AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 05:28:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 56470 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »

He wants "more personal contact." Wow, he's really dumb.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

BECAUSE OF YOU, ROY MOORE, ALABAMA HAS A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR !!

FTFY
This (Morally and politically correct, and does not want to be moderated)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2019, 02:46:46 PM »

He wants "more personal contact." Wow, he's really dumb.

He clearly doesn't realize why he lost
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2019, 02:48:18 PM »

Lightning fast rejection from the Trumps:

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

BECAUSE OF YOU, ROY MOORE, ALABAMA HAS A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR !!

FTFY
This (Morally and politically correct, and does not want to be moderated)

We are talking about a pedophile.... Mr Moore has rightfully earned the expression « dirty Roy »
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

BECAUSE OF YOU, DIRTY ROY, ALABAMA HAS A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR !! GO F**K YOURSELF STUPID ASHOLE

McConnell and the NRSC should have never propped up corrupt Luther Strange in the first place and instead thrown their support behind Brooks (after convincing Strange to forgo a run for the special election).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2019, 03:01:08 PM »

Republicans: Yeah, Moore might be a pedophile and a sexual predator, but Jones has a (D) next to his name and D bad.

Get ready for Senator Moore, folks.

Yeah we know, that’s what you said in 2017...

If lots of Republicans stay home in 2020, Republicans are seen as having a 100% chance of keeping the Senate, and Moore's scandals are at the forefront of the campaign in October 2020, then yeah, maybe Jones could win by 1.5%.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

BECAUSE OF YOU, DIRTY ROY, ALABAMA HAS A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR !! GO F**K YOURSELF STUPID ASHOLE

McConnell and the NRSC should have never propped up corrupt Luther Strange in the first place and instead thrown their support behind Brooks (after convincing Strange to forgo a run for the special election).

Yeah, anyway Strange should have never accepted the Senate appointment that Bentley offered him, I think that Strange’s image was really damaged because of it
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »

If lots of Republicans stay home in 2020, Republicans are seen as having a 100% chance of keeping the Senate, and Moore's scandals are at the forefront of the campaign in October 2020, then yeah, maybe Jones could win by 1.5%.

Obviously incumbency isn’t what it used to be, but it does count for something if the incumbent isn’t extremely unpopular like Gardner in CO. 2017 wasn’t the only time Moore did poorly, he only won by 4 points in 2012 even as Romney was carrying AL by 22. Moore could win in 2020, but there’s no way the race is Safe R.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2019, 03:11:30 PM »

here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2019, 03:30:13 PM »

Safe R with Moore, Likely R without him.

It's Alabama.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2019, 04:08:26 PM »

Moore isn't going to win the nomination, Republicans might not mind the sexual assault stuff but he is a proven loser and that kills him in the primary. A candidate who isn't Roy Moore will be nominated and wins by double digits.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »

This is a Tossup at best for Republicans with Moore, but Lean/Likely R without Moore. You’d think Republicans would have learned not to make overconfident predictions after one humiliating loss after another in red states, but apparently not. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Last time they had a humiliating loss in a red state was in 2012 and even then IN is not AL.

It was actually in 2015 when they lost LA-GOV even at a time when they still had Obama as president to rally against. Losing AK-GOV in 2014 was also humiliating.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2019, 04:34:56 PM »

I really think people are overestimating Moore's chance of winning the primary again, remember that Alabama has primary runoffs
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »

Moore would fall to Byrne in a primary runoff.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2019, 04:45:56 PM »

I really think people are overestimating Moore's chance of winning the primary again, remember that Alabama has primary runoffs

This is important. He only won the primary runoff in 2017 since he was against Luther Strange who was considered to have been appointed in a corrupt bargain with the states Governor by Republicans in the state. And now, he has a proven loser record attached to his name.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »

True, but I still think Moore still has a better chance of getting nominated than some of y’all like to think or want to believe.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »

Dems would only need AZ, CO and NC to flip, should Moore win the nomination
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2019, 07:18:48 PM »

True, but I still think Moore still has a better chance of getting nominated than some of y’all like to think or want to believe.
Not really, he has a 25-30 percent base of support that will follow him no matter what. I doubt he can expand on that in a runoff with both the pedo thing and the baggage of losing in Alabama
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:40 PM »

Plenty of Moore's supporters believe that he was falsely accused for political reasons and they will show up to support him in the primary and in the runoff should he make it. The ability to play the victim of the establishment and the media is a major plus in a Republican primary. Besides, it's not like his Republican opponents are going to attack him for on the accusations.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »

Moore winning the nomination would be Doug Jones' only chance at winning again. However the election is still likely R rather than safe R as with any other matchup. Could he win the nomination though? I actually think his chances aren't as bad as one might think.

Moore has a much better chance this time, even if he is rejected by the establishment. That might actually make him more popular with the base in both the primary and general election. He'll have presidential turnout to work with this time too, as well as a sense of revenge, and Alabama just being Alabama.

So with this all being said, I almost would rather have Byrne win the primary and beat Jones outright than have a potentially competitive Jones vs. Moore rematch that renews the possibility of Moore becoming Senator. Our timeline is miserable enough for Moore to win and become a problem for all of us, thanks once again, to our favorite medieval state.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2019, 07:42:21 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

You say that as if Republicans are entitled to that Senate seat, rather than the people of Alabama being entitled to elect whomever they wish to represent them (regardless of party).
UncleSam

« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

You say that as if Republicans are entitled to that Senate seat, rather than the people of Alabama being entitled to elect whomever they wish to represent them (regardless of party).
I mean Doug Jones doesn’t exactly represent the people of Alabama very well lol. Plenty of Democrats have expressed similar sentiments about Republicans like Scott Brown, Susan Collins, or Cory Gardner over the years - the difference being all of them were much closer to the state they represented than Jones is to Alabama.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2019, 09:50:55 PM »

I HATE MOORE !

I mean Doug Jones doesn’t exactly represent the people of Alabama very well lol. Plenty of Democrats have expressed similar sentiments about Republicans like Scott Brown, Susan Collins, or Cory Gardner over the years - the difference being all of them were much closer to the state they represented than Jones is to Alabama.

If senators were meant to represent some averaging of the aggregate political wishes of the statewide population, they wouldn't be elected in a winner-take all first-past-the-post no-runoff system.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies