AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, & Ro Khanna added to Oversight Comittee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:40:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, & Ro Khanna added to Oversight Comittee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, & Ro Khanna added to Oversight Comittee  (Read 1180 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 09:11:59 PM »

Aside from Tlaib, I’m okay with this (Pressly seems like a waste though)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:02 PM »

My Queen is Alive!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »

Why do you say Pressley is a waste in this case? Just curious.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 09:48:38 PM »

Khanna is the only one I count on to be responsible.

Tlaib shouldn't be on anything but the most insignificant committees possible.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 10:05:27 PM »

I think there are better picks for that slot; this gonna be an important committee in the coming years and she hasn’t proven herself at all.  Great place to put AOC though, at least imo.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 10:19:58 PM »

I think there are better picks for that slot; this gonna be an important committee in the coming years and she hasn’t proven herself at all.  Great place to put AOC though, at least imo.
That makes no sense. How has Pressley "not proven herself" but AOC has?

They are both freshman congresswomen.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »

That committee is gonna be LIT AF.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 05:02:58 AM »

AOC + Tlaib + Pressley = solid members added to the committee.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 07:48:50 AM »

N U T
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »

Much as I dislike her, AOC does have some major potential as an effective attack dog if she can just get over herself a bit and have her staff do a little fact-checking before she says things, so there is a potential benefit to putting her here that could be balanced against the risk of her bomb-throwing backfiring (I could see her deliberately doing something dumb like Tlaib just for the free media attention).  Pressley has no upside and strikes me as someone who may say dumb stuff for media attention, plus I think they already put her on Financial Services. 

Ro Khanna is only a few rungs above Gabbard in terms of credibility (he originally ran for Congress as a Smiley Smiley ModerateHero Smiley Smiley Silicon Valley technocrat with a Corporatist No Labels-type schtick), but he’s probably not gonna cause any problems here, although come to think of it, he might also be a waste of a slot. 

Tlaib is awful and already an embarrassment, she should get a seat on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and see how that goes, if she gets her act together and proves she can be a team player then that can be revisited in 2-4 years. 
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »

Great news to hear!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »

Much as I dislike her, AOC does have some major potential as an effective attack dog if she can just get over herself a bit and have her staff do a little fact-checking before she says things, so there is a potential benefit to putting her here that could be balanced against the risk of her bomb-throwing backfiring (I could see her deliberately doing something dumb like Tlaib just for the free media attention).  Pressley has no upside and strikes me as someone who may say dumb stuff for media attention, plus I think they already put her on Financial Services. 

Ro Khanna is only a few rungs above Gabbard in terms of credibility (he originally ran for Congress as a Smiley Smiley ModerateHero Smiley Smiley Silicon Valley technocrat with a Corporatist No Labels-type schtick), but he’s probably not gonna cause any problems here, although come to think of it, he might also be a waste of a slot. 

Tlaib is awful and already an embarrassment, she should get a seat on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and see how that goes, if she gets her act together and proves she can be a team player then that can be revisited in 2-4 years. 
You have absolutely NO EVIDENCE to back that claim up (bolded).
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »

You’ll be judged by the company you keep and all that.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 03:29:59 PM »

So you have no evidence to back that claim up? Got it!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »

The fact that she pals around with whack jobs like Omar, AOC, Jayapal, and Tlaib is evidence enough that there is a serious risk.  Doesn’t mean it’ll happen, but there is objectively a real risk (doesn’t mean it’ll come to pass).  There’s also the fact that her campaign theme in the primary might as well have been  “judge me not by the quality of my ideas, but by the color of my skin...and also my gender.”
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »

The fact that she pals around with whack jobs like Omar, AOC, Jayapal, and Tlaib is evidence enough that there is a serious risk.  Doesn’t mean it’ll happen, but there is objectively a real risk (doesn’t mean it’ll come to pass).  There’s also the fact that her campaign theme in the primary might as well have been  “judge me not by the quality of my ideas, but by the color of my skin...and also my gender.”
Just because you don't like them doesn't make them whavk jobs.

Also, your insinuation that she ONLY won because she's Black is....interesting to say the least.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »

Pot calling the kettle black
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:21 PM »

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them whavk jobs.

Also, your insinuation that she ONLY won because she's Black is....interesting to say the least.

I didn’t say that’s why she won; I said it’s basically all she ran on.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »

This needs to be renamed the Trump Triggering Committee.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 10:00:32 PM »

Khanna is the only one I count on to be responsible.

Tlaib shouldn't be on anything but the most insignificant committees possible.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2019, 10:20:17 PM by PSOL »

This needs to be renamed the Trump Triggering Committee.
I’d say that’s a good thing. Either way adding Ro Khanna is a smart move, the guy is actually wicked qualified and effective so far for such a recent representative.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »

Good. Excellent roster. Gotta play them and beat 'em after their own game after all the Benghazi stunts.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies