Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:39:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127904 times)
History505
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 20, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »

A Sanders vs Trump debate would be something to see.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »

I’m sorry GoTfan but no the threads attacking Kamala over truancy jailing when dozens of other states and their AGs do the same, calling her “the anointed one”, or attacking her over Trump giving her 8 grand back in 2013 when he did that all the time and also in the world of political donations that isn’t a lot are not legitimate at all and are just people who don’t like her (mainly Berniebros sadly) finding an excuse to rip on her
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »

I’m sorry GoTfan but no the threads attacking Kamala over truancy jailing when dozens of other states and their AGs do the same, calling her “the anointed one”, or attacking her over Trump giving her 8 grand back in 2013 when he did that all the time and also in the world of political donations that isn’t a lot are not legitimate at all and are just people who don’t like her (mainly Berniebros sadly) finding an excuse to rip on her
The exact same could be said for the anti bernie crowd
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »

I'm personally quite excited to see how many times they repeat their useless slogans without mentioning any policies that come with a stitch of realism. Good times ahead!
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2019, 10:11:24 AM »

I'm personally quite excited to see how many times they repeat their useless slogans without mentioning any policies that come with a stitch of realism. Good times ahead!

Except Bernie is full of ideas, even if they’re ideas you don’t like?
History505
« Reply #630 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:53 AM »

Lol, yep.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #631 on: February 20, 2019, 10:27:41 AM »

NYT reported Sanders raised 5.9/6M odd in 24 hours with 225,000 individual donations. That is incredible. Sanders has raised 4 times as the next best in Kamala Harris & has 6 times the number of donations as Harris. Ofcourse the others are nowhere near including Warren.

People forget how huge Fundraising is going to be to compete in Super Tuesday. Texas & California will be in play as will many other states. It will require huge money to compete in Texas & California. Most candidates will probably not have the money to continue beyond Iowa.

Also Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Warren etc have also taken pledge to not accept PAC money so I don't know how Booker or Gillibrand funds their campaign with such low individual donations.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #632 on: February 20, 2019, 10:32:56 AM »

NYT reported Sanders raised 5.9/6M odd in 24 hours with 225,000 individual donations. That is incredible. Sanders has raised 4 times as the next best in Kamala Harris & has 6 times the number of donations as Harris. Ofcourse the others are nowhere near including Warren.

People forget how huge Fundraising is going to be to compete in Super Tuesday. Texas & California will be in play as will many other states. It will require huge money to compete in Texas & California. Most candidates will probably not have the money to continue beyond Iowa.

Also Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Warren etc have also taken pledge to not accept PAC money so I don't know how Booker or Gillibrand funds their campaign with such low individual donations.

Sanders is also the only candidate with a pre-existing nationwide fundraising apparatus. It's an impressive first day, but it wasn't out-of-the-blue, and it remains to be seen what pace he can keep up on fundraising for the rest of the campaign, as is really the case with all of the candidates at this point.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #633 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »

Sanders is also the only candidate with a pre-existing nationwide fundraising apparatus. It's an impressive first day, but it wasn't out-of-the-blue, and it remains to be seen what pace he can keep up on fundraising for the rest of the campaign, as is really the case with all of the candidates at this point.

I mean, not really.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #634 on: February 20, 2019, 10:38:14 AM »

Apparently the Sanders campaign has recurring pledges  of 0.5M odd or so. They have a list of 2.5 or 3M odd donors from the last campaign (8M odd donations). The average donation is 30$ odd, the lowest of all candidates so PEOPLE still have a lot of money to give & will be giving every month or atleast can give.

In comparison, Warren raised like 0.3M, Harris 1.5M. No one has raised even 1M. Sanders has raised 20 times as much as Warren. Let that sink in -> 20 times as much in the 1st 24 hours. The point is  without PAC money, it is going to be compete without huge small $ donations.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #635 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:50 AM »

I have to be honest - 4 millions in 12 hours and 5,4 millions views on twitter are really huge. Bernie still has the potential, but is that real potential, or potential artificially pumped by Bernie Bros.
Roll Eyes
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #636 on: February 20, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.

The subset of Sanders supporters I'd call BernieBros stand out in that they spend most of their time viciously attacking his primary opponents rather than say positive things about their own candidate. This undercuts opposition to Trump.

------------------------

This thread is more of a s***fest than I had even anticipated and then my expectations were already pretty low.

There's just as many people who do that only bashing Sanders instead if promoting their preferred candidate. Does Landslide Lyndon even have a candidate?
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #637 on: February 20, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »

Yep, nothing gets me more energized to vote than being told I can’t have good things.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #638 on: February 20, 2019, 11:18:13 AM »

@realDonaldTrump
 Crazy Bernie has just entered the race. I wish him well!

@BernieSanders
What’s crazy is that we have a president who is a racist, a sexist, a xenophobe and a fraud. We are going to bring people together and not only defeat Trump but transform the economic and political life of this country.

@BernieSanders
Since yesterday morning, the response to our campaign has been incredible.

-$6 million raised
-225,000 contributors
-Average donation: $27

We are just getting started. Let's stand together to transform this country.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #639 on: February 20, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Poi5x0E2CM
James Monroe

« Reply #640 on: February 20, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.

The subset of Sanders supporters I'd call BernieBros stand out in that they spend most of their time viciously attacking his primary opponents rather than say positive things about their own candidate. This undercuts opposition to Trump.

------------------------

This thread is more of a s***fest than I had even anticipated and then my expectations were already pretty low.

There's just as many people who do that only bashing Sanders instead if promoting their preferred candidate. Does Landslide Lyndon even have a candidate?

I spend just as much time promoting Kamala candidacy on this forum as I voraciously bashed Sanders.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #641 on: February 20, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »

I don't want Sanders to win, (I'm a fan of Buttigieg, Gillibrand, and Harris) but I must admit his rollout figures are historic.

He definitely has potential to win the Democratic nomination, but I see him getting crushed in the general.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #642 on: February 20, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

I am starting to consider if Bernie is the best nominee... because the berniebros won't vote for anyone besides him.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #643 on: February 20, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »

You say while sporting Hillary Clinton iconography. The irony really gets lost on you, doesn't it?
Joey1996

« Reply #644 on: February 20, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »

$6 million raised in a day...but I thought Bernie's popularity was inflated by opposition to Clinton?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #645 on: February 20, 2019, 01:50:57 PM »

Yeah lol. The hardcore Kamalers have literally been acting like Bernie is a homophobic, racist card-carrying NRA member or something.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #646 on: February 20, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

Kamala isn’t a bad candidate, I simply don’t believe she will fight to change the system but rather simply to fix some of the symptoms of that system, which isn’t enough IMO. Not after Trump. The current system is diseased.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #647 on: February 20, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »

Yeah lol. The hardcore Kamalers have literally been acting like Bernie is a homophobic, racist card-carrying NRA member or something.

I was going to say something similar considering the amount of negative tweets about Bernie running and many of them just so happen to be Harris’ supporters.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #648 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:01 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #649 on: February 20, 2019, 02:39:51 PM »

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.

In many ways it doesn’t, but you need to understand that many people in this country don’t look at politics through a Left Vs. Right lens but rather through a Establishment Vs. Nonestablishment lens, and Bernie speaks to many of those people who voted for Trump as a vote against the establishment.

My best friend is one of those voters, hell, Richard Ojeda is one of those voters. Do I agree with them? No. Do I believe it’d behoove us to reach out to them? Absolutely.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies