Who would you prefer between Gillibrand and Harris?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:12:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who would you prefer between Gillibrand and Harris?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these two candidates would you prefer?
Gillibrand

Harris

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Who would you prefer between Gillibrand and Harris?  (Read 366 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »

They seem similar to me.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 07:14:36 PM »

Gillibrand.

Not a great fan of the #MeToo-isms, but at least she has some kind of direction.

Harris has been playing it like the negative aspects of Hillary/Obama's campaigns at best, at worst it's Marco Rubio all over again. And it didn't have to be like that either.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »

They’re my top two choices at this choice (with Brown being the only undeclared candidate that might be able to take priority over them, but even that I doubt), so I like both a lot.

I’m currently leaning towards Gillibrand; as someone who likes Harris, even I can admit that there are some pretty sketchy things in her record as CA AG (and no, I’m not talking about the Mnuchin non-scandal). Yes, Gillibrand used to be more conservative, but even then she was no Dan Lipinski, and she’s been much more progressive for pretty much a whole decade now (and I think it’s acceptable considering what her constituency used to be). Her changes in ideology actually seem mostly genuine to me, but I know that most seem to disagree with me on that. I  tend to think Gillibrand is slightly more electable, but contrary to popular belief I think both of them would do perfectly fine in general. I also am seemingly more tribally supportive of Gillibrand the more that everyone attacks her for the Franken situation, because I find that line of criticism absurd.

I’ll probably wait until the debates to really commit to either one. I’m guessing Harris will have much more impressive results in the primary regardless, though.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »

Gillibrand.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »

Both are my top two. Harris, for now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »

I abstain for now. This is an extremely tough choice for me. I like them both nearly equally but I was sold on Gillibrand (in the short time, at least) after seeing her in several interviews and at events. Harris is still in the process of catching up to her in that regard, so I want to see more of her. It's possible I'll flip over to preferring Harris. She would probably be the better general election candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies