  look different...but maybe not!

Am I wrong?

There's a clearly unqualified nut in the White House right now so I'm not sure why you think that would be a negative for Tulsi..
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »

There's a clearly unqualified nut in the White House right now so I'm not sure why you think that would be a negative for Tulsi..

There are different standards for Democrats.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »

There is NO WAY Trump will win WI & PA against even a semi-competent Democratic candidate.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 01:07:59 PM »

There is NO WAY Trump will win WI & PA against even a semi-competent Democratic candidate.

That's what most thought in 2016.  But both those states are getting older, poorer, and less educated--i.e. more Republican.  Hillary poured more resources into Pennsylvania than almost any other state and still lost decisively.  Last year in a massive anti-Trump wave, Dems only squeaked out the barest of majorities in Wisconsin's state-wide races.  Democrats will have an even harder time there when there's an actual name at the top of their ticket for Wisconsin voters to choose between.  Right now, polling looks good for Democrats, but a contested election will depress those number significantly.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »

That's what most thought in 2016.  But both those states are getting older, poorer, and less educated--i.e. more Republican.  Hillary poured more resources into Pennsylvania than almost any other state and still lost decisively.  Last year in a massive anti-Trump wave, Dems only squeaked out the barest of majorities in Wisconsin's state-wide races.  Democrats will have an even harder time there when there's an actual name at the top of their ticket for Wisconsin voters to choose between.  Right now, polling looks good for Democrats, but a contested election will depress those number significantly.

How about asking Senators Vukmir and Barletta, as well as Governor Wagner?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is an antonym for unqualified nut.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 01:21:29 PM »

How about asking Senators Vukmir and Barletta, as well as Governor Wagner?

Incumbency has advantages.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 01:54:24 AM »

Am I wrong?

While I doubt this is a mega set in stone map, it could possibly happen
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 02:16:36 AM »

That's what most thought in 2016.  But both those states are getting older, poorer, and less educated--i.e. more Republican.  Hillary poured more resources into Pennsylvania than almost any other state and still lost decisively.  Last year in a massive anti-Trump wave, Dems only squeaked out the barest of majorities in Wisconsin's state-wide races.  Democrats will have an even harder time there when there's an actual name at the top of their ticket for Wisconsin voters to choose between.  Right now, polling looks good for Democrats, but a contested election will depress those number significantly.
Pennsylvania isn't. It's pretty much switching over to Virginia trends now. The shrinking population of older, whiter rurals trending D is producing a smaller new net R increase than the growing population of Greater Philadelphia is producing a net D increase. It's essentially the same demographic profile as a combined Virginia-West Virginia--which is to say it goes narrowly R in 2016, clearly blue in 2018, and increasingly blue from here on out. Wisconsin is shakier, but given the lean of the nation as a whole, should vote D in 2020. Long term, Michigan actually has the most worrying demographics. NC needs it's rural population to shrink and urban population to grow for another cycle, whereas Florida is the perpetual swing state.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:15 AM »

I don’t see how trump carries WI and PA and loses NC.
If the election was held today I think Trump would win NC by two and would lose WI by two points and PA by four points
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies