Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:22:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127837 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 20, 2019, 02:40:10 PM »

Bernie picks up another endorsement.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »

The only endorsement that matters

The primary is now over folks, time to go home
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #652 on: February 20, 2019, 03:04:21 PM »

Sanders/DeVito 2020
James Monroe

« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2019, 03:32:50 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #654 on: February 20, 2019, 03:48:26 PM »

Ro Khanna has endorsed Sanders.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2019, 04:06:26 PM »

But is America ready for a Vice President with a magnum dong?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #656 on: February 20, 2019, 04:28:42 PM »

"Can I offer you a nice $27 in this trying time?"
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #657 on: February 20, 2019, 04:59:10 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.

Lolol at any rating system that says Booker is more progressive than Bernie Sanders
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #658 on: February 20, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

Lolol at any rating system that says Booker is more progressive than Bernie Sanders

It was just reported the other day that former Rep. Joe Crowley has joined a K street lobbying firm and this is of course after he signed on to the Medicare for all bill and adopted a number of AOCs positions before losing to her. Now the Dems are trying the same thing with Booker and Harris (to his credit....Biden is still an unabashed centrist shill promising to keep the dream of the 90s alive if elected). Everyone knows whats up....the Dem party's long running scam is too obvious now. Voters arent falling for it like they fell for it with Bill Clinton and Obama. Everyone knows it's a scam and they arent ever going to go through with far reaching legislation regardless of what that garbage website and its score says
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »

Something I just heard on Fox Business. The program led with nearly 6 million Sanders raised in the first 24 hours. They asked Austin Goolsbee, ( former chair of President Obama's Economic Advisors) his thoughts. He said something to the effect of, "I was honestly surprised it was so small. He raised hundreds of times that last campaign. This may suggest his base is smaller than it used to be and many of his supporters have abandoned him."

Personally I felt it was one of the most creative attempts at spin I have heard. Tongue   
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #660 on: February 20, 2019, 05:25:12 PM »

Something I just heard on Fox Business. The program led with nearly 6 million Sanders raised in the first 24 hours. They asked Austin Goolsbee, ( former chair of President Obama's Economic Advisors) his thoughts. He said something to the effect of, "I was honestly surprised it was so small. He raised hundreds of times that last campaign. This may suggest his base is smaller than it used to be and many of his supporters have abandoned him."

Personally I felt it was one of the most creative attempts at spin I have heard. Tongue   

I think Austin may have Dyschronometria.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #661 on: February 20, 2019, 05:33:29 PM »

Sanders missed a crucial progressive vote on...appointing an Ambassador to Luxembourg. Wow
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2019, 05:47:46 PM »

ITT: maroon avatar middle class white guys who can’t accept equally good nonwhite and/or female candidates for President.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #663 on: February 20, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »

ITT: maroon avatar middle class white guys who can’t accept equally good nonwhite and/or female candidates for President.

ITT: Technocracy Timmy thinking that being nonwhite or female somehow qualifies you for anything
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #664 on: February 20, 2019, 05:52:12 PM »

ITT: Technocracy Timmy thinking that being nonwhite or female somehow qualifies you for anything

Thank you for proving my point. Berniebros will never stop being berniebros.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #665 on: February 20, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »

It certainly doesn't disqualify anyone from anything. Of course, some people think that white people know nothing about being poor so there is all sorts of weird logic out there.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #666 on: February 20, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »

It certainly doesn't disqualify anyone from anything. Of course, some people think that white people know nothing about being poor so there is all sorts of weird logic out there.

Of course not. I never said it did.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #667 on: February 20, 2019, 06:23:40 PM »

You definitely implied it did. You get triggered at the thought of qualified minority and female candidates defeating your lord and savior Saint Bernard.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #668 on: February 20, 2019, 06:28:49 PM »

It's just that non-white candidates simply running for office is considered to be identity politics by Sanders supporters. The only way a person of color running for office is considered suitable is if they have endorsed Sanders or been endorsed by him.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #669 on: February 20, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »

You definitely implied it did. You get triggered at the thought of qualified minority and female candidates defeating your lord and savior Saint Bernard.
In no way did he imply that. Youre being disingenuous and its embarrassing.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #670 on: February 20, 2019, 08:21:53 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 04:47:31 AM by VP YE »

Have you ever contributed anything to this forum that wasn’t an insult, a quip or a one sentence statement full of mistruth? Going through your posting history, I really don’t see anything. And I agree with the other poster, you’re embarrassing yourself.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #671 on: February 20, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »

I would ignore the bait if I were you
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #672 on: February 20, 2019, 09:29:38 PM »

Bernie has a real chance of knocking off establishment and winning nomination.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #673 on: February 20, 2019, 10:11:08 PM »

DTC's Grandma/Timmy 2020
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #674 on: February 21, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2019, 09:01:22 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

It's certainly interesting that most of the donut contingent on Atlas are:

*non-Democrats
*Those who have just crossed over to the Democrats
*Literal ex-Republicans

It's also interesting that almost everyone who talks about Sanders not being a Democrat seem to selectively ignore Michael Bloomberg, who only joined the party last year and has been supporting Republicans in competitive downballot races as recently as last November. Conveniently, Bloomberg happens to have followed a similar path to them and is more similar ideologically.

It's also worth noting that I've noticed much more vitriol from the anti-Sanders crowd (see: Hagrid's flippant "k" in response to me opening up about my mental health issues) than I have from the Bernie Bros. I have disagreements with some of them about Gabbard (because of her PAC's support of conservative Democrats in primaries) and they seem to be able to be civil in their disagreements with me.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies